Home chat 1.0

Building Bag End? Did your front fall off? More leaks than a Chinese steamboat? Show us your pinterest projects!

How do you house, brah?

Own it
67%
Rent it
19%
:crang: in mom's basement
10%
:dong: grabbing frat house
2%
At school
No votes
I'm nomadic
2%

Total votes: 42
SAWCE
Command Chief Master Sirloin
Drives: Ebombtra

Tarspin wrote: Tue Jan 16, 2018 11:40 am
SAWCE wrote:
That looks good. Michelle is all about white stuff, I think she'd dig hardwood that looks like that.
Most womenz will like it so that makes the house marketable if we go to sell. It's kind of a style right now.

I'm still admiring the first sample wishing it would go down. It looks 5/7 in natural light. I'd much rather this stuff (daylight pic below) but Nicole thinks it is too orange.

Going with the white/grey stain does work well with our furniture and maintains a light and "airy" feel to the house that we currently have with light grey tiles and maple wood strip floors.Image
Yeah I prefer the natural look, but I could see Michelle going nuts for that white washed one.
SAWCE
Drives: Ebombtra

Big Brain Bradley wrote: Tue Jan 16, 2018 11:46 am
SAWCE wrote: Tue Jan 16, 2018 11:22 am

That looks good. Michelle is all about white stuff, I think she'd dig hardwood that looks like that.
:jizz: :hue: :hue: :hue: :hue: :hue: :hue: :hue:
Painting maps of Hawaii.
ChrisoftheNorth
Drives: 4R

Detroit wrote: Tue Jan 16, 2018 11:00 am
:butwhy:

Seems like a 5/7 decision?
you won't be able to put your old cabinets back up! :wtf:
Oh shit, true...

Hmmm.
Desertbreh wrote: Tue Oct 10, 2017 6:40 pm My guess would be that Chris took some time off because he has read the dialogue on this page 1,345 times and decided to spend some of his free time doing something besides beating a horse to death.
wap
Chief Master Sirloin of the Wasteful Steak
Drives: Blue Meanie

SAWCE wrote: Tue Jan 16, 2018 11:22 am

:hue: :bravo: :hue:
:wap: Where are these mangos?
Detroit wrote: Fri Apr 16, 2021 1:19 pm I don't understand anything anymore.
wap

Detroit wrote: Tue Jan 16, 2018 11:58 am

you won't be able to put your old cabinets back up! :wtf:
Oh shit, true...

Hmmm.
There isn't 3" available on each side of the cabinet run if (when) you have to put them back up?
goIftdibrad
Chief Master Soft Brain
Chief Master Soft Brain
Drives: straight past the apex

wap wrote: Tue Jan 16, 2018 12:17 pm
Detroit wrote: Tue Jan 16, 2018 11:58 am
Oh shit, true...

Hmmm.
There isn't 3" available on each side of the cabinet run if (when) you have to put them back up?
look at the pick he'd have a gap, thats if the cabinets are already multiple pieces.
brain go brrrrrr
ChrisoftheNorth

Big Brain Bradley wrote: Tue Jan 16, 2018 12:21 pm
wap wrote: Tue Jan 16, 2018 12:17 pm

look at the pick he'd have a gap, thats if the cabinets are already multiple pieces.
I have three inches on the right, but not on the left. The cabinet is sandwiched between the wall and the range...requiring a 30" hood.

I need to think about this a bit more.
Desertbreh wrote: Tue Oct 10, 2017 6:40 pm My guess would be that Chris took some time off because he has read the dialogue on this page 1,345 times and decided to spend some of his free time doing something besides beating a horse to death.
ChrisoftheNorth

Biggest issue ATM is that vent hoods are hideous. All the exposed ones are stainless. The copper one I linked had potential...but it looks like the colors in the kitchen will be gray, slate, and black. There's very few black range hoods out there too.
Tar
Chief Master Sirloin
Chief Master Sirloin
Drives: Beige Family Sedan sans Dent

Big Brain Bradley wrote:
SAWCE wrote: Tue Jan 16, 2018 11:22 am That looks good. Michelle is all about white stuff, I think she'd dig hardwood that looks like that.
:dat:
wap

Detroit wrote: Tue Jan 16, 2018 12:31 pm Biggest issue ATM is that vent hoods are hideous. All the exposed ones are stainless. The copper one I linked had potential...but it looks like the colors in the kitchen will be gray, slate, and black. There's very few black range hoods out there too.
May have to go custom, dude. :angry:
ChrisoftheNorth

wap wrote: Tue Jan 16, 2018 1:10 pm
Detroit wrote: Tue Jan 16, 2018 12:31 pm Biggest issue ATM is that vent hoods are hideous. All the exposed ones are stainless. The copper one I linked had potential...but it looks like the colors in the kitchen will be gray, slate, and black. There's very few black range hoods out there too.
Pinshit to the rescue!
Tar
Chief Master Sirloin
Chief Master Sirloin

Detroit wrote:
wap wrote: Tue Jan 16, 2018 1:10 pm May have to go custom, dude. :angry:
Pinshit to the rescue!
:waxer:
wap

Detroit wrote: Tue Jan 16, 2018 1:15 pm
wap wrote: Tue Jan 16, 2018 1:10 pm

Pinshit to the rescue!
:disgust:
ChrisoftheNorth

Tarspin wrote: Tue Jan 16, 2018 1:26 pm
Detroit wrote:Pinshit to the rescue!
:waxer:
Nah breh. Free pallet wood, a bit of hot glue and Rit dye and ZOMG rustic vent hood cabinet!
Tar
Chief Master Sirloin
Chief Master Sirloin

Detroit wrote:
Tarspin wrote: Tue Jan 16, 2018 1:26 pm :waxer:
Nah breh. Free pallet wood, a bit of hot glue and Rit dye and ZOMG rustic vent hood cabinet!
:doit: but it might either drip toxic crud into your stir fry or catch fire when someone sets that new slate stove to 11 in a drunken stupor while showing off how fast one can sear a steak.
ChrisoftheNorth

Tarspin wrote: Tue Jan 16, 2018 2:44 pm
Detroit wrote:
:doit: but it might either drip toxic crud into your stir fry or catch fire when someone sets that new slate stove to 11 in a drunken stupor while showing off how fast one can sear a steak.
Then I'll finally be put out of my misery!
Tar
Chief Master Sirloin
Chief Master Sirloin

Detroit wrote:
Tarspin wrote: Tue Jan 16, 2018 2:44 pm :doit: but it might either drip toxic crud into your stir fry or catch fire when someone sets that new slate stove to 11 in a drunken stupor while showing off how fast one can sear a steak.
Then I'll finally be put out of my misery!
:popcorn:
goIftdibrad
Chief Master Soft Brain
Chief Master Soft Brain
Drives: straight past the apex

brain go brrrrrr
Jaxper
Meat Patty 1st Class
Meat Patty 1st Class
Drives: MK7 GTI

Two big projects planned for this year: new kitchen counters and sink, and chain link fence in the backyard for the pup.

Trying to find the best possible price for the counter top installation. Some places include removal, others make you pay 5-10/sqft, which is absurd to me. Worst case scenario, I'll have my buddy over one weekend and we'll take care of it. As of now, we want to keep the cabinets (off white/parchment color) and go with the New Venetian Gold granite tops (for anyone interested in looking it up), with a black granite under counter sink. That may change, but it's the top we've been leaning toward for a bit now.

As for the fence, that'll likely initiate after we get back from our delayed honeymoon to break up the expenses a bit.
The panda hath arrived.
wap

Jaxper wrote: Wed Jan 17, 2018 11:04 am Two big projects planned for this year: new kitchen counters and sink, and chain link fence in the backyard for the pup.

Trying to find the best possible price for the counter top installation. Some places include removal, others make you pay 5-10/sqft, which is absurd to me. Worst case scenario, I'll have my buddy over one weekend and we'll take care of it. As of now, we want to keep the cabinets (off white/parchment color) and go with the New Venetian Gold granite tops (for anyone interested in looking it up), with a black granite under counter sink. That may change, but it's the top we've been leaning toward for a bit now.

As for the fence, that'll likely initiate after we get back from our delayed honeymoon to break up the expenses a bit.
If you're replacing the sink you probably want to think about a new faucet as well. And get a decent one. You don't want to go full :scrooge: on a shitty faucet.
Last edited by wap on Wed Jan 17, 2018 2:51 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Jaxper
Meat Patty 1st Class
Meat Patty 1st Class
Drives: MK7 GTI

wap wrote: Wed Jan 17, 2018 12:00 pm
Jaxper wrote: Wed Jan 17, 2018 11:04 am Two big projects planned for this year: new kitchen counters and sink, and chain link fence in the backyard for the pup.

If you're replaceing the sink you probably want to think about a new faucet as well. And get a decent one. You don't want to go full :scrooge: on a shitty faucet.
Whoops, yeah. I forgot to mention that. I want to get a high arched faucet with the hose built in, rather than having a separate one on the side.
The panda hath arrived.
Johnny_P
Drives: Blue short bus

Home Depot faucets are generally made in China garbage. Buy one from a good plumbing supply or kitchen remodel store.
coogles
First Sirloin
First Sirloin
Drives: Hooptie Crotchfruit Carrier

Johnny_P wrote: Wed Jan 17, 2018 12:28 pm Home Depot faucets are generally made in China garbage. Buy one from a good plumbing supply or kitchen remodel store.
:dat:

Wayfair has some surprisingly good prices and is easy to deal with. We also bought some of our stuff from faucetdirect.com.
ChrisoftheNorth

Man...I got a Grohe kitchen faucet that the PO installed during a kitchen remodel nearly 20 years ago. The thing still look like new, and I just replaced the cartridge on it last month because it was leaking under the sink. Dude at the faucet shop said that they'll last forever.

5/7 would spend money on a nice faucet.
wap

Jaxper wrote: Wed Jan 17, 2018 12:27 pm
wap wrote: Wed Jan 17, 2018 12:00 pm

If you're replacing the sink you probably want to think about a new faucet as well. And get a decent one. You don't want to go full :scrooge: on a shitty faucet.
Whoops, yeah. I forgot to mention that. I want to get a high arched faucet with the hose built in, rather than having a separate one on the side.
Good call. :like: