Kamry XSE impressions and further updates

Strut your greasy stuff!
troyguitar
Command Chief Master Sirloin
Drives: Trek Domane

These are the ones I like, you can even take your pick between cloth and leather seats:

https://www.autotrader.com/cars-for-sal ... Code1=MUST

Could probably hunt for a private party one for $7500. Epic car for the money, would in some ways have been better for me than RX8 except it has terrible autox classing (competes heads-up with brand new Mustang GT, 2012 Boss 302, new Camaro SS, 2015 Camaro 1LE, and E92 M3 ZCP).
Last edited by troyguitar on Wed Feb 28, 2018 6:00 pm, edited 1 time in total.
MexicanYarisTK
Senior Master Sirloin
Senior Master Sirloin
Drives: An Okinowa Cruiseship
Location: 6 miles north of Sleepy Joes House & 5 miles from Bosphorus Channel

max225 wrote: Wed Feb 28, 2018 5:37 pm
MexicanYarisTK wrote: Wed Feb 28, 2018 5:21 pm since that frame lasts pretty much forever, but engine takes shit. Ellis or coyote swap or even an engine from a Marauder would make a badass sleeper.
Marauder engine isn't a simple swap. I have been in the ford modular world for 10+ years...

I actually almost bought a marauder at one point before the C5.... I test drove one ... but it doesn't fit in my garage. In retrospect, good thing I didn't get one... I can't get past the cop car styling either, and I don't want people to think i am posing as a Narc. These cars do have a stigma associated with them.

Engine hasn't taken a shit in nearly 400k miles, I'd say it is essentially forever in almost everyones eyes. I am more concerned about the trans... but both are very worn at this point.
I assumed that it might be easier compared to say like ellis, coyote, etc. since it is from essentially the same car.

But I also understood why people hate them too, but it does look old enough for people to know that it isn't a cop car anymore.
Nephew of a :plac: a few first gen immigrant on DFD, resident turk, and ex nazi egg lover now driving a middle class mom mobile.
max225
Chief Master Sirloin of the Wasteful Steak
Drives: Taco+ Bavarian lemon

troyguitar wrote: Wed Feb 28, 2018 6:00 pm These are the ones I like, you can even take your pick between cloth and leather seats:

Could probably hunt for a private party one for $7500. Epic car for the money, would in some ways have been better for me than RX8 except it has terrible autox classing (competes heads-up with brand new Mustang GT, 2012 Boss 302, new Camaro SS, 2015 Camaro 1LE, and E92 M3 ZCP).
:notbad: they are pretty stout little cars... I'd say they still have plenty of time left to be enjoyed. 5 speed auto and base worn out suspension tho... but with some nice wheels+tires+some suspension pieces they would be fun.
max225

MexicanYarisTK wrote: Wed Feb 28, 2018 6:15 pm
max225 wrote: Wed Feb 28, 2018 5:37 pm

Marauder engine isn't a simple swap. I have been in the ford modular world for 10+ years...

I actually almost bought a marauder at one point before the C5.... I test drove one ... but it doesn't fit in my garage. In retrospect, good thing I didn't get one... I can't get past the cop car styling either, and I don't want people to think i am posing as a Narc. These cars do have a stigma associated with them.

Engine hasn't taken a shit in nearly 400k miles, I'd say it is essentially forever in almost everyones eyes. I am more concerned about the trans... but both are very worn at this point.
I assumed that it might be easier compared to say like ellis, coyote, etc. since it is from essentially the same car.

But I also understood why people hate them too, but it does look old enough for people to know that it isn't a cop car anymore.
It is easier, but the entire fuel system has to be modified, and the DOHC engine is much bigger than the SOHC. I am not 100% sure that it actually fits under the hood. Also I am not sure that it makes that much more sense, they make similar torque, and power from 1000-3000rpm, which is where these cars basically live.

The SOHC is also more fuel efficient and much more reliable. The DOHC usually dies at 150-200k miles, whereas the SOHC goes 200-300k.
MexicanYarisTK
Senior Master Sirloin
Senior Master Sirloin
Drives: An Okinowa Cruiseship
Location: 6 miles north of Sleepy Joes House & 5 miles from Bosphorus Channel

max225 wrote: Wed Feb 28, 2018 6:23 pm
MexicanYarisTK wrote: Wed Feb 28, 2018 6:15 pm

It is easier, but the entire fuel system has to be modified, and the DOHC engine is much bigger than the SOHC. I am not 100% sure that it actually fits under the hood. Also I am not sure that it makes that much more sense, they make similar torque, and power from 1000-3000rpm, which is where these cars basically live.

The SOHC is also more fuel efficient and much more reliable. The DOHC usually dies at 150-200k miles, whereas the SOHC goes 200-300k.
Ok fair enough.
Nephew of a :plac: a few first gen immigrant on DFD, resident turk, and ex nazi egg lover now driving a middle class mom mobile.
Apex
Drives: Abominable

[user not found] wrote: Wed Feb 28, 2018 6:00 pm
D Griff wrote: Sun Feb 25, 2018 9:47 am

Thinks it's "one of the ugliest cars ever".
I just want a Crown Vic to prowl the highways in and part the seas.
Need a black charger on steelies for that these days.
troyguitar
Drives: Trek Domane

Apex wrote:
[user not found] wrote: Wed Feb 28, 2018 6:00 pm I just want a Crown Vic to prowl the highways in and part the seas.
Need a black charger on steelies for that these days.
:neek:

Around here the state cops use gray chargers, locals use white, black, blue, brown depending on the town.
max225

[user not found] wrote: Wed Feb 28, 2018 10:29 pm
troyguitar wrote: Wed Feb 28, 2018 10:02 pm :neek:

Around here the state cops use gray chargers, locals use white, black, blue, brown depending on the town.
I :member: when :neek: drove a :doge:
Who is that bald dude ? He certainly doesn't post around here.
max225

:mahtroy: luck part 3.

Sent my corrected "date" page in last wed. Called monday... didn't get it... called tuesday.. they said they got it and were "reviewing" a page with my signature and date.

Called today. :rage:
Person #1 told me they didn't receive it. :wtf:
Person #2 told me they didn't receive it, I :rage: 'ed and they went and found it... now they claim Peter Poon is missing info. They claim they told him yesterday ? :wtf: I contacted poon and he hasn't heard from them.

So... we continue to wait...
Last edited by max225 on Thu Mar 01, 2018 1:58 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Desertbreh
Chief Master Sirloin
Chief Master Sirloin

max225 wrote: Thu Mar 01, 2018 1:26 pm :mahtroy: luck part 3.

Send my corrected "date" page in last wed. Called monday... didn't get it... called tuesday.. they said they got it and were "reviewing" a page with my signature and date.

Person #2 told me they didn't receive it, I :rage: 'ed and they went and found it... now they claim Peter Poon is missing info. They claim they told him yesterday ? :wtf: I contacted poon and he hasn't heard from them.

WOW. At least Poon can't blame you for all of this :bs:
Detroit wrote:Buy 911s instead of diamonds.
Johnny_P wrote: Thu Feb 09, 2023 3:21 pm Earn it and burn it, Val.
max225 wrote: Mon May 01, 2023 5:35 pm Yes it's a cool car. But prepare the lube/sawdust.
max225

Update #2.
:fullretard: BMW said Poons account wasn't "current" even though his due date is 3/3 he paid it early today to get the process going... However he is leaving next tuesday for a week... so I hope that I can get this process over with more quickly.
Davestr
Senior Chief Patty Officer
Drives: 17 M2 14 M235

max225 wrote: Thu Mar 01, 2018 4:44 pm Update #2.
:fullretard: BMW said Poons account wasn't "current" even though his due date is 3/3 he paid it early today to get the process going... However he is leaving next tuesday for a week... so I hope that I can get this process over with more quickly.
:like:
Johnny_P
Drives: Blue short bus

Sent my corrected "date" page in last wed. Called monday... didn't get it... called tuesday.. they said they got it and were "reviewing" a page with my signature and date.

What in the actual hell is going on with this? Last transaction was rather smooth with BMW financial, no?

Ultimate leasing. :gag: Can [user not found] do the paperwork for you for a $20 spot? :fax: it to him and see if he can get it through to Munich?
max225

Johnny_P wrote: Fri Mar 02, 2018 8:51 am

What in the actual hell is going on with this? Last transaction was rather smooth with BMW financial, no?

Ultimate leasing. :gag: Can [user not found] do the paperwork for you for a $20 spot? :fax: it to him and see if he can get it through to Munich?
Last transaction took 2 weeks. This one is taking 3 with no end in sight.

They need all original shit. I can’t fax them anything. That’s the worst part
Johnny_P

max225 wrote: Fri Mar 02, 2018 11:48 am
Johnny_P wrote: Fri Mar 02, 2018 8:51 am

:rolleyes:
max225

Johnny_P wrote: Fri Mar 02, 2018 12:05 pm
max225 wrote: Fri Mar 02, 2018 11:48 am

called them today... they said to let poon know they need to talk to him about the payment.

:wtf: I dunno anymore... ima just step away maybe? I just kind of want to push this process, so I was going to call every day and check status since they don't say shit and just sit on it. It has been 3 weeks and he is leaving for another week in 4 days. I kind of want the car before then.
Johnny_P

max225 wrote: Fri Mar 02, 2018 12:52 pm
Johnny_P wrote: Fri Mar 02, 2018 12:05 pm

called them today... they said to let poon know they need to talk to him about the payment.

:wtf: I dunno anymore... ima just step away maybe? I just kind of want to push this process, so I was going to call every day and check status since they don't say shit and just sit on it. It has been 3 weeks and he is leaving for another week in 4 days. I kind of want the car before then.
Or, you know, THEY can talk to him about the payment... I'd just grab a lollipop, kick my feet up, and wait for the phone call that it's all done and ready to go. Tell Poonman if he wants to sell his car he's gotta make some calls and take this over the finish line because BMW ain't dealing with you on it.
max225

Johnny_P wrote: Fri Mar 02, 2018 1:10 pm
max225 wrote: Fri Mar 02, 2018 12:52 pm

Or, you know, THEY can talk to him about the payment... I'd just grab a lollipop, kick my feet up, and wait for the phone call that it's all done and ready to go. Tell Poonman if he wants to sell his car he's gotta make some calls and take this over the finish line because BMW ain't dealing with you on it.
He called them and they told him no issue... there is a serious lack of common sense over at BMW and the agents should be assigned to individual cases. That's the main issue. I get a different :derp: every time so it is groundhog day every time I call.
Davestr

max225 wrote: Fri Mar 02, 2018 1:14 pm
Johnny_P wrote: Fri Mar 02, 2018 1:10 pm

He called them and they told him no issue... there is a serious lack of common sense over at BMW and the agents should be assigned to individual cases. That's the main issue. I get a different :derp: every time so it is groundhog day every time I call.
I hope this gets worked out soon. Crazy. Its quite a simple deal these days.......hang in there!
max225

Davestr wrote: Fri Mar 02, 2018 1:37 pm
max225 wrote: Fri Mar 02, 2018 1:14 pm

I hope this gets worked out soon. Crazy. Its quite a simple deal these days.......hang in there!
I want the car by tuesday... I spent 1500 miles in a 390k mile vehicle and I am starting to like it... one more month of this and I'll cancel the tranfer :gaydance:
Johnny_P

max225 wrote: Fri Mar 02, 2018 1:43 pm

I want the car by tuesday... I spent 1500 miles in a 390k mile vehicle and I am starting to like it... one more month of this and I'll cancel the tranfer :gaydance:
Does the vic have a bench seat? Dat road head access doe :hubba:
Davestr

I certainly understand the limitations of time!! :like:
max225

Johnny_P wrote: Fri Mar 02, 2018 1:45 pm

Yep front bench couch seats. Supreme comfort...

I will be going from

Is there anyone else here doing this kind of insanity ?! :lol:
Johnny_P

Davestr wrote: Fri Mar 02, 2018 1:47 pm

I certainly understand the limitations of time!! :like:
Dave be like

Johnny_P

max225 wrote: Fri Mar 02, 2018 1:52 pm
Johnny_P wrote: Fri Mar 02, 2018 1:45 pm

Yep front bench couch seats. Supreme comfort...

I will be going from

Is there anyone else here doing this kind of insanity ?! :lol:
I LOVE COLUMN SHIFTERS