Kamry XSE impressions and further updates

Strut your greasy stuff!
Johnny_P
Chief Master Sirloin of the Wasteful Steak
Drives: Blue short bus

Also. The German Camry now has a Camry dent :amazing:

:sad:
Last edited by Johnny_P on Tue Aug 15, 2017 4:30 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Johnny_P

Gberg2119 wrote: Tue Aug 15, 2017 4:27 pm
max225 wrote: Tue Aug 15, 2017 4:18 pm

All of this has been done. Insurance referred me to this bodyshop since they have some kind of gurantee with them. I actually know the shop etc, they seem good.

But we all know how this goes, they will fuck something up here and there. I just don't want to
1. Drive in a fucked up car like this for 2-4 weeks which is how long it'll take for them to assign fault.
2. Deal with some kind of issue at lease turn in... I am not sure if I am going to have to pay extra since they won't be able to CPO the car for sure. 3 owners +accident. :disgust:

So it also sounds like i'll have to cough up my deductible and then wait for it to come back if they deem the other party at fault.
Eh. I'd shy away from insurance recommended body shops. The only one who benefits from it is the insurance company.

Take it to the shop of your choosing. Insurance assigned blame on mine the next day and that was more questionable than this accident. This is pretty cut and dry.
I'd agree with :dat: but, it's a lease, so.... it's gone in 8 months or so anyway. The durability of the repair matters a bit less.
Desertbreh
Chief Master Sirloin
Chief Master Sirloin

max225 wrote: Tue Aug 15, 2017 2:49 pm Nigerian rear ended me and the Vietnamese guy in front of me :rage:

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
God damn are you and Elon Musk the only white people in the Pay Area?
Detroit wrote:Buy 911s instead of diamonds.
Johnny_P wrote: Thu Feb 09, 2023 3:21 pm Earn it and burn it, Val.
max225 wrote: Mon May 01, 2023 5:35 pm Yes it's a cool car. But prepare the lube/sawdust.
max225
Drives: Taco+ Bavarian lemon

Johnny_P wrote: Tue Aug 15, 2017 4:28 pm Also. The German Camry now has a Camry dent :amazing:

:sad:
It was also sandwiched between a CAMRY and a COROLLA go figure.
max225

Desertbreh wrote: Tue Aug 15, 2017 4:32 pm
max225 wrote: Tue Aug 15, 2017 2:49 pm Nigerian rear ended me and the Vietnamese guy in front of me :rage:

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
God damn are you and Elon Musk the only white people in the Pay Area?
Dude you know this... Yep.
max225

Johnny_P wrote: Tue Aug 15, 2017 4:29 pm
Gberg2119 wrote: Tue Aug 15, 2017 4:27 pm

Eh. I'd shy away from insurance recommended body shops. The only one who benefits from it is the insurance company.

Take it to the shop of your choosing. Insurance assigned blame on mine the next day and that was more questionable than this accident. This is pretty cut and dry.
I'd agree with :dat: but, it's a lease, so.... it's gone in 8 months or so anyway. The durability of the repair matters a bit less.
Yea :aintcare: as long as I can pass the lease turn in inspection.

I have never had a lease before so I am not sure what I am liable for at turn in. Like I don't want to get fucked at lease end. I will have to ask my adjuster about this.
Gberg2119
First Sirloin
First Sirloin
Drives: W///

max225 wrote: Tue Aug 15, 2017 4:34 pm
Johnny_P wrote: Tue Aug 15, 2017 4:29 pm

I have never had a lease before so I am not sure what I am liable for at turn in. Like I don't want to get fucked at lease end. I will have to ask my adjuster about this.
I'd still get it repaired at a BMW certified shop then. If it's repaired by them there's no way they should give you shit at lease turn in.
max225

Gberg2119 wrote: Tue Aug 15, 2017 4:39 pm
max225 wrote: Tue Aug 15, 2017 4:34 pm

I'd still get it repaired at a BMW certified shop then. If it's repaired by them there's no way they should give you shit at lease turn in.
Hmm... What about the fact that it was in an accident period. Honestly, I don't know how BMW is going to handle this car... it will very likely end up at auction and at some 3rd party dealer and not a :dillerman:
Johnny_P

max225 wrote: Tue Aug 15, 2017 4:40 pm

Hmm... What about the fact that it was in an accident period. Honestly, I don't know how BMW is going to handle this car... it will very likely end up at auction and at some 3rd party dealer and not a :dillerman:
Check your lease paperwork, you may have to report it to them immediately. They may have certain requirements on fixing it.
CorvetteWaxer
Senior Master Sirloin
Senior Master Sirloin
Drives: 1986 Hyundai Excel, 351C swap

dtraill27 wrote: Tue Aug 15, 2017 3:34 pm
Detroit wrote: Tue Aug 15, 2017 3:28 pm
Bet he's uninsured....

:triggered:
inb4 thread on immigrants
Well, I will just say that I am not surprised. The Bay Area is full of first gen immigrants and H1B Visa holders that don't have the slightest clue how to drive.
Johnny_P

CorvetteWaxer wrote: Tue Aug 15, 2017 4:46 pm
dtraill27 wrote: Tue Aug 15, 2017 3:34 pm

inb4 thread on immigrants
Well, I will just say that I am not surprised. The Bay Area is full of first gen immigrants and H1B Visa holders that don't have the slightest clue how to drive.
Philly has its share of special drivers too. I mostly let them duke it out in the fast lane and I cruise in the slow lane.
If a roadrager / drunk forum poster :iswydt: gets behind me in the city grid I pull over and let them go around, I ain't got time for that nonsense.
CorvetteWaxer
Senior Master Sirloin
Senior Master Sirloin

Johnny_P wrote: Tue Aug 15, 2017 4:53 pm
CorvetteWaxer wrote: Tue Aug 15, 2017 4:46 pm

Philly has its share of special drivers too. I mostly let them duke it out in the fast lane and I cruise in the slow lane.
If a roadrager / drunk forum poster :iswydt: gets behind me in the city grid I pull over and let them go around, I ain't got time for that nonsense.
I mostly do the same, but I have been known to stop in front of a Prius driver that hits me with their high beams. In fact I did one a couple weeks ago at 3am that held the high beams on and honked at me for passing at 65mph when they were doing 50 in a 55 zone and the lanes were closing to 1 lane. I didn't cut them off, there was about 500 yards more of the left lane after I passed... So, after the lanes merged, obviously I had to slam on the brakes so he almost nailed me, then I swung the door open and yelled "WHAT THE FUCK YOU FUCKING PIECE OF SHIT!?!?" as loud as I could and I think he shit himself. The last 5 miles on that road I never saw it's headlights again.

:lol:
Desertbreh
Chief Master Sirloin
Chief Master Sirloin

max225 wrote: Tue Aug 15, 2017 4:10 pm
Apex wrote: Tue Aug 15, 2017 4:07 pm Damn, sorry to see that Max. Hope the dude's insurance is legit and pays up for his fuckery.
The shitty part is ...
1. I don't want my shit to go up
2. No one told me who is at fault... (99% sure I am not but you never know)
3. Police report will take "Up to two weeks"
4. I have no info from the guy causing all the damage since he was fairly adamant he is not at fault blah blah, so I called the cops and let them get everyone's info. (which wasn't shared with me). So everything is up to the insurance company for now.

Party 1 (guy in front) and I have the same provider... so it'll be interesting.

Ugh this is annoying. I think i'll have to drive the crown vic for now... since I don't have rental coverage.
How in the fk is it not his fault? He was following so closely that he struck not only your car BUT THE FKING CAR IN FRONT OF YOU. Meanwhile, two other drivers DID NOT STRIKE THE VEHICLES IN FRONT OF THEM. WUT? It's Pay Area traffic brah. Keep a lookout and know the capability of your brakes and keep a distance accordingly. /story.
max225 wrote: Mon May 01, 2023 5:35 pm Yes it's a cool car. But prepare the lube/sawdust.
max225

Desertbreh wrote: Tue Aug 15, 2017 5:04 pm
max225 wrote: Tue Aug 15, 2017 4:10 pm

The shitty part is ...
1. I don't want my shit to go up
2. No one told me who is at fault... (99% sure I am not but you never know)
3. Police report will take "Up to two weeks"
4. I have no info from the guy causing all the damage since he was fairly adamant he is not at fault blah blah, so I called the cops and let them get everyone's info. (which wasn't shared with me). So everything is up to the insurance company for now.

Party 1 (guy in front) and I have the same provider... so it'll be interesting.

Ugh this is annoying. I think i'll have to drive the crown vic for now... since I don't have rental coverage.
How in the fk is it not his fault? He was following so closely that he struck not only your car BUT THE FKING CAR IN FRONT OF YOU. Meanwhile, two other drivers DID NOT STRIKE THE VEHICLES IN FRONT OF THEM. WUT? It's Pay Area traffic brah. Keep a lookout and know the capability of your brakes and keep a distance accordingly. /story.
He had an ENTIRE CAR LENGTH EXTRA to stop. Since I moved out of his way... but he panicked, clipped me full on rear ended the guy up front.
Desertbreh
Chief Master Sirloin
Chief Master Sirloin

max225 wrote: Tue Aug 15, 2017 5:08 pm
Desertbreh wrote: Tue Aug 15, 2017 5:04 pm

He had an ENTIRE CAR LENGTH EXTRA to stop. Since I moved out of his way... but he panicked, clipped me full on rear ended the guy up front.
You actually seem pretty calm about the whole thing, I am just SMH.
max225

2.09PM update. My insurance called; talked to their "investigator"

He seems to think it is pretty "cut and dry" case, and that I wouldn't be at fault and that my rates will not go up. However, they will have to identify the other guy (Nigerian) and get his info and go after him.

Meanwhile, I can also get re-embursed for a comparable car. IE Kia Soul, for when the BMW is getting fixed even though I do not have coverage for a rental, since they will likely go after the dudebro.

Ironically the Vietnamese guy in front of me has the same insurance, and he did get the Nigerians info, where I didn't want to get involved. I asked if he talked to him as well, and he said he'd have his own agent. :wtf:

Corporations... :rolleyes: .
Desertbreh
Chief Master Sirloin
Chief Master Sirloin

max225 wrote: Tue Aug 15, 2017 4:40 pm

Honestly it's totaled. Might as well light it aflame.
In all seriousness the lesson here is that for an urban commute in the era of Nigerian sleeper cell bros texting each other in POS ill maintained Japanese shitboxes, the lease offers a real advantage in :aintcare:
Desertbreh
Chief Master Sirloin
Chief Master Sirloin

max225 wrote: Tue Aug 15, 2017 5:14 pm 2.09PM update. My insurance called; talked to their "investigator"

He seems to think it is pretty "cut and dry" case, and that I wouldn't be at fault and that my rates will not go up. However, they will have to identify the other guy (Nigerian) and get his info and go after him.

Meanwhile, I can also get re-embursed for a comparable car. IE Kia Soul, for when the BMW is getting fixed even though I do not have coverage for a rental, since they will likely go after the dudebro.

Ironically the Vietnamese guy in front of me has the same insurance, and he did get the Nigerians info, where I didn't want to get involved. I asked if he talked to him as well, and he said he'd have his own agent. :wtf:

:lolgasm:
Desertbreh
Chief Master Sirloin
Chief Master Sirloin

I am mindful of the fact that the GS can stop A LOT shorter than a lot of cars, and that while I can come to a halt easily in most yellow light situations, it's probably to my advantage to mash the gas and get through a given intersection if I care about the Carfax on the precious.
max225

Desertbreh wrote: Tue Aug 15, 2017 5:17 pm
max225 wrote: Tue Aug 15, 2017 5:14 pm 2.09PM update. My insurance called; talked to their "investigator"

:lolgasm:
Well to be fair, I am kind of making fun of myself here, but I am assuming that is what is considered "midsize" since my car is a midsize...
max225

Desertbreh wrote: Tue Aug 15, 2017 5:19 pm I am mindful of the fact that the GS can stop A LOT shorter than a lot of cars, and that while I can come to a halt easily in most yellow light situations, it's probably to my advantage to mash the gas and get through a given intersection if I care about the Carfax on the precious.
Which is why I moved over and gave him an entire extra car length to stop. :disgust:

still got rammed by the :dedong: in the ass. Literally.
razr390
Command Chief Master Sirloin
Drives: MK7.5 on 87

BUILD THE WALL.
:doughnut: :narc: :doughnut:
Desertbreh wrote: Thu Oct 17, 2019 3:05 pm DFD. The forum where everybody makes the same choices and then tells anybody trying to join the club that they are the stupidest motherfucker to ever walk the earth.
razr390
Drives: MK7.5 on 87

Aren't you supposed to have the highest (or up there) insurance coverage for leases? As far as I know my parents have the highest insurance policy because of the leases.
:doughnut: :narc: :doughnut:
Desertbreh wrote: Thu Oct 17, 2019 3:05 pm DFD. The forum where everybody makes the same choices and then tells anybody trying to join the club that they are the stupidest motherfucker to ever walk the earth.
CorvetteWaxer
Senior Master Sirloin
Senior Master Sirloin

razr390 wrote: Tue Aug 15, 2017 6:02 pm Aren't you supposed to have the highest (or up there) insurance coverage for leases? As far as I know my parents have the highest insurance policy because of the leases.
Nah, not the highest, but good coverage with reasonable deductibles.

I think they said 100/300k coverage and $500 deductibles IIRC when I leased the m235i. My insurance was already better than that so no change in my policy.
max225

razr390 wrote: Tue Aug 15, 2017 6:02 pm Aren't you supposed to have the highest (or up there) insurance coverage for leases? As far as I know my parents have the highest insurance policy because of the leases.
I got half a mil. I mean there are 200k teslas everywhere, one 3 car pileup and you're done. However minimum collision is 5k for the poors. I'm pretty sure he will likely carry the minimum only.

:thanksobama: