Northern MI Cucklyfe: Floating Garage Edition

Strut your greasy stuff!
SAWCE
Command Chief Master Sirloin
Drives: Ebombtra

Desertbreh wrote: Mon May 07, 2018 2:03 pm
Detroit wrote: Sun May 06, 2018 9:03 am Took the :poorvette: on it's first long distance trip since the cam...and there's a horrible booming resonance between 2k and 2.5k rpm. Not a vibration that I can feel, but a terrible resonance. Unfortunately, that's cruising altitude, so yet another issue to track down. 100% dependant on RPM, not vehicle speed does it with clutch in or out, so it's def engine. Accy, clutch, flywheel, etc.

:|
Heavy sigh of relief on this.
You won't have to put a blower on since his car is broken..
Devilchrono
Meat Patty 1st Class
Meat Patty 1st Class
Drives: 22’ Chevy Blazer

That sucks man, sorry to hear that. Hopefully it's an easy fix though. Things like this are one of the reasons I was always hesitant to pull the trigger with major mods on my sports cars; just didn't have the time/know how to troubleshoot issues that could pop up from the changes I made.
Desertbreh
Chief Master Sirloin
Chief Master Sirloin

SAWCE wrote: Mon May 07, 2018 2:33 pm

To get a blower I'd have to get a new clutch....which could leave me with these sorts of issues. Too busy spending money living vicariously through my crotchfruit anyway. Between dog surgery and a summer class for my kid at Georgetown I've laid down .5 blower in the last 3 days.
Detroit wrote:Buy 911s instead of diamonds.
Johnny_P wrote: Thu Feb 09, 2023 3:21 pm Earn it and burn it, Val.
max225 wrote: Mon May 01, 2023 5:35 pm Yes it's a cool car. But prepare the lube/sawdust.
ChrisoftheNorth
Drives: 4R

Nah, it'll still gap most on the street. It's just not pleasurable to cruise in.
Desertbreh wrote: Tue Oct 10, 2017 6:40 pm My guess would be that Chris took some time off because he has read the dialogue on this page 1,345 times and decided to spend some of his free time doing something besides beating a horse to death.
ChrisoftheNorth

Devilchrono wrote: Mon May 07, 2018 2:33 pm That sucks man, sorry to hear that. Hopefully it's an easy fix though. Things like this are one of the reasons I was always hesitant to pull the trigger with major mods on my sports cars; just didn't have the time/know how to troubleshoot issues that could pop up from the changes I made.
I knew it was going to be a process, and honestly I'm lucky that the issues so far have been easy to solve. This rumbling thing, though is unlike anything I've ever experienced before and could end up driving me mad.
Desertbreh wrote: Tue Oct 10, 2017 6:40 pm My guess would be that Chris took some time off because he has read the dialogue on this page 1,345 times and decided to spend some of his free time doing something besides beating a horse to death.
ChrisoftheNorth

Desertbreh wrote: Mon May 07, 2018 2:39 pm

To get a blower I'd have to get a new clutch....which could leave me with these sorts of issues. Too busy spending money living vicariously through my crotchfruit anyway. Between dog surgery and a summer class for my kid at Georgetown I've laid down .5 blower in the last 3 days.
These cars are WAY too sensitive to clutch changes. It makes me think twice about modding another Corvette.
SAWCE

Hope dog is okay.
ChrisoftheNorth

SAWCE wrote: Mon May 07, 2018 3:04 pm

Hope dog is okay.
:dat:
Devilchrono
Meat Patty 1st Class
Meat Patty 1st Class
Drives: 22’ Chevy Blazer

Detroit wrote: Mon May 07, 2018 2:53 pm
Devilchrono wrote: Mon May 07, 2018 2:33 pm That sucks man, sorry to hear that. Hopefully it's an easy fix though. Things like this are one of the reasons I was always hesitant to pull the trigger with major mods on my sports cars; just didn't have the time/know how to troubleshoot issues that could pop up from the changes I made.
I knew it was going to be a process, and honestly I'm lucky that the issues so far have been easy to solve. This rumbling thing, though is unlike anything I've ever experienced before and could end up driving me mad.
Yeah, I know that there's gonna always be a little more than the "standard maintenance" with a modded car to keep it running right, and it's what's kept me from doing too much to anything. And with as little patience as I have, it's just not worth the headache for me, at least at this point in time.
Desertbreh
Chief Master Sirloin
Chief Master Sirloin

Hope dog is okay.
Dog had some cancer cut out of her left back leg. Right around everyone's $1500 threshold. :triggered: Didn't get to the lymph nodes so we might have bought a couple more years. Dog is 13, wasn't going to put her down.
max225 wrote: Mon May 01, 2023 5:35 pm Yes it's a cool car. But prepare the lube/sawdust.
Desertbreh
Chief Master Sirloin
Chief Master Sirloin

Detroit wrote: Mon May 07, 2018 2:54 pm

These cars are WAY too sensitive to clutch changes. It makes me think twice about modding another Corvette.
Your story does give one pause...
ChrisoftheNorth

Desertbreh wrote: Mon May 07, 2018 5:22 pm
Detroit wrote: Mon May 07, 2018 2:54 pm
Plenty of people on the interwebz have done it successfully, so it's probably just me being a :derp: Hopefully my issue isn't the clutch and it something simple, but I always go to worst case scenario first.
SAWCE

Desertbreh wrote: Mon May 07, 2018 5:21 pm

Hope dog is okay.
Dog had some cancer cut out of her left back leg. Right around everyone's $1500 threshold. :triggered: Didn't get to the lymph nodes so we might have bought a couple more years. Dog is 13, wasn't going to put her down.
Poor thing. Glad you guys were able to get to it before it got to the lymph nodes.
Desertbreh
Chief Master Sirloin
Chief Master Sirloin

SAWCE wrote: Mon May 07, 2018 5:44 pm

Poor thing. Glad you guys were able to get to it before it got to the lymph nodes.
Black Lab. Dog's a trooper.
SAWCE

Desertbreh wrote: Mon May 07, 2018 5:46 pm
SAWCE wrote: Mon May 07, 2018 5:44 pm

Black Lab. Dog's a trooper.
I love labs. Had a few in high school. Parent's fostered them out after they moved out of that house. One of them passed away a year or two ago.

I'd really like to get a pit for my next dog, but could easily see myself getting another lab.
Johnny_P
Chief Master Sirloin of the Wasteful Steak
Drives: Blue short bus

Hope dog is okay.
I’m right around $1500 on my pup for this infection she got. One more round of meds and it’s time to Ol Yeller her.

Yeah.... lots of :wtf: in this forum
Johnny_P

Detroit wrote: Mon May 07, 2018 5:28 pm

Plenty of people on the interwebz have done it successfully, so it's probably just me being a :derp: Hopefully my issue isn't the clutch and it something simple, but I always go to worst case scenario first.
Would an Internet bro even notice if all he’s doing is driving it 10 miles to Hooters and back?
Desertbreh
Chief Master Sirloin
Chief Master Sirloin

Johnny_P wrote: Mon May 07, 2018 8:35 pm
Would an Internet bro even notice if all he’s doing is driving it 10 miles to Hooters and back?
Hooters meat ups are the Pebble Beach Concours of Corvette Life. It would be noticed.
Johnny_P

Desertbreh wrote: Mon May 07, 2018 8:38 pm
Johnny_P wrote: Mon May 07, 2018 8:35 pm

Hooters meat ups are the Pebble Beach Concours of Corvette Life. It would be noticed.
I haven’t been to hooters in forever. The food is crap there.
Desertbreh
Chief Master Sirloin
Chief Master Sirloin

Johnny_P wrote: Mon May 07, 2018 8:39 pm
Desertbreh wrote: Mon May 07, 2018 8:38 pm

I haven’t been to hooters in forever. The food is crap there.
I've been to Hooters once. The food made me want to kill myself. Will never go again. If I need to see big boobs there is datgrundle.
ChrisoftheNorth

I haven't been to Hooters since college. And I was :drunk: at the time and don't remember much.

Needless to say what's wrong with my car doesn't really become obvious until a long trip. I've been driving it this long :aintcare: It's when the car's between 2k and 2.5k for long periods where it gets :triggered:

I did take the belts off last night and confirm it's not anything on the front of the engine causing it. I'm really hoping the exhaust it hitting somewhere, so I'm going to check that when I have the car in the air for the next oil change. If that checks out (as it did last year), I'll be getting into the clutch. :|
Tar
Chief Master Sirloin
Chief Master Sirloin
Drives: Beige Family Sedan sans Dent

Last night after a long winter storage I drove my C6 home and had the shifter rattle. This time I noticed that I can get it to do the same thing but less prominently with the car in neutral while revving. I wonder if they both have the same issue? A resonance coming from the engine bay and RPM dependant. As much as I like sharing, this problem isn't one I wish on either of us.
Tar
Chief Master Sirloin
Chief Master Sirloin
Drives: Beige Family Sedan sans Dent

Did u ever change engine mounts? Could it be an out of place or broken shifter assembly/bushing?

:popcorn:
Melon
Trollistrator
Trollistrator
Drives: Blue things, Orange thing

It's luck of the draw. I had one tiny weight on my flywheel, and have had zero issues with the clutch.
Other than the whine returning, I haven't had any issues with the drivetrain mods. Everything went in and out as expected.

I just have a really nasty oil leak.
4zilch wrote: Mon Apr 12, 2021 8:46 am I'm a fucking failure.
Melon
Trollistrator
Trollistrator
Drives: Blue things, Orange thing

[user not found] wrote: Tue May 08, 2018 10:00 am
Melon wrote: Tue May 08, 2018 7:44 am

It's luck of the draw. I had one tiny weight on my flywheel, and have had zero issues with the clutch.
Other than the whine returning, I haven't had any issues with the drivetrain mods. Everything went in and out as expected.

I just have a really nasty oil leak.
Front main again?
I cleaned it all up a few weeks back, looking at it some more, I think it might be the oil pan near the front of the engine. :iono:
4zilch wrote: Mon Apr 12, 2021 8:46 am I'm a fucking failure.