Senior Master Sirloin
Senior Master Sirloin
Drives: C5

Ram status update?
razr390
Command Chief Master Sirloin
Drives: MK7.5 on 87

CaleDeRoo wrote: Fri Oct 30, 2020 5:07 pm Ram status update?
Guts: complete
Glory: in progress
RAM: in progress.
:doughnut: :narc: :doughnut:
Desertbreh wrote: Thu Oct 17, 2019 3:05 pm DFD. The forum where everybody makes the same choices and then tells anybody trying to join the club that they are the stupidest motherfucker to ever walk the earth.
D Griff
Trollistrator
Trollistrator
Drives: Bicycles/Two Feet

Soft top or :gtfo:

We get a lot of use out of the convertible aspect. I really don’t ever notice wind noise.

:wrong:
max225
Chief Master Sirloin of the Wasteful Steak
Drives: Taco+ Bavarian lemon

D Griff wrote: Sat Oct 31, 2020 10:00 am Soft top or :gtfo:

We get a lot of use out of the convertible aspect. I really don’t ever notice wind noise.

How many miles on your rig ?
SAWCE
Drives: Ebombtra

Soft top would be nice for easier converting... thinking about taking my hardtop off for a while. Don’t think we’ll be getting rain in the near future.
max225

SAWCE wrote: Sat Oct 31, 2020 11:42 am Soft top would be nice for easier converting... thinking about taking my hardtop off for a while. Don’t think we’ll be getting rain in the near future.
:dat: we’re hitting 90s again
D Griff
Trollistrator
Trollistrator

max225 wrote: Sat Oct 31, 2020 11:04 am
D Griff wrote: Sat Oct 31, 2020 10:00 am Soft top or :gtfo:

7700 or so, we’ve used it quite a bit! It was acquired Memorial Day.
max225

D Griff wrote: Sat Oct 31, 2020 5:05 pm
max225 wrote: Sat Oct 31, 2020 11:04 am

Good amount ! Any issues to speak of ?
D Griff
Trollistrator
Trollistrator

max225 wrote: Sat Oct 31, 2020 5:14 pm
D Griff wrote: Sat Oct 31, 2020 5:05 pm

Nope, everything works perfectly.

My only real complaints are the steering on the highway and the sound/engine note. It is the worst sounding car I think I’ve ever heard.

Otherwise we love top down cruising, it’s comfy on road trips, all the tech is easy and seamless, interior is great, what little bit of off road we’ve done was easy. I think my favorite thing is the color and how people constantly comment on it.
max225

D Griff wrote: Sat Oct 31, 2020 5:58 pm

My only real complaints are the steering on the highway and the sound/engine note. It is the worst sounding car I think I’ve ever heard.

Otherwise we love top down cruising, it’s comfy on road trips, all the tech is easy and seamless, interior is great, what little bit of off road we’ve done was easy. I think my favorite thing is the color and how people constantly comment on it.
Awesome ! That’s really good to hear. My dads 300s has been 100% flawless since new.
ChrisoftheNorth
Drives: 4R

CaleDeRoo wrote: Fri Oct 30, 2020 5:07 pm Ram status update?
It'll probaby be months. They're not building employee lease vehicles right now as dealer demand is so high.
Desertbreh wrote: Tue Oct 10, 2017 6:40 pm My guess would be that Chris took some time off because he has read the dialogue on this page 1,345 times and decided to spend some of his free time doing something besides beating a horse to death.
ChrisoftheNorth

It really does sound bad. The 2.0 is fantastic except for that engine note...
Desertbreh wrote: Tue Oct 10, 2017 6:40 pm My guess would be that Chris took some time off because he has read the dialogue on this page 1,345 times and decided to spend some of his free time doing something besides beating a horse to death.
D Griff
Trollistrator
Trollistrator

Detroit wrote: Mon Nov 02, 2020 9:52 am

Agreed. It is a torquey little thing and I have been really impressed with the fuel economy for what it is, I think our lifetime average is like 23 MPGeez.

When do you have to return the :jeep: :truk: ? Y'all will just share the Beep Beep for the next few months?
ChrisoftheNorth

D Griff wrote: Mon Nov 02, 2020 10:44 am
Detroit wrote: Mon Nov 02, 2020 9:52 am
Agreed. It is a torquey little thing and I have been really impressed with the fuel economy for what it is, I think our lifetime average is like 23 MPGeez.

When do you have to return the :jeep: :truk: ? Y'all will just share the Beep Beep for the next few months?
I keep the :jeep: :truk: until the Ram comes in, so I'll have it for a while. Not at all complaining since I love the thing.

What sucks is it'll probably take so long to where I could buy the JT after the house stuff...but I think having a ZFG unlimited miles lease is still a good idea for at least another year. PLUS, the :jeep: :truk: has 18k miles on it now, and they still want $45k for it. I could buy a brand new one from :dillerman: for a few $k more.
D Griff
Trollistrator
Trollistrator

Detroit wrote: Mon Nov 02, 2020 11:27 am
D Griff wrote: Mon Nov 02, 2020 10:44 am

I keep the :jeep: :truk: until the Ram comes in, so I'll have it for a while. Not at all complaining since I love the thing.

What sucks is it'll probably take so long to where I could buy the JT after the house stuff...but I think having a ZFG unlimited miles lease is still a good idea for at least another year. PLUS, the :jeep: :truk: has 18k miles on it now, and they still want $45k for it. I could buy a brand new one from :dillerman: for a few $k more.
Oh, that is sweet that you get to keep it. Maybe things will keep dragging along and something else will happen eventually, like the buyout price lowering.

:notbad: overall, can't really go :wrong: , you get to enjoy it a while longer and then the Ass Rammer will be :nice: as well and a solid :aintcare: change.
ChrisoftheNorth

D Griff wrote: Mon Nov 02, 2020 12:09 pm
Detroit wrote: Mon Nov 02, 2020 11:27 am

Oh, that is sweet that you get to keep it. Maybe things will keep dragging along and something else will happen eventually, like the buyout price lowering.

:notbad: overall, can't really go :wrong: , you get to enjoy it a while longer and then the Ass Rammer will be :nice: as well and a solid :aintcare: change.
If used values drop and miles get too high, I could see them maybe selling vehicles at a discount. Would be an interesting development. Would need to be quite a discount to make me interested :doe: the thing will be just over 1 year old with 20k miles on it soon...as a no option Rubicon I don't think it'll be THAT desirable on the open market.
max225

Posted in the wrong thread... :(
Last edited by max225 on Mon Nov 02, 2020 12:48 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Tar
Chief Master Sirloin
Chief Master Sirloin
Drives: Beige Family Sedan sans Dent

^moving outta here too
CaleDeRoo
Senior Master Sirloin
Senior Master Sirloin

I'm excited to see the RAM but glad you get to keep Buck Buck a bit longer
ChrisoftheNorth

Well, update time. I reached out to see if I could cancel the Ram and keep the JT, but was informed that the Ram has been built and should be ready for pick up soon. Pretty surprising since most people I've talked to indicated that they wouldn't be building lease vehicles this year, but that's that.

In a way, I'm a bit relieved and somewhat :excited: Rams have been getting glowing reviews from everywhere, so I'm really curious to see what it's like for :science: . It'll be a rather unique :unicorn: spec truck which is kind of :neat: and the larger bed will certainly be nice for our planned house projects. Should also be much quieter and easier to eat highway miles in, which would be a big plus. I'll also know for sure at the end what vehicle I want to commit to...if it's a JT, a JL, or maybe I'll get back into cars and keep a truck solely as a utility vehicle, or get more into toys like side by sides. This really blows my options wide open, and makes it a bit exciting to be open to anything.
D Griff
Trollistrator
Trollistrator

Detroit wrote: Thu Dec 03, 2020 11:39 am Well, update time. I reached out to see if I could cancel the Ram and keep the JT, but was informed that the Ram has been built and should be ready for pick up soon. Pretty surprising since most people I've talked to indicated that they wouldn't be building lease vehicles this year, but that's that.

In a way, I'm a bit relieved and somewhat :excited: Rams have been getting glowing reviews from everywhere, so I'm really curious to see what it's like for :science: . It'll be a rather unique :unicorn: spec truck which is kind of :neat: and the larger bed will certainly be nice for our planned house projects. Should also be much quieter and easier to eat highway miles in, which would be a big plus. I'll also know for sure at the end what vehicle I want to commit to...if it's a JT, a JL, or maybe I'll get back into cars and keep a truck solely as a utility vehicle, or get more into toys like side by sides. This really blows my options wide open, and makes it a bit exciting to be open to anything.
:notbad:

It is kind of :neat: to have a short term vehicle and keep future options open. The Rams certainly seem to be the best full sizers at the moment and at least it should be easy to live with a huge vehicle where you live.

:popcorn: for the next 1.5 years.
ChrisoftheNorth

D Griff wrote: Thu Dec 03, 2020 2:02 pm
Detroit wrote: Thu Dec 03, 2020 11:39 am Well, update time. I reached out to see if I could cancel the Ram and keep the JT, but was informed that the Ram has been built and should be ready for pick up soon. Pretty surprising since most people I've talked to indicated that they wouldn't be building lease vehicles this year, but that's that.

:notbad:

It is kind of :neat: to have a short term vehicle and keep future options open. The Rams certainly seem to be the best full sizers at the moment and at least it should be easy to live with a huge vehicle where you live.

:popcorn: for the next 1.5 years.
Yep, having something cheap that is 100% ZFG in every way combined with a 12 mo lease means I can take my time to figure out the next thing. Hopefully used values will get a bit more normal within the next year, and maybe I'll pull the trigger on something older/fun again? No idea what that is, but it'll be fun to think about. I'd love to finally pull the trigger on a 911 of some sort, but those values seem to be be :fullretard: and not going anywhere. I'm not spending $50k cash on a truck yet, so options are wide.
CaleDeRoo
Senior Master Sirloin
Senior Master Sirloin

Oh RAM time soon. I still love every new gen RAM I drive, but they've all had the Hemi.
ChrisoftheNorth

CaleDeRoo wrote: Fri Dec 04, 2020 6:23 pm Oh RAM time soon. I still love every new gen RAM I drive, but they've all had the Hemi.
Yea, IDGAF about speed/power in this thing. Efficiency for RANGE is my priority.

Spent last weekend wheeling the JT one last time. Was fantastic, and it did way better than I anticipated. I'm really going to miss this truck...but after spending 3 hours on the highway in heavy headwinds on the way back yesterday, I'm NOT going to miss the wind noise. I'm "used to it", but the Ram should feel like a tomb by comparison. Also should be decently capable off-road with the off-road pack, will probably try it out on bigger trails when I have the opportunity.

Still no ETA on the Ram, but I should have it by year's end.
CaleDeRoo
Senior Master Sirloin
Senior Master Sirloin

I can't wait to see those tires and :ramz: together