2000 Derpkota - Wax discovered in Poverty Mountain.

Strut your greasy stuff!
Melon
Trollistrator
Trollistrator
Drives: Blue things, Orange thing

max225 wrote: Thu Apr 13, 2017 11:12 pm
Melon wrote: Thu Apr 13, 2017 5:44 pm Got it up in the air today. The front calipers were near seized. Replaced the calipers, front rotors and pads. She's 5/7 now. Changed the fluid in the diff too, no more rear end noise.

I have a feeling this truck sat up for a while, so I'll be changing out all the fluids, all that's remaining is power steering, cooling and transmission.

Definitely picked up some lost quickness.
Curious how much did the calipers run you and where did you purchase them?

Chrysler uses it's own PS fluid make sure not to use some POS store brand shit.
I got reman units from AutoZone, $50 a pop.

10-4 on P/S fluid, I have redline p/s fluid, not ATF, was going to use that, but I'll research further.
4zilch wrote: Mon Apr 12, 2021 8:46 am I'm a fucking failure.
max225
Chief Master Sirloin of the Wasteful Steak
Drives: Taco+ Bavarian lemon

Melon wrote: Fri Apr 14, 2017 10:05 am
max225 wrote: Thu Apr 13, 2017 11:12 pm

Curious how much did the calipers run you and where did you purchase them?

Chrysler uses it's own PS fluid make sure not to use some POS store brand shit.
I got reman units from AutoZone, $50 a pop.

10-4 on P/S fluid, I have redline p/s fluid, not ATF, was going to use that, but I'll research further.
I hope they are not the Chinese ones. I hate the regular parts store parts. But no matter what likely better than the 20 y/o ceized on kind.

I dunno I'm kind of bummed for you mang, you just got this thing and already have to wrench. I am debating picking up an older car at the moment, and this is making me more and more hesitant :-/
max225

[user not found] wrote: Fri Apr 14, 2017 10:53 am
max225 wrote: Fri Apr 14, 2017 10:48 am

I hope they are not the Chinese ones. I hate the regular parts store parts. But no matter what likely better than the 20 y/o ceized on kind.

I dunno I'm kind of bummed for you mang, you just got this thing and already have to wrench. I am debating picking up an older car at the moment, and this is making me more and more hesitant :-/
Any older car, regardless of miles or care, will need work.

Let me remind you of my $5000 MINI, and $3500 :povertytruck:

I've put a lot more money into the MINI than I did the Danger Ranger.
Well yea... but the mini was by choice and the ranger was just an epic pile.
It seemed like melon was getting a cherry older version, due to low miles and good pics.
Melon
Trollistrator
Trollistrator

My 2003 sat in the garage for 2 months due to needing repairs.

This one has a few small issues, aside from the brakes, all the fixes have been either tightening bolts or making adjustments. I'm about $280 in for items that legitimately needed repair, with $240 in on the brakes.

I knew I was taking a risk, and I still feel like I'm ahead. The truck is damn near mint inside, and everything works. I'm also a big fan of fix it all on the front end, and enjoy reliable transportation for years to come, it's worked well for me in the past.

My other option is to pay a lot more for a Tacoma with higher miles, or pay 3x as much for a used base model full sizer.

With the way the truck market is, I can put 40k miles on this thing and sell it for 7k down the road. If it falls flat on my face, well, then oh well.
max225

Melon wrote: Fri Apr 14, 2017 11:04 am My 2003 sat in the garage for 2 months due to needing repairs.

This one has a few small issues, aside from the brakes, all the fixes have been either tightening bolts or making adjustments. I'm about $280 in for items that legitimately needed repair, with $240 in on the brakes.

I knew I was taking a risk, and I still feel like I'm ahead. The truck is damn near mint inside, and everything works. I'm also a big fan of fix it all on the front end, and enjoy reliable transportation for years to come, it's worked well for me in the past.

My other option is to pay a lot more for a Tacoma with higher miles, or pay 3x as much for a used base model full sizer.

With the way the truck market is, I can put 40k miles on this thing and sell it for 7k down the road. If it falls flat on my face, well, then oh well.
Nah it wasn't a money question I still think you did the right thing. Just sucks you had to work on it right away. I know the issues weren't a big deal or
Overly expensive
Last edited by max225 on Fri Apr 14, 2017 9:29 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Melon
Trollistrator
Trollistrator

:word:
Melon
Trollistrator
Trollistrator

Made a bracket and relocated the shift lever forward a bit, no longer slaps the dash.
max225

Melon wrote: Fri Apr 21, 2017 4:45 pm Made a bracket and relocated the shift lever forward a bit, no longer slaps the dash.
YAAS! Congrats brah!
dubshow
Senior Master Sirloin
Senior Master Sirloin
Drives: All of them

Melon wrote: Fri Apr 21, 2017 4:45 pm Made a bracket and relocated the shift lever forward a bit, no longer slaps the dash.
dat mushroom tip slap

goIftdibrad
Chief Master Soft Brain
Chief Master Soft Brain
Drives: straight past the apex

max225 wrote: Fri Apr 14, 2017 11:09 am
Melon wrote: Fri Apr 14, 2017 11:04 am My 2003 sat in the garage for 2 months due to needing repairs.

Nah it wasn't a money question I still think you did the right thing. Just sucks you had to work on it right away. I know the issues weren't a big deal or
Overly expensive
man thats the 15 year old car game. SOMETHING will go wrong, and it will likely be an easy fix.
brain go brrrrrr
SixSpeeder
Senior Chief Patty Officer
Senior Chief Patty Officer
Drives: Fiat

:fuckyeah: :ohslap:
dyslexic wrote:DO YOU FEEL FEAR
ChrisoftheNorth
Drives: 4R

:notbad:
Desertbreh wrote: Tue Oct 10, 2017 6:40 pm My guess would be that Chris took some time off because he has read the dialogue on this page 1,345 times and decided to spend some of his free time doing something besides beating a horse to death.