MrH's Garage Carousel

Strut your greasy stuff!
troyguitar
Command Chief Master Sirloin
Command Chief Master Sirloin
Drives: Trek Domane

max225 wrote:That's a big ass house for 2 folks. :impressive:
:dat:

I can't imagine trying to keep it maintained, but I guess when you're a baller you just have people for that.

I would absolutely enjoy having that kind of space :doe:
MrH42
Meat Patty 1st Class
Meat Patty 1st Class
Drives: '23 Lightning + '23 BRZ

We'll eventually have kids. There isn't a ton of rooms in this house so much, as all the rooms are just big. Got to remember too: we're in Ohio. There isn't such a thing as a nice neighborhood with small houses really. Every one has big houses because it's cheap.

I'm just happy to be moving into a place I know I'll be relatively long term. I've been hesitant to invest a ton into the current house because I always knew I was moving soon. That means all smart home stuff and theater build out.
ChrisoftheNorth
Drives: 4R

Wow, that's a hell of a house! Brave man.
Desertbreh wrote: Tue Oct 10, 2017 6:40 pm My guess would be that Chris took some time off because he has read the dialogue on this page 1,345 times and decided to spend some of his free time doing something besides beating a horse to death.
D Griff
Trollistrator
Trollistrator
Drives: Bicycles/Two Feet

MrH42 wrote: Wed Jul 28, 2021 1:22 pm We'll eventually have kids. There isn't a ton of rooms in this house so much, as all the rooms are just big. Got to remember too: we're in Ohio. There isn't such a thing as a nice neighborhood with small houses really. Every one has big houses because it's cheap.

I'm just happy to be moving into a place I know I'll be relatively long term. I've been hesitant to invest a ton into the current house because I always knew I was moving soon. That means all smart home stuff and theater build out.
That is a dope pad man, congrats! That garage is incredible! I work for Control4 (Snap One actually, the parent company). Hit me up if you have any questions about Smart Home/theater shit.

I also am pretty interested in the upcoming BRZ. That would be neat to have a few on the forum. Seems like Fled and Chris are looking at them as well.
ChrisoftheNorth

D Griff wrote: Fri Jul 30, 2021 10:50 pm
MrH42 wrote: Wed Jul 28, 2021 1:22 pm We'll eventually have kids. There isn't a ton of rooms in this house so much, as all the rooms are just big. Got to remember too: we're in Ohio. There isn't such a thing as a nice neighborhood with small houses really. Every one has big houses because it's cheap.

That is a dope pad man, congrats! That garage is incredible! I work for Control4 (Snap One actually, the parent company). Hit me up if you have any questions about Smart Home/theater shit.

I also am pretty interested in the upcoming BRZ. That would be neat to have a few on the forum. Seems like Fled and Chris are looking at them as well.
BRZ is high on my list if I need a car for myself. But so is the new WRX. :excited: to see that one.
Desertbreh wrote: Tue Oct 10, 2017 6:40 pm My guess would be that Chris took some time off because he has read the dialogue on this page 1,345 times and decided to spend some of his free time doing something besides beating a horse to death.
CaleDeRoo
Senior Master Sirloin
Senior Master Sirloin
Drives: C5

Detroit wrote: Sat Jul 31, 2021 6:54 am

BRZ is high on my list if I need a car for myself. But so is the new WRX. :excited: to see that one.
The new WRX is whorange in the teaser.
ChrisoftheNorth

CaleDeRoo wrote: Sat Jul 31, 2021 9:47 am
Detroit wrote: Sat Jul 31, 2021 6:54 am
The new WRX is whorange in the teaser.
Hence being high on my list.
MrH42
Meat Patty 1st Class
Meat Patty 1st Class

Oh nice! Had no idea you work for Control4. I stopped by Hanson AV around here to see what they offer, and they were all about the Control4. But when he asked me my price range, then made a comment about my watch, I knew I was out of my element. I think that’s probably all too :fancy: for me. System looks awesome for people with :wasteful: and want a polished system. I’m cheap and more or a tinkerer, so I’ll probably build it all out with HomeKit and homebridge myself.

I had the 1st gen BRZ and liked it enough. The new one looks even better and seems to address a lot of the issues.
Apex
Chief Master Sirloin of the Wasteful Steak
Drives: Abominable

Griff, do you guys have outdoors speakers? I came to the realization yesterday that I’m gonna need some tunes outside for the deck/fire pit areas…
ChrisoftheNorth

Apex wrote: Sat Jul 31, 2021 6:43 pm

Griff, do you guys have outdoors speakers? I came to the realization yesterday that I’m gonna need some tunes outside for the deck/fire pit areas…
Do you have Sonos products in the house? I mounted some $100 Ikea Sonos speakers under the eves of the house on the patio where they're entirely out of the elements. They work and sound awesome and tie in with the rest of the system in the house.

If not, you'll be looking at some sort of speaker and receiver/amp setup. Not hard and Dan should be able to hook you up. The projector screen I got from Dan and his company is absolutely fantastic.
Apex

Detroit wrote: Sun Aug 01, 2021 7:13 am
Apex wrote: Sat Jul 31, 2021 6:43 pm

Do you have Sonos products in the house? I mounted some $100 Ikea Sonos speakers under the eves of the house on the patio where they're entirely out of the elements. They work and sound awesome and tie in with the rest of the system in the house.

If not, you'll be looking at some sort of speaker and receiver/amp setup. Not hard and Dan should be able to hook you up. The projector screen I got from Dan and his company is absolutely fantastic.
It’s a blank slate, I’m starting from scratch here.
D Griff
Trollistrator
Trollistrator

MrH42 wrote: Sat Jul 31, 2021 12:05 pm

Oh nice! Had no idea you work for Control4. I stopped by Hanson AV around here to see what they offer, and they were all about the Control4. But when he asked me my price range, then made a comment about my watch, I knew I was out of my element. I think that’s probably all too :fancy: for me. System looks awesome for people with :wasteful: and want a polished system. I’m cheap and more or a tinkerer, so I’ll probably build it all out with HomeKit and homebridge myself.

I had the 1st gen BRZ and liked it enough. The new one looks even better and seems to address a lot of the issues.
I work on the commercial side so I don’t do a ton with residential products/automation but Control4 is definitely neat but also definitely :waxer: The self tinkering should be fun as well and there’s plenty of cool products out there for that as well.

I didn’t realize you had a BRZ. Can’t wait to try out the new car!
D Griff
Trollistrator
Trollistrator

Apex wrote: Sun Aug 01, 2021 7:23 am
Detroit wrote: Sun Aug 01, 2021 7:13 am

It’s a blank slate, I’m starting from scratch here.
We have a ton of outdoor stuff. I could probably get you some outdoor speakers for free from returned stock or something. Amps right now are basically unobtainium so I doubt I could even put an employee order in for one.

There’s a lot of options though depending on what you’re into, speakers that look like rocks, satellite speakers that could go in landscape areas, speakers under the eaves like Chris said (Mine are mounted like this as well).

You’re right though, outdoor tunes are crucial! I got a free outdoor TV from work which we have honestly used twice, but the outdoor sound system is constantly in use.
ChrisoftheNorth

Outdoor speakers are critical. I was working on the solution before the patio was even poured.

If you want to drink the Sonos Kool aid, it's pretty sweet. I HATE Bluetooth in the house, the limited range of connectivity blows. There's some other wifi options out that I'd probably consider a bit more of I wasn't already deep in, but I used Google cast products in the past and found them to be rather unreliable. Chromecast works great. but audio cast was always a crapshoot. Sonos always works, but pricey and you're limited to that ecosystem.
D Griff
Trollistrator
Trollistrator

Detroit wrote: Sun Aug 01, 2021 8:11 am Outdoor speakers are critical. I was working on the solution before the patio was even poured.

If you want to drink the Sonos Kool aid, it's pretty sweet. I HATE Bluetooth in the house, the limited range of connectivity blows. There's some other wifi options out that I'd probably consider a bit more of I wasn't already deep in, but I used Google cast products in the past and found them to be rather unreliable. Chromecast works great. but audio cast was always a crapshoot. Sonos always works, but pricey and you're limited to that ecosystem.
I have Yamaha MusicCast products, which is a competitor to Sonos. My company is a distributor for Sonos and they are a bunch of fuckfaces, so I hate them, but the products are good (Yamaha is equivalent). One cool thing with Yamaha is that in addition to speakers and sound bars, they have receivers and amps and stuff so you have a little bit more flexibility in zones. I used an amp to power my outdoor speakers for example, or you could tie in a 5.1 system.
Desertbreh
Chief Master Sirloin
Chief Master Sirloin

D Griff wrote: Mon Aug 02, 2021 2:23 pm
Detroit wrote: Sun Aug 01, 2021 8:11 am Outdoor speakers are critical. I was working on the solution before the patio was even poured.

I have Yamaha MusicCast products, which is a competitor to Sonos. My company is a distributor for Sonos and they are a bunch of fuckfaces, so I hate them, but the products are good (Yamaha is equivalent). One cool thing with Yamaha is that in addition to speakers and sound bars, they have receivers and amps and stuff so you have a little bit more flexibility in zones. I used an amp to power my outdoor speakers for example, or you could tie in a 5.1 system.
:impressive:
Detroit wrote:Buy 911s instead of diamonds.
Johnny_P wrote: Thu Feb 09, 2023 3:21 pm Earn it and burn it, Val.
max225 wrote: Mon May 01, 2023 5:35 pm Yes it's a cool car. But prepare the lube/sawdust.
Apex

I may have to hit you up for some design options… I have no idea of what to do/need. :lol:
D Griff
Trollistrator
Trollistrator

Apex wrote: Mon Aug 02, 2021 3:04 pm

I may have to hit you up for some design options… I have no idea of what to do/need. :lol:
Yeah, feel free. It's pretty straightforward once you get the hang of it.
ChrisoftheNorth

I wish Yamaha had those products out when I started buying Sonos. At the time, it was either Sonos or shitty glitchy Google cast speakers.

I'm pretty pleased with the Sonos products :doe: Our home theater sounds fantastic and people comment constantly on how good the speakers sound all over the house. The tech is fantastic, but not at all surprised that they're fuckfaces.
ChrisoftheNorth

and not running wires all over for a 5.1 system is outstanding. Plus the sound bar replacing three speakers up front helps it bend into the room way better. Not that it matters with a dedicated theater room, but our living room needs to be dual purpose.
CaleDeRoo
Senior Master Sirloin
Senior Master Sirloin
Drives: C5

*looks at 5.1 + sub with exposed wires in living room*

ChrisoftheNorth

CaleDeRoo wrote: Tue Aug 03, 2021 7:43 am *looks at 5.1 + sub with exposed wires in living room*

I've been there for sure.
MrH42
Meat Patty 1st Class
Meat Patty 1st Class

D Griff wrote: Sun Aug 01, 2021 7:44 am
MrH42 wrote: Sat Jul 31, 2021 12:05 pm

I work on the commercial side so I don’t do a ton with residential products/automation but Control4 is definitely neat but also definitely :waxer: The self tinkering should be fun as well and there’s plenty of cool products out there for that as well.

Yeah, the pissing match between the big 3 (Google, Apple, and Amazon) for home automation stuff really slows the whole thing down. It's hard to find one platform to integrate everything into nicely.

Yeah, I mostly miss the way my BRZ looked. Great looking car, especially in WRB. Didn't love the rear end, but the side profile and front fenders :wub:

D Griff
Trollistrator
Trollistrator

Detroit wrote: Tue Aug 03, 2021 6:06 am

I wish Yamaha had those products out when I started buying Sonos. At the time, it was either Sonos or shitty glitchy Google cast speakers.

I'm pretty pleased with the Sonos products :doe: Our home theater sounds fantastic and people comment constantly on how good the speakers sound all over the house. The tech is fantastic, but not at all surprised that they're fuckfaces.
Yeah it is indeed a really good product, one of the rare tech things that just works as expected every time, and they do sound good. THeir reps just think their shit don't stank and I'm not about that, but :whocares: if you don't have to :dealwithit:

I also sell a bunch of their shit and make money on it, so whatever. They don't pass along much in the way of margins for us or our dealers :doe:
D Griff
Trollistrator
Trollistrator

MrH42 wrote: Tue Aug 03, 2021 8:56 am
D Griff wrote: Sun Aug 01, 2021 7:44 am

Yeah, the pissing match between the big 3 (Google, Apple, and Amazon) for home automation stuff really slows the whole thing down. It's hard to find one platform to integrate everything into nicely.

Yeah, I mostly miss the way my BRZ looked. Great looking car, especially in WRB. Didn't love the rear end, but the side profile and front fenders :wub:

:jimp: