Gberg's Alpo Gorf with a bit of Plac Profit

Strut your greasy stuff!
Gberg2119
First Sirloin
First Sirloin
Drives: W///

Tarspin wrote:
Gberg2119 wrote: Wed Mar 25, 2020 9:31 am

I think I have the 5P's. I'll find out when I put them on in a couple weeks. How many miles did they last?

Sent from my Pixel 3 XL using Tapatalk
They did fairly well with no alignments since new. I have 60k miles on it now and split the difference between the summers and winters (60/40), so I'm guessing 36k miles, lots of steady highway cruising.

The dealer had new ones but wanted 50%more then what I deem to be equally good GMax RS/Indy500s. Still pretty great for a factory tire if they come on the car. I heard that they are better then the Pirelli that came on the 2017s.
That's good then. I wasn't a big fan of the pirellis on my 2017. The PSS and Extremecontact DW were both much better. We'll see if I keep the car long enough to buy new tires. :lolol:

Last edited by Gberg2119 on Wed Mar 25, 2020 1:31 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Gberg2119
First Sirloin
First Sirloin

Double post. :wtf:
Gberg2119
First Sirloin
First Sirloin

For all my :scrooge: bros, does it make sense to refinance the car since we're in coronadome? I did this one at 3.89% for 48 months with the intention of paying it off early.

What's involved with refinancing? I've never done it.

razr390
Command Chief Master Sirloin
Drives: MK7.5 on 87

Gberg2119 wrote: Sun Mar 29, 2020 11:08 am For all my :scrooge: bros, does it make sense to refinance the car since we're in coronadome? I did this one at 3.89% for 48 months with the intention of paying it off early.

I don’t know if I would. Also, I believe the current loan has to be in place for a while before refinancing.

I may be :wrong: though.

I refinanced the GTI through my employer (for more APR discount).

One thing to watch out for in refinancing (you may not have as much of an issue with it as me since GTI’s depreciate more and faster than Golf R’s) but your car’s resale value has to be close to the loan amount so there is enough collateral.

My employer was able to make an exception and throw a Hail Mary for me by finding 110% of requested amount.
:doughnut: :narc: :doughnut:
Desertbreh wrote: Thu Oct 17, 2019 3:05 pm DFD. The forum where everybody makes the same choices and then tells anybody trying to join the club that they are the stupidest motherfucker to ever walk the earth.
Tar
Chief Master Sirloin
Chief Master Sirloin
Drives: Beige Family Sedan sans Dent

Loan costs are going up through most banks, dealerships/manufacturers are likely willing to take a hit at near zero rates to move new product. Curious to see what you find out there.
Johnny_P
Chief Master Sirloin of the Wasteful Steak
Drives: Blue short bus

You can refi as soon as you want to.

Maybe there’s a 0.9% out there somewhere.
max225
Drives: Taco+ Bavarian lemon

I don’t really see anything sub 2% as a possibility, mainly because banks have to cover their asses as a bunch of mouth breathers are about to start defaulting on their underwater :truk: s on 84 months stretch pay
SAWCE
Drives: Ebombtra

I actually browsed refinancing mine today for suits and giggles, but I already have 2.79% and didn’t see anything much better than that.
D Griff
Trollistrator
Trollistrator
Drives: Bicycles/Two Feet

Yeah I would be surprised if it really made sense. :iono:
Gberg2119
First Sirloin
First Sirloin

razr390 wrote: Sun Mar 29, 2020 12:01 pm
Gberg2119 wrote: Sun Mar 29, 2020 11:08 am For all my :scrooge: bros, does it make sense to refinance the car since we're in coronadome? I did this one at 3.89% for 48 months with the intention of paying it off early.

I don’t know if I would. Also, I believe the current loan has to be in place for a while before refinancing.

One thing to watch out for in refinancing (you may not have as much of an issue with it as me since GTI’s depreciate more and faster than Golf R’s) but your car’s resale value has to be close to the loan amount so there is enough collateral.

My employer was able to make an exception and throw a Hail Mary for me by finding 110% of requested amount.
Yeah, it's probably not worth the headache for saving such a small amount even if I could refinance at a lower rate.

I'll just make pay more on my monthly and get this paid sooner.
Johnny_P

Gberg2119 wrote: Mon Mar 30, 2020 2:09 pm
razr390 wrote: Sun Mar 29, 2020 12:01 pm

Yeah, it's probably not worth the headache for saving such a small amount even if I could refinance at a lower rate.

If you can do it over the phone it's worth a call :iono:
Most places use docusign app anymore anyways.
Gberg2119
First Sirloin
First Sirloin

Johnny_P wrote: Mon Mar 30, 2020 2:10 pm
Gberg2119 wrote: Mon Mar 30, 2020 2:09 pm

Eh. Maybe. I doubt anyone is even there to answer because of coronadome. I checked my account again and I'm actually at 3.49% so I was mistaken. Their current offer right now is down to 3.24 not that's nothing.

And with the whole buyback thing I'm kind of having second thoughts although it's meaningless now. I probably should've checked out an RS3. The :gorf: puts me on pace for 2 car lyfe sooner than an RS3 would so :ohwell:
max225

Gberg2119 wrote: Mon Mar 30, 2020 2:41 pm
Johnny_P wrote: Mon Mar 30, 2020 2:10 pm

Eh. Maybe. I doubt anyone is even there to answer because of coronadome. I checked my account again and I'm actually at 3.49% so I was mistaken. Their current offer right now is down to 3.24 not that's nothing.

And with the whole buyback thing I'm kind of having second thoughts although it's meaningless now. I probably should've checked out an RS3. The :gorf: puts me on pace for 2 car lyfe sooner than an RS3 would so :ohwell:
I think another golf R makes way more sense than an Audi RS3 and I don’t think another golf R makes sense.

You’ve made the right choice don’t second guess it
Gberg2119
First Sirloin
First Sirloin

max225 wrote: Mon Mar 30, 2020 6:00 pm
Gberg2119 wrote: Mon Mar 30, 2020 2:41 pm

I think another golf R makes way more sense than an Audi RS3 and I don’t think another golf R makes sense.

You’ve made the right choice don’t second guess it
Those 5 cylinder noises :doe: :jimp:

Yeah I think so too. RS3 would've required a down payment on top of the buyback. I'll likely have this R paid off in 2-3 years so that'll be nice for the eventual Poorvette, ND2 Miata, or Poorsche. And after the novelty of the DSG wears off I'd probably miss :manuel:
Gberg2119
First Sirloin
First Sirloin

Got an email from capital one and my loan on the old :gorf: has finally been paid off! Just waiting on the last reimbursement check from VWoA.

:amazing:

And I think I finally hit that magical insurance premium decrease too. Same coverage with Geico and my monthly payment decreased by roughly $40.

D Griff
Trollistrator
Trollistrator

Gberg2119 wrote: Wed Apr 01, 2020 9:34 am Got an email from capital one and my loan on the old :gorf: has finally been paid off! Just waiting on the last reimbursement check from VWoA.

And I think I finally hit that magical insurance premium decrease too. Same coverage with Geico and my monthly payment decreased by roughly $40.

:nice:

SOunds like it's time for :ramz: , t00n, downpipe, clutch... :excited:
Gberg2119
First Sirloin
First Sirloin

D Griff wrote:
Gberg2119 wrote: Wed Apr 01, 2020 9:34 am Got an email from capital one and my loan on the old :gorf: has finally been paid off! Just waiting on the last reimbursement check from VWoA.

Gotta stimulate the economy somehow.

D Griff
Trollistrator
Trollistrator

Gberg2119 wrote: Wed Apr 01, 2020 2:35 pm
D Griff wrote:

:mahman:
wap
Drives: Blue Meanie

Double :fuckyeah:
:wap: Where are these mangos?
Detroit wrote: Fri Apr 16, 2021 1:19 pm I don't understand anything anymore.
Gberg2119
First Sirloin
First Sirloin

Gave it a quick wash and since it was such a nice day I decided to throw the summers on. Turns out I have the ContiSportContact 5P.

Wheels are kinda nice? I still don't know what I'm going to do with them.

max225

I will always dig the OEM look. These may not be the best best but they are still :nice:
:like:
Johnny_P

Looks good!
ChrisoftheNorth
Drives: 4R

max225 wrote: Mon Apr 06, 2020 11:28 am I will always dig the OEM look. These may not be the best best but they are still :nice:
:dat:

And I personally really like the look of those wheels.
Desertbreh wrote: Tue Oct 10, 2017 6:40 pm My guess would be that Chris took some time off because he has read the dialogue on this page 1,345 times and decided to spend some of his free time doing something besides beating a horse to death.
Wocka Wocka
Meat Patty 1st Class
Meat Patty 1st Class
Drives: Nothing Good

Detroit wrote: Tue Apr 07, 2020 10:32 am
max225 wrote: Mon Apr 06, 2020 11:28 am I will always dig the OEM look. These may not be the best best but they are still :nice:
:dat:

And I personally really like the look of those wheels.
Same. It's a good look.
MexicanYarisTK
Senior Master Sirloin
Senior Master Sirloin
Drives: An Okinowa Cruiseship
Location: 6 miles north of Sleepy Joes House & 5 miles from Bosphorus Channel

D Griff wrote: Wed Apr 01, 2020 2:58 pm
Gberg2119 wrote: Wed Apr 01, 2020 2:35 pm

:mahman:
I :nope: on a AWE exhaust for a steal from a buddy because of this 6 weeks ago.
Nephew of a :plac: a few first gen immigrant on DFD, resident turk, and ex nazi egg lover now driving a middle class mom mobile.