Kamry XSE impressions and further updates

Strut your greasy stuff!
Johnny_P
Chief Master Sirloin of the Wasteful Steak
Drives: Blue short bus

max225 wrote: Wed Jan 24, 2018 12:38 pm I dunno I feel like once things "tank" ain't nobody going to be buying shit. Just like last time. Prices go down for a reason.
My bank account is ready
Johnny_P

max225 wrote: Tue Jan 23, 2018 1:13 pm
max225 wrote: Tue Jan 23, 2018 10:39 am https://www.cargurus.com/Cars/share/192609452

Rcf that is certified for 43k in the perfect color.

#lessthanawrangler

Some of the interesting comments I got.

"Looks like your old 370z" -Unnamed azn
"I love that color and that it is a CPO" - Morethanawedding azn.
"That's not a real car" - Siberian princess who thinks cars need 4 doors and ground clearance for snow
"I'd still rather get new" - Dad
"When are we flying out" - Best guy friend :gaydance:
:lol: :lol: :lol:
That car is epic. It'll depreciate for sure, but if you can afford it then #whynot

This or a Wrangler huh? I mean, you've gotta ask yourself and be real with the answer of what you want to do with it. If just drive to work and wine tastings and bang the AZN in it, then go with the Lexus. If you're going to offroad it every month or travel to a lot of malls, then the Wrangler.

I don't know that I'd love DD'ing a Wrangler, honestly. Especially if there's a decent amount of high speed highway driving to be done.
max225
Drives: Taco+ Bavarian lemon

Johnny_P wrote: Wed Jan 24, 2018 1:27 pm
max225 wrote: Tue Jan 23, 2018 1:13 pm

Some of the interesting comments I got.

"Looks like your old 370z" -Unnamed azn
"I love that color and that it is a CPO" - Morethanawedding azn.
"That's not a real car" - Siberian princess who thinks cars need 4 doors and ground clearance for snow
"I'd still rather get new" - Dad
"When are we flying out" - Best guy friend :gaydance:
:lol: :lol: :lol:
That car is epic. It'll depreciate for sure, but if you can afford it then #whynot

This or a Wrangler huh? I mean, you've gotta ask yourself and be real with the answer of what you want to do with it. If just drive to work and wine tastings and bang the AZN in it, then go with the Lexus. If you're going to offroad it every month or travel to a lot of malls, then the Wrangler.

I don't know that I'd love DD'ing a Wrangler, honestly. Especially if there's a decent amount of high speed highway driving to be done.
I guess there are a few more options
1.Wrangler at around 50K OTD
2. RCF at around 46K OTD
3. Lease take over on another vehicle... very likely only C43 which I am kind of really blah on.
4. Go super cheap and poverty... DD the Crown vic or some other fully depreciated vehicle and hate myself...

Ideally I wouldn't buy another car... I always lose my ass when I do that. But there are very few/no leases that interest me.
Johnny_P

max225 wrote: Wed Jan 24, 2018 1:40 pm
Johnny_P wrote: Wed Jan 24, 2018 1:27 pm

2. RCF at around 46K OTD
3. Lease take over on another vehicle... very likely only C43 which I am kind of really blah on.
4. Go super cheap and poverty... DD the Crown vic or some other fully depreciated vehicle and hate myself...

Ideally I wouldn't buy another car... I always lose my ass when I do that. But there are very few/no leases that interest me.
1 or 2, IMO
3.... :butwhy: drive something you aren't :fuckyeah: about?
4.... :hellno: you make :troywax: you can afford a nice vehicle amirite? So get something you want. You work hard for this shit might as well blow some cash on something you want. I had a real hard time justifying the STI but when I looked at my bank account I said fuck it, and I'm 100% happy I did.
razr390
Command Chief Master Sirloin
Drives: MK7.5 on 87

:dat:

Get the Lexus and enjoy luxury, performance and :jimp: engine noises
:doughnut: :narc: :doughnut:
Desertbreh wrote: Thu Oct 17, 2019 3:05 pm DFD. The forum where everybody makes the same choices and then tells anybody trying to join the club that they are the stupidest motherfucker to ever walk the earth.
max225

Johnny_P wrote: Wed Jan 24, 2018 2:11 pm
max225 wrote: Wed Jan 24, 2018 1:40 pm

2. RCF at around 46K OTD

1 or 2, IMO
4.... :hellno: you make :troywax: you can afford a nice vehicle amirite? So get something you want. You work hard for this shit might as well blow some cash on something you want. I had a real hard time justifying the STI but when I looked at my bank account I said fuck it, and I'm 100% happy I did.
Makes perfect sense.

Let me try and see if I can explain it a little bit more.

I just perpetually raised the bar to point where in order to improve from my current vehicle I'd have to go :fullretard: performance car (Cayman, Corvette, Viper, M3, 2 or RCF (cheapest of the bunch) or a different direction altogether, since I already explored performance vehicles in good detail ( I had a 370z, 335i, E46M3, C5 corvette).

I will be :aintcare: if I don't go up in performance or a different direction, and if I :aintcare: about the car then why wouldn't I just go cheap.

That's my reasoning.
I dunno if it makes sense.
Johnny_P

max225 wrote: Wed Jan 24, 2018 2:18 pm
Johnny_P wrote: Wed Jan 24, 2018 2:11 pm
1 or 2, IMO
Makes perfect sense.

I just perpetually raised the bar to point where in order to improve from my current vehicle I'd have to go :fullretard: performance car (Cayman, Corvette, Viper, M3, 2 or RCF (cheapest of the bunch) or a different direction altogether, since I already explored performance vehicles in good detail ( I had a 370z, 335i, E46M3, C5 corvette).

I will be :aintcare: if I don't go up in performance or a different direction, and if I :aintcare: about the car then why wouldn't I just go cheap.

That's my reasoning.
No I get it. If I buy a car as my next vehicle there's a strong possibility it'll be something like an automatic G37x. I can afford something nicer but if the point is to :aintcare: then just get something cheap but inoffensive that I can :aintcare: in.

You seem pretty happy with the current fakesport, no? If you downgrade to something like a 1.5T Civic Sport won't you be annoyed at the sound levels, the lack of power, the cheap interior, etc? If you won't then yeah go for something cheap.

The nice thing about the Wrangler is it's a totally different direction and leaves behind all of the edick car paper racing and stats and horseshit that doesn't matter, and lets you totally disconnect from that world and enjoy an interesting vehicle. :sawce: seems to like his quite a bit and IIRC doesn't miss the performance of the GTI because why compare performance of anything to a lumbering ox cart of a Wrangler?

This is also why I like the Benz C class in general. It's not a sports car, not trying to be a sports car. It's really nicely appointed and quiet and luxurious and well built. But you won't want to kill yourself if you end up on a canyon road. New Audi A4/A5 sound similar.
max225

Johnny_P wrote: Wed Jan 24, 2018 2:24 pm
max225 wrote: Wed Jan 24, 2018 2:18 pm

Makes perfect sense.

That's my reasoning.
No I get it. If I buy a car as my next vehicle there's a strong possibility it'll be something like an automatic G37x. I can afford something nicer but if the point is to :aintcare: then just get something cheap but inoffensive that I can :aintcare: in.

You seem pretty happy with the current fakesport, no? If you downgrade to something like a 1.5T Civic Sport won't you be annoyed at the sound levels, the lack of power, the cheap interior, etc? If you won't then yeah go for something cheap.

The nice thing about the Wrangler is it's a totally different direction and leaves behind all of the edick car paper racing and stats and horseshit that doesn't matter, and lets you totally disconnect from that world and enjoy an interesting vehicle. :sawce: seems to like his quite a bit and IIRC doesn't miss the performance of the GTI because why compare performance of anything to a lumbering ox cart of a Wrangler?
Right the new Wrangler actually has an interesting interior and I really like the exterior as well. So those are big plusses, I am sure it'll ride fine and work perfectly as a DD.

And the fact that I can take it pretty much anywhere without giving two fucks is a huge bonus.
Rain
Snow
Road Trip
City (metal bumpers) 184" long only same as 335i
Parking curbs
Low depreciation (hopefully) as safe bet as one can make truly.

Is it as much fun as a 335i, it is different, certainly isn't fun in a driving sense. But it is a more relaxing and different experience.
Last edited by max225 on Wed Jan 24, 2018 2:29 pm, edited 1 time in total.
razr390
Drives: MK7.5 on 87

I’d get the RCF. Enough performance when you need it but it’s comfortable and :aintcare: driving for days.

I wouldn’t downgrade for the sake of being cheap and :aintcare:

FFS if you really :waxer: and :aintcare: you’d get an S class.
:doughnut: :narc: :doughnut:
Desertbreh wrote: Thu Oct 17, 2019 3:05 pm DFD. The forum where everybody makes the same choices and then tells anybody trying to join the club that they are the stupidest motherfucker to ever walk the earth.
CorvetteWaxer
Senior Master Sirloin
Senior Master Sirloin
Drives: 1986 Hyundai Excel, 351C swap

max225 wrote: Wed Jan 24, 2018 2:28 pm
Johnny_P wrote: Wed Jan 24, 2018 2:24 pm

Right the new Wrangler actually has an interesting interior and I really like the exterior as well. So those are big plusses, I am sure it'll ride fine and work perfectly as a DD.

And the fact that I can take it pretty much anywhere without giving two fucks is a huge bonus.
Rain
Snow
Road Trip
Parking curbs

Is it as much fun as a 335i, it is different, certainly isn't fun in a driving sense. But it is a more relaxing and different experience.
Last night I was actually thinking about keeping the JKU for the wife and buying the JLU for myself and selling/trading the Camaro. Still kinda on my mind.
Apex
Drives: Abominable

CorvetteWaxer wrote: Wed Jan 24, 2018 2:44 pm

Rain
Snow
Road Trip
Parking curbs

Last night I was actually thinking about keeping the JKU for the wife and buying the JLU for myself and selling/trading the Camaro. Still kinda on my mind.
Procharged JLU? :fuckyeah:
max225

Rain
Snow
Road Trip
Parking curbs

Makes some sense... Any word from Adam yet ? I haven't started bothering him yet since I don't like to kick :225: 's until i am ready to go CASH IN HAND
max225

razr390 wrote: Wed Jan 24, 2018 2:29 pm I’d get the RCF. Enough performance when you need it but it’s comfortable and :aintcare: driving for days.

I wouldn’t downgrade for the sake of being cheap and :aintcare:

FFS if you really :waxer: and :aintcare: you’d get an S class.
I don't make over 400k a year... at that point S class makes sense.
Tar
Chief Master Sirloin
Chief Master Sirloin
Drives: Beige Family Sedan sans Dent

D Griff wrote:
max225 wrote: Wed Jan 24, 2018 11:20 am I love the viper. The main issue is it makes a shitty only car. And imo it is a forever vehicle also, since they sure as hell won’t make any more of em
Viper plus :turboyaris:

:micdrop:
Till the wheels fall off. =/= :plac: =/=
coogles
First Sirloin
First Sirloin
Drives: Hooptie Crotchfruit Carrier

That RCF. :jizz:
max225

I had a TDI+C5... IE the :scrooge: version of that combo. And guess what I completely stopped driving the C5... because the TDI was :aintcare: vs scrape central
MexicanYarisTK
Senior Master Sirloin
Senior Master Sirloin
Drives: An Okinowa Cruiseship
Location: 6 miles north of Sleepy Joes House & 5 miles from Bosphorus Channel

max225 wrote: Tue Jan 23, 2018 4:36 pm
MexicanYarisTK wrote: Tue Jan 23, 2018 3:03 pm

Damn, that's quite a loss.
Aint nobody buying coupes nowadays... :truk: or :jeep:
4 door for more whores. That's what I noticed with BMW's, I see lot less 4 series's on the road than 3 serious e92 coupes when they were about new.
Nephew of a :plac: a few first gen immigrant on DFD, resident turk, and ex nazi egg lover now driving a middle class mom mobile.
MexicanYarisTK
Senior Master Sirloin
Senior Master Sirloin

razr390 wrote: Wed Jan 24, 2018 2:18 pm :dat:

Get the Lexus and enjoy luxury, performance and :jimp: engine noises
and Toyota dependability on top of that.
Nephew of a :plac: a few first gen immigrant on DFD, resident turk, and ex nazi egg lover now driving a middle class mom mobile.
MexicanYarisTK
Senior Master Sirloin
Senior Master Sirloin

max225 wrote: Wed Jan 24, 2018 5:12 pm I had a TDI+C5... IE the :scrooge: version of that combo. And guess what I completely stopped driving the C5... because the TDI was :aintcare: vs scrape central
That's how i felt with Jetta loaners or the recent Camry rental, I felt like I met a girl from vacation that I know I'll never see again. I pretty much worry less than I do with the GTI, meaning avoiding potholes, slowing down for bumps (low life duh), etc.
max225

MexicanYarisTK wrote: Wed Jan 24, 2018 6:03 pm
max225 wrote: Tue Jan 23, 2018 4:36 pm

Aint nobody buying coupes nowadays... :truk: or :jeep:
4 door for more whores. That's what I noticed with BMW's, I see lot less 4 series's on the road than 3 serious e92 coupes when they were about new.
I don't get the argument for the 4 series.
1. It is more expensive
2. It doesn't perform any better
3. It doesn't weigh less
4. It costs more
5. It is LONGER
6. It has less doors.

Why on earth would anyone get the coupe version of the car when those are the stats.
MexicanYarisTK
Senior Master Sirloin
Senior Master Sirloin

max225 wrote: Wed Jan 24, 2018 6:15 pm
MexicanYarisTK wrote: Wed Jan 24, 2018 6:03 pm

I don't get the argument for the 4 series.
1. It is more expensive
2. It doesn't perform any better
3. It doesn't weigh less
4. It costs more
5. It is LONGER
6. It has less doors.

Why on earth would anyone get the coupe version of the car when those are the stats.
Obviously for people who don't care about those things that listed above, and cares more about the looks or perhaps the better imagery of it. :iono: I'd get 3 over 4 regardless
CorvetteWaxer
Senior Master Sirloin
Senior Master Sirloin
Drives: 1986 Hyundai Excel, 351C swap

max225 wrote: Wed Jan 24, 2018 2:51 pm

Makes some sense... Any word from Adam yet ? I haven't started bothering him yet since I don't like to kick :225: 's until i am ready to go CASH IN HAND
The AI is on me at the moment to go in and see him to work out the final details and place the order.
max225

CorvetteWaxer wrote: Wed Jan 24, 2018 7:43 pm
max225 wrote: Wed Jan 24, 2018 2:51 pm

The AI is on me at the moment to go in and see him to work out the final details and place the order.
That's like a 40 min drive for you there and 2 hrs to get home... what details are there to work out? Seems like a big time commitment to just shoot the shit at the :dillerman: I did everything via email with him until day of car pickup.

Give him the order have him send you the price via email. Then figure out if you need a deposit. Donezo. He honoring 5% under or no?

I can't seem to find any local JLs in stock. I want to drive one this weekend. I may not even like it... :iono:
max225

So my plan for this weekend is.
1. Honda Civic Sport :manuel:
2. JLU (if i can find one)
3. RC-F

Talk about a random ass shopping list.
D Griff
Trollistrator
Trollistrator
Drives: Bicycles/Two Feet

max225 wrote: Wed Jan 24, 2018 7:49 pm So my plan for this weekend is.
1. Honda Civic Sport :manuel:
2. JLU (if i can find one)
3. RC-F

Talk about a random ass shopping list.
:lolgasm:

Safe to say you're the only guy in the United States cross shopping those three :popcorn:

I think ultimately I endorse the :jeep: . It seems like it's a dream car for you, and I see where you're coming from about performance cars that aren't "a step further" (like a GTI) wouldn't be exciting. If you love the Jeep maybe add a fun car in a few years or :plac: and a performance car will be exciting again after time in the ox cart. Either way it will be fun. The JLU is cool.

You can afford it by all indications, just :doit: .