C6 Vert Manuel. Car for Motorcycle Lovers Who Also Value Skin

Strut your greasy stuff!
wap
Chief Master Sirloin of the Wasteful Steak
Drives: Blue Meanie

Desertbreh wrote: Thu Jun 01, 2017 4:34 pm
[user not found] wrote: Thu Jun 01, 2017 4:31 pm

Buys car to enjoy, doesn't enjoy car. Got it.
:dat: The Scylla and Charybdis of Brubtub Ownership.
:impressive: Odyssey reference.
:wap: Where are these mangos?
Detroit wrote: Fri Apr 16, 2021 1:19 pm I don't understand anything anymore.
D Griff
Trollistrator
Trollistrator
Drives: Bicycles/Two Feet

Tarspin wrote: Thu Jun 01, 2017 4:59 pm
Detroit wrote:Would probably break doe.
Not so sure mine is up to the task either TBH :notsure:
Really? I'd trust my :poorvette: to make it anywhere, the thing is very solid.
D Griff
Trollistrator
Trollistrator

Detroit wrote:Would probably break doe.
Tar
Chief Master Sirloin
Chief Master Sirloin
Drives: Beige Family Sedan sans Dent

D Griff wrote:
Tarspin wrote: Thu Jun 01, 2017 4:59 pm Not so sure mine is up to the task either TBH :notsure:
Yeah but can it take a 12-14 hr road trip which tacks on a two hr blazing hot traffic jam without bowing a 20 yr old rad hose? The answer is who knows IMO

Besides, the GoRf is a formidable and fun car too and makes more sense to me in this case.
ChrisoftheNorth
Drives: 4R

D Griff wrote: Fri Jun 02, 2017 10:37 am
I'm just :trollface: after my clutch died. I'd drive the thing across the country tomorrow if I had to.
Desertbreh wrote: Tue Oct 10, 2017 6:40 pm My guess would be that Chris took some time off because he has read the dialogue on this page 1,345 times and decided to spend some of his free time doing something besides beating a horse to death.
Tar
Chief Master Sirloin
Chief Master Sirloin

:rolleyes: , sure I'll drive either of your cars across the country. Just don't want mine getting f*d up.

:trollface:
troyguitar
Command Chief Master Sirloin
Command Chief Master Sirloin
Drives: Trek Domane

:poorvette: is really made for highway miles.

I could see maybe getting a C6 hatch at some point as a DD/GT car that also tows a tiny formula car trailer. Now that I know the platform I could build a great one for a lot less than the C5Z cost.
Tar
Chief Master Sirloin
Chief Master Sirloin

So three :poorvette: guys are all essentially sayin the same thing lol. Does that make me a @poorvettewaxer who buffs his car only to take pictures of it outside of restaurants that serve steak with fries covered in truffle oil and parmesan???
Tar
Chief Master Sirloin
Chief Master Sirloin

Poor ninja think it's a Cadillac
ChrisoftheNorth

Tarspin wrote: Fri Jun 02, 2017 11:12 pm So three :poorvette: guys are all essentially sayin the same thing lol. Does that make me a @poorvettewaxer who buffs his car only to take pictures of it outside of restaurants that serve steak with fries covered in truffle oil and parmesan???
I think you might be the official @Poorvettewaxer.
Desertbreh wrote: Tue Oct 10, 2017 6:40 pm My guess would be that Chris took some time off because he has read the dialogue on this page 1,345 times and decided to spend some of his free time doing something besides beating a horse to death.
D Griff
Trollistrator
Trollistrator

Tarspin wrote: Fri Jun 02, 2017 11:12 pm So three :poorvette: guys are all essentially sayin the same thing lol. Does that make me a @poorvettewaxer who buffs his car only to take pictures of it outside of restaurants that serve steak with fries covered in truffle oil and parmesan???
In your defense, you have an awesome DD that would also be fun on the road. For me, I'd be walking if I wasn't talking the C5 and Chris would be driving the 0-60 in 10 second poverty truck, so the :poorvette: becomes a stronger option.

Mine has been rock solid reliable for three years and 17k miles though.
Tar
Chief Master Sirloin
Chief Master Sirloin

D Griff wrote:
In your defense, you have an awesome DD that would also be fun on the road. For me, I'd be walking if I wasn't talking the C5 and Chris would be driving the 0-60 in 10 second poverty truck, so the :poorvette: becomes a stronger option.

Mine has been rock solid reliable for three years and 17k miles though.
Arr on the Tail would be great but I still think the poorvette would be more fun.

I've put 7500 miles on my :poorvette: last year and no issues to speak of aside from a leaking trans/diff which came that way and is now resolved. It's probably good mechanically, although untested on a trip this long.

The Arr will eventually take every kind of beating being driven all year round and doing 25k miles annually anyways. The trip down looks doable but the Arr seems like the smarter choice.Image
ChrisoftheNorth

Dude, you'd come through Detroit. :fuckyeah: caravan.
D Griff
Trollistrator
Trollistrator

Detroit wrote: Mon Jun 05, 2017 10:56 am Dude, you'd come through Detroit. :fuckyeah: caravan.
Caravan not comprised of :poorvette: s, :sad:

ChrisoftheNorth

D Griff wrote: Mon Jun 05, 2017 10:58 am
Detroit wrote: Mon Jun 05, 2017 10:56 am Dude, you'd come through Detroit. :fuckyeah: caravan.

Well, one at least.
D Griff
Trollistrator
Trollistrator

Detroit wrote: Mon Jun 05, 2017 11:01 am
D Griff wrote: Mon Jun 05, 2017 10:58 am

Well, one at least.
Which would just make the Yaris look even more :gay:

:trollface: I'm :jelly: of the yaRRRRRRis.
Tar
Chief Master Sirloin
Chief Master Sirloin

Detroit wrote:Dude, you'd come through Detroit. :fuckyeah: caravan.
It would be a 5/7 experience. I'd insist we caravan if the option were available.
Tar
Chief Master Sirloin
Chief Master Sirloin

D Griff wrote:

:triggered:
Tar
Chief Master Sirloin
Chief Master Sirloin

I decided to go for a :fuchyeah: back roads cruise in this beastie after work today! This car always wants to be rung out. 5/7 anti-plac purchase. Except for maybe that orange C6Z I posted.Image
wap
Drives: Blue Meanie

Tarspin wrote: Thu Sep 14, 2017 12:15 am I decided to go for a :fuchyeah: back roads cruise in this beastie after work today! This car always wants to be rung out. 5/7 anti-plac purchase. Except for maybe that orange C6Z I posted.Image
:fuckyeah: Canadian :stig:
:wap: Where are these mangos?
Detroit wrote: Fri Apr 16, 2021 1:19 pm I don't understand anything anymore.
Tar
Chief Master Sirloin
Chief Master Sirloin

I went full :stig: down an area near me called Terra Cotta, lots of hilly terrain and almost zero traffic. The roads are well maintained and the weather was warm-ish, so perfect for a mid day cruise since I worked from home and get to pick when and how long my lunch is gonna be.

The active handling thing came back, and I still haven't picked up a scanner yet. It was NBD and the car seemed to maintain all of its functionality and typical handling characteristics other then traction control possibly, the light stayed on for a bit.

I figure that it's probably something simply like a failed sensor somewhere... so I Googled it and found this. Seems easy AF to address.

Steering sensor, possibly even covered under a recall so I'll check with my GM Canada about any open recalls that I can have addressed.Image
Tar
Chief Master Sirloin
Chief Master Sirloin

Throw a tie-wrap on that betch
Tar
Chief Master Sirloin
Chief Master Sirloin

Alrighty, time to dust off this thread now that it's corvette weather again! I finally got this beasty home last night and just changed clutch fluid and engine oil. I need to figure out what do do with the nasty rattle the car gives off when I'm moving and mainly under heavy throttle above 3k rpm in various gears. The car naturally has all kinds of vibrations so it is hard to differentiate if theres anything actually wrong mechanically or if something is out of place and magnifying normal vibrations. I'm going to tear the shifter assembly apart from the top down. I really just think there's something loose around the shifter because I can wedge my hand beside the shifter and settle down the terrible dash rattle. (See pic).Image
Last edited by Tar on Tue May 08, 2018 10:25 am, edited 1 time in total.
Tar
Chief Master Sirloin
Chief Master Sirloin

Thankfully the diff fluid looks 5/7. I can't reproduce the vibration while stationary so a bad diff was on my mind. A sigh of relief!ImageImage
Last edited by Tar on Tue May 08, 2018 1:23 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Acid666
Senior Chief Patty Officer
Senior Chief Patty Officer
Drives: 02 Z06/95 Meowta/05 SilveraDOE

You'll be able to unscrew the shifter from the bottom box, but I think to get to the internals you'll have to grind off what looks like rivets on the stock setup.
I tore apart my aftermarket shifter to find a rattle and I know what it is but I can't do much to alleviate it.
For the stock setup, you might end up ruining the rubber around the top just getting to the internals. I don't know this for sure, just remembering what I remember from pictures.

Those 4X bolts are removable, but the brown inside ones (4X) look to either be rivets or PEM studs or something. I don't really know how to remove them and not destroy the whole thing. One thing you can look at is those big Torx screws that hold the shifter box to the torque tube. From what I understand those bushings wear out and need to be replaced. My aftermarket shifter has solid mounts and I think this is where a lot of the solid feel comes from. They sell replacement bushings online for those.