Chief Master Sirloin of the Wasteful Steak
Drives: Abominable

:megusta:
gravey
Ground Chuck
Ground Chuck
Drives: Whichever bmw isn't broken

Well the M5 survived its first track weekend... kind of... lost a bit of coolant after the third session on saturday, filled it back up and ran fine that evening, tracked my buddies Z3 coupe for the 4th session. Ran some solid times sunday morning, but threw a powersteering belt through turn 9, took out my water pump and AC belt with it, by the time I got back around to turn 7 the low airflow started to overheat it, drained most of my coolant through the pressure cap, but fortunately I shut it down quickly and once it cooled down, I threw new belts on and the M5 made the 4.5hr drive up to Athens without a hiccup, and its been good to me up here. Going to weld up an aluminum expansion tank since all oe tanks in the US come with leaks from the factory, and then probably add some electric fans for good measure.
MexicanYarisTK
Senior Master Sirloin
Senior Master Sirloin
Drives: An Okinowa Cruiseship
Location: 6 miles north of Sleepy Joes House & 5 miles from Bosphorus Channel

WOAH!!
Nephew of a :plac: a few first gen immigrant on DFD, resident turk, and ex nazi egg lover now driving a middle class mom mobile.
wap
Drives: Blue Meanie

gravey wrote: Mon Apr 16, 2018 9:27 pm Well the M5 survived its first track weekend... kind of... lost a bit of coolant after the third session on saturday, filled it back up and ran fine that evening, tracked my buddies Z3 coupe for the 4th session. Ran some solid times sunday morning, but threw a powersteering belt through turn 9, took out my water pump and AC belt with it, by the time I got back around to turn 7 the low airflow started to overheat it, drained most of my coolant through the pressure cap, but fortunately I shut it down quickly and once it cooled down, I threw new belts on and the M5 made the 4.5hr drive up to Athens without a hiccup, and its been good to me up here. Going to weld up an aluminum expansion tank since all oe tanks in the US come with leaks from the factory, and then probably add some electric fans for good measure.
5/7 :impressive: !
:wap: Where are these mangos?
Detroit wrote: Fri Apr 16, 2021 1:19 pm I don't understand anything anymore.
D Griff
Trollistrator
Trollistrator
Drives: Bicycles/Two Feet

gravey wrote: Mon Apr 16, 2018 9:27 pm Well the M5 survived its first track weekend... kind of... lost a bit of coolant after the third session on saturday, filled it back up and ran fine that evening, tracked my buddies Z3 coupe for the 4th session. Ran some solid times sunday morning, but threw a powersteering belt through turn 9, took out my water pump and AC belt with it, by the time I got back around to turn 7 the low airflow started to overheat it, drained most of my coolant through the pressure cap, but fortunately I shut it down quickly and once it cooled down, I threw new belts on and the M5 made the 4.5hr drive up to Athens without a hiccup, and its been good to me up here. Going to weld up an aluminum expansion tank since all oe tanks in the US come with leaks from the factory, and then probably add some electric fans for good measure.
Dude, love the M5, congrats!

Where are you tracking? I've gotten the track itch recently, did a day last month, going to do a few more this year. Maybe I could meet you, we aren't crazy far from each other.

in4morepics of the M5.

I'm in a 128i M Sport this week, enjoying it quite a bit so far, although, it doesn't hold a candle to your 135.
gravey
Ground Chuck
Ground Chuck

D Griff wrote: Tue Apr 17, 2018 9:59 pm

Where are you tracking? I've gotten the track itch recently, did a day last month, going to do a few more this year. Maybe I could meet you, we aren't crazy far from each other.

in4morepics of the M5.

I'm in a 128i M Sport this week, enjoying it quite a bit so far, although, it doesn't hold a candle to your 135.
I’ve only been to Roebling in Savannah, tracking with the PCA, but been doing that for 3 or 4 years now. Lots of fun, well run events. 128s are good cars, thats what I wanted to buy when I got the 135, not a huge fan of factory turbo cars, but the 135 is quick on E85.

Really wanting to pick up a 2002 or an e21 in the coming months, might sell the 135, but more than likely I’ll just turn it into a dedicated track car and uninsure it, or part it out.

If you want the 135 I’ll sell it to you for $5k on that DFD buddy pricing
wap

gravey wrote: Wed Apr 18, 2018 8:57 am

in4morepics of the M5.

I’ve only been to Roebling in Savannah, tracking with the PCA, but been doing that for 3 or 4 years now. Lots of fun, well run events. 128s are good cars, thats what I wanted to buy when I got the 135, not a huge fan of factory turbo cars, but the 135 is quick on E85.

Really wanting to pick up a 2002 or an e21 in the coming months, might sell the 135, but more than likely I’ll just turn it into a dedicated track car and uninsure it, or part it out.

That would be :fuckyeah:

Love those things.
gravey
Ground Chuck
Ground Chuck

wap wrote: Wed Apr 18, 2018 12:02 pm

Love those things.
Same, got some crazy ideas for a full restoration focusing on super subtle weight reduction and a really strong high revving M10 with double webber sidedrafts
wap

gravey wrote: Wed Apr 18, 2018 8:41 pm
wap wrote: Wed Apr 18, 2018 12:02 pm

Love those things.
Same, got some crazy ideas for a full restoration focusing on super subtle weight reduction and a really strong high revving M10 with double webber sidedrafts
:boner:
D Griff
Trollistrator
Trollistrator
Drives: Bicycles/Two Feet

in4morepics of the M5.

:mindblown: Dude I would seriously do that. Let me know if/when you're selling.

Savannah isn't too far, the gf and I have also been talking about going there for a while, maybe I can convince her to come and do something fun (for her) during a day while I track.
gravey
Ground Chuck
Ground Chuck

Well I finally did it, I lost my mind. Traded my 135i for a broken E36 M3 with 67k miles, minty interior, just needs either vanos rebuild or a new MAF, or both, or who knows. I’ll figure it out in a few weeks when I get back from the vintage and work trips. Spoiler and front bumper need to be repainted, but I’ve always loved the e36 M3s and a daytona violet one was extra hard to pass up. This one has an MLS gasket and ARP head studs so I might have to turbo it one day. First just need to get it running smooth and on track/daily duty. Kept my freshly refinished LTWs from the 1er.

ImageImageImageImageImage

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Apex

DINAN badge? What other goodies does this E36 hold for you?

Also, :jelly: of Daytona Violet.
gravey
Ground Chuck
Ground Chuck

Apex wrote: Wed May 09, 2018 10:43 am DINAN badge? What other goodies does this E36 hold for you?

Supposedly most of the dinan parts have been pulled, its got bilsteins and springs, some intake nonsense right now with an oversized MAF and incorrect tune. It made it from Tampa to Jacksonville but doesn’t like WOT or revving past 5500 right now. Haven’t had time to look it over yet, will update in a few weeks
Apex

gravey wrote: Wed May 09, 2018 10:49 am
Apex wrote: Wed May 09, 2018 10:43 am DINAN badge? What other goodies does this E36 hold for you?

Supposedly most of the dinan parts have been pulled, its got bilsteins and springs, some intake nonsense right now with an oversized MAF and incorrect tune. It made it from Tampa to Jacksonville but doesn’t like WOT or revving past 5500 right now. Haven’t had time to look it over yet, will update in a few weeks
:notbad:
MexicanYarisTK
Senior Master Sirloin
Senior Master Sirloin

2 90s bimmers eh?
Nephew of a :plac: a few first gen immigrant on DFD, resident turk, and ex nazi egg lover now driving a middle class mom mobile.
gravey
Ground Chuck
Ground Chuck

[user not found] wrote: Sat May 12, 2018 1:33 pm Mmmm. Purple E36M3.

:jelly:

in4plate: GRAPED
Haha nah just transferred the 1er plate, would be funny though
MexicanYarisTK wrote: Sat May 12, 2018 2:13 pm 2 90s bimmers eh?
Yea, I’d have rather picked up a 2002 or an e21 but this was the trade that presented itself
troyguitar
Command Chief Master Sirloin
Command Chief Master Sirloin
Drives: Trek Domane

I might want that when you decide to :plac: it. Such purple.
goIftdibrad
Chief Master Soft Brain
Chief Master Soft Brain
Drives: straight past the apex

nice, e36 m3 is such a great car and a good buy right now.
brain go brrrrrr
gravey
Ground Chuck
Ground Chuck

troyguitar wrote: Sun May 13, 2018 11:35 pm I might want that when you decide to :plac: it. Such purple.
I’ll keep you in mind, needs a lot of little things right now, and if I turbo it I’ll keep it. Excited to fix it up though, should be epic soon.
Big Brain Bradley wrote: Mon May 14, 2018 8:09 am nice, e36 m3 is such a great car and a good buy right now.
Yea figured it was better than watching my 1 series drop to $5000 fair value. Handles brilliantly, just needs some quicker steering response.
goIftdibrad
Chief Master Soft Brain
Chief Master Soft Brain
Drives: straight past the apex

gravey wrote: Mon May 14, 2018 8:15 am
troyguitar wrote: Sun May 13, 2018 11:35 pm I might want that when you decide to :plac: it. Such purple.
I’ll keep you in mind, needs a lot of little things right now, and if I turbo it I’ll keep it. Excited to fix it up though, should be epic soon.
Big Brain Bradley wrote: Mon May 14, 2018 8:09 am nice, e36 m3 is such a great car and a good buy right now.
Yea figured it was better than watching my 1 series drop to $5000 fair value. Handles brilliantly, just needs some quicker steering response.
yea....and speaking of the 135i is a GREAT value for money on a drivers car right now in the ~10 year old used car space.
brain go brrrrrr
gravey
Ground Chuck
Ground Chuck

Big Brain Bradley wrote: Mon May 14, 2018 8:18 am
gravey wrote: Mon May 14, 2018 8:15 am

yea....and speaking of the 135i is a GREAT value for money on a drivers car right now in the ~10 year old used car space.
Oh definitely, they’re a bit much on maintenance, either chasing misfires on the N54 cars or fixing things like variable valve lift motors buried inbetween the injectors in the head on N55 cars. I escaped with little to no issues on my N55 but they see a ton of them at my friends shop that shows they’re not as problem free as I experienced.
MexicanYarisTK
Senior Master Sirloin
Senior Master Sirloin

gravey wrote: Sun May 13, 2018 7:13 pm
[user not found] wrote: Sat May 12, 2018 1:33 pm Mmmm. Purple E36M3.

:jelly:

in4plate: GRAPED
Haha nah just transferred the 1er plate, would be funny though
MexicanYarisTK wrote: Sat May 12, 2018 2:13 pm 2 90s bimmers eh?
Yea, I’d have rather picked up a 2002 or an e21 but this was the trade that presented itself
ohhh those sounds nice.
Johnny_P
Drives: Blue short bus

Killer car! Love it!
max225
Drives: Taco+ Bavarian lemon

That’s a rare bird. Odd to see it has been fucked with considering the low low miles