Desert Garage

Strut your greasy stuff!
ChrisoftheNorth
Drives: 4R

Desertbreh wrote: Mon Sep 25, 2017 11:46 am
Detroit wrote: Mon Sep 25, 2017 11:33 am Also, what is the significance of C82OKO?

:rolleyes: :facepalm:
That's just what the DMV gave me? :iono:
Woa, really? I didn't think the black plates got a different sequence.
Desertbreh wrote: Tue Oct 10, 2017 6:40 pm My guess would be that Chris took some time off because he has read the dialogue on this page 1,345 times and decided to spend some of his free time doing something besides beating a horse to death.
Desertbreh
Chief Master Sirloin
Chief Master Sirloin

max225 wrote: Mon Sep 25, 2017 2:12 am Um not be that guy ... but is your rear diff leaking ? On the Tahoe ?
Yeah I thought the same thing when I took the pic but there is no moisture anywhere that would correspond to the coloration.....and the spot on the garage is not related.
Detroit wrote:Buy 911s instead of diamonds.
Johnny_P wrote: Thu Feb 09, 2023 3:21 pm Earn it and burn it, Val.
max225 wrote: Mon May 01, 2023 5:35 pm Yes it's a cool car. But prepare the lube/sawdust.
Desertbreh
Chief Master Sirloin
Chief Master Sirloin

Detroit wrote: Mon Sep 25, 2017 11:47 am
Desertbreh wrote: Mon Sep 25, 2017 11:46 am

That's just what the DMV gave me? :iono:
Woa, really? I didn't think the black plates got a different sequence.
Yep.
max225 wrote: Mon May 01, 2023 5:35 pm Yes it's a cool car. But prepare the lube/sawdust.
Desertbreh
Chief Master Sirloin
Chief Master Sirloin

LOL I have always looked somewhat askance at my receiver plug selection but ignored it until now. DFD, leaving no affront to the sensibilities uncritiqued.
Desertbreh
Chief Master Sirloin
Chief Master Sirloin

TBH, I'm a little disappointed...

"Desert, do you use your receiver plug to brush your teeth in the morning?"
"Desert, was that a door prize at the last quinceanera you attended?"
"Desert, where are the matching chrome door handle inserts and 24s?"
"Desert, is that a Chevrolet product? I can't tell."

You guys should really up your game.
wap
Chief Master Sirloin of the Wasteful Steak
Drives: Blue Meanie

Desertbreh wrote: Mon Sep 25, 2017 12:05 pm TBH, I'm a little disappointed...

:amazing: 5/7 self burns
:wap: Where are these mangos?
Detroit wrote: Fri Apr 16, 2021 1:19 pm I don't understand anything anymore.
Desertbreh
Chief Master Sirloin
Chief Master Sirloin

wap wrote: Mon Sep 25, 2017 12:19 pm

:amazing: 5/7 self burns
tx ron
Tar
Chief Master Sirloin
Chief Master Sirloin
Drives: Beige Family Sedan sans Dent

Desertbreh wrote:LOL I have always looked somewhat askance at my receiver plug selection but ignored it until now. DFD, leaving no affront to the sensibilities uncritiqued.
No decal or offset front plate mount is safe from scrutiny!
SAWCE
Command Chief Master Sirloin
Drives: Ebombtra

I've brushed a few teeth with my receiver plug :hubba:
Desertbreh
Chief Master Sirloin
Chief Master Sirloin

Daughter will need a car in maybe a year? Yes, she should go work in the salt mines and buy her own. But I won't make her do that because she is #1 in her class, does all the kinds of extracurricular volunteer stuff you have to do to get into post secondary educational institutions, is a good kid in every phase, and yeah, has me wrapped around her finger. BUT, this really isn't about her. It's about me. WHY? Kid has no interest in cars or driving. :millennial: In Kansas where I grew up you could get a learner's permit at age 14 because of agriculture, and the sense of freedom in a vehicle at that age was intoxicating. My kid? :butwhy:

Anyway, if I'm going to buy a vehicle, it needs to be reliable, gets decent fuel mileage, and INTERESTING....something worth a shit. Why? Because I might be getting it back in a couple of years. And because I'm not going to buy something I hate, and because I plan on driving it. I'm not going to subsidize the local euro mechanic either. I'm looking at 2004-2008 Acura TSX. If I can find one for a decent price with the six speed that would be rad. Make a :millennial: drive :manuel:

https://www.autotrader.com/cars-for-sal ... lCode1=TSX

or

Anybody have experience with these cars? Anybody know if the autotragic is decent from a reliablity standpoint?
VTEC brah. :ohmy: :stig:
max225
Drives: Taco+ Bavarian lemon

I have experience with the gen after that 09-14 great cars ... bulletproof other than rear brake pads dragging
Desertbreh
Chief Master Sirloin
Chief Master Sirloin

max225 wrote: Fri Nov 10, 2017 4:25 pm I have experience with the gen after that 09-14 great cars ... bulletproof other than rear brake pads dragging
That's when they got ugly and $$$$$$
max225

Desertbreh wrote: Fri Nov 10, 2017 4:28 pm
max225 wrote: Fri Nov 10, 2017 4:25 pm I have experience with the gen after that 09-14 great cars ... bulletproof other than rear brake pads dragging
:wat: ? they look pretty much the same?
We're talking TSX not TL.

troyguitar
Drives: Trek Domane

max225 wrote:
Desertbreh wrote: Fri Nov 10, 2017 4:28 pm That's when they got ugly and $$$$$$

:dat:

I vote 2.5 beetle or :jeep:
Desertbreh
Chief Master Sirloin
Chief Master Sirloin

max225 wrote: Fri Nov 10, 2017 4:30 pm
Desertbreh wrote: Fri Nov 10, 2017 4:28 pm

I really, really hate the beak. Who thought it was ok to do that to every single model?
max225

I tooks same to most ppl.

It isn't like

Also going one gen newer provides a big benefit to someone who doesn't want to drive. I am sure you don't want to have a stepson named Pedro after she winds up in the wrong part of town and can't pay for repair bills.
Desertbreh
Chief Master Sirloin
Chief Master Sirloin

max225 wrote: Fri Nov 10, 2017 4:36 pm Image

I tooks same to most ppl.

It isn't like

Also going one gen newer provides a big benefit to someone who doesn't want to drive. I am sure you don't want to have a stepson named Pedro after she winds up in the wrong part of town and can't pay for repair bills.
Food for thought.
MexicanYarisTK
Senior Master Sirloin
Senior Master Sirloin
Drives: An Okinowa Cruiseship
Location: 6 miles north of Sleepy Joes House & 5 miles from Bosphorus Channel

Desertbreh wrote:Daughter will need a car in maybe a year? Yes, she should go work in the salt mines and buy her own. But I won't make her do that because she is #1 in her class, does all the kinds of extracurricular volunteer stuff you have to do to get into post secondary educational institutions, is a good kid in every phase, and yeah, has me wrapped around her finger. BUT, this really isn't about her. It's about me. WHY? Kid has no interest in cars or driving. :millennial: In Kansas where I grew up you could get a learner's permit at age 14 because of agriculture, and the sense of freedom in a vehicle at that age was intoxicating. My kid? :butwhy:

Anyway, if I'm going to buy a vehicle, it needs to be reliable, gets decent fuel mileage, and INTERESTING....something worth a shit. Why? Because I might be getting it back in a couple of years. And because I'm not going to buy something I hate, and because I plan on driving it. I'm not going to subsidize the local euro mechanic either. I'm looking at 2004-2008 Acura TSX. If I can find one for a decent price with the six speed that would be rad. Make a :millennial: drive :manuel:

or

Anybody have experience with these cars? Anybody know if the autotragic is decent from a reliablity standpoint?
I had a 2004 TSX when I was 17-almost 21, drove it until 140k miles with the auto. Had no issues with trans, it holds first gear up to 20 mph changes to 2nd at 4k, even if you drive like a pussy. Being a teenager, i beat the living hell out of the that thing. Never had a check engine light, never been stranded, etc. as far as performance, its a great first car, it is slow, but not floaty, nice cruiser and handles good. Best 0-60 was 8.3 ish i believe, vtec starts at like 5,5xx rpm iirc, and it only gets premium. Make sure when you close the gas cap, drag the tooth a little to close.

Only issues i had was alignment. I managed to broke a LCA once (thanks to shitty dc roads), and had a motor mount changed, which caused the steering to shake when you’re idling in D.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Nephew of a :plac: a few first gen immigrant on DFD, resident turk, and ex nazi egg lover now driving a middle class mom mobile.
Desertbreh
Chief Master Sirloin
Chief Master Sirloin

MexicanYarisTK wrote: Sun Nov 12, 2017 6:38 pm
Desertbreh wrote:Daughter will need a car in maybe a year? Yes, she should go work in the salt mines and buy her own. But I won't make her do that because she is #1 in her class, does all the kinds of extracurricular volunteer stuff you have to do to get into post secondary educational institutions, is a good kid in every phase, and yeah, has me wrapped around her finger. BUT, this really isn't about her. It's about me. WHY? Kid has no interest in cars or driving. :millennial: In Kansas where I grew up you could get a learner's permit at age 14 because of agriculture, and the sense of freedom in a vehicle at that age was intoxicating. My kid? :butwhy:

or

I had a 2004 TSX when I was 17-almost 21, drove it until 140k miles with the auto. Had no issues with trans, it holds first gear up to 20 mph changes to 2nd at 4k, even if you drive like a pussy. Being a teenager, i beat the living hell out of the that thing. Never had a check engine light, never been stranded, etc. as far as performance, its a great first car, it is slow, but not floaty, nice cruiser and handles good. Best 0-60 was 8.3 ish i believe, vtec starts at like 5,5xx rpm iirc, and it only gets premium. Make sure when you close the gas cap, drag the tooth a little to close.

Only issues i had was alignment. I managed to broke a LCA once (thanks to shitty dc roads), and had a motor mount changed, which caused the steering to shake when you’re idling in D.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Good info. Thanks!
Tar
Chief Master Sirloin
Chief Master Sirloin

My parents inherited my 2004 TL and still drive it daily with less issues then any other car in our fleets. The paint is shit but the car is amazing value. A TSX is a brilliant choice for a college student.
Tar
Chief Master Sirloin
Chief Master Sirloin

or

Auto only had issues in some very early 2004 models, and they were counter-measured with a lube kit for 2nd gear to keep them okay. I'd stick to 05 and up to play it safe.
goIftdibrad
Chief Master Soft Brain
Chief Master Soft Brain
Drives: straight past the apex

Desertbreh wrote: Fri Nov 10, 2017 2:44 pm Daughter will need a car in maybe a year? Yes, she should go work in the salt mines and buy her own. But I won't make her do that because she is #1 in her class, does all the kinds of extracurricular volunteer stuff you have to do to get into post secondary educational institutions, is a good kid in every phase, and yeah, has me wrapped around her finger. BUT, this really isn't about her. It's about me. WHY? Kid has no interest in cars or driving. :millennial: In Kansas where I grew up you could get a learner's permit at age 14 because of agriculture, and the sense of freedom in a vehicle at that age was intoxicating. My kid? :butwhy:

or

the k20 is bomb proof stock. Good cars.
brain go brrrrrr
Desertbreh
Chief Master Sirloin
Chief Master Sirloin

Tarspin wrote: Mon Nov 13, 2017 9:44 am

or

Auto only had issues in some very early 2004 models, and they were counter-measured with a lube kit for 2nd gear to keep them okay. I'd stick to 05 and up to play it safe.
Good tip, thanks.
troyguitar
Drives: Trek Domane

Look at the :plac: thread. The answer is 14+ Mazda 3 or 6 for <$10k. They're too cheap not to buy.
Desertbreh
Chief Master Sirloin
Chief Master Sirloin

troyguitar wrote: Wed Nov 15, 2017 11:12 pm Look at the :plac: thread. The answer is 14+ Mazda 3 or 6 for <$10k. They're too cheap not to buy.
Just saw this. Will look.