Kamry XSE impressions and further updates

Strut your greasy stuff!
max225
Chief Master Sirloin of the Wasteful Steak
Drives: Taco+ Bavarian lemon

Um... So ... my car is being maintained... for free... dem rich getting richer.

I mentioned the faulty suspension... figured they wouldn't find shit... however they found a fault with a front right sensor... which means another day of 430i :aintcare:
D Griff
Trollistrator
Trollistrator
Drives: Bicycles/Two Feet

max225 wrote: Thu Nov 02, 2017 7:19 pm Um... So ... my car is being maintained... for free... dem rich getting richer.

I mentioned the faulty suspension... figured they wouldn't find shit... however they found a fault with a front right sensor... which means another day of 430i :aintcare:
in4 :225: :225: doughnut snapchat videos.
max225

Oh that thing is a 2018... Ima try it in a bit ... i thought it was a 2017
Johnny_P
Drives: Blue short bus

max225 wrote: Thu Nov 02, 2017 7:19 pm Um... So ... my car is being maintained... for free... dem rich getting richer.

:waxer:

Wonder how much that will cost. Electronical dampers sound great in theory, but sound like a handful to maintain after the car starts to literally fall apart at 50k miles.
Apex
Drives: Abominable

Johnny_P wrote: Fri Nov 03, 2017 9:53 am

Wonder how much that will cost. Electronical dampers sound great in theory, but sound like a handful to maintain after the car starts to literally fall apart at 50k miles.
You only get them if you are leasing or :waxer:
max225

I think the m2 doesn’t come with adjustables... yet another reason to buy it
MEAT
Spinbait
Spinbait
Drives: GC40xi

[user not found] wrote: Mon Dec 05, 2016 10:18 am Typical of the segment means they're all meant to go fast in a straight line for 0-60 stats, get good MPG for the maxfax, and look good in a garage for your neighbors to ogle and envy the badge.

They're not real performance cars until you get into the M range.

That being said, it's a good balance between 328 spec and M spec for DD purposes.
Agreed, and well said. After owning for a week now the 340 is perfect for me. A dad, who wants to drive a bad ass car but needs 4 doors, and an economically sound vehicle to sell to my family. :math:
max225

Ultimate service recap.

I called SA at 11.30 and left a VM hoping to pick up the car after lunch... No call back
Called SA at 1pm didn't leave VM no call back
Called Main Line at 2.15 pm... on hold for 5 min... transferred to SA didn't pick up
Called Main line at 2.20pm on hold for 5 min ... transferred to random dude... on hold for 5 min... transferred to SA who PICKED UP. Told me it'll be another "couple of hrs". I told em I'll pick up the car tomorrow instead.
4 fucking phone calls... to get a status on the car. and 30 min of my life I won't get back.

:disgust: BMW is just too pedestrian here. Way too many :amir: 's
wap
Drives: Blue Meanie

max225 wrote: Fri Nov 03, 2017 5:43 pm Ultimate service recap.

I called SA at 11.30 and left a VM hoping to pick up the car after lunch... No call back
Called Main Line at 2.15 pm... on hold for 5 min... transferred to SA didn't pick up
Called Main line at 2.20pm on hold for 5 min ... transferred to random dude... on hold for 5 min... transferred to SA who PICKED UP. Told me it'll be another "couple of hrs". I told em I'll pick up the car tomorrow instead.
4 fucking phone calls... to get a status on the car. and 30 min of my life I won't get back.

:wtf:
Week before last I dropped my :turboyaris: off for some work. Got there at 8:00. Picked up loaner and drove to work. Got a text at 10:30 to tell me my car was ready.
:notbad:
:wap: Where are these mangos?
Detroit wrote: Fri Apr 16, 2021 1:19 pm I don't understand anything anymore.
max225

[user not found] wrote: Fri Nov 03, 2017 5:50 pm

You have no idea.
We should see whose workplace is more :amir: :disgust:
Apex
Drives: Abominable

[user not found] wrote: Fri Nov 03, 2017 7:26 pm
max225 wrote: Fri Nov 03, 2017 6:10 pm
We should see whose workplace is more :amir: :disgust:
Workplace employees or workplace customers?

If it's customers, I'll win. I guarantee it. :thankstrump:
Johnny_P

wap wrote: Fri Nov 03, 2017 5:49 pm

Week before last I dropped my :turboyaris: off for some work. Got there at 8:00. Picked up loaner and drove to work. Got a text at 10:30 to tell me my car was ready.
I was always impressed by how fast VW would fix things. Not impressed that they didn't actually fix the issue but that's a separate problem.
Johnny_P

[user not found] wrote: Fri Nov 03, 2017 9:55 am
Johnny_P wrote: Fri Nov 03, 2017 9:53 am

:dat:

The idea of being on the hook for OEM adjustable dampers... :yikes:
:troywax:
max225

More ultimate service fuckery.
Get there at 10am to pick up car ... talk to 2 people... 15 min to drop off loaner
Ask to wait for my car to be pulled up :butwhy:
15min later no car...
I talk to the guy like “dude, where is my car”
He goes sorry sorry sorry sorry asks some pimple faced dude that looks like he works behind the counter at Krustys...
10min later ... car arrives and gets hard parked

45min to pick up a car... without driving there. All in all I think I spent 3-4 hrs between driving there and picking up and dropping off the car and calling to find out what is going on.

I could have done the same thing in 1 hr at home.

On a side note I think my rear tires are close to being Toast ... 3/32 is what they are claiming ... I got another 5k miles to go so that’s not gonna happen... gotta find a used set somewhere
max225

My free.99 service pic

$5200 to have the car look like they forgot to paint it

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
max225

:scrooge: update .. found 2 tires for $100 same as mine with 70% bread ...
Davestr
Senior Chief Patty Officer
Senior Chief Patty Officer
Drives: 17 M2 14 M235

max225 wrote: Sun Nov 05, 2017 10:38 am

Get there at 10am to pick up car ... talk to 2 people... 15 min to drop off loaner
15min later no car...
He goes sorry sorry sorry sorry asks some pimple faced dude that looks like he works behind the counter at Krustys...

45min to pick up a car... without driving there. All in all I think I spent 3-4 hrs between driving there and picking up and dropping off the car and calling to find out what is going on.

On a side note I think my rear tires are close to being Toast ... 3/32 is what they are claiming ... I got another 5k miles to go so that’s not gonna happen... gotta find a used set somewhere
Im amazed at what I read now for dealing with US dealers. The last one I had was my Audi dealer in LA and I never has this BS. I certainly have not had this type of experience here....ever. The average dealer here is smaller and that probably helps and the experience is much more personal. Im sorry you had this....
max225

Davestr wrote: Sun Nov 05, 2017 3:49 pm

15min later no car...

Im amazed at what I read now for dealing with US dealers. The last one I had was my Audi dealer in LA and I never has this BS. I certainly have not had this type of experience here....ever. The average dealer here is smaller and that probably helps and the experience is much more personal. Im sorry you had this....
They are expanding almost every dealer here ...
this one has about 400+ cars in inventory, just to give you a sense of scale
Johnny_P

max225 wrote: Sun Nov 05, 2017 10:42 am Image
My free.99 service pic

$5200 to have the car look like they forgot to paint it

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Wow. $5200 and the car looks worse than a work truck spec F150. Let's paint it FLAT BLACK so it looks like it's made of plastic. Great idea.
Johnny_P

15min later no car...

Picking your car up should take 5 mins tops. Walk in, pay, get your keys, go out to where it's staged at the pick up spots and you're good.
D Griff
Trollistrator
Trollistrator
Drives: Bicycles/Two Feet

wap wrote:

Oh, dat :wap: VW compliment sneak. :mindblown:
max225

another :wtf: moment... they claim my rears are at 3/32 I looked at them... and no fking way... they are still above the wear bars. Easily at 5/32nd however these tires are a bit odd where they have grooves of different depths throughout the thread so it is difficult to measure accurately.
Johnny_P

max225 wrote: Mon Nov 06, 2017 1:37 pm another :wtf: moment... they claim my rears are at 3/32 I looked at them... and no fking way... they are still above the wear bars. Easily at 5/32nd however these tires are a bit odd where they have grooves of different depths throughout the thread so it is difficult to measure accurately.
:dillerman:
max225

Johnny_P wrote: Tue Nov 07, 2017 12:00 pm
max225 wrote: Mon Nov 06, 2017 1:37 pm another :wtf: moment... they claim my rears are at 3/32 I looked at them... and no fking way... they are still above the wear bars. Easily at 5/32nd however these tires are a bit odd where they have grooves of different depths throughout the thread so it is difficult to measure accurately.
They did same thing to my buddy, told him he is at 3/32 he got freaked out went to a tire shop and they told him :gtfo: you're at 5/32.

:wtf: :dillerman: BULLSHIT as always.
coogles
First Sirloin
First Sirloin
Drives: Hooptie Crotchfruit Carrier

Johnny_P wrote: Tue Nov 07, 2017 12:00 pm
:dat: