Gberg's GoRf Thread

Strut your greasy stuff!
Gberg2119
First Sirloin
First Sirloin
Drives: W///

Of course the car won't be ready today. Windshield replacement requires driver assist recalibration which they haven't done many of.

I'm so :disgust: with the whole thing.
Davestr
Senior Chief Patty Officer
Senior Chief Patty Officer
Drives: 17 M2 14 M235

Gberg2119 wrote: Wed Aug 23, 2017 3:01 pm Of course the car won't be ready today. Windshield replacement requires driver assist recalibration which they haven't done many of.

Very sorry to see further delay. Big time. Very sorry. Keep smiling hopefully this will be the last of it. :like:
Gberg2119
First Sirloin
First Sirloin

Davestr wrote: Wed Aug 23, 2017 3:17 pm
Gberg2119 wrote: Wed Aug 23, 2017 3:01 pm Of course the car won't be ready today. Windshield replacement requires driver assist recalibration which they haven't done many of.

Very sorry to see further delay. Big time. Very sorry. Keep smiling hopefully this will be the last of it. :like:
It's been a massive pain in the ass trying to get Geico to work with the body shop. I really have to dump them for someone else. I'm gonna have to pay for this upfront and then get reimbursed. The problem is who knows what Geico will approve for reimbursement because they can't seem to work with the shop. I assume it will be about $1500 at the minimum for a fucking windshield replacement. Who knows, maybe it'll cost as much as Max's repairs.

Until the next problem with the GoRf. :(
dtraill27
Chief Patty Officer
Chief Patty Officer
Drives: 17 Mazda 6

I heard a lot of bad things about Geico. Too busy making annoying commercials.
Gberg2119
First Sirloin
First Sirloin

dtraill27 wrote: Wed Aug 23, 2017 3:56 pm I heard a lot of bad things about Geico. Too busy making annoying commercials.
I'll have to shop around for quotes over the next few days. Last I checked state farm was similar in premiums and they have Jake. :iono: if they're any good :doe:
MexicanYarisTK
Senior Master Sirloin
Senior Master Sirloin
Drives: An Okinowa Cruiseship
Location: 6 miles north of Sleepy Joes House & 5 miles from Bosphorus Channel

Gberg2119 wrote: Tue Aug 22, 2017 3:37 pm GoRf has been dropped off at the :dillerman: and it should be done tomorrow. Body shop said if they do the glass right it shouldn't require a recalibration of the driver assist systems.

Got a base Jetta but I'm not sure if it has the 1.4t or 1.8t. It's pretty peppy though so I assume 1.8. I can't fucking stand rental cars though. I've had enough of them.

Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk
I had 1.4t loaners twice and they did not feel gutless at all, unless you floor it on the highway. The only way I found out was a legit 0-60, which was like 8.5ish, so 1.4 it is.
Last edited by MexicanYarisTK on Wed Aug 23, 2017 4:16 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Nephew of a :plac: a few first gen immigrant on DFD, resident turk, and ex nazi egg lover now driving a middle class mom mobile.
Johnny_P
Chief Master Sirloin of the Wasteful Steak
Drives: Blue short bus

Gberg2119 wrote: Wed Aug 23, 2017 3:39 pm

It's been a massive pain in the ass trying to get Geico to work with the body shop. I really have to dump them for someone else. I'm gonna have to pay for this upfront and then get reimbursed. The problem is who knows what Geico will approve for reimbursement because they can't seem to work with the shop. I assume it will be about $1500 at the minimum for a fucking windshield replacement. Who knows, maybe it'll cost as much as Max's repairs.

$1500 for a piece of glass is :mindblown:
Johnny_P

Gberg2119 wrote: Wed Aug 23, 2017 4:09 pm
dtraill27 wrote: Wed Aug 23, 2017 3:56 pm I heard a lot of bad things about Geico. Too busy making annoying commercials.
I'll have to shop around for quotes over the next few days. Last I checked state farm was similar in premiums and they have Jake. :iono: if they're any good :doe:
Progressive has treated me well. But really YMMV on this.
MexicanYarisTK
Senior Master Sirloin
Senior Master Sirloin
Drives: An Okinowa Cruiseship
Location: 6 miles north of Sleepy Joes House & 5 miles from Bosphorus Channel

When I recently had that sidewipe incident, Geico first recommended me a shady body shop with no more than 3 starts on yelp reviews, then the second recommendation was actually one of the best in the area. :notsure:
Nephew of a :plac: a few first gen immigrant on DFD, resident turk, and ex nazi egg lover now driving a middle class mom mobile.
dtraill27
Chief Patty Officer
Chief Patty Officer
Drives: 17 Mazda 6

Gberg2119 wrote: Wed Aug 23, 2017 4:09 pm
I have Erie. They're a little pricey but I like dealing with an agent for policy stuff rather than someone on the phone and the 2 claims I've had with them have been pretty painless. 1 thing thats annoying with them is you cant make policy changes over the weekend and I always buy my cars on Sat so I have to wait till Monday to put the change in.
Gberg2119
First Sirloin
First Sirloin

Johnny_P wrote: Wed Aug 23, 2017 4:14 pm

$1500 for a piece of glass is :mindblown:
This is one reason why I didn't want a GoRf with DAP but unfortunately they all came with it for 2017.

I'm having a hard time tracking down the part number for the glass but it's going to be glass + labor + DAP recalibration. Won't be cheap that's for sure.
max225
Drives: Taco+ Bavarian lemon

I think your shop rates are insane... I am in Commifornia and seemingly getting repair costs that are half of what you're seeing. Those shops are seriously :troywax: 'ing the insurance.
Gberg2119
First Sirloin
First Sirloin

max225 wrote: Wed Aug 23, 2017 4:46 pm

I think your shop rates are insane... I am in Commifornia and seemingly getting repair costs that are half of what you're seeing. Those shops are seriously :troywax: 'ing the insurance.
I don't think so. It was $50/hr for both paint and body when Norma smashed me. And that was at a true top quality shop even though they're sloths.
max225

$50 is still cheapish...
Gberg2119
First Sirloin
First Sirloin

Alright. So out of pocket as of now is as follows. I didn't get DAP recalibrated yet as they said they couldn't squeeze it in today. Apparently it's a 6 hour job. :disgust:. I wonder if Joe shmoe buying his new beigemobile with all those gizmos realizes it's now $600+ for an alignment.

I have to reschedule the calibration to get it done another time then send over the documents to Geico and hope they reimburse me in full aside from my $500 deductible.

$758.70 - Windshield replacement + rental
$576.49 - DAP recalibration.

$1335.19. All for a fucking windshield replacement.

ChrisoftheNorth
Drives: 4R

:disgust: 6 hours to reprogram a computer? :impressive:
Desertbreh wrote: Tue Oct 10, 2017 6:40 pm My guess would be that Chris took some time off because he has read the dialogue on this page 1,345 times and decided to spend some of his free time doing something besides beating a horse to death.
Gberg2119
First Sirloin
First Sirloin

[user not found] wrote: Thu Aug 24, 2017 3:57 pm Drove a 2016 GoRf today.

:impressive:

Very well put together car.
Was it tuned like you thought?
Apex
Drives: Abominable

[user not found] wrote: Thu Aug 24, 2017 3:57 pm Drove a 2016 GoRf today.

:impressive:

Very well put together car.
Comparison to a F56 JCW?
Tar
Chief Master Sirloin
Chief Master Sirloin
Drives: Beige Family Sedan sans Dent

Gberg2119 wrote:Alright. So out of pocket as of now is as follows. I didn't get DAP recalibrated yet as they said they couldn't squeeze it in today. Apparently it's a 6 hour job. :disgust:. I wonder if Joe shmoe buying his new beigemobile with all those gizmos realizes it's now $600+ for an alignment.

I have to reschedule the calibration to get it done another time then send over the documents to Geico and hope they reimburse me in full aside from my $500 deductible.

:ludacris: :gag:
Johnny_P

Wait do you have to do this bullshit recalibration with every fucking alignment?

HOREY SHEET.
Last edited by Johnny_P on Thu Aug 24, 2017 7:55 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Johnny_P

Tarspin wrote: Thu Aug 24, 2017 5:38 pm
Gberg2119 wrote:Alright. So out of pocket as of now is as follows. I didn't get DAP recalibrated yet as they said they couldn't squeeze it in today. Apparently it's a 6 hour job. :disgust:. I wonder if Joe shmoe buying his new beigemobile with all those gizmos realizes it's now $600+ for an alignment.

:ludacris: :gag:
Pepper your angus
Gberg2119
First Sirloin
First Sirloin

Johnny_P wrote: Thu Aug 24, 2017 7:52 pm Wait do you have to do this bullshit recalibration with every fucking alignment?

HOREY SHEET.
Yup. :gag:

I don't know what I'll do when it comes to me needing an alignment I have to pay for. Probably just disable it all.
max225

Such safety very wow. I am sure you can do it through Vagina-com it is nothing but a reset.
Johnny_P

Gberg2119 wrote: Thu Aug 24, 2017 8:02 pm
Johnny_P wrote: Thu Aug 24, 2017 7:52 pm Wait do you have to do this bullshit recalibration with every fucking alignment?

HOREY SHEET.
Yup. :gag:

I don't know what I'll do when it comes to me needing an alignment I have to pay for. Probably just disable it all.
omg
Tar
Chief Master Sirloin
Chief Master Sirloin
Drives: Beige Family Sedan sans Dent

Johnny_P wrote:
Tarspin wrote: Thu Aug 24, 2017 5:38 pm :ludacris: :gag:
Pepper your angus
:dat: , going to have to put Nigerian repellent on the windshield too!