:wtf: WAP made a car thread? AKA the most boring car thread ever

Strut your greasy stuff!
Gberg2119
First Sirloin
First Sirloin
Drives: W///

wap wrote: Mon Mar 08, 2021 12:17 pm Welp,
Texted this to my SA this morning.
Friday is the first day that a loaner was available so I'm dropping it off then.Image

Sent from my moto g(6) using Tapatalk
:ohslap: You've already got 18k on it. How many did it have when you got it?
wap
Chief Master Sirloin of the Wasteful Steak
Drives: Blue Meanie

Gberg2119 wrote: Mon Mar 08, 2021 9:08 pm
wap wrote: Mon Mar 08, 2021 12:17 pm Welp,
Texted this to my SA this morning.
Friday is the first day that a loaner was available so I'm dropping it off then.Image

Sent from my moto g(6) using Tapatalk
:ohslap: You've already got 18k on it. How many did it have when you got it?
Just under 13k, so I only put on 5k in 10 months, and that included a little 1k road trip the month I bought it. lol
:wap: Where are these mangos?
Detroit wrote: Fri Apr 16, 2021 1:19 pm I don't understand anything anymore.
wap

Dropped the Blue Meanie off at the :tubeman: this morning. Got a :poverty: Jetta. Man, what a pile. No push button start, (which I prefer turning a key anyway so no biggie), no heated seats, much plastic fantastic interior, :manuel: seat back adjustment, flat, non-supportive seats, a HU as bad as mine, no sun glasses holder in the ceiling, non-sliding armrest, rubber steering wheel, etc. It did have an electronic parking brake, which seemed a bit congruous. The 1.4 and 8A was slow, but for :science: I saw an eco mode button on the center console by the gearshift and tried it. My god it was the definition of dangerously slow :plac: .
Found the Monroney in the glove box. It was $21k so I guess I shouldn't expect much. GTI's used to be only a few thou more, but there was a new S in the showroom that was $31k. SAD

I should hear back from my SA later this morning.
max225
Drives: Taco+ Bavarian lemon

wap wrote: Fri Mar 12, 2021 11:50 am Dropped the Blue Meanie off at the :tubeman: this morning. Got a :poverty: Jetta. Man, what a pile. No push button start, (which I prefer turning a key anyway so no biggie), no heated seats, much plastic fantastic interior, :manuel: seat back adjustment, flat, non-supportive seats, a HU as bad as mine, no sun glasses holder in the ceiling, non-sliding armrest, rubber steering wheel, etc. It did have an electronic parking brake, which seemed a bit congruous. The 1.4 and 8A was slow, but for :science: I saw an eco mode button on the center console by the gearshift and tried it. My god it was the definition of dangerously slow :plac: .
Found the Monroney in the glove box. It was $21k so I guess I shouldn't expect much. GTI's used to be only a few thou more, but there was a new S in the showroom that was $31k. SAD

:hibachi: life. It is quite sad how cheap the Mexican/mainstream VW have gotten due to the volume push of 7 years ago
Gberg2119
First Sirloin
First Sirloin

max225 wrote:
wap wrote: Fri Mar 12, 2021 11:50 am Dropped the Blue Meanie off at the :tubeman: this morning. Got a :poverty: Jetta. Man, what a pile. No push button start, (which I prefer turning a key anyway so no biggie), no heated seats, much plastic fantastic interior, :manuel: seat back adjustment, flat, non-supportive seats, a HU as bad as mine, no sun glasses holder in the ceiling, non-sliding armrest, rubber steering wheel, etc. It did have an electronic parking brake, which seemed a bit congruous. The 1.4 and 8A was slow, but for :science: I saw an eco mode button on the center console by the gearshift and tried it. My god it was the definition of dangerously slow :plac: .

:hibachi: life. It is quite sad how cheap the Mexican/mainstream VW have gotten due to the volume push of 7 years ago
:member: when everyone thought they'd be cheaper moving production to Mehico?

I :member:

Sent from my Pixel 3 XL using Tapatalk

wap

max225 wrote: Fri Mar 12, 2021 11:59 am

:notwrong: :|
wap

Gberg2119 wrote: Fri Mar 12, 2021 12:34 pm
max225 wrote:

Also :notwrong:
wap

Just got a text from my SA:
Good morning WAP. We got the car checked out. We spoke with Volkswagen technical assistance, and they advised us to replace the door harness. I do have to order it unfortunately. It is on a backorder right now. We are trying to see if another dealership in the country has one, but that search takes about 48 hours.
:rage:
Desertbreh
Chief Master Sirloin
Chief Master Sirloin

That is 10K more than a low mile W211 E Class.
Detroit wrote:Buy 911s instead of diamonds.
Johnny_P wrote: Thu Feb 09, 2023 3:21 pm Earn it and burn it, Val.
max225 wrote: Mon May 01, 2023 5:35 pm Yes it's a cool car. But prepare the lube/sawdust.
wap

Desertbreh wrote: Fri Mar 12, 2021 12:40 pm

That is 10K more than a low mile W211 E Class.
Yup. And there is absolutely nothing poverty about a low mile W211 E Class.
max225

Gberg2119 wrote: Fri Mar 12, 2021 12:34 pm
max225 wrote:

14995 Jetta
19995 Passat

And that's when they defeated the Jetta into oblivion... for fucks sake they gave it a SOLID REAR SUSPENSION, and I am pretty sure AC was optional with an engine from 1995 (2.slow with 130hp).
Last edited by max225 on Fri Mar 12, 2021 12:45 pm, edited 1 time in total.
coogles
First Sirloin
First Sirloin
Drives: Hooptie Crotchfruit Carrier

wap wrote: Fri Mar 12, 2021 12:38 pm Just got a text from my SA:
Good morning WAP. We got the car checked out. We spoke with Volkswagen technical assistance, and they advised us to replace the door harness. I do have to order it unfortunately. It is on a backorder right now. We are trying to see if another dealership in the country has one, but that search takes about 48 hours.
Airbag warning lights from a door harness being bad? Modern cars make no sense to me.
max225

This makes no sense... :wtf: is that for your Mirror issue or airbag issue?
Last edited by max225 on Fri Mar 12, 2021 12:46 pm, edited 1 time in total.
wap

coogles wrote: Fri Mar 12, 2021 12:45 pm

Airbag warning lights from a door harness being bad? Modern cars make no sense to me.
:dat:
Fucking 'leccy interconnectedness :bs: Blah.
coogles
First Sirloin
First Sirloin
Drives: Hooptie Crotchfruit Carrier

When the battery in my MK6 started to go bad (after only a year) the EPS went on the fritz. The rack wasn't getting the voltage it needed and started throwing codes, the steering felt oddly heavy at times, that sort of thing. It took the dealer forever to figure out, but at least that sort of makes sense. I have no idea how or why you'd get an airbag light from some module related to the BSM system being bad.
wap

coogles wrote: Fri Mar 12, 2021 2:36 pm When the battery in my MK6 started to go bad (after only a year) the EPS went on the fritz. The rack wasn't getting the voltage it needed and started throwing codes, the steering felt oddly heavy at times, that sort of thing. It took the dealer forever to figure out, but at least that sort of makes sense. I have no idea how or why you'd get an airbag light from some module related to the BSM system being bad.
No idea, either. :iono:
But it's costing me free.99 and I've got loaner wheels so I guess I :aintcare: since I had no real plans for the car over the next few days. :ohwell:
Still, :| :doe:
Irish
Senior Chief Patty Officer
Senior Chief Patty Officer
Drives: '12 GIT (190K!)- 2011 Outie A5

The VW gremlins in my :mk6: are all lighting related..... I have changed more bulbs in the GIT in 6 years than in all of my other cars combined ..... :rage:

AIrbag system is a much bigger deal. of course. I really hope they get it sorted for you, olde timer.
wap

Irish wrote: Fri Mar 12, 2021 4:23 pm The VW gremlins in my :mk6: are all lighting related..... I have changed more bulbs in the GIT in 6 years than in all of my other cars combined ..... :rage:

AIrbag system is a much bigger deal. of course. I really hope they get it sorted for you, olde timer.
Thanks dood. My Mk4 ate tail light and brake light bulbs for like the first 4 years of its life, then it behaved afterward for some reason. :iono:
CaleDeRoo
Senior Master Sirloin
Senior Master Sirloin
Drives: C5

THIRTY ONE THOUSAND UNITED STATES OF AMERICA DOLLHAIRS FOR AN EGG S ARE YOU FUCKING JOKING
wap

CaleDeRoo wrote: Fri Mar 12, 2021 6:59 pm THIRTY ONE THOUSAND UNITED STATES OF AMERICA DOLLHAIRS FOR AN EGG S ARE YOU FUCKING JOKING
Yep. And it was a lowly S. With DSG, :doe:

I'll try to get a pic of the Monroney whenever TFy car is ready.
Gberg2119
First Sirloin
First Sirloin

wap wrote:
CaleDeRoo wrote: Fri Mar 12, 2021 6:59 pm THIRTY ONE THOUSAND UNITED STATES OF AMERICA DOLLHAIRS FOR AN EGG S ARE YOU FUCKING JOKING

I was at the :tubeman: today too and they had a poverty S on the showroom floor. I thought it was a used car till I saw the sticker. Couldn't believe it either.

wap

Gberg2119 wrote: Fri Mar 12, 2021 7:31 pm
wap wrote:

I was at the :tubeman: today too and they had a poverty S on the showroom floor. I thought it was a used car till I saw the sticker. Couldn't believe it either.

How much was that one?
Gberg2119
First Sirloin
First Sirloin

It was $30,400ish if I remember right.

Trolling the lot and the few SE GTIs they had were all $35k. I mean, obviously no one is paying sticker on a GTI but it's still :ludacris:

wap

Gberg2119 wrote: Fri Mar 12, 2021 7:40 pm It was $30,400ish if I remember right.

Trolling the lot and the few SE GTIs they had were all $35k. I mean, obviously no one is paying sticker on a GTI but it's still :ludacris:

Dang, that's cray.
wap

So, crickets from my SA yesterday. Found out he was off. Just got a text from him:
Good afternoon WAP. My parts manager has been back and forth with Volkswagen today. We had no luck on the dealer search. Right now Volkswagen is telling us there is no eta. They will be getting back to us by Friday with an eta.
:|

I asked if I should just pick up my car and he can call me when the harness comes in.