The resident Turk vehicular thread

Strut your greasy stuff!
max225
Chief Master Sirloin of the Wasteful Steak
Drives: Taco+ Bavarian lemon

I am always amused by ECO buttons on ECO cars... like do you need to suffer more than 1.3 liters already deal you on the daily. Also 27mpg is... :disgust: for something that smol
Tar
Chief Master Sirloin
Chief Master Sirloin
Drives: Beige Family Sedan sans Dent

It looks a lot like a Corolla hatch, generally nice Euro DD
MexicanYarisTK
Senior Master Sirloin
Senior Master Sirloin
Drives: An Okinowa Cruiseship
Location: 6 miles north of Sleepy Joes House & 5 miles from Bosphorus Channel

wap wrote: Thu Mar 11, 2021 3:10 pm Nice write up.

I like it!
Danke Kind sir!
Nephew of a :plac: a few first gen immigrant on DFD, resident turk, and ex nazi egg lover now driving a middle class mom mobile.
MexicanYarisTK
Senior Master Sirloin
Senior Master Sirloin

max225 wrote: Thu Mar 11, 2021 3:16 pm I am always amused by ECO buttons on ECO cars... like do you need to suffer more than 1.3 liters already deal you on the daily. Also 27mpg is... :disgust: for something that smol
This is no surprise either, the traffic here ruins the mpg, this thing needs a serious roadtrip to see it's true economical potential as long as I avoid autobahn esque roads where it's not patrolled and can actually go fast as I could.
Nephew of a :plac: a few first gen immigrant on DFD, resident turk, and ex nazi egg lover now driving a middle class mom mobile.
MexicanYarisTK
Senior Master Sirloin
Senior Master Sirloin

Tarspin wrote: Thu Mar 11, 2021 5:50 pm It looks a lot like a Corolla hatch, generally nice Euro DD
:howdareu: it also drives very nice and darty, feels very GTI-ish minus the :plaid: unless I drive in lower speed limit areas.
Tar
Chief Master Sirloin
Chief Master Sirloin

MexicanYarisTK wrote: Sun Mar 14, 2021 11:13 am
Tarspin wrote: Thu Mar 11, 2021 5:50 pm It looks a lot like a Corolla hatch, generally nice Euro DD
:howdareu: it also drives very nice and darty, feels very GTI-ish minus the :plaid: unless I drive in lower speed limit areas.
Meh, I'm not changing my stance :lol:

I like the Rolla hatch :doe: , and think your new whip is pretty sweet!
MexicanYarisTK
Senior Master Sirloin
Senior Master Sirloin

Tarspin wrote: Sun Mar 14, 2021 12:09 pm
MexicanYarisTK wrote: Sun Mar 14, 2021 11:13 am

I like the nfg stock spec too and thanks. I also took her on Turkey's autobahn again couple days ago since I have cancelled plans. Maxed her out roughly 210 km's, she handled better than I thought (as long as it's slightly curvy at best).

Also I had to wheel hop a small sidewalk today thanks to traffic like I'd do in a CUV. I would never own a lowered car here as a daily.
Tar
Chief Master Sirloin
Chief Master Sirloin

MexicanYarisTK wrote: Wed Mar 17, 2021 6:13 pm
Tarspin wrote: Sun Mar 14, 2021 12:09 pm

I like the nfg stock spec too and thanks. I also took her on Turkey's autobahn again couple days ago since I have cancelled plans. Maxed her out roughly 210 km's, she handled better than I thought (as long as it's slightly curvy at best).

Also I had to wheel hop a small sidewalk today thanks to traffic like I'd do in a CUV. I would never own a lowered car here as a daily.
A curb hop is like $600 in :ramz: and alignment assuming the back two wheels haven't been compromised and the additional $400 calibration charge doesn't get applied.

I love that it is a basic but useful vehicle, seems like you are happy with it. :like: it
MexicanYarisTK
Senior Master Sirloin
Senior Master Sirloin

Tarspin wrote: Wed Mar 17, 2021 7:52 pm
MexicanYarisTK wrote: Wed Mar 17, 2021 6:13 pm

A curb hop is like $600 in :ramz: and alignment assuming the back two wheels haven't been compromised and the additional $400 calibration charge doesn't get applied.

I love that it is a basic but useful vehicle, seems like you are happy with it. :like: it
Very, though I won't own this car in the US even if it existed :doe: it's fun and zippy, fairly quicker than majority of the cars on the road here, drives almost as good as my mk6 dynamic wise. Size wise this car is great for the city, can fly in narrow garage corridors and narrow streets like slicing a butter on bread. I could've :troywax: for an RS line, but why bother then all I get over what I have is huge :ramz: that makes the ride worse and other nitpick accessories. I like being the :stig: in sheep clothing.

The only think I dislike is Clio's don't have the optional sunroof
Johnny_P
Drives: Blue short bus

max225 wrote: Thu Mar 11, 2021 3:16 pm I am always amused by ECO buttons on ECO cars... like do you need to suffer more than 1.3 liters already deal you on the daily. Also 27mpg is... :disgust: for something that smol
Your truck would probably get about 7 MPG in his conditions.
D Griff
Trollistrator
Trollistrator
Drives: Bicycles/Two Feet

Sounds like it’s a pretty great little car for the category. I agree that the front end looks 5/7!
MexicanYarisTK
Senior Master Sirloin
Senior Master Sirloin

D Griff wrote: Wed Mar 31, 2021 9:01 pm Sounds like it’s a pretty great little car for the category. I agree that the front end looks 5/7!
danks! deff not regretting my purchase.
MexicanYarisTK
Senior Master Sirloin
Senior Master Sirloin

I forgot to point out one weird quirk with the Clio, and that is relevant to all the Renaults I've rode shotgun in. The driver seat has height adjustment and can go racecar low, I even look like a short dude in the car. But....the passenger side does not have height adjustment and I'm about 2 inches from touching the roof. Frenchies man.

edit: already noted that on my review :sad:
D Griff
Trollistrator
Trollistrator

MexicanYarisTK wrote: Thu Apr 01, 2021 4:45 am I forgot to point out one weird quirk with the Clio, and that is relevant to all the Renaults I've rode shotgun in. The driver seat has height adjustment and can go racecar low, I even look like a short dude in the car. But....the passenger side does not have height adjustment and I'm about 2 inches from touching the roof. Frenchies man.

This is actually pretty common in the segment, I think Fiestas/Focii had the same setup, for example. I get so :triggered: by lack of height adjustment. I'm still :mindblown: that I didn't really fit in my wife's old Fusion. I legit have more headroom in an ND Miata than that car...
max225

D Griff wrote: Thu Apr 01, 2021 9:03 am
MexicanYarisTK wrote: Thu Apr 01, 2021 4:45 am I forgot to point out one weird quirk with the Clio, and that is relevant to all the Renaults I've rode shotgun in. The driver seat has height adjustment and can go racecar low, I even look like a short dude in the car. But....the passenger side does not have height adjustment and I'm about 2 inches from touching the roof. Frenchies man.

This is actually pretty common in the segment, I think Fiestas/Focii had the same setup, for example. I get so :triggered: by lack of height adjustment. I'm still :mindblown: that I didn't really fit in my wife's old Fusion. I legit have more headroom in an ND Miata than that car...
Tacoma doesn’t have it
Tsx doesn’t have it
Ilx didn’t have it
Mazda 3 nope

It’s a super common “cost saving” feature.

But what if you like to ride bitch and are tall? Heightist and sexist lack of feature
CaleDeRoo
Senior Master Sirloin
Senior Master Sirloin
Drives: C5

My S4 and Sierra have it, I doubt the :poorvette: does.
D Griff
Trollistrator
Trollistrator

CaleDeRoo wrote: Thu Apr 01, 2021 11:56 am My S4 and Sierra have it, I doubt the :poorvette: does.
:fancy: :poorvette: is height adjustable on both sides.
D Griff
Trollistrator
Trollistrator

max225 wrote: Thu Apr 01, 2021 10:42 am

Tacoma doesn’t have it
Tsx doesn’t have it
Ilx didn’t have it
Mazda 3 nope

But what if you like to ride bitch and are tall? Heightist and sexist lack of feature
Funny, all Japanese cars. They certainly seem to be :aintcare: with accommodating the DFD linebacker crew in most cases.
MexicanYarisTK
Senior Master Sirloin
Senior Master Sirloin

max225 wrote: Thu Apr 01, 2021 10:42 am

Tacoma doesn’t have it
Tsx doesn’t have it
Ilx didn’t have it
Mazda 3 nope

Now that I think about it, My TSX also didn't have it. Perhaps I've ridden shotgun only in "premium" vehicles for the past few years. That was an unintentionally :crang: rant :sad:
MexicanYarisTK
Senior Master Sirloin
Senior Master Sirloin

Oh wow! I also remember getting inside focus's when I was crossshopping the ST, the interior space seemed too small for it's size.
CaleDeRoo
Senior Master Sirloin
Senior Master Sirloin

D Griff wrote: Thu Apr 01, 2021 1:34 pm
CaleDeRoo wrote: Thu Apr 01, 2021 11:56 am My S4 and Sierra have it, I doubt the :poorvette: does.
Also has adjustable lumbar and bolsters... like my truck
Last edited by CaleDeRoo on Thu Apr 01, 2021 2:38 pm, edited 1 time in total.
MexicanYarisTK
Senior Master Sirloin
Senior Master Sirloin

CaleDeRoo wrote: Thu Apr 01, 2021 2:17 pm
D Griff wrote: Thu Apr 01, 2021 1:34 pm

Also has adjustable lumbar and bolters... like my truck
Explains the :wap: culture around it too, with new balances and Nike Air Monarchs, nice and cushy.
max225

You would think a tsx would add this “feature” over a regular accord it’s based on but :nope:
CaleDeRoo
Senior Master Sirloin
Senior Master Sirloin

MexicanYarisTK wrote: Thu Apr 01, 2021 2:30 pm
CaleDeRoo wrote: Thu Apr 01, 2021 2:17 pm

Also has adjustable lumbar and bolters... like my truck
Explains the :wap: culture around it too, with new balances and Nike Air Monarchs, nice and cushy.
When I joined I had a pretty :wap: garage
MexicanYarisTK
Senior Master Sirloin
Senior Master Sirloin

CaleDeRoo wrote: Thu Apr 01, 2021 2:38 pm
MexicanYarisTK wrote: Thu Apr 01, 2021 2:30 pm

When I joined I had a pretty :wap: garage
HELL YEAH BORTHER!! GOBBLESS!!