Strut your greasy stuff!
wap
Chief Master Sirloin of the Wasteful Steak
Drives: Blue Meanie

Desertbreh wrote: Fri Jun 26, 2020 12:31 pm
Apex wrote: Fri Jun 26, 2020 12:25 pm

https://longrangeamerica.com/shop-tanks/
This is really cool. A big tank should be an option on anything that isn't a sports car.
Agreed.
:wap: Where are these mangos?
Detroit wrote: Fri Apr 16, 2021 1:19 pm I don't understand anything anymore.
Tar
Chief Master Sirloin
Chief Master Sirloin
Drives: Beige Family Sedan sans Dent

wap wrote: Fri Jun 26, 2020 1:07 pm
Tarspin wrote: Fri Jun 26, 2020 10:13 am

GTI is the sweet spot, and wins handily over the Arr when :scrooge: :math: is applied to the bigger equation. The only counter argument really is the AWD which I feel that I sometimes use and enjoy....but not to the point where I can't live without it. I'd definitely pick up the blue meanie spec GTI if I were in the market for a 4dr hatch today.

I think they came up with the 7spd DSG in 2018 or 2019, my car sits a little higher in the RPM range on the highway then I like, it's my only beef since it is what it is and I knew I wasn't buying a fuel miser when I got it.
I really like the 7th gear. 1k rpms at 75 mph is :notbad:

What about an Alltrack if you want AWD?
Gorf is good for 2/3 more life before I trade it in so that's six more years, which I'm happy about.

Wife needs to choose between a 4 yr old Touareg that she loves and a 2020 loaded Tucsan... same price. I'm :popcorn:
wap

Tarspin wrote: Fri Jun 26, 2020 2:24 pm
wap wrote: Fri Jun 26, 2020 1:07 pm

I really like the 7th gear. 1k rpms at 75 mph is :notbad:

What about an Alltrack if you want AWD?
Gorf is good for 2/3 more life before I trade it in so that's six more years, which I'm happy about.

Wife needs to choose between a 4 yr old Touareg that she loves and a 2020 loaded Tucsan... same price. I'm :popcorn:
Friend of mine is on her second Tucson. She loves them, fwiw. Good :derp: mobile, like all H products.
Desertbreh
Chief Master Sirloin
Chief Master Sirloin

wap wrote: Fri Jun 26, 2020 2:48 pm
Tarspin wrote: Fri Jun 26, 2020 2:24 pm

Friend of mine is on her second Tucson. She loves them, fwiw. Good :derp: mobile, like all H products.
Yeah but Mario is getting a Tuscan. It's Italian. :fancy:
Detroit wrote:Buy 911s instead of diamonds.
Johnny_P wrote: Thu Feb 09, 2023 3:21 pm Earn it and burn it, Val.
max225 wrote: Mon May 01, 2023 5:35 pm Yes it's a cool car. But prepare the lube/sawdust.
wap

Desertbreh wrote: Fri Jun 26, 2020 3:00 pm
wap wrote: Fri Jun 26, 2020 2:48 pm

The Korean Riviera. :notbad:
Tar
Chief Master Sirloin
Chief Master Sirloin

wap wrote: Fri Jun 26, 2020 3:55 pm
Desertbreh wrote: Fri Jun 26, 2020 3:00 pm

The Korean Riviera. :notbad:
:dat: :fancy: H
D Griff
Trollistrator
Trollistrator
Drives: Bicycles/Two Feet

wap wrote: Fri Jun 26, 2020 10:03 am

Your :gorf: doesn't have the 7sp DSG?

Yea my fillups are rarely over $30-$35 any more. I was easily spending $38-$45 to fill up the Mk6. :disgust:

A GTI makes a pretty :notbad: commuter car, just sayin...
GTI is the sweet spot, and wins handily over the Arr when :scrooge: :math: is applied to the bigger equation. The only counter argument really is the AWD which I feel that I sometimes use and enjoy....but not to the point where I can't live without it. I'd definitely pick up the blue meanie spec GTI if I were in the market for a 4dr hatch today.

I think they came up with the 7spd DSG in 2018 or 2019, my car sits a little higher in the RPM range on the highway then I like, it's my only beef since it is what it is and I knew I wasn't buying a fuel miser when I got it.
:notwrong: but the depreciation curve is different. A 10 year old R is like $20k, 10 year old GTI is free.

Have fuel prices in Canada dropped? I have a hard time giving a shit about fuel costs at the moment, 93 is 30% more but it’s still just negligible. Filling up my Corvette with 93 is like $32 now.
Tar
Chief Master Sirloin
Chief Master Sirloin

D Griff wrote: Sat Jun 27, 2020 8:49 am

:notwrong: but the depreciation curve is different. A 10 year old R is like $20k, 10 year old GTI is free.

Have fuel prices in Canada dropped? I have a hard time giving a shit about fuel costs at the moment, 93 is 30% more but it’s still just negligible. Filling up my Corvette with 93 is like $32 now.
Premium is priced 30% higher and gas prices have creeped up a lot since the lowest point, we are probably half way between the low point and peak. It's probably on par with US pricing (of 3.43USD/gal for 91) but it hurts more since the exchange rate dropped to 0.7... so it feels like $4.90/gal to those of us who's paychecks stay stuck in yester-decade.

It isn't big enough of a deal for me to switch up and then take it on the chin with said depreciation especially since I'm mostly depreciated already and I like the R. It is a solid vehicle with the odd CE loght popping up for things like fuel rail temperature sensor which extended warranty covers for 3 more years. By then I'll be onto brakes and more pricey fluids but a nice long run of payment free living. I think that I have one more payment left, or am done already?

If I had to guess what my next car will be I'd have a hard time guessing right, it really depends on what I'm doing for a living by then. If I end up driving a lot I want something miserly. My TDI was getting the job done but there are awesome gas powered and hybrid things out there and WAP's blue meanie is high up on the aesthetically pleasing, practical and fun charts for a car that gets 30mpg average. Short drives and I'm about the most fun and enjoyable car I can get that won't leave me stranded or changing out differentials for 2k a pop. A newish Jeep or Taco are really cool.
D Griff
Trollistrator
Trollistrator
Drives: Bicycles/Two Feet

Tarspin wrote: Sat Jun 27, 2020 9:56 am
D Griff wrote: Sat Jun 27, 2020 8:49 am

Premium is priced 30% higher and gas prices have creeped up a lot since the lowest point, we are probably half way between the low point and peak. It's probably on par with US pricing (of 3.43USD/gal for 91) but it hurts more since the exchange rate dropped to 0.7... so it feels like $4.90/gal to those of us who's paychecks stay stuck in yester-decade.

It isn't big enough of a deal for me to switch up and then take it on the chin with said depreciation especially since I'm mostly depreciated already and I like the R. It is a solid vehicle with the odd CE loght popping up for things like fuel rail temperature sensor which extended warranty covers for 3 more years. By then I'll be onto brakes and more pricey fluids but a nice long run of payment free living. I think that I have one more payment left, or am done already?

If I had to guess what my next car will be I'd have a hard time guessing right, it really depends on what I'm doing for a living by then. If I end up driving a lot I want something miserly. My TDI was getting the job done but there are awesome gas powered and hybrid things out there and WAP's blue meanie is high up on the aesthetically pleasing, practical and fun charts for a car that gets 30mpg average. Short drives and I'm about the most fun and enjoyable car I can get that won't leave me stranded or changing out differentials for 2k a pop. A newish Jeep or Taco are really cool.
:ohdang: we got 87 octane for $1.71 last time in the :jeep: , I think my last 93 C5 fill up was $2.35 or so.

Can confirm Wrangler is a lot of fun. I think in pure fun for just every day life, the MX5 and Jeep are the absolute most fun.
Wocka Wocka
Meat Patty 1st Class
Meat Patty 1st Class
Drives: Nothing Good

D Griff wrote:
Tarspin wrote: Sat Jun 27, 2020 9:56 am Premium is priced 30% higher and gas prices have creeped up a lot since the lowest point, we are probably half way between the low point and peak. It's probably on par with US pricing (of 3.43USD/gal for 91) but it hurts more since the exchange rate dropped to 0.7... so it feels like $4.90/gal to those of us who's paychecks stay stuck in yester-decade.

:ohdang: we got 87 octane for $1.71 last time in the :jeep: , I think my last 93 C5 fill up was $2.35 or so.

Can confirm Wrangler is a lot of fun. I think in pure fun for just every day life, the MX5 and Jeep are the absolute most fun.
Dat Carolina Fuel Cost.

Regular is $2.35 here now, premium is up over $3 again.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Apex
Drives: Abominable

D Griff wrote: Sat Jun 27, 2020 11:42 am
Tarspin wrote: Sat Jun 27, 2020 9:56 am

:mahman:
wap

Had kind of a funny thing happen today. Mrs and I were at our local coffee shop sitting on their outdoor patio having crepes for brunch. The patio looks onto the parking lot and I had a nice view of the Blue Meanie parked nearby. While looking across the lot at it I see a while F150 pull into the lot and approach the coffee shop. It gets closer and I read the license plate: ANDIAMO! Followers of this thread from the beginning will know that the murder weapon that killed my Mk6 was a white F150 driven by Stuart with the license plate ANDIAMO. My jaw drops as I look up through the windshield and sure enough, there's a :derp: -y looking middle aged white guy with a stupid pony tail - none other than Stuart himself. He's now driving directly in my direction and right past the Blue Meanie, and instead of parking he veers left and out of the lot through a different entrance than where he came in.

I'm thinking he came for a coffee, saw me, and maybe the different GTI, put 2 and 2 together, and decided he didn't want to get a coffee after all. :lolol:
Apex
Drives: Abominable

wap wrote: Fri Jul 03, 2020 8:30 pm Had kind of a funny thing happen today. Mrs and I were at our local coffee shop sitting on their outdoor patio having crepes for brunch. The patio looks onto the parking lot and I had a nice view of the Blue Meanie parked nearby. While looking across the lot at it I see a while F150 pull into the lot and approach the coffee shop. It gets closer and I read the license plate: ANDIAMO! Followers of this thread from the beginning will know that the murder weapon that killed my Mk6 was a white F150 driven by Stuart with the license plate ANDIAMO. My jaw drops as I look up through the windshield and sure enough, there's a :derp: -y looking middle aged white guy with a stupid pony tail - none other than Stuart himself. He's now driving directly in my direction and right past the Blue Meanie, and instead of parking he veers left and out of the lot through a different entrance than where he came in.

I'm thinking he came for a coffee, saw me, and maybe the different GTI, put 2 and 2 together, and decided he didn't want to get a coffee after all. :lolol:
:lolol:
Tar
Chief Master Sirloin
Chief Master Sirloin

:amazing:
razr390
Command Chief Master Sirloin
Command Chief Master Sirloin
Drives: MK7.5 on 87

Fucking Stuart :lol:
:doughnut: :narc: :doughnut:
Desertbreh wrote: Thu Oct 17, 2019 3:05 pm DFD. The forum where everybody makes the same choices and then tells anybody trying to join the club that they are the stupidest motherfucker to ever walk the earth.
wap

razr390 wrote: Sat Jul 04, 2020 1:59 am Fucking Stuart :lol:
:dat: :disgust:
max225
Drives: Taco+ Bavarian lemon

wap wrote: Fri Jul 03, 2020 8:30 pm Had kind of a funny thing happen today. Mrs and I were at our local coffee shop sitting on their outdoor patio having crepes for brunch. The patio looks onto the parking lot and I had a nice view of the Blue Meanie parked nearby. While looking across the lot at it I see a while F150 pull into the lot and approach the coffee shop. It gets closer and I read the license plate: ANDIAMO! Followers of this thread from the beginning will know that the murder weapon that killed my Mk6 was a white F150 driven by Stuart with the license plate ANDIAMO. My jaw drops as I look up through the windshield and sure enough, there's a :derp: -y looking middle aged white guy with a stupid pony tail - none other than Stuart himself. He's now driving directly in my direction and right past the Blue Meanie, and instead of parking he veers left and out of the lot through a different entrance than where he came in.

That is pretty :impressive:
MexicanYarisTK
Senior Master Sirloin
Senior Master Sirloin
Drives: An Okinowa Cruiseship
Location: 6 miles north of Sleepy Joes House & 5 miles from Bosphorus Channel

DUDE!!! that's fucking gold!! I'd probably ask and crack a small talk, but then again I'm not Stuart :gaydance: :hue:
Nephew of a :plac: a few first gen immigrant on DFD, resident turk, and ex nazi egg lover now driving a middle class mom mobile.
wap

MexicanYarisTK wrote: Sat Jul 11, 2020 2:50 pm

DUDE!!! that's fucking gold!! I'd probably ask and crack a small talk, but then again I'm not Stuart :gaydance: :hue:
RIGHT??!? :lolol:
Irish
Senior Chief Patty Officer
Senior Chief Patty Officer
Drives: '12 GIT (190K!)- 2011 Outie A5

(Johnny Carson voice) Wild and wacky stuff.... seriously doe....
wap

Irish wrote: Mon Jul 20, 2020 12:17 am (Johnny Carson voice) Wild and wacky stuff.... seriously doe....
:hai: Irish!
wap

Took the day off today and washed and waxed the Blue Meanie, after vacuuming and cleaning the interior yesterday.

Sent from my moto g(6) using Tapatalk

wap

wap

:datass:

wap

Since it was a beautiful day, sunny and mid 70's, I went on a nice long 79 mile drive to lake Michigan and up the coast through some :fancy: suburbs.