Tar's Adventures with a GoRf Failomatic

Strut your greasy stuff!
Tar
Chief Master Sirloin
Chief Master Sirloin
Drives: Beige Family Sedan sans Dent

max225 wrote:Which golf you got? I got about 18.5 for mine. I doubt canuck land will land in at retail or whatnot... ?
Also how many miles on yours?
Here they have three models, based on the
https://www.vwcanadasettlement.ca/en/ calculator mine is worth $14.8k which is low compared to the US amount.

Model spec:
4 door
DSG
Leather
Some shitty touch screen upgrade
90k miles
max225
Chief Master Sirloin of the Wasteful Steak
Drives: Taco+ Bavarian lemon

Tarspin wrote: Tue Apr 11, 2017 7:20 pm
max225 wrote:Which golf you got? I got about 18.5 for mine. I doubt canuck land will land in at retail or whatnot... ?
Also how many miles on yours?
Here they have three models, based on the
https://www.vwcanadasettlement.ca/en/ calculator mine is worth $14.8k which is low compared to the US amount.

Model spec:
4 door
DSG
Leather
Some shitty touch screen upgrade
90k miles
I mean 90k miles :doe: it looks just in line... We didn't get leather out here. Congrats on blasting through 90k! I managed 72k on mine. I think it will go to the crusher :(
Tar
Chief Master Sirloin
Chief Master Sirloin

18.5k USD is close to 25 CAD, that would leave 28k loan, which is still aggressive on the monthly going it three years. I probably should have gone with a 5 yr term but my :crang: saw the bottom line so I'll probably tack on another few k to bring it down some more. A 28k loan is about 780/mth which is $585/mthUS for three years. $500 sounds better so I'll need to add on another $3k up front plus whatever the difference is between estimated $25k payout and whatever I actually get.

Like you said, 90k miles is a good chunk of car life. We got lucky that this whole thing came to be, anything even close to the realm of this payout is :alpo: at this point.
Tar
Chief Master Sirloin
Chief Master Sirloin

:fuckyeah: got a pickup date scheduled: May 5th, Friday at 1:30pm.

Ain't nobody got time for dat :alpo: news but the turd is being treated as a trade in so I save tax on the trade value. Valuation announcement next week.
ChrisoftheNorth
Drives: 4R

Tarspin wrote: Fri Apr 21, 2017 12:53 am :fuckyeah: got a pickup date scheduled: May 5th, Friday at 1:30pm.

Ain't nobody got time for dat :alpo: news but the turd is being treated as a trade in so I save tax on the trade value. Valuation announcement next week.
:fuckyeah:

In4pics
Desertbreh wrote: Tue Oct 10, 2017 6:40 pm My guess would be that Chris took some time off because he has read the dialogue on this page 1,345 times and decided to spend some of his free time doing something besides beating a horse to death.
wap
Drives: Blue Meanie

Tarspin wrote: Fri Apr 21, 2017 12:53 am :fuckyeah: got a pickup date scheduled: May 5th, Friday at 1:30pm.

:fuckyeah: Finally!!
:wap: Where are these mangos?
Detroit wrote: Fri Apr 16, 2021 1:19 pm I don't understand anything anymore.
max225

The :alpo: :dill: keeps getting better
Tar
Chief Master Sirloin
Chief Master Sirloin

max225 wrote:

Fo shiz. Last piece of the puzzle is the buy back valuation and then good to go. Taking forever!
max225

Tarspin wrote: Fri Apr 21, 2017 12:07 pm
max225 wrote:
Fo shiz. Last piece of the puzzle is the buy back valuation and then good to go. Taking forever!
If it keeps going at this pace they are going to pay you more than the R costs. :lol:
Tar
Chief Master Sirloin
Chief Master Sirloin

max225 wrote:
Tarspin wrote: Fri Apr 21, 2017 12:07 pm Fo shiz. Last piece of the puzzle is the buy back valuation and then good to go. Taking forever!
If it keeps going at this pace they are going to pay you more than the R costs. Image
Lol I wish
Tar
Chief Master Sirloin
Chief Master Sirloin

The verdict is in, and it doesn't look like much changes for people who take the buy back check, my car is worth 21k including the settlement portion which is slightly over 5k.

What has changed is an option for trade in, which directly impacts my sitch, I'll get 'current fair market value' to be applied to the trade (approx 8-10k) which saves me the tax, approx another 1k. The difference between settlement + buyback price and trade in portion is issued as a check and can be applied to the trade but doesn't reduce the tax owing.

All in, 53k-22k leaves me with a loan of 31k canacukian ruples which is 23k in real dollars and nothing out of pocket. That's still a steep three year pay off monthly but interest is really low. I may consider stretching it to 4 yrs and take a 0.5% penalty.

:notbad:
Tar
Chief Master Sirloin
Chief Master Sirloin

First come, first serve for the online claims link. It goes live at noon today. I'm ready, laptop and phone in hand in case one shits the bed. I want to make sure the May 5th car swap goes smoothly.
ChrisoftheNorth

Tarspin wrote: Fri Apr 28, 2017 11:32 am First come, first serve for the online claims link. It goes live at noon today. I'm ready, laptop and phone in hand in case one shits the bed. I want to make sure the May 5th car swap goes smoothly.
Desertbreh wrote: Tue Oct 10, 2017 6:40 pm My guess would be that Chris took some time off because he has read the dialogue on this page 1,345 times and decided to spend some of his free time doing something besides beating a horse to death.
Tar
Chief Master Sirloin
Chief Master Sirloin

Detroit wrote:
Tarspin wrote: Fri Apr 28, 2017 11:32 am First come, first serve for the online claims link. It goes live at noon today. I'm ready, laptop and phone in hand in case one shits the bed. I want to make sure the May 5th car swap goes smoothly.
Getting this polluting betch outta here :fuckyeah:
Tar
Chief Master Sirloin
Chief Master Sirloin

Also kid brother getting rid of his 99 civic dx and into a VAG product soon. 18 years later the attachment is real. I wanted to find him a silver model toy as a keepsake/paperweight but could only find a 2000 Si in blue on flea-bay. $25 plus shipping and paint will turn this into his DX.

Not sure if I should :trollface: him and paint on a black bumper and rust lolImageImageImageImageImage
Tar
Chief Master Sirloin
Chief Master Sirloin

Completely non-productive. Napped on couch one day this week. :impressive: :millennial: lifestyle
ChrisoftheNorth

You absolutely should paint the front bumper flat black and add some rust.
Tar
Chief Master Sirloin
Chief Master Sirloin

Yep black bumper + rust. Pretty sure I nailed the honderp silver

ChrisoftheNorth

:notbad:
Tar
Chief Master Sirloin
Chief Master Sirloin

Website portal locks up when it asks me to enter in a postal code (Zip) to find a suitable dealer. First tried using my home postal code then the fken dealer address postal code and still no beans. :disgust: :rage:
Tar
Chief Master Sirloin
Chief Master Sirloin

Morans!
max225

We had a lot of scheduling issues in the US. One dealer had appointments 2 months out and another 2 weeks.
Tar
Chief Master Sirloin
Chief Master Sirloin

max225 wrote:We had a lot of scheduling issues in the US. One dealer had appointments 2 months out and another 2 weeks.
It's likely going to be a cluster-fuck. My dealer sent me a notice yesterday reminding me of the registration, they wanted their clients at the front of the line. Website is brutal because it fails it's own network search. You'd think they tested that portion. Hoping to get through via phone. The 800 number failed a few times but I finally got through and have been put in sequence to wait for an operator. Anyone wanna wager the wait time? I'm guessing two hrs. Good thing I'm off today.
max225

Tarspin wrote: Fri Apr 28, 2017 12:57 pm
max225 wrote:We had a lot of scheduling issues in the US. One dealer had appointments 2 months out and another 2 weeks.
It's likely going to be a cluster-fuck. My dealer sent me a notice yesterday reminding me of the registration, they wanted their clients at the front of the line. Website is brutal because it fails it's own network search. You'd think they tested that portion. Hoping to get through via phone. The 800 number failed a few times but I finally got through and have been put in sequence to wait for an operator. Anyone wanna wager the wait time? I'm guessing two hrs. Good thing I'm off today.
I actually was able to reach someone on the other end fairly quickly (2/3) times... but they were inept :mahtroy: 's. I'd say 10 min.Then again one time I called... they basically said they are a few hrs behind so I :nope: 'd and called back the next day
Tar
Chief Master Sirloin
Chief Master Sirloin

max225 wrote:
Tarspin wrote: Fri Apr 28, 2017 12:57 pm It's likely going to be a cluster-fuck. My dealer sent me a notice yesterday reminding me of the registration, they wanted their clients at the front of the line. Website is brutal because it fails it's own network search. You'd think they tested that portion. Hoping to get through via phone. The 800 number failed a few times but I finally got through and have been put in sequence to wait for an operator. Anyone wanna wager the wait time? I'm guessing two hrs. Good thing I'm off today.
I actually was able to reach someone on the other end fairly quickly (2/3) times... but they were inept :mahtroy: 's. I'd say 10 min.Then again one time I called... they basically said they are a few hrs behind so I :nope: 'd and called back the next day
Good call, got someone kinda nice/knowledgeable just now. She says that the portal will be closed for 15 min as they fix the postal code issue. Time to try again at 130pm