Davestr wrote: Sun Mar 18, 2018 3:52 pm
wap wrote: Sun Mar 18, 2018 3:43 pm

Nice Yellow Submarine reference: :like:
:lol:
:) Fun movie :)
One of my favorites!

:lolol:
:wap: Where are these mangos?
Detroit wrote: Fri Apr 16, 2021 1:19 pm I don't understand anything anymore.
Johnny_P
Chief Master Sirloin of the Wasteful Steak
Drives: Blue short bus

max225 wrote: Sun Mar 18, 2018 2:12 pm Apparently this car is at 430-450 whp and 410-440 wheel torque.

:mindblown:

roast dem tars, brah
Johnny_P

Nice detail shots dude! Love it.

Also TIL Max has a bicycle :mindblown: you should pop into the bike thread :megusta:
max225
Drives: Taco+ Bavarian lemon

Johnny_P wrote: Mon Mar 19, 2018 7:23 am Nice detail shots dude! Love it.

Also TIL Max has a bicycle :mindblown: you should pop into the bike thread :megusta:
What does TIL mean? I used to bike a fair amount but not for a bit.

Gys I drove the car through a tunnel at full throttle, :wub: :wub:
SAWCE
Command Chief Master Sirloin
Command Chief Master Sirloin
Drives: Ebombtra

max225 wrote: Mon Mar 19, 2018 12:43 pm

Today I learned..
ChrisoftheNorth
Drives: 4R

max225 wrote: Sun Mar 18, 2018 2:12 pm Apparently this car is at 430-450 whp and 410-440 wheel torque.

:notbad:

Camdalf
Desertbreh wrote: Tue Oct 10, 2017 6:40 pm My guess would be that Chris took some time off because he has read the dialogue on this page 1,345 times and decided to spend some of his free time doing something besides beating a horse to death.
Johnny_P

in 4 vid
max225

Detroit wrote: Mon Mar 19, 2018 12:45 pm

Camdalf
Same oil too 5w30 :gaydance:
max225

I have a couple vids... but wind noise is :disgust: What's the best way to capture it?
ChrisoftheNorth

max225 wrote: Mon Mar 19, 2018 12:51 pm
Detroit wrote: Mon Mar 19, 2018 12:45 pm

Camdalf
Same oil too 5w30 :gaydance:
:ohdang:
Desertbreh wrote: Tue Oct 10, 2017 6:40 pm My guess would be that Chris took some time off because he has read the dialogue on this page 1,345 times and decided to spend some of his free time doing something besides beating a horse to death.
max225

Just to re-iterate what I was talking about earlier. I LOVE this car, why you ask?
It feels special, special to drive, special to look at, special to sit in and it makes great noises. None of which my 335i did. I still can't believe how different this M3 is from the 335i. Might as well be a different brand of car. The drive is not comparable period. The 335 was probably a 3/7 and this thing is a full 5/7.

I am going to be incredibly spoiled after this, because short of a Ferrari or a Lamborghini I can't imagine anything better, period. And I can't afford any of that. The Older Lambo i drove was also not as good as this car, however, the F430 scuderia was damn good with better steering than this car.

The handling and raw limits of this car are just INSANE. Essentially can't reach them on city streets, you can take any turn at 2x the speed limit and the car just doesn't even sweat. The power is just immense as well. Hammer down nothing comes close that I have owned.

This is basically a race car for the street, and the rear seats fold down, it has space for 4 adults to sit comfortably, and it has a spacious trunk.

This car would be impossible to drive with a :manuel: for me, because it builds speed so fast that you can't keep up with the shifts and pay attention to the road etc. The dct allows you focus on more on the drive.

I love everything about it, everything... ! This is literally the first 5/7 vehicle I have ever owned.
This is also a car that I want to keep for 5+ years, so I'll be really sad when this lease is up....

Now you ask is this guy on drugs?Maybe. To point out some other things... Not everything is great...What could be improved?
1. Paint quality, this one is bizarre to me, the 335i had the best paint I have ever experienced, this car, however, seems to have thinner paint/clearcoat. There are a couple areas where the trunk closes where it semi etched itself into the bumper, etc.
2. Out of warranty maintenance costs. While the car says my brakes will last 100k miles in the front and 60k miles in the rear. I can't imagine how much a set of rotors will cost on this thing, coupled with a $1200 battery, and $350 a pop tires that last 25-30k miles tops this thing costs a small fortune to keep running.
3. Some of the tech gizmos are a bit much, I don't get the need for 6 transmission modes, and so far I can't tell the difference in steering from Sport/sport+, same goes for the suspension. Why make the modes if they are that close together.

That's it... everything else is near perfection.
ChrisoftheNorth

How's road noise and comfort for extended periods? Curious to see how you like living with it after 6-12 mos.
MexicanYarisTK
Senior Master Sirloin
Senior Master Sirloin
Drives: An Okinowa Cruiseship
Location: 6 miles north of Sleepy Joes House & 5 miles from Bosphorus Channel

max225 wrote: Sun Mar 18, 2018 3:11 am
MexicanYarisTK wrote: Sat Mar 17, 2018 6:31 pm

As someone we all know would say, SO SAD!!

I remember in golfmk6, this guy had an e39 540i (I think) then tried the f10 5 series, was :disappoint: then got a c7, then when he got an f80 m3, he claimed as great drivers car and just as good as e39 as far as handling, iirc.
E39? :lolgasm: a e46 m car was far better than any e39. Sadly those cars have epic engine issues as always with any m car
the guys words not mine.
Nephew of a :plac: a few first gen immigrant on DFD, resident turk, and ex nazi egg lover now driving a middle class mom mobile.
Davestr
Senior Chief Patty Officer
Drives: 17 M2 14 M235

All windows down right?? Grin on your face in Sport+maxsettings
dubshow
Senior Master Sirloin
Senior Master Sirloin
Drives: All of them

Oh look, still no jeeps
Apex
Drives: Abominable

dubshow wrote: Mon Mar 19, 2018 3:54 pm Oh look, still no jeeps
Johnny_P

max225 wrote: Mon Mar 19, 2018 2:19 pm Just to re-iterate what I was talking about earlier. I LOVE this car, why you ask?
It feels special, special to drive, special to look at, special to sit in and it makes great noises. None of which my 335i did. I still can't believe how different this M3 is from the 335i. Might as well be a different brand of car. The drive is not comparable period. The 335 was probably a 3/7 and this thing is a full 5/7.

I am going to be incredibly spoiled after this, because short of a Ferrari or a Lamborghini I can't imagine anything better, period. And I can't afford any of that. The Older Lambo i drove was also not as good as this car, however, the F430 scuderia was damn good with better steering than this car.

The handling and raw limits of this car are just INSANE. Essentially can't reach them on city streets, you can take any turn at 2x the speed limit and the car just doesn't even sweat. The power is just immense as well. Hammer down nothing comes close that I have owned.

This is basically a race car for the street, and the rear seats fold down, it has space for 4 adults to sit comfortably, and it has a spacious trunk.

This car would be impossible to drive with a :manuel: for me, because it builds speed so fast that you can't keep up with the shifts and pay attention to the road etc. The dct allows you focus on more on the drive.

I love everything about it, everything... ! This is literally the first 5/7 vehicle I have ever owned.
This is also a car that I want to keep for 5+ years, so I'll be really sad when this lease is up....

Now you ask is this guy on drugs?Maybe. To point out some other things... Not everything is great...What could be improved?
1. Paint quality, this one is bizarre to me, the 335i had the best paint I have ever experienced, this car, however, seems to have thinner paint/clearcoat. There are a couple areas where the trunk closes where it semi etched itself into the bumper, etc.
2. Out of warranty maintenance costs. While the car says my brakes will last 100k miles in the front and 60k miles in the rear. I can't imagine how much a set of rotors will cost on this thing, coupled with a $1200 battery, and $350 a pop tires that last 25-30k miles tops this thing costs a small fortune to keep running.
3. Some of the tech gizmos are a bit much, I don't get the need for 6 transmission modes, and so far I can't tell the difference in steering from Sport/sport+, same goes for the suspension. Why make the modes if they are that close together.

:fuckyeah:

Tar cost would come down with 18s or 19s for sure. Battery cost is :fullretard: because the dealer has to program it into the car :derp:

Sounds fucking awesome all around dude. I'm so jelly.
max225

Johnny_P wrote: Mon Mar 19, 2018 4:18 pm
max225 wrote: Mon Mar 19, 2018 2:19 pm Just to re-iterate what I was talking about earlier. I LOVE this car, why you ask?

:fuckyeah:

Tar cost would come down with 18s or 19s for sure. Battery cost is :fullretard: because the dealer has to program it into the car :derp:

Sounds fucking awesome all around dude. I'm so jelly.
No we're talking parts only... not the programming. The li-ion battery has a 1200-1500 list cost :fullretard: Thanks breh! Really really happy I made this move.
max225

The cost to own a 50k jeep for 2 years was comparable to this lease. Sorry but that shit is not worth it one bit. Soon they'll start leasing them and they'll be affordable used. Until I won't lose any sleep rolling around in this thing.

I am not going :fullretard: and spending 50k on a utilitarian vehicle.
max225

Detroit wrote: Mon Mar 19, 2018 3:05 pm How's road noise and comfort for extended periods? Curious to see how you like living with it after 6-12 mos.
Road noise is ok. It is not as quiet as say a lexus ES/RX but it is barely louder than my 335i which was above average quiet. Completely fine. Will post updates after 6-12 months, don't see much changing. Hitting potholes in this thing sucks though, no doubt about that.

I have never driven a car that handles/performs THIS good with that level of refinement. The blend of both is just second to none.
Davestr

--This car would be impossible to drive with a :manuel: for me, because it builds speed so fast that you can't keep up with the shifts and pay attention to the road etc. The dct allows you focus on more on the drive. -- Max today....god of the road...M3 ace

This is why manuals in powerful cars are not good. Per the Lambo chief engineer 2+ years ago and now Max above. You cannot put the power down with authority and without killing the clutch. You get to focus on what???????????????? Driving better......manuals are great in Honda's and GTIs...maybe an M2 but when you get over 400hp and even more TORQUE its a different world....
dubshow
Senior Master Sirloin
Senior Master Sirloin
Drives: All of them

max225 wrote: Mon Mar 19, 2018 4:27 pm
The cost to own a 50k jeep for 2 years was comparable to this lease. Sorry but that shit is not worth it one bit. Soon they'll start leasing them and they'll be affordable used. Until I won't lose any sleep rolling around in this thing.

then buy one of those sub $20k 2017 JKUs you preach about.
max225

dubshow wrote: Mon Mar 19, 2018 4:56 pm
max225 wrote: Mon Mar 19, 2018 4:27 pm

then by one of those sub $20k 2017 JKUs you preach about.
What the fuck are you talking about?
max225

Davestr wrote: Mon Mar 19, 2018 4:34 pm --This car would be impossible to drive with a :manuel: for me, because it builds speed so fast that you can't keep up with the shifts and pay attention to the road etc. The dct allows you focus on more on the drive. -- Max today....god of the road...M3 ace

This is why manuals in powerful cars are not good. Per the Lambo chief engineer 2+ years ago and now Max above. You cannot put the power down with authority and without killing the clutch. You get to focus on what???????????????? Driving better......manuals are great in Honda's and GTIs...maybe an M2 but when you get over 400hp and even more TORQUE its a different world....
Yep 100% true. the :manuel: in the Civic sport made a lot of sense. You really get to wring out the car and have some fun. I can't imagine doing the same in the M3, it is just too damn fast. 0-60 is in sub 4 seconds, the shifting would be very counterproductive at full throttle.
Davestr