Strut your greasy stuff!
MexicanYarisTK
Senior Master Sirloin
Senior Master Sirloin
Drives: An Okinowa Cruiseship
Location: 6 miles north of Sleepy Joes House & 5 miles from Bosphorus Channel

Tarspin wrote: Sun Jun 25, 2017 11:11 pm
MexicanYarisTK wrote:
:sad: thanks Murica. I could totally see myself in those cars if I have a long ass commute.

Maybe I could get one in Turkey, who knows
When it comes to the engine, this car has been flawless for all 90k miles. The only issue I have is clunking which is either stretch bolts holding the subframe or a ball joint. It's a shame if they crush it. Hopefully someone peels off the Koni sports and DG springs at some point before then.
I have solved that with the mk6. But now that the car is done, why explain right?
Nephew of a :plac: a few first gen immigrant on DFD, resident turk, and ex nazi egg lover now driving a middle class mom mobile.
Tar
Chief Master Sirloin
Chief Master Sirloin
Drives: Beige Family Sedan sans Dent

MexicanYarisTK wrote:
Tarspin wrote: Sun Jun 25, 2017 11:11 pm
When it comes to the engine, this car has been flawless for all 90k miles. The only issue I have is clunking which is either stretch bolts holding the subframe or a ball joint. It's a shame if they crush it. Hopefully someone peels off the Koni sports and DG springs at some point before then.
I have solved that with the mk6. But now that the car is done, why explain right?
Yeah for sure, it made it to the finish line (almost)... all they care about is mileage, that some derp didn't strip major stuff off the car, and that it drives under its own power. I will likely only have 50 kms left before I exceed the limit of my buyback. Made an office stop this weekend too to unload all of the work gear I used this weekend. Did a google maps review before I left just in case Image
Tar
Chief Master Sirloin
Chief Master Sirloin

Dealer had another key socket for the wheel locks and pulled them off for me. :fuckyeah:
Apex
Chief Master Sirloin of the Wasteful Steak
Drives: Abominable

Tarspin wrote: Mon Jun 26, 2017 11:05 am Dealer had another key socket for the wheel locks and pulled them off for me. :fuckyeah:
:alpo: :fuckyeah:

The Canadian R is in service before the PA R is back on the road, eh?
Tar
Chief Master Sirloin
Chief Master Sirloin

Yes sir... heading to work in the new egg! :fuckyeah:

I'm really enjoying this thing.

ChrisoftheNorth
Drives: 4R

:fuckyeah:
Desertbreh wrote: Tue Oct 10, 2017 6:40 pm My guess would be that Chris took some time off because he has read the dialogue on this page 1,345 times and decided to spend some of his free time doing something besides beating a horse to death.
razr390
Command Chief Master Sirloin
Drives: MK7.5 on 87

Tarspin wrote: Mon Jun 26, 2017 1:22 pm Yes sir... heading to work in the new egg! :fuckyeah:

:doughnut: :narc: :doughnut:
Desertbreh wrote: Thu Oct 17, 2019 3:05 pm DFD. The forum where everybody makes the same choices and then tells anybody trying to join the club that they are the stupidest motherfucker to ever walk the earth.
Gberg2119
First Sirloin
First Sirloin
Drives: W///

Tarspin wrote: Mon Jun 26, 2017 1:22 pm Yes sir... heading to work in the new egg! :fuckyeah:

:jelly:
Apex

:fuckyeah: :stig:
max225
Drives: Taco+ Bavarian lemon

Hot damn you. Won vs the cracked egg!

Did the trade in go smoothly?
Tar
Chief Master Sirloin
Chief Master Sirloin

Gberg2119 wrote:

:jelly:
Thanks breh, wish were both in the clear at this point. It's amazing how long you've waited thus far.
Tar
Chief Master Sirloin
Chief Master Sirloin

Apex wrote:

:fuckyeah: :stig:
I've been driving it with break-in process in mind, so no :stig: yet, under 4k it feels and behaves like a regular golf in every way, which is a good thing. Great place to be!

Amazed how much the MK7 platform has improved over the last gen. :like:
Tar
Chief Master Sirloin
Chief Master Sirloin

max225 wrote:

Yes very smooth! The dealer popped my lock nutz while I waited, then I drove it off the lot to put the steelies on all four corners. When I got back the claims guy was waiting and spent a whole two minutes to look over the car, focusing most of the effort on making sure the car starts and it's ODO. He chuckled and said man you are cutting in close.... had 20 miles (35km) of travel left before I'd be denied the claim.

I signed over the checks for the car towards my Aar and the rest of my time there was spent with the Aar.

I'm really happy about it.
max225

The actual trade once it happened, went really smooth also. I was in and out in 20 min.
Tar
Chief Master Sirloin
Chief Master Sirloin

That's perfect. There's not much to muddle over with these guys. I :member: you mentioning notary services, I had my wife sign as witness on my docs so things are probably a little less stringent nowadays. Took since April, and my dealer held the new car for a total of 4 mths. :impressive:

One or more guys at the dealership are eying the led interior kit and suspension hardware :doe: . Wondering if this car will be more stock when it gets squished into a little cube then it is now.
wap
Drives: Blue Meanie

Tarspin wrote: Mon Jun 26, 2017 2:28 pm
max225 wrote:

Yes very smooth! The dealer popped my lock nutz while I waited, then I drove it off the lot to put the steelies on all four corners. When I got back the claims guy was waiting and spent a whole two minutes to look over the car, focusing most of the effort on making sure the car starts and it's ODO. He chuckled and said man you are cutting in close.... had 20 miles (35km) of travel left before I'd be denied the claim.

I signed over the checks for the car towards my Aar and the rest of my time there was spent with the Aar.

:fuckyeah: Glad it FINALLY happened!
:wap: Where are these mangos?
Detroit wrote: Fri Apr 16, 2021 1:19 pm I don't understand anything anymore.
Tar
Chief Master Sirloin
Chief Master Sirloin

wap wrote:
Tarspin wrote: Mon Jun 26, 2017 2:28 pm Yes very smooth! The dealer popped my lock nutz while I waited, then I drove it off the lot to put the steelies on all four corners. When I got back the claims guy was waiting and spent a whole two minutes to look over the car, focusing most of the effort on making sure the car starts and it's ODO. He chuckled and said man you are cutting in close.... had 20 miles (35km) of travel left before I'd be denied the claim.

:fuckyeah: Glad it FINALLY happened!
:fuckyeah: , took forever. Sorry about the first 500 posts Image
Apex

[user not found] wrote: Mon Jun 26, 2017 5:02 pm Wait, when did the new egg come home?
Today!
Tar
Chief Master Sirloin
Chief Master Sirloin

Apex wrote:
[user not found] wrote: Mon Jun 26, 2017 5:02 pm Wait, when did the new egg come home?
Today!
:dat:
Tar
Chief Master Sirloin
Chief Master Sirloin

Pulled up to my job site earlier and I couldn't find a spot anywhere until I got to the very back of the lot (about 3000 cars) only to find these hard parkers! Imageol:

Last edited by Tar on Mon Jun 26, 2017 6:49 pm, edited 1 time in total.
max225

Tarspin wrote: Mon Jun 26, 2017 6:49 pm Pulled up to my job site earlier and I couldn't find a spot anywhere until I got to the very back of the lot (about 3000 cars) only to find these hard parkers! Imageol:
Wow, even a Corolla "S" nonetheless is hard parked.
Tar
Chief Master Sirloin
Chief Master Sirloin

max225 wrote:
Tarspin wrote: Mon Jun 26, 2017 6:49 pm Pulled up to my job site earlier and I couldn't find a spot anywhere until I got to the very back of the lot (about 3000 cars) only to find these hard parkers! Imageol:
Wow, even a Corolla "S" nonetheless is hard parked.
He's taking no chances with ordinary pleb.
Gberg2119
First Sirloin
First Sirloin
Drives: W///

I think I know where you're gonna be parking all the time now!
Tar
Chief Master Sirloin
Chief Master Sirloin

Gberg2119 wrote:

Yep, it's my new favorite parking area! It adds about 200 yards to my walk :doe: . :aintcare:
razr390
Drives: MK7.5 on 87

Tarspin wrote: Mon Jun 26, 2017 7:14 pm
Gberg2119 wrote:
Yep, it's my new favorite parking area! It adds about 200 yards to my walk :doe: . :aintcare:
Your heart will thank you eventually.
:doughnut: :narc: :doughnut:
Desertbreh wrote: Thu Oct 17, 2019 3:05 pm DFD. The forum where everybody makes the same choices and then tells anybody trying to join the club that they are the stupidest motherfucker to ever walk the earth.