Home chat 1.0

Building Bag End? Did your front fall off? More leaks than a Chinese steamboat? Show us your pinterest projects!

How do you house, brah?

Own it
68%
Rent it
20%
:crang: in mom's basement
8%
:dong: grabbing frat house
3%
At school
No votes
I'm nomadic
3%

Total votes: 40
wap
Chief Master Sirloin of the Wasteful Steak
Drives: Blue Meanie

Irish wrote: Tue Oct 05, 2021 4:13 pm
wap wrote: Tue Oct 05, 2021 3:51 pm

Replace existing fridge with a counter-depth model. Boom, instant hella-flush :lol:

Moving sinks = plumbing changes = :waxer: . Try to talk her out of it, or offer to get a new sink/faucet but leave it in the same place. High impact change that you can do yourself.

These days you can get shit-tons of options to make existing cabinets more modern and functional, from soft-close hinges to pull-out drawers, dividers, etc.

My :scrooge: $.02...
Concur, in spades...

I will offer to replace sink with a deeper one to minimize splash, install pull outs and acquiesce on some nice ass countertops....

Olde minds thinking alike since 69BC
:fuckyeah:

All good ideas, IMO. Deep sink is your answer. :like:
:wap: Where are these mangos?
Detroit wrote: Fri Apr 16, 2021 1:19 pm I don't understand anything anymore.
Detroit
Drives: CT

wap wrote: Tue Oct 05, 2021 4:19 pm
Irish wrote: Tue Oct 05, 2021 4:13 pm

Concur, in spades...

I will offer to replace sink with a deeper one to minimize splash, install pull outs and acquiesce on some nice ass countertops....

Olde minds thinking alike since 69BC

:dat:

I'll also say that I really like our counter depth fridge. Sure you lose some space, but you also don't lose things burried way back there. Also looks :nice: and the fridge itself appears to be less massive in the kitchen.
Desertbreh wrote: Tue Oct 10, 2017 6:40 pm My guess would be that Chris took some time off because he has read the dialogue on this page 1,345 times and decided to spend some of his free time doing something besides beating a horse to death.
wap

Detroit wrote: Tue Oct 05, 2021 5:20 pm
wap wrote: Tue Oct 05, 2021 4:19 pm

I'll also say that I really like our counter depth fridge. Sure you lose some space, but you also don't lose things burried way back there. Also looks :nice: and the fridge itself appears to be less massive in the kitchen.
Love our counter fridge, too. And yes, while shallower they tend to be taller. At least ours is, so it still has full size fridge 25 cubic feet of space.
Detroit
Drives: CT

wap wrote: Tue Oct 05, 2021 6:02 pm

Love our counter fridge, too. And yes, while shallower they tend to be taller. At least ours is, so it still has full size fridge 25 cubic feet of space.
I don't think ours is any taller, but zero complaints about capacity.
Desertbreh wrote: Tue Oct 10, 2017 6:40 pm My guess would be that Chris took some time off because he has read the dialogue on this page 1,345 times and decided to spend some of his free time doing something besides beating a horse to death.
wap

Detroit wrote: Wed Oct 06, 2021 10:21 am
Love our counter depth fridge, too. And yes, while shallower they tend to be taller. At least ours is, so it still has full size fridge 25 cubic feet of space.
I don't think ours is any taller, but zero complaints about capacity.
Hmm. Ours is like 78" tall.
troyguitar
Command Chief Master Sirloin
Drives: Trek Domane

I was originally thinking that we'd want to do a full kitchen remodel including moving everything, but recently I'm questioning the utility of spending what would likely be nearly 6 figures. A smaller fridge that actually kind of fits in our stupid space with french doors plus an automatic icemaker would actually go a long way toward making our lives easier for like $2000. Of course we'd eventually have to replace our other appliances and sink because the whole world has gone to stainless and our shit is all white... :wasteful:

https://www.homedepot.com/p/Haier-16-4- ... /317192203
Desertbreh
Chief Master Sirloin
Chief Master Sirloin

Counter depth keeps shit up front so you stay on top of freshness/spoliation issues. If you need more "space" what you need is a garage fridge. The life essential nobody talks about.
Bender wrote: No one gives a shit about Virginia
Desertbreh
Chief Master Sirloin
Chief Master Sirloin

troyguitar wrote: Wed Oct 06, 2021 1:08 pm I was originally thinking that we'd want to do a full kitchen remodel including moving everything, but recently I'm questioning the utility of spending what would likely be nearly 6 figures. A smaller fridge that actually kind of fits in our stupid space with french doors plus an automatic icemaker would actually go a long way toward making our lives easier for like $2000. Of course we'd eventually have to replace our other appliances and sink because the whole world has gone to stainless and our shit is all white... :wasteful:

https://www.homedepot.com/p/Haier-16-4- ... /317192203
4 doors. hawt.
Bender wrote: No one gives a shit about Virginia
wap

Desertbreh wrote: Wed Oct 06, 2021 1:15 pm
Counter depth keeps shit up front so you stay on top of freshness/spoliation issues. If you need more "space" what you need is a garage fridge. The life essential nobody talks about.
Yep, or a small freezer in the basement, which is what we have.
troyguitar
Drives: Trek Domane

wap wrote:
Desertbreh wrote: Wed Oct 06, 2021 1:15 pm Counter depth keeps shit up front so you stay on top of freshness/spoliation issues. If you need more "space" what you need is a garage fridge. The life essential nobody talks about.
We have space for neither of those extras, but realistically I don't think we exceed 50% of our fridge/freezer capacity except for Thanksgiving prep/leftovers... I can :dealwithit: for one week a year.
Irish
Senior Chief Patty Officer
Senior Chief Patty Officer
Drives: '12 GIT

wap wrote: Wed Oct 06, 2021 1:17 pm
Desertbreh wrote: Wed Oct 06, 2021 1:15 pm

I have a garage fridge and I am getting a stand up freezer from my father-in-law's estate soon. I am excited about the freezer as it will allow me to order a side of beef from a local Mennonite farm.

She wants the look of flush front surfaces. Our current cabinet configuration on the fridge wall is 12 inch deep uppers and much deeper lowers. So a shallower fridge is not the answer.

I am thinking of perhaps trying to match our current cabinets with new in that section and if I cant, then perhaps spring for "refinishing" the other sections to match whatever I can find that closely approximates the style of the existing units.