Brad's Garage, It's not easy being Green

Strut your greasy stuff!
stripethree
Chief Patty Officer
Chief Patty Officer
Drives: '04 R32, '90 Miata, '17 CB300F

Big Brain Bradley wrote: Thu Nov 02, 2017 9:10 am http://www.sccaforums.com/forums/aft/447261

why not
:trollface:
Acid666
Senior Chief Patty Officer
Senior Chief Patty Officer
Drives: 02 Z06/95 Meowta/05 SilveraDOE

I support these things. Next year I'll be in the same boat as you Brad, and will likely take the same course of action in buying/building the "MEEOWDA"
goIftdibrad
Chief Master Soft Brain
Chief Master Soft Brain
Drives: straight past the apex

GTI maintenance underway. Oil change done. DSG fluid physically changed, just need to do the start up, shift, heat, drain procedure. Air filter clean and drying with fresh oil. Tomorrow.......finish dsg and .....
headlinder.
brain go brrrrrr
goIftdibrad
Chief Master Soft Brain
Chief Master Soft Brain

That headliner was a bitch, never again (on this car).

Also, the paint is actually :notbad:
brain go brrrrrr
goIftdibrad
Chief Master Soft Brain
Chief Master Soft Brain

Magic oil filter tool that is 5 doll hairs at wallmart. Do yourself a favor and buy one. Its great for those of us that still have a :mk6:

Snapped a couple pics of the installed headliner.
Car still smells of paint, but its getting better. Amazingly it would appear I fixed the rattles (a goal of this project) and did not create any new ones :mindblown: :fuckyeah:

I only broke one plastic piece that i was able to superglue back together, the broken part is hidden.
Oh, except for every singe 'airbag' thingy. They are fragile af. replacements on the slow boat from china for 6 bucks.

brain go brrrrrr
4zilch
First Sirloin
First Sirloin
Drives: Ford Party ST

Big Brain Bradley wrote: Mon Nov 20, 2017 8:21 am Magic oil filter tool that is 5 doll hairs at wallmart. Do yourself a favor and buy one. Its great for those of us that still have a :mk6:

Snapped a couple pics of the installed headliner.
Car still smells of paint, but its getting better. Amazingly it would appear I fixed the rattles (a goal of this project) and did not create any new ones :mindblown: :fuckyeah:

I only broke one plastic piece that i was able to superglue back together, the broken part is hidden.
Oh, except for every singe 'airbag' thingy. They are fragile af. replacements on the slow boat from china for 6 bucks.

:notbad: :scrooge: fix
As the only published author in a well-known motorcycle publication in the room...
goIftdibrad
Chief Master Soft Brain
Chief Master Soft Brain

4zilch wrote: Mon Nov 20, 2017 8:54 am

:notbad: :scrooge: fix
for the record: its less about the :scrooge: and more about the fact that it simply cannot fall down again if its painted. This took pretty much all day and is a hateful job......its a job you do ONCE. As often as headliners fail in the south....not worth the risk to install a standard liner back in.
brain go brrrrrr
Melon
Trollistrator
Trollistrator
Drives: Blue things, Orange thing

I've had an oil filter tool like that, it just spun on the filter :rage: After that, I got a set of filter sockets, and use the pliers when I can. IIRC, there's no room for filter pliers on the TSI.
4zilch wrote: Mon Apr 12, 2021 8:46 am I'm a fucking failure.
troyguitar
Command Chief Master Sirloin
Drives: Trek Domane

I buy the filters with the gritty sandpaper texture on them so that they can be removed easily even if they are over-tightened.
Melon
Trollistrator
Trollistrator
Drives: Blue things, Orange thing

troyguitar wrote: Mon Nov 20, 2017 10:51 am I buy the filters with the gritty sandpaper texture on them so that they can be removed easily even if they are over-tightened.
The only one that seems to have an issues with this is the Corolla.
I put it on hand light, with a little snugness from the pliers, like any other vehicle, but it's always a PITA to get off.
4zilch wrote: Mon Apr 12, 2021 8:46 am I'm a fucking failure.
goIftdibrad
Chief Master Soft Brain
Chief Master Soft Brain

troyguitar wrote: Mon Nov 20, 2017 10:51 am I buy the filters with the gritty sandpaper texture on them so that they can be removed easily even if they are over-tightened.
I cant get my paws on the stupid thing to begin with doe.

:melon: is correct, the TSI filter is a bit of a pain if you don't have the right tool. This is the right tool.
brain go brrrrrr
goIftdibrad
Chief Master Soft Brain
Chief Master Soft Brain

hung the bikes today, such increase of available room

brain go brrrrrr
SAWCE
Drives: Ebombtra

Big Brain Bradley wrote: Fri Dec 01, 2017 6:17 pm hung the bikes today, such increase of available room

Over-engineered. When we were kids my dad just screwed some of those rubber coated cup hooks into the ceiling studs of our garage and hung the bikes upside-down from them.
goIftdibrad
Chief Master Soft Brain
Chief Master Soft Brain

SAWCE wrote: Fri Dec 01, 2017 6:21 pm
Big Brain Bradley wrote: Fri Dec 01, 2017 6:17 pm hung the bikes today, such increase of available room

Over-engineered. When we were kids my dad just screwed some of those rubber coated cup hooks into the ceiling studs of our garage and hung the bikes upside-down from them.
:sass:

neat 10 doll hair habor freight widget is neat. Also, 10ft ceilings.
brain go brrrrrr
SAWCE

Big Brain Bradley wrote: Fri Dec 01, 2017 6:23 pm

:sass:

neat 10 doll hair habor freight widget is neat. Also, 10ft ceilings.
Shorty :sass:
troyguitar
Drives: Trek Domane

SAWCE wrote:
That's what I do, though I haven't used my bike in 6 or 7 years and should just get rid of it.
SAWCE

troyguitar wrote: Fri Dec 01, 2017 6:27 pm
SAWCE wrote:
That's what I do, though I haven't used my bike in 6 or 7 years and should just get rid of it.
I do it on the walls for my snowboards. Or did, when I had a garage...
wap
Chief Master Sirloin of the Wasteful Steak
Drives: Blue Meanie

That's how ours are hung. :iono:
:wap: Where are these mangos?
Detroit wrote: Fri Apr 16, 2021 1:19 pm I don't understand anything anymore.
stripethree
Chief Patty Officer
Chief Patty Officer
Drives: '04 R32, '90 Miata, '17 CB300F

How often are the bicycles used and what kind of hassle is it to get them up and down? I've thought about this for the extra space and because my bicycle lacks a kickstand. I feel like that might be extra minutes lost daily though since it's my commuter.
goIftdibrad
Chief Master Soft Brain
Chief Master Soft Brain

stripethree wrote: Sat Dec 02, 2017 11:29 am How often are the bicycles used and what kind of hassle is it to get them up and down? I've thought about this for the extra space and because my bicycle lacks a kickstand. I feel like that might be extra minutes lost daily though since it's my commuter.
I Don't ride much admittedly. But its minimal effort once installed to put the bike up and down. Install is about an hour if you have a stud finder. Ditch the provided hardware and use real shit.
brain go brrrrrr
D Griff
Trollistrator
Trollistrator
Drives: Bicycles/Two Feet

stripethree wrote: Sat Dec 02, 2017 11:29 am How often are the bicycles used and what kind of hassle is it to get them up and down? I've thought about this for the extra space and because my bicycle lacks a kickstand. I feel like that might be extra minutes lost daily though since it's my commuter.
The method :sawce: mentioned takes less than a minute to hang or remove the bike.
Johnny_P
Drives: Blue short bus

You should see if [user not found] can send pics of his setup. He has hooks on the wall and they sit vertically. Easy to get to them and they take up less space that way.
goIftdibrad
Chief Master Soft Brain
Chief Master Soft Brain

Big Brain Bradley wrote: Mon Sep 18, 2017 10:29 am
4zilch wrote: Mon Sep 18, 2017 10:21 am Cereal - sprockets -14t/36t :doit:

http://sprocketcenter.com/street-sprock ... -grom.html
Yea..but id need a speedo healer. plus the gearing now is pretty perfect for the kart track at my skill level and I'd like to not mess with that just yet.
update: My increased skill levels have made the stock gearing less than ideal all the sudden. I either need to do lots of shifting or live with banging the limiter in a few places, and one of those places if precariously close to the track out of a turn.
So I think a speedo healer and 14t front sprocket are in order, and i might as well get the lighter rear sprocket.
brain go brrrrrr
Johnny_P

[user not found] wrote: Fri Dec 22, 2017 8:17 am
Johnny_P wrote: Wed Dec 06, 2017 8:57 am

You should see if [user not found] can send pics of his setup. He has hooks on the wall and they sit vertically. Easy to get to them and they take up less space that way.
Rubbermaid Fasttrack.

I’ve used it at three places I’ve lived at now. I don’t like hanging bikes upside down and risking oil migration in the suspension.

Current.

Previous place.
How heavy are your detailing cabinets? Something that could be wedged down a flight of stairs or nah?
Johnny_P

[user not found] wrote: Fri Dec 22, 2017 8:27 am
Johnny_P wrote: Fri Dec 22, 2017 8:25 am
How heavy are your detailing cabinets? Something that could be wedged down a flight of stairs or nah?
Probably - you’re gonna need another dude or a beefy chick for assistance doe. They’re not light.
I'll find something smaller/lighter then.