Gberg's GoRf Thread

Strut your greasy stuff!
Tar
Chief Master Sirloin
Chief Master Sirloin
Drives: Beige Family Sedan sans Dent

Gberg2119 wrote:
Johnny_P wrote: Thu Aug 24, 2017 7:52 pm Wait do you have to do this bullshit recalibration with every fucking alignment?

HOREY SHEET.
Yup. :gag:

I don't know what I'll do when it comes to me needing an alignment I have to pay for. Probably just disable it all.
It's probably calibrated to perfext alignment. We will have issues if our alignment goes out, but knowing this just realign the car to factory spec and all things will be true again. :iono: works for Vision Systems on robots
Gberg2119
First Sirloin
First Sirloin
Drives: W///

max225 wrote: Thu Aug 24, 2017 8:31 pm Such safety very wow. I am sure you can do it through Vagina-com it is nothing but a reset.
Here's the recalibration estimate.

Gberg2119
First Sirloin
First Sirloin

Tarspin wrote: Thu Aug 24, 2017 8:38 pm
Gberg2119 wrote:
Yup. :gag:

I don't know what I'll do when it comes to me needing an alignment I have to pay for. Probably just disable it all.
It's probably calibrated to perfext alignment. We will have issues if our alignment goes out, but knowing this just realign the car to factory spec and all things will be true again. :iono: works for Vision Systems on robots
Yeah :iono:. I'll ask them when I bring it in.
Johnny_P
Chief Master Sirloin of the Wasteful Steak
Drives: Blue short bus

:waxer:
Tar
Chief Master Sirloin
Chief Master Sirloin

Gberg2119 wrote:
Tarspin wrote: Thu Aug 24, 2017 8:38 pm It's probably calibrated to perfext alignment. We will have issues if our alignment goes out, but knowing this just realign the car to factory spec and all things will be true again. :iono: works for Vision Systems on robots
It's kind of explained in line B of your invoice. Such BS either way, I do like the adaptive CC/lane keeping doe, but would opt out if I could too
Gberg2119
First Sirloin
First Sirloin

Tarspin wrote: Thu Aug 24, 2017 8:54 pm
Gberg2119 wrote:
It's kind of explained in line B of your invoice. Such BS either way, I do like the adaptive CC/lane keeping doe, but would opt out if I could too
Yeah it's cool and it definitely works. I don't use it for rural driving though cause occasionally it will get fooled and suddenly tug the wheel one way. I only turn it on for highway driving but obviously I won't be doing that again for a while.
Gberg2119
First Sirloin
First Sirloin

Muh poor baby. 6 chips need to be fixed. Most are pretty small aside from this decent size one. ImageImage

Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk

stripethree
Chief Patty Officer
Chief Patty Officer
Drives: '04 R32, '90 Miata, '17 CB300F

You should rallycross this car. What could possibly go wrong?
max225
Drives: Taco+ Bavarian lemon

Does it have thin paint? The womanz benz has really shitty thin paint actually which was surprising... vs the bmw which has the best paint I have ever owned on a vehicle.
Gberg2119
First Sirloin
First Sirloin

max225 wrote: Mon Aug 28, 2017 5:54 pm Does it have thin paint? The womanz benz has really shitty thin paint actually which was surprising... vs the bmw which has the best paint I have ever owned on a vehicle.
Probably. I've only ever owned VW's so I can't tell.
max225
Drives: Taco+ Bavarian lemon

My egg was ok(ish)
Tar
Chief Master Sirloin
Chief Master Sirloin

Gberg2119 wrote:
Tarspin wrote: Thu Aug 24, 2017 8:54 pm It's kind of explained in line B of your invoice. Such BS either way, I do like the adaptive CC/lane keeping doe, but would opt out if I could too
Yeah it's cool and it definitely works. I don't use it for rural driving though cause occasionally it will get fooled and suddenly tug the wheel one way. I only turn it on for highway driving but obviously I won't be doing that again for a while.
I like it for the :science: like "How long is this going to stay locked onto the correct path?" And then try to beat my best time. Usually get between 1 and 10 seconds.
Tar
Chief Master Sirloin
Chief Master Sirloin

Gberg2119 wrote:Muh poor baby. 6 chips need to be fixed. Most are pretty small aside from this decent size one. ImageImage

I got the 3m stone guard on the front 1/3 of the hood, front bumper, headlights grill pieces and contact points like the back bumper top surface and in the handles. Who knows there may be more. It hurt like a bitch to pay even more for protecting the car after the initial cost but I'm in a battle zone daily. Looks like I'll need to redo the hood and go all the way up. :rage: :disappoint:
4zilch
First Sirloin
First Sirloin
Drives: Ford Party ST

stripethree wrote: Mon Aug 28, 2017 5:47 pm You should rallycross this car. What could possibly go wrong?
Well we know what happens when following an R32 with sticky tires and no mud flaps...
As the only published author in a well-known motorcycle publication in the room...
coogles
First Sirloin
First Sirloin
Drives: Hooptie Crotchfruit Carrier

The paint on my MK6 was epic. 6.5 years and only one minor rock chip on the hood. Never ceramic coated, just Sonax PNS and polymer sprays. Very first road trip in the STi I came back with two huge rock chips on the bumper before I got the coating on. Filled both, cleared and wet-sanded, they're pretty much invisible beyond 2 feet now. Even after the coating I got another right under the headlight. The paint is so soft the rock just pushed the paint to the side and made a 3d ridge out of the paint.
:rage:
Johnny_P

[user not found] wrote: Mon Aug 28, 2017 8:56 pm
max225 wrote: Mon Aug 28, 2017 7:25 pm My egg was ok(ish)
My GTI had some of the best paint I've ever had on a car. My 2006 MINI isn't bad, just needs some love still from years of neglect.
:dat: the GTI did have good paint. I've noticed my Subie scratches easier. Oh well.
Johnny_P

Gberg2119 wrote: Mon Aug 28, 2017 4:08 pm Muh poor baby. 6 chips need to be fixed. Most are pretty small aside from this decent size one. ImageImage

How do you fix these? I'm going to have to eventually do some 8 stage paint prep and repair and :jizz: shine to my door.
ChrisoftheNorth
Drives: 4R

Dr Colorchip works surprisingly well for me. :iono:
Desertbreh wrote: Tue Oct 10, 2017 6:40 pm My guess would be that Chris took some time off because he has read the dialogue on this page 1,345 times and decided to spend some of his free time doing something besides beating a horse to death.
MexicanYarisTK
Senior Master Sirloin
Senior Master Sirloin
Drives: An Okinowa Cruiseship
Location: 6 miles north of Sleepy Joes House & 5 miles from Bosphorus Channel

coogles wrote: Tue Aug 29, 2017 8:48 am The paint on my MK6 was epic. 6.5 years and only one minor rock chip on the hood. Never ceramic coated, just Sonax PNS and polymer sprays. Very first road trip in the STi I came back with two huge rock chips on the bumper before I got the coating on. Filled both, cleared and wet-sanded, they're pretty much invisible beyond 2 feet now. Even after the coating I got another right under the headlight. The paint is so soft the rock just pushed the paint to the side and made a 3d ridge out of the paint.
I am thinking of going WRX next or diesel wrangler, I am apprehensive for that flaw on Subaru, I thought I could probably put on some paint protection after I bought the car to prevent or eliminate those things.
Nephew of a :plac: a few first gen immigrant on DFD, resident turk, and ex nazi egg lover now driving a middle class mom mobile.
coogles
First Sirloin
First Sirloin
Drives: Hooptie Crotchfruit Carrier

MexicanYarisTK wrote: Tue Aug 29, 2017 9:47 am I am thinking of going WRX next or diesel wrangler, I am apprehensive for that flaw on Subaru, I thought I could probably put on some paint protection after I bought the car to prevent or eliminate those things.
Yeah I don't think anything but a clear bra will save Subaru paint. It's :poop:.

The metal flake in the white looks beautiful in the sun, doe. :megusta:
Johnny_P

MexicanYarisTK wrote: Tue Aug 29, 2017 9:47 am
coogles wrote: Tue Aug 29, 2017 8:48 am The paint on my MK6 was epic. 6.5 years and only one minor rock chip on the hood. Never ceramic coated, just Sonax PNS and polymer sprays. Very first road trip in the STi I came back with two huge rock chips on the bumper before I got the coating on. Filled both, cleared and wet-sanded, they're pretty much invisible beyond 2 feet now. Even after the coating I got another right under the headlight. The paint is so soft the rock just pushed the paint to the side and made a 3d ridge out of the paint.
I am thinking of going WRX next or diesel wrangler, I am apprehensive for that flaw on Subaru, I thought I could probably put on some paint protection after I bought the car to prevent or eliminate those things.
I just spent a weekend in DC. Man. I would NOT own a manual in that city. It's worse for driving than Philly is.
MexicanYarisTK
Senior Master Sirloin
Senior Master Sirloin

Johnny_P wrote: Tue Aug 29, 2017 12:54 pm
MexicanYarisTK wrote: Tue Aug 29, 2017 9:47 am

I just spent a weekend in DC. Man. I would NOT own a manual in that city. It's worse for driving than Philly is.
DC itself or surrounding areas? I know Arlington/Alexandria is definitely like that
Nephew of a :plac: a few first gen immigrant on DFD, resident turk, and ex nazi egg lover now driving a middle class mom mobile.
Johnny_P

MexicanYarisTK wrote: Tue Aug 29, 2017 1:32 pm
Johnny_P wrote: Tue Aug 29, 2017 12:54 pm

DC itself or surrounding areas? I know Arlington/Alexandria is definitely like that
In the district. Arlington and Alexandria were :gag: too.
MexicanYarisTK
Senior Master Sirloin
Senior Master Sirloin

Johnny_P wrote: Tue Aug 29, 2017 1:46 pm
MexicanYarisTK wrote: Tue Aug 29, 2017 1:32 pm

In the district. Arlington and Alexandria were :gag: too.
that's pretty much DC junior when it comes to driving.
Gberg2119
First Sirloin
First Sirloin

Plot twist.

Rear right wheel is out of spec. Did garnet do the repairs correctly or did they cut corners to get it into spec? Was it ever in spec? I never got an alignment sheet.

:iono: :rage: