Soviet EV and taco chronicles + future ponderings about Fendie

Strut your greasy stuff!
Tar
Chief Master Sirloin
Chief Master Sirloin
Drives: Beige Family Sedan sans Dent

wap wrote: Thu Jul 08, 2021 3:30 pm
Tarspin wrote: Thu Jul 08, 2021 9:25 am

Same, it's much more useful and an overall nicer place to be then the :gorf: , to our family it carries more value and I'd off my car before the T-reg. It has a lot of nice components, like the brakes which are :mindblown: nice, they feel progressive and can grab hard when they are demanded to do so. We get by with a phone mount that :wap: recommended, and just run Google Maps on the phone.
Glad it's working out for you.
Working out is an understatement! I point at it anytime Nicole complains about how shitty the nav is. Possibly saved us from :troywax: it in on a newer car.

It's actually a pretty nice unit for the price. Would buy again!
Johnny_P
Chief Master Sirloin of the Wasteful Steak
Drives: Blue short bus

max225 wrote: Thu Jul 08, 2021 3:30 pm
max225 wrote: Thu Jul 08, 2021 1:05 pm Anyone got :taco: questions ?

I have been pretty happy with my Toyota ownership so far. My local :dillerman: is very decent, very close to my house an provides reasonably good service.
Taco itself have been completely trouble free in the first (almost year) and 10k miles
It has certainly replaced my well loved WJ Grand Cherokee as my favorite utilitarian vehicle. Although I will argue that I should have never sold the WJ as it does everything nearly as well as the :taco: and it got sold for pennies on the dollar.

No surprises so far.
:hibachi: I ordered an OEM tailgate lock kit, that locks the tailgate when you lock the doors. It has been quite annoying to constantly lock it with the key.
That sounds pretty sweet. Good useful mod.

You actually using the truk bed or nah?
wap
Drives: Blue Meanie

Tarspin wrote: Thu Jul 08, 2021 3:40 pm
wap wrote: Thu Jul 08, 2021 3:30 pm

Glad it's working out for you.
Working out is an understatement! I point at it anytime Nicole complains about how shitty the nav is. Possibly saved us from :troywax: it in on a newer car.

It's actually a pretty nice unit for the price. Would buy again!
:fuckyeah:
:wap: Where are these mangos?
Detroit wrote: Fri Apr 16, 2021 1:19 pm I don't understand anything anymore.
max225
Drives: Taco+ Bavarian lemon

Johnny_P wrote: Thu Jul 08, 2021 4:57 pm

:hibachi: I ordered an OEM tailgate lock kit, that locks the tailgate when you lock the doors. It has been quite annoying to constantly lock it with the key.

I use it like a trunk. And I have a bed cover. But it's nice because I have thrown a bunch of dirty beach shit + groceries etc with no worry about leaks etc.

After my wedding I had excess trash that I had to take elsewhere to dump, and mean juices leaked all over the bed. Which would have ruined a normal trunk and I just hosed that shit out.

Overall no, I don't use it like I should with daily trips to the construction site. But I did have 1600lbs of mulch back there at some point, patio furniture, a fucking small tree etc.

Overall I don't need a truck and this isn't a "real truck" IMO. It just does everything an SUV would do in my case but costs far less than what I was willing to spend and is super reliable, low depreciating, and nice riding.
Apex
Drives: Abominable

Locking tailgate is a favorite feature of mine on the JT.
Desertbreh
Chief Master Sirloin
Chief Master Sirloin

Max puts his McDoe in it so his interior is not poisoned.
Detroit wrote:Buy 911s instead of diamonds.
Johnny_P wrote: Thu Feb 09, 2023 3:21 pm Earn it and burn it, Val.
max225 wrote: Mon May 01, 2023 5:35 pm Yes it's a cool car. But prepare the lube/sawdust.
Johnny_P
Drives: Blue short bus

Desertbreh wrote: Fri Jul 09, 2021 9:52 am

Dirty watermelons
Soiled sushi
Milk jugs handled by poors
Etc
max225

:dat: take out goes in the bed 9/10 times.
wap
Drives: Blue Meanie

Johnny_P wrote: Fri Jul 09, 2021 10:02 am

Dirty watermelons
Soiled sushi
Etc
:lol:
:butwhy:
:wap: Where are these mangos?
Detroit wrote: Fri Apr 16, 2021 1:19 pm I don't understand anything anymore.
Desertbreh
Chief Master Sirloin
Chief Master Sirloin

Dirty watermelons
Soiled sushi
Etc
:like:
Detroit wrote:Buy 911s instead of diamonds.
Johnny_P wrote: Thu Feb 09, 2023 3:21 pm Earn it and burn it, Val.
max225 wrote: Mon May 01, 2023 5:35 pm Yes it's a cool car. But prepare the lube/sawdust.
D Griff
Trollistrator
Trollistrator
Drives: Bicycles/Two Feet

Dirty watermelons
Soiled sushi
Etc
POTD.
max225

Installed the remote activated trunk actuator. It was mostly ok but it was still a bit of a bitch. Essentially have to run wiring from the front passenger side all the way to the tailgate.

Toyota gives you an excellent kit but with all that said I still broke one interior clip. :disgust: and this is on a vehicle less than 12 months old. Going to have to find a new one to make sure it’s 100% perfect.
max225

Wow... I just realized that I drove the Cuckoma MORE than the mini as of today. 10 months in cuckoma got more miles than the mini in 24.
CaleDeRoo
Senior Master Sirloin
Senior Master Sirloin
Drives: C5

max225 wrote: Wed Aug 04, 2021 7:38 pm Wow... I just realized that I drove the Cuckoma MORE than the mini as of today. 10 months in cuckoma got more miles than the mini in 24.
How many miles in that bitch now?
max225

CaleDeRoo wrote: Thu Aug 05, 2021 7:49 am
max225 wrote: Wed Aug 04, 2021 7:38 pm Wow... I just realized that I drove the Cuckoma MORE than the mini as of today. 10 months in cuckoma got more miles than the mini in 24.
How many miles in that bitch now?
11.5 cuckoma
33.5 mini
max225

Quick update. Cuckoma is now essentially one year old.
It has visited 3 states and has driven 13k miles, and has had exactly 0 issues. Truck is rock solid. My average MPG is 18.1 which is not bad.

I am however still debating getting into something a bit nicer with more power. Been debating between a G Wagen, Defender, Model X heavily over the last 2 months. Also the mini needs to go as well.
max225

Since I am completely anti MOD, the only thing I have added is an OEM tail gate lock which is amazing + the tri fold cover + bedmat + dash cam.

Wouldn't change a thing.

Truck has spent a total of maybe 10 nights out of 365, outside, I don't transport food inside, paint looks new, and it still has the new car smell because I don't eat/transport smelly shit in the cab. Overall I am pretty happy with the Yoda quality and experience so far.

Wow I needed to split up the post again because of "internal server errors" :disgust:
SAWCE
Command Chief Master Sirloin
Drives: Ebombtra

max225 wrote: Thu Oct 07, 2021 6:09 pm Quick update. Cuckoma is now essentially one year old.
It has visited 3 states and has driven 13k miles, and has had exactly 0 issues. Truck is rock solid. My average MPG is 18.1 which is not bad.

I am however still debating getting into something a bit nicer with more power. Been debating between a G Wagen, Defender, Model X heavily over the last 2 months. Also the mini needs to go as well.
What are used mini's doing with pricing these days? I could be interested in picking it up if you actually do let it go.
max225

SAWCE wrote: Fri Oct 08, 2021 10:27 am
max225 wrote: Thu Oct 07, 2021 6:09 pm Quick update. Cuckoma is now essentially one year old.

What are used mini's doing with pricing these days? I could be interested in picking it up if you actually do let it go.
It really depends on the model. 3 cyl little ones are cheapish (low teens). jcws are in the low 20s from the F gen.
SAWCE

max225 wrote: Fri Oct 08, 2021 10:56 am

It really depends on the model. 3 cyl little ones are cheapish (low teens). jcws are in the low 20s from the F gen.
:notbad:
D Griff
Trollistrator
Trollistrator
Drives: Bicycles/Two Feet

Trouble in paradise with the Elantra?

Could probably flop at profit :lolol:
SAWCE

D Griff wrote: Fri Oct 08, 2021 12:51 pm

I’ve always wanted a Mini, that was my original planned purchase when I bought my GTI. I know Max takes good care of his shit, so if I were to buy a used mini, his would be at the top of my list.

Probably won’t make any moves since I don’t want a car note, and don’t want to dip into savings.. but, if the price is right and I can flip the Elantra for a profit I’d do it.
max225

SAWCE wrote: Fri Oct 08, 2021 1:12 pm
D Griff wrote: Fri Oct 08, 2021 12:51 pm

I’ve always wanted a Mini, that was my original planned purchase when I bought my GTI. I know Max takes good care of his shit, so if I were to buy a used mini, his would be at the top of my list.

Probably won’t make any moves since I don’t want a car note, and don’t want to dip into savings.. but, if the price is right and I can flip the Elantra for a profit I’d do it.
Let me know... I'd probably do a DFD friendly sub "what its worth" deal. If you're serious. As mentioned prior this is an auto... I do like it as an auto but you're a :manuel: guy through and through.
SAWCE

max225 wrote: Fri Oct 08, 2021 2:53 pm
SAWCE wrote: Fri Oct 08, 2021 1:12 pm

Let me know... I'd probably do a DFD friendly sub "what its worth" deal. If you're serious. As mentioned prior this is an auto... I do like it as an auto but you're a :manuel: guy through and through.
As much as I like :manuel: I wouldn’t mind chilling in an auto for a bit. New cats I’ll buy :manuel: where I can to vote with my wallet, but buying used makes no impact. I’ll shoot you a DM.
CaleDeRoo
Senior Master Sirloin
Senior Master Sirloin
Drives: C5

Speaking of the mini too bad you aren't in SoCal so I could turo that bish in a couple weeks. :gaydance: