9000 Placs Per Minute

Strut your greasy stuff!
troyguitar
Command Chief Master Sirloin
Drives: Trek Domane

Oh and I did finally end up replacing my 5 year old Samsung S4. Had issues with it 3 days in a row a few weeks ago... I think I finally fixed it but I don't trust it anymore. I ended up buying an LG V20 in mint condition for $150 on ebay, it's the last higher end phone with a replaceable battery and microSD card slot, plus has higher quality audio hardware. Sound and speed is :impressive: :plaid:

:whocares:
wap
Chief Master Sirloin of the Wasteful Steak
Drives: Blue Meanie

troyguitar wrote: Wed Apr 04, 2018 2:13 pm
Johnny_P wrote:
Corning looks like a nice little town. NC does sound more ideal though.
Corning is great if your hobbies mostly involve killing things and being cold+dirty. It's not great for me though and it's really terrible for the wife. I'd sort of be OK with getting a camper-van, snowmobile, and dirtbike - or maybe one of those small dune buggy type things with summer and winter tires for it, but the wife would not be a fan.
:lolol:
Your way with words has been missed.
:wap: Where are these mangos?
Detroit wrote: Fri Apr 16, 2021 1:19 pm I don't understand anything anymore.
Johnny_P
Drives: Blue short bus

troyguitar wrote: Wed Apr 04, 2018 2:13 pm
Johnny_P wrote:
Corning looks like a nice little town. NC does sound more ideal though.
Corning is great if your hobbies mostly involve killing things and being cold+dirty. It's not great for me though and it's really terrible for the wife. I'd sort of be OK with getting a camper-van, snowmobile, and dirtbike - or maybe one of those small dune buggy type things with summer and winter tires for it, but the wife would not be a fan.
I'd imagine it's about the worst option for her, given the cold issues. I used to live in :mahtroy: NY and remember getting an assload of snow every winter.
Apex
Drives: Abominable

:whalecum: back :mahtroy: !
max225
Drives: Taco+ Bavarian lemon

Wow Corning isn't even on redfin :mindblown:

https://www.zillow.com/homes/for_sale/- ... ect/10_zm/

:notbad: live like a Corning King for 225k. No gayrage :doe: and dat crotchfruit swing
Last edited by max225 on Wed Apr 04, 2018 8:44 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Tar
Chief Master Sirloin
Chief Master Sirloin
Drives: Beige Family Sedan sans Dent

:fuckyeah: , great update and glad you're back!
max225

https://www.zillow.com/homes/for_sale/- ... ect/10_zm/

Terrible inside but 2 car gayrage and only 160k.... wow i didn't realize NY was that cheap.
max225

troyguitar wrote: Wed Apr 04, 2018 12:48 pm The :plac: saga is over. I went from 5000 lbs of vehicles with 275k miles to 2900 lbs and 31k miles for a grand total of zero dollars using 100% :plac: profit to fund the new shit. Spent $10k on new car and $1k in modzzz, sold $10k in old cars and $1k in old modzzz.

Vibe sold 2 or 3 weeks ago for $3k after spending ~$9k on it over ~50 months and ~50k miles, $0.12/mi $120/mo, not counting insurance/fuel.

MR2 sold last weekend for $7k plus $1k in extra parts to a separate buyer, spent ~$9500 on it over 9 months and 12k miles and ~150 autox runs, $0.125/mi $167/mo not counting insurance/fuel. I took it to a national autox event in Charlotte last weekend, didn't drive very well but showed that the car was clean and fast, it sold that night to a national autox guy who had a friend drive it home on Saturday and I hitched a ride back to KY with some other local people.

Interesting tidbit... on poverty vehicles...
CV has had ~$9875 in maintenance + ~7200 in depreciation.
A somewhat whopping ~17k spent on it... 5.2 cents per mile not counting gas/insurance. ~$101 a month.
Gas is a whopping 16.2 cents per mile on it :doe:
troyguitar

max225 wrote:
troyguitar wrote: Wed Apr 04, 2018 12:48 pm The :plac: saga is over. I went from 5000 lbs of vehicles with 275k miles to 2900 lbs and 31k miles for a grand total of zero dollars using 100% :plac: profit to fund the new shit. Spent $10k on new car and $1k in modzzz, sold $10k in old cars and $1k in old modzzz.

Vibe sold 2 or 3 weeks ago for $3k after spending ~$9k on it over ~50 months and ~50k miles, $0.12/mi $120/mo, not counting insurance/fuel.

MR2 sold last weekend for $7k plus $1k in extra parts to a separate buyer, spent ~$9500 on it over 9 months and 12k miles and ~150 autox runs, $0.125/mi $167/mo not counting insurance/fuel. I took it to a national autox event in Charlotte last weekend, didn't drive very well but showed that the car was clean and fast, it sold that night to a national autox guy who had a friend drive it home on Saturday and I hitched a ride back to KY with some other local people.

A somewhat whopping ~17k spent on it... 5.2 cents per mile not counting gas/insurance. ~$101 a month.
RX8 gets 16 mpg on $3 premium = almost 19 cents per mile. Luckily full coverage insurance is only $70/mo now that I'm married. Still that's around $250/mo in fuel and insurance alone. :troywax:
max225

troyguitar wrote: Wed Apr 04, 2018 9:08 pm
max225 wrote:
RX8 gets 16 mpg on $3 premium = almost 19 cents per mile. Luckily full coverage insurance is only $70/mo now that I'm married. Still that's around $250/mo in fuel and insurance alone. :troywax:
One way cov is $48 on the CV... it smelled like fuel today on my way home from registering the other car... I wonder if it caught on fire... It is not worth the extra $30 a month either way
troyguitar

max225 wrote:
troyguitar wrote: Wed Apr 04, 2018 9:08 pm RX8 gets 16 mpg on $3 premium = almost 19 cents per mile. Luckily full coverage insurance is only $70/mo now that I'm married. Still that's around $250/mo in fuel and insurance alone. :troywax:
One way cov is $48 on the CV... it smelled like fuel today on my way home from registering the other car... I wonder if it caught on fire... It is not worth the extra $30 a month either way
Haha yeah my car is paid for so I don't need full coverage, but since it's cheap and the car is nice and I no longer have a backup vehicle I figured I'll keep it covered for now.
max225

https://sfbay.craigslist.org/eby/cto/d/ ... 84384.html

1997 BMW M3
fuel: gas
odometer: 155000
title status: clean
transmission: manual
Up for sale is my pride and joy. It breaks my heart to sell this car and I'm constantly being harassed by my friends because of it.

Truth is, I bought a corvette and will be tracking that from now on.

Car is a 1997 BMW M3 that I bought in 2010. Since then I have spent countless hours and thousands of dollars getting this car to where it is now. Engine is original to the car but has been gone through extensively. Last Feb, car was victim of a cracked head. Replaced the head along with a few valves (receipt available for machine shop work).

Because I work at a race shop, the vehicle has always been properly maintained and taken care of. With that being said, I often did not record or get receipts for work performed mostly because I did the work myself and parts/fluids were on site in bulk.

Car is very competitive in time attack and only needs a few more safety items to compete in NASA/SCCA racing (weld in roll cage, fire suppression system etc...)

Car runs Sub 2 minute lap times at Sonoma, Thunderhill east, and Buttonwillow

Car is very fast and turns heads everywhere I go. Weighs in at 2750 lbs dry

Mods/features include:
-S52
-Miller WAR chip with tune ~274rwhp 240tq
-OBDI swap with chip and tune
-M50 Manifold
-OBDI PCV system including new valve cover
-Bosch Ford 24# injectors
-Stock reground cams (cheater cams)
-Dinan throttle body
-Full intake
-Ebay headers
-Catless 3" full exhaust with muffler. (passes sound at all local tracks except MRLS)
-Revshift poly engine and transmission mounts (green)
-Head replaced within the last 5 track days. Work done early 2017.
-Ireland Engineering strut bar
-Bimmerworld dual fuel pumps
-Mishimoto aluminum radiator
-Euro E30 coolant expansion tank
-Always used water with water wetter
-Electric fan with toggle switch
-Silicone radiator hoses
-External oil cooler
-Motion Motorsport underpanel and splitter with radiator baffle
-AJ Hartmann headlight intake duct
-Hard Motorsport V2 fender flares
-Apex ARC 8 18x10 wheels with Toyo R888R on all four corners (tires need replacement)
-AST 4100 Coilovers
-Ground Control camber/caster plates
-Wilwood dynapro brakes. 6 piston front, 4 piston rear.. Will include brand new set of H compound brake pads
-Front brakes are E46 M3 OEM rotors
-Carbon fiber hood and trunk
-APR GTC 200 carbon fiber wing with risers
- Mkah motorsport door panels and center console delete panel. Also have radio delete panel with holes for gauges
-AKG Short Shifter
-Sparco EVO fia approved race seat
-Bolt in cage
-OMP 6 point harness with anti submarine provisions
-OMP targa steering wheel (non removable)
-Carbon fiber sunroof delete panel
-Mateo Motorsport diffuser
-ACT lightweight steel flywheel (11lbs)
-Brand new oem clutch
-Trackspec hood vent
-Will include aerolatches
-Will include new stainless brake lines

Transmission fluid, brake fluid, diff fluid, all replaced within the last 6 months.

troyguitar

:disgust:

:poorvette: is definitely the way to go for a street-based track car, but really even those kind of suck compared to a dedicated tube frame thing.

I've thought about getting a base LS3 C6 automatic coupe as a DD and tow vehicle for a kart if I get back to karts. You can swap the rear diff with a :manuel: 3.42 unit and end up with a 61 or so mph top of 2nd gear which would be full :plaid:

With a few minor mods they kick ass and even the wife could drive it. Dunno though, I'd sort of rather have a van for track camping at that point. Too many options...
troyguitar

[user not found] wrote:Troy, you coming to the PDRBQ? I know you had some dents to get pulled out of the Dorito.
Nah, with this garbage weather I decided to go to Memphis instead of Pittsburgh that weekend. Got an appointment at the local dent wizards this Wednesday, hopefully it'll be a good start. Dr Colorchip after that and some warm days and we'll be in good shape.
troyguitar

[user not found] wrote:
troyguitar wrote: Fri Apr 06, 2018 12:36 am Nah, with this garbage weather I decided to go to Memphis instead of Pittsburgh that weekend. Got an appointment at the local dent wizards this Wednesday, hopefully it'll be a good start. Dr Colorchip after that and some warm days and we'll be in good shape.
Not kidding with garbage weather.

Figures. I buy a :truk: and it doesn't snow for 2 years.

I buy a convertible and it threatens to snow until June.
:dat:

We are supposed to get several inches here on Saturday, then have temps in the 20s on Sunday morning for autox... after our first local event was canceled due to snow/ice. Makes me think that iRacing might be a better choice.
troyguitar

Fire 10 tablet is ready to go if we do run. :fullretard:

max225

Jesus that case tho...
troyguitar

I wanted a simple plain hard case but didn't see any for sale, this silicone one was like $8 and will work for now :doe: in case the thing falls off in a hairpin.
MexicanYarisTK
Senior Master Sirloin
Senior Master Sirloin
Drives: An Okinowa Cruiseship
Location: 6 miles north of Sleepy Joes House & 5 miles from Bosphorus Channel

not bad for a tablet case that cost 8 bucks
Nephew of a :plac: a few first gen immigrant on DFD, resident turk, and ex nazi egg lover now driving a middle class mom mobile.
goIftdibrad
Chief Master Soft Brain
Chief Master Soft Brain
Drives: straight past the apex

troyguitar wrote: Fri Apr 06, 2018 7:55 pm Fire 10 tablet is ready to go if we do run. :fullretard:

In4results
brain go brrrrrr
D Griff
Trollistrator
Trollistrator
Drives: Bicycles/Two Feet

troyguitar wrote:
Johnny_P wrote:Hows the dorito been? Still thinking of :plac: eventually to a Porsche?
It's good, still haven't been able to autox it. Our local events were canceled due to snow/ice 2 weekends ago and the forecast for this weekend looks similar. Fucking 20F this Saturday night in KY. I'm still waiting for global warming to kick in... That's why I took the MR2 to Charlotte, didn't want to take an unproven car 7 hours away for its first event.

Future :plac: is hard to predict. If we are stuck in upstate NY I'll probably drive a cheap-ish car (2.5 Golf with an exhaust?) and build a motion simulator to do iRacing because the weather sucks and it is in the middle of nowhere. If we do end up moving to Charlotte then I'll probably want to get a shifter kart or build a 600cc sportbike powered racecar plus small-ish tow vehicle since I'd have somewhere to run it. Either way I think a Porsche as a DD would be cool but a secondary priority. Here's the local autox venue in Charlotte, it's yuuge:

ImageImage
:fuckyeah: Zmax is :notbad:

Hopefully if you come again I'll be in town, I'd come run some slow ass times with @maxxx.
troyguitar

Snow is already melted, so we're on. Looks like 25F and clear at 8AM :doe:

:disgust:
troyguitar

Car is quick, got 4th overall in raw time and 3rd in PAX. According to the data, I did about 1.25g peak lateral on 40 degree sealed asphalt. Real suspension and tarz ftw. The Sparco harness is great, makes the car much easier to drive when you don't have to hold yourself in place.
troyguitar

[user not found] wrote:
troyguitar wrote: Sun Apr 08, 2018 9:06 pm Car is quick, got 4th overall in raw time and 3rd in PAX. According to the data, I did about 1.25g peak lateral on 40 degree sealed asphalt. Real suspension and tarz ftw. The Sparco harness is great, makes the car much easier to drive when you don't have to hold yourself in place.
:impressive:

What's this Sparco harness you speak of?
Inspired in part by the Schroth quick fits, I grabbed a Sparco 4-point with clip-in fittings. It's not quite as slick as the quick fit but works out to be pretty much the same thing.

ImageImageImageImage
troyguitar

That's what happens when you never drive your car.

:truk: :truk: :truk: