Kamry XSE impressions and further updates

Strut your greasy stuff!
max225
Chief Master Sirloin of the Wasteful Steak
Drives: Taco+ Bavarian lemon

Davestr wrote: Mon Mar 19, 2018 5:26 pm https://www.roadandtrack.com/new-cars/c ... -are-dead/

Article by Lambo RnD Chief
?hen he wants to get that purist mechanical feel, he hops in his 1966 Alfa Romeo Duetto, with a manual transmission and no servos in sight.
Makes a lot of sense. Ancient transmission tech simply can't keep up with todays engines. However obviously it can be enjoyed given the right circumstances.
max225

Davestr wrote: Mon Mar 19, 2018 5:26 pm https://www.roadandtrack.com/new-cars/c ... -are-dead/

Dave have you tried launch control? I am a bit scared to try it since the manual lists all kinds of warnings about it and basically states it accelerates wear on the car and shouldn't be used often.
Gberg2119
First Sirloin
First Sirloin
Drives: W///

max225 wrote: Mon Mar 19, 2018 5:50 pm

Dave have you tried launch control? I am a bit scared to try it since the manual lists all kinds of warnings about it and basically states it accelerates wear on the car and shouldn't be used often.
Of course it accelerates wear on the car. It's the same thing if you dumped the clutch on a :manuel:

:derp:
max225

Gberg2119 wrote: Mon Mar 19, 2018 8:05 pm

Of course it accelerates wear on the car. It's the same thing if you dumped the clutch on a :manuel:

:derp:
Except you can do it 300+ times in the DSG equipped cars without issue. I don't think the DCT is as staut.
max225

Picture of my rubber bands err tires. Before and after the rubber protectant. Not bad or shiny at all the iPhone takes shitty pics as of late

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Davestr
Senior Chief Patty Officer
Drives: 17 M2 14 M235

I have been tempted, but have not!
Davestr

max225 wrote: Tue Mar 20, 2018 1:12 am

Picture of my rubber bands err tires. Before and after the rubber protectant. Not bad or shiny at all the iPhone takes shitty pics as of late

Nice. Not too Fast nor too Furious!! Like the M2 :) :trollface:
max225

Curious how he says the Alfa is too "racy" and that it sucks 0-5-0 and holy shit at 10:13... he almost fell into a cliff.
Seems really similar to my Comp-package he keeps saying how the M3 is more refined... but a lot of similar "drawbacks" stiffness etc. Hmmm Not Matt's best work

Also Matt is in what is essentially my back yard. Such a terrible place to drive, such horrible roads, so many horrible texting drivers such horror.
Johnny_P
Drives: Blue short bus

max225 wrote: Tue Mar 20, 2018 1:41 am
Curious how he says the Alfa is too "racy" and that it sucks 0-5-0 and holy shit at 10:13... he almost fell into a cliff.
Seems really similar to my Comp-package he keeps saying how the M3 is more refined... but a lot of similar "drawbacks" stiffness etc. Hmmm Not Matt's best work

Also Matt is in what is essentially my back yard. Such a terrible place to drive, such horrible roads, so many horrible texting drivers such horror.
We've already established you live in :unicorn: land with great access to epic roads. The rest of the US is not like this.

Yeah I saw that episode and was super surprised that he almost put it into the woods on that one turn with terminal understeer. Car sounds great, trans sounds pretty good, brakes apparently suck, and slow speed apparently sucks which seems like it's mostly the fault of the brakes. Also, his car broke down on him. I really want to give FCA the benefit of the doubt on this car regarding build quality but every single god damn review of this vehicle mentions something that broke during the review period. That's a 100% NOPE from me.

I want to like the Giulia. But I'd take an M3 over the quadrifuglio.
Johnny_P

max225 wrote: Tue Mar 20, 2018 1:12 am Image

:wat: is rubber protectant?
max225

Johnny_P wrote: Tue Mar 20, 2018 8:21 am
max225 wrote: Tue Mar 20, 2018 1:12 am Image

:wat: is rubber protectant?
I don’t want to use tire shine but my tires and rubber discolor because I live in a land of 330/365 days of sunshine. So I wanted to bring back the black
Gberg2119
First Sirloin
First Sirloin
Drives: W///

max225 wrote:
Johnny_P wrote: Tue Mar 20, 2018 8:21 am :wat: is rubber protectant?
I don’t want to use tire shine but my tires and rubber discolor because I live in a land of 330/365 days of sunshine. So I wanted to bring back the black
What do you use? I hate the glossy look of tire shine. Matte black looks so much better.

Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk

max225

Gberg2119 wrote: Tue Mar 20, 2018 10:39 am
max225 wrote:
What do you use? I hate the glossy look of tire shine. Matte black looks so much better.

Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk
Tire Dressing Tire Protectant No Shine No Dirt Attracting Residue Natural  Satin/Matte Finish Aircraft Grade Rubber Conditioner Better than Automotive Products 16oz https://www.amazon.com/dp/B003VSATBI/re ... SAb75AT82M
Davestr

Max new stickers for his Valhalla M3 dominator!!

max225

Davestr wrote: Tue Mar 20, 2018 1:09 pm Max new stickers for his Valhalla M3 dominator!!

I really don't want to get pulled over in this thing. but only 2-5 seconds separate you from legal to non legal speeds in almost every place in this country.
Tar
Chief Master Sirloin
Chief Master Sirloin
Drives: Beige Family Sedan sans Dent

Davestr wrote:Max new stickers for his Valhalla M3 dominator!!

Thats a lot of Canada flags. Who is this asshole?
max225

Also I don't sticker and I plan on doing exactly 0 mods. Why? Because I am paying quite a bit of extra money for BMW to have done the mods for me, which they sure did a :fuckyeah: job with unlike some pimple faced tuner with a 10 year old laptop and a fast food addiction.
Johnny_P

max225 wrote: Tue Mar 20, 2018 1:21 pm Also I don't sticker and I plan on doing exactly 0 mods. Why? Because I am paying quite a bit of extra money for BMW to have done the mods for me, which they sure did a :fuckyeah: job with unlike some pimple faced tuner with a 10 year old laptop and a fast food addiction.
Not true, brah. A simple Hamburger tune would have turned your 335i into an M3 slayer. Factory engineers dude, they're idiots.
max225

Johnny_P wrote: Tue Mar 20, 2018 1:26 pm
max225 wrote: Tue Mar 20, 2018 1:21 pm Also I don't sticker and I plan on doing exactly 0 mods. Why? Because I am paying quite a bit of extra money for BMW to have done the mods for me, which they sure did a :fuckyeah: job with unlike some pimple faced tuner with a 10 year old laptop and a fast food addiction.
Not true, brah. A simple Hamburger tune would have turned your 335i into an M3 slayer. Factory engineers dude, they're idiots.
Here is what bmw did to the N55 that is found in the 335i/M2 to change it to the S55 in the M3/4 levels
a giant secondary air to water intercooler on top of the engine,
raised the revline 500,
installed a second turbo
revised camshaft
different valves
twin fuel pumps
But yea... a pimple faced dude with a fuel map gets to the same power in a matter of seconds and avoided warranty.
Davestr

max225 wrote: Tue Mar 20, 2018 1:20 pm
Davestr wrote: Tue Mar 20, 2018 1:09 pm Max new stickers for his Valhalla M3 dominator!!

I really don't want to get pulled over in this thing. but only 2-5 seconds separate you from legal to non legal speeds in almost every place in this country.
Just having a bit of fun bro :) :trollface:

Fully agree with your 'mod' stance. No need at all. Car works superbly!! Enjoy it!
Davestr

Tarspin wrote: Tue Mar 20, 2018 1:20 pm
Davestr wrote:Max new stickers for his Valhalla M3 dominator!!

Thats a lot of Canada flags. Who is this asshole?
A Canadian with a Lambo and a good sense of humor LOL
Johnny_P

:trollface:
Tar
Chief Master Sirloin
Chief Master Sirloin
Drives: Beige Family Sedan sans Dent

Davestr wrote:
Tarspin wrote: Tue Mar 20, 2018 1:20 pm Thats a lot of Canada flags. Who is this asshole?
More flags that a Canada day parade doe :-P

:jelly: I need more Lambo in my life!
Davestr

Tarspin wrote: Tue Mar 20, 2018 2:46 pm
Davestr wrote:
More flags that a Canada day parade doe :-P

:jelly: I need more Lambo in my life!
Dont we all!! :)
max225

I do wonder what other M3 CZP dude alternates with a 392k mile barge and actually enjoys the contrast ...