Griff's Garage

Strut your greasy stuff!
max225
Chief Master Sirloin of the Wasteful Steak
Drives: Taco+ Bavarian lemon

D Griff wrote: Tue Jun 02, 2020 12:12 pm
max225 wrote: Tue Jun 02, 2020 11:17 am What did the test driver say? Why did they pass ?
He wants it but "has to sell his Challenger first" so :popcorn:

I have quite a few legit people I'm in discussions with. It is pretty annoying the way this is done now and I am starting to understand the :dillerman: perspective. Like, 10 different people asking a bunch of dumb questions, most of which are already mentioned in the ad they could read in two minutes. I'm over here just like "hurry up and come in for a goddamn test drive mothahfuckah!"
Yea there are quite a few online :derp: 's that just send the worst questions.

Is it an automatic?

What color is it?

Can I trade you my sports bike, only laid it down once?
max225

D Griff wrote: Tue Jun 02, 2020 12:48 pm
Desertbreh wrote: Tue Jun 02, 2020 12:22 pm

Yeah at this phase of your life I'd just ditch the mullet barge and replace it with a nice one later given that this is going to be a far more useful car for you over the next three years but you seem deeply attached to the C5 like nobody on here so I won't try and take away your rattle.
I just get a lot more enjoyment out of the Corvette, it's a really fun car and I like that I can be relatively :aintcare: due to the low value. The BMW just isn't there with the fun level IMO. It is certainly a stellar all around vehicle for the price though.

Also... here's the way I see my future going if I sell the Corvette and keep the BMW:

Let's say I tire of the car in a year and want to :plac: ... well, I will have to deal with :tits: not wanting to take on financial burden and pointing out that we did both want the :jeep: and she would've never bought a $40K car (which is very true, the :jeep: was instigated by me as I wanted one). In an ideal world I would've just kept the Beemah and bought a two door JK for $15K but :tits: isn't down to share :manuel: vehicles, otherwise she would've just dailied the BMW.

So if I kept the BMW now I am realistically stuck in that car for quite some time or stuck with pissing the wife off which is meh. By keeping the C5, I can keep going to the track, keep enjoying it, and if I decide I feel like :plac: she will be in full support. If we have CF, I will then have the ability to either add on another inexpensive sedan if needed or just :plac: to a more dad friendly thing like a CTR or Johnny's STI.
The "weaker" gender strikes again by getting their way across in mischievous ways.
D Griff
Trollistrator
Trollistrator
Drives: Bicycles/Two Feet

max225 wrote: Tue Jun 02, 2020 1:14 pm
D Griff wrote: Tue Jun 02, 2020 12:48 pm

I just get a lot more enjoyment out of the Corvette, it's a really fun car and I like that I can be relatively :aintcare: due to the low value. The BMW just isn't there with the fun level IMO. It is certainly a stellar all around vehicle for the price though.

Also... here's the way I see my future going if I sell the Corvette and keep the BMW:

Let's say I tire of the car in a year and want to :plac: ... well, I will have to deal with :tits: not wanting to take on financial burden and pointing out that we did both want the :jeep: and she would've never bought a $40K car (which is very true, the :jeep: was instigated by me as I wanted one). In an ideal world I would've just kept the Beemah and bought a two door JK for $15K but :tits: isn't down to share :manuel: vehicles, otherwise she would've just dailied the BMW.

So if I kept the BMW now I am realistically stuck in that car for quite some time or stuck with pissing the wife off which is meh. By keeping the C5, I can keep going to the track, keep enjoying it, and if I decide I feel like :plac: she will be in full support. If we have CF, I will then have the ability to either add on another inexpensive sedan if needed or just :plac: to a more dad friendly thing like a CTR or Johnny's STI.
The "weaker" gender strikes again by getting their way across in mischievous ways.
TO be fair we both really did want the :jeep: and it is awesome to be able to share a bit of the "car enthusiasm" in he relationship. It is truly the only vehicle we both really love. I am just down to have $70K in vehicles and she is less so.
D Griff
Trollistrator
Trollistrator

At this point I drive like once a week so :whocares:

I am going to Track Night In America Friday :doe: :fuckyeah:
max225

D Griff wrote: Tue Jun 02, 2020 1:25 pm At this point I drive like once a week so :whocares:

:excited:

Are the brakes all sorted?
D Griff
Trollistrator
Trollistrator

max225 wrote: Tue Jun 02, 2020 1:25 pm
D Griff wrote: Tue Jun 02, 2020 1:25 pm At this point I drive like once a week so :whocares:

:excited:

Are the brakes all sorted?
Yeah... I actually went out last week to the airport loop and bed in the new rotors with some hard braking and that seems to have fixed the pedal feel issue :iono: what the :dill: is there. I will probably bleed them just a bit more before the track to be safe :doe: But they were certainly stopping the car as expected out there (empty stretch of road).
D Griff
Trollistrator
Trollistrator

:poorvette: seems to be :fuckyeah: so far :stig:
max225

Zoom Zoom!
ChrisoftheNorth
Drives: 4R

D Griff wrote: Tue Jun 02, 2020 4:59 pm :poorvette: seems to be :fuckyeah: so far :stig:
:fuckyeah:

For some reason last night was the first time I missed my car since I sold it. I don't want it back or to buy another one, but I really enjoyed that car. C5's are great.

Also, :tits: having a car you both enjoy is huge IMO. If I didn't love my JT so much, I'd probably just get a cheap truck to bomb around in and utilize her JL more. It's a great vehicle.
Desertbreh wrote: Tue Oct 10, 2017 6:40 pm My guess would be that Chris took some time off because he has read the dialogue on this page 1,345 times and decided to spend some of his free time doing something besides beating a horse to death.
D Griff
Trollistrator
Trollistrator

Detroit wrote: Wed Jun 03, 2020 10:31 am
D Griff wrote: Tue Jun 02, 2020 4:59 pm :poorvette: seems to be :fuckyeah: so far :stig:

For some reason last night was the first time I missed my car since I sold it. I don't want it back or to buy another one, but I really enjoyed that car. C5's are great.

Also, :tits: having a car you both enjoy is huge IMO. If I didn't love my JT so much, I'd probably just get a cheap truck to bomb around in and utilize her JL more. It's a great vehicle.
:dat:

It works out nicely so far. I never wanted to take the Fusion anywhere and she didn't want to drive a manual so trips were always more awkward. Now we can :jeep: it up. OUtside of track stuff where I'm taking the C5, most longer trips are with her anyway.

I have to admit though... I do really wish the :jeep: were a :manuel: , I miss rowing my own gears.
ChrisoftheNorth

D Griff wrote: Wed Jun 03, 2020 11:21 am
Detroit wrote: Wed Jun 03, 2020 10:31 am

It works out nicely so far. I never wanted to take the Fusion anywhere and she didn't want to drive a manual so trips were always more awkward. Now we can :jeep: it up. OUtside of track stuff where I'm taking the C5, most longer trips are with her anyway.

I have to admit though... I do really wish the :jeep: were a :manuel: , I miss rowing my own gears.
No you don't. Have you driven a :manuel: JL? The gearing really isn't great. The 8-speed truly is better, and it pains me to say that.
Desertbreh wrote: Tue Oct 10, 2017 6:40 pm My guess would be that Chris took some time off because he has read the dialogue on this page 1,345 times and decided to spend some of his free time doing something besides beating a horse to death.
D Griff
Trollistrator
Trollistrator

Detroit wrote: Wed Jun 03, 2020 11:25 am
D Griff wrote: Wed Jun 03, 2020 11:21 am

No you don't. Have you driven a :manuel: JL? The gearing really isn't great. The 8-speed truly is better, and it pains me to say that.
I haven't... But :iono: I miss it when I'm driving the :jeep: The two door :manuel: JK, while a way shittier car, was more fun to drive.
ChrisoftheNorth

D Griff wrote: Wed Jun 03, 2020 11:54 am
Detroit wrote: Wed Jun 03, 2020 11:25 am
I haven't... But :iono: I miss it when I'm driving the :jeep: The two door :manuel: JK, while a way shittier car, was more fun to drive.
I liked the :manuel: in my JK. It was indeed fun, especially with how meh the auto was.

The new auto is just fantastic and the :manuel: isn't. These days, a good auto is better than a bad :manuel: IMO.
D Griff
Trollistrator
Trollistrator

Detroit wrote: Wed Jun 03, 2020 12:06 pm
D Griff wrote: Wed Jun 03, 2020 11:54 am

I liked the :manuel: in my JK. It was indeed fun, especially with how meh the auto was.

The new auto is just fantastic and the :manuel: isn't. These days, a good auto is better than a bad :manuel: IMO.
Better? Yes. More fun? Not to me. :iono: something about :derp: in a :jeep: with the top off grabbing some gears has always been cool to me.
ChrisoftheNorth

D Griff wrote: Wed Jun 03, 2020 12:12 pm
Detroit wrote: Wed Jun 03, 2020 12:06 pm

Better? Yes. More fun? Not to me. :iono: something about :derp: in a :jeep: with the top off grabbing some gears has always been cool to me.
There's no fun to be had in anything that isn't a sports car. Didn't you get the memo? Are you new here?
D Griff
Trollistrator
Trollistrator

Detroit wrote: Wed Jun 03, 2020 12:14 pm

There's no fun to be had in anything that isn't a sports car. Didn't you get the memo? Are you new here?
I've known about that memo for a long time. I've even been a part of it but always thought :jeep: were fun. Convertible is fun. Also, my minimal experience to off roading is really fun. I don't think I'd ever get into crawling or anything but a busted up fire road or driving in the sand is pretty :fuckyeah:
ChrisoftheNorth

D Griff wrote: Wed Jun 03, 2020 12:22 pm
I've known about that memo for a long time. I've even been a part of it but always thought :jeep: were fun. Convertible is fun. Also, my minimal experience to off roading is really fun. I don't think I'd ever get into crawling or anything but a busted up fire road or driving in the sand is pretty :fuckyeah:
I've been saying this for years, only to be told :wrong:

Get with the program pal, Trackdaybro or :gtfo:
D Griff
Trollistrator
Trollistrator

Detroit wrote: Wed Jun 03, 2020 12:26 pm

:iono: I think Zilch and I are the only two people here who actually trackdaybro. Even then for me, it's like 6-8 days/year only.
max225

I think more people support off-roading on this forum than not. So you're :wrong: about saying that others told you you're :wrong:
Apex
Drives: Abominable

D Griff wrote: Wed Jun 03, 2020 12:27 pm

:iono: I think Zilch and I are the only two people here who actually trackdaybro. Even then for me, it's like 6-8 days/year only.
Is Zilch still around? He’s busy getting highlighted on the dragon every week.
D Griff
Trollistrator
Trollistrator

Apex wrote: Wed Jun 03, 2020 12:41 pm
D Griff wrote: Wed Jun 03, 2020 12:27 pm

I guess not really recently. He does dragon and trackdaybro regularly though... so he is oddly the only one here who is :right:
Desertbreh
Chief Master Sirloin
Chief Master Sirloin

The memo says you should have both. Four post lift brah.
Detroit wrote:Buy 911s instead of diamonds.
Johnny_P wrote: Thu Feb 09, 2023 3:21 pm Earn it and burn it, Val.
max225 wrote: Mon May 01, 2023 5:35 pm Yes it's a cool car. But prepare the lube/sawdust.
Apex
Drives: Abominable

D Griff wrote: Wed Jun 03, 2020 12:45 pm
Apex wrote: Wed Jun 03, 2020 12:41 pm

I guess not really recently. He does dragon and trackdaybro regularly though... so he is oddly the only one here who is :right:
:notwrong:
D Griff
Trollistrator
Trollistrator

Desertbreh wrote: Wed Jun 03, 2020 1:02 pm
The memo says you should have both. Four post lift brah.
I am doing it right then :fuckyeah:

:jeep: :jeep: :jeep: :jeep:
:jeep: :poorvette: :jeep:
:jeep: :jeep: :jeep: :jeep:
SAWCE
Command Chief Master Sirloin
Command Chief Master Sirloin
Drives: Ebombtra

I love rowing gears in my JK. Don’t plan on doing any real crawling, which I think would be the only place an automatic would have an advantage. Soft roading happens just fine in the :manuel: