Kamry XSE impressions and further updates

Strut your greasy stuff!
max225
Chief Master Sirloin of the Wasteful Steak
Drives: Taco+ Bavarian lemon

Lease deals are going to be over soon. It will never be this cheap to "own" a 80k vehicle.
ChrisoftheNorth
Drives: 4R

max225 wrote: Mon Mar 05, 2018 4:16 pm
Detroit wrote: Mon Mar 05, 2018 2:37 pm
When your M3 is done, Jeep will be faced with the tough reality of selling 350k units/year for multiple years. :dill: s will be had.
The time to get a jeep will likely be over by then.

We're already at $3.50 a gallon for regular :troywax: the amount of money to "enjoy" the jeep is going to be prohibitive ... hopefully my income levels will remain where they are today so that I :aintcare: about such things but realities are hard to ignore... They are quite useless vehicles for my "needs" obviously my wants are a different story.

Adulting sucks.

I do really want a Rubicunt... just for the sake of crossing it off my to do list.
Depends what you're going to do with it. If you're actually going to go off into the wilderness and enjoy some exploring, it's worth the premium. If you just want to mall crawl, yea...I don't get why you'd want anything more than just a Sport.
Desertbreh wrote: Tue Oct 10, 2017 6:40 pm My guess would be that Chris took some time off because he has read the dialogue on this page 1,345 times and decided to spend some of his free time doing something besides beating a horse to death.
max225

Detroit wrote: Mon Mar 05, 2018 5:05 pm
max225 wrote: Mon Mar 05, 2018 4:16 pm

The time to get a jeep will likely be over by then.

We're already at $3.50 a gallon for regular :troywax: the amount of money to "enjoy" the jeep is going to be prohibitive ... hopefully my income levels will remain where they are today so that I :aintcare: about such things but realities are hard to ignore... They are quite useless vehicles for my "needs" obviously my wants are a different story.

Adulting sucks.

I do really want a Rubicunt... just for the sake of crossing it off my to do list.
Depends what you're going to do with it. If you're actually going to go off into the wilderness and enjoy some exploring, it's worth the premium. If you just want to mall crawl, yea...I don't get why you'd want anything more than just a Sport.
The upcharge for rubicon is recovered at end of use either way. So it doesn't cost anything extra to get the top of the line jeep, which comes with a much better looking hood, a superior suspension and epic tires/wheels.
ChrisoftheNorth

max225 wrote: Mon Mar 05, 2018 5:08 pm
Detroit wrote: Mon Mar 05, 2018 5:05 pm
The upcharge for rubicon is recovered at end of use either way. So it doesn't cost anything extra to get the top of the line jeep, which comes with a much better looking hood, a superior suspension and epic tires/wheels.
"Superior" suspension is completely dependent on use. My JKU Rubicon rode like shit on the road. Wheels/tires will be abundant for cheap on craigslist once the mall crawlers update to bro wheels.

But the residual value can't be ignored, sure. It's a badass truck. I've been seeing a ton of them around here, I totally get the want after sitting in one.
Desertbreh wrote: Tue Oct 10, 2017 6:40 pm My guess would be that Chris took some time off because he has read the dialogue on this page 1,345 times and decided to spend some of his free time doing something besides beating a horse to death.
max225

Detroit wrote: Mon Mar 05, 2018 5:11 pm
max225 wrote: Mon Mar 05, 2018 5:08 pm
"Superior" suspension is completely dependent on use. My JKU Rubicon rode like shit on the road. Wheels/tires will be abundant for cheap on craigslist once the mall crawlers update to bro wheels.

But the residual value can't be ignored, sure. It's a badass truck. I've been seeing a ton of them around here, I totally get the want after sitting in one.
I hear it rides better with the swaybars disconnected.

The bare bones Sport is lame inside, and requires modz on the outside. I want the better lights and stereo... and I want the 8.4 jew connect. None of which is available on the sport. :( I could care less about the other shit... but if you get it all back why not just get the " best" jeep.
My "ideal" jeep is a sahara mall crawl spec+A/T tires. But it costs pretty much the same as a rubicon... so why not.
I highly doubt I'll come anywhere near the capabilities it offers, but then again I'd be a :fullretard: if I did that on a 50k jeep. You'd come dangerously close to totalling it at every "event" And that's a huge risk.
ChrisoftheNorth

max225 wrote: Mon Mar 05, 2018 5:14 pm
Detroit wrote: Mon Mar 05, 2018 5:11 pm

The bare bones Sport is lame inside, and requires modz on the outside. I want the better lights and stereo... and I want the 8.4 jew connect. None of which is available on the sport. :( I could care less about the other shit... but if you get it all back why not just get the " best" jeep.
My "ideal" jeep is a sahara mall crawl spec+A/T tires. But it costs pretty much the same as a rubicon... so why not.
I highly doubt I'll come anywhere near the capabilities it offers, but then again I'd be a :fullretard: if I did that on a 50k jeep. You'd come dangerously close to totalling it at every "event" And that's a huge risk.
Swaybars disconnected at speed is :fullretard: Just no.

I didn't realize they neutered the Sport so bad. You used to be able to option up a Sport pretty nicely.

I wheeled my Rubicon nearly to its limit. I wheel my $45k ZR2 to its limit. Don't be an idiot and you won't total it. I ceramic coated the :truk: to avoid pinstripes from tree branches, and it's worked great at preventing damage. It's the whole point of having a vehicle like that. They're really a lot of fun offroad.
max225

Detroit wrote: Mon Mar 05, 2018 5:18 pm
max225 wrote: Mon Mar 05, 2018 5:14 pm

I didn't realize they neutered the Sport so bad. You used to be able to option up a Sport pretty nicely.

I wheeled my Rubicon nearly to its limit. I wheel my $45k ZR2 to its limit. Don't be an idiot and you won't total it. I ceramic coated the :truk: to avoid pinstripes from tree branches, and it's worked great at preventing damage. It's the whole point of having a vehicle like that. They're really a lot of fun offroad.
I dunno, the way I see it the limits are really really great, as in, couple of feet of water + major rock crawling that dings up the entire underside "protection" I don't think I'd be willing to partake in that.

I would love to softroad it quite a bit.

Like this wasn't wasn't even that "bad" yet he nearly tore off the rear bumper, and did a ton of underside damage as outlined in the next vid. Wheelin takes a huge toll on the vehicle.

ChrisoftheNorth

max225 wrote: Mon Mar 05, 2018 5:24 pm
Detroit wrote: Mon Mar 05, 2018 5:18 pm

I dunno, the way I see it the limits are really really great, as in, couple of feet of water + major rock crawling that dings up the entire underside "protection" I don't think I'd be willing to partake in that.

I would love to softroad it quite a bit.

Like this wasn't wasn't even that "bad" yet he nearly tore off the rear bumper, and did a ton of underside damage as outlined in the next vid. Wheelin takes a huge toll on the vehicle.

That rock shit he's doing is :fullretard: asking for problems.

Trails have different ratings. Pick one that's reasonable, go with people that know it, and work up from there. Don't just go to some scramble area like that and start climbing boulders like this moran. That's how you get into trouble...fast.

My truck has zero damage to it anywhere. There might be a scrape on the mid skid plate, but that's what it's there for. I stick to trails and am abundantly cautious with finding the right line. The challenge is fun.
max225

I am not going to claim I am an expert at off-roading, as it isn't something I do that often. I would like to do more, but I don't think it would be a lot of fun to go quite extreme as that's when things break and it becomes a crazy expensive hobby.

I also like to have a vehicle that has a lot of capability in reserve. This way it keeps the margin of safety to a greater extent.
I.E the extra ground clearance in the Rubi reduces the changes of fucking shit up even during lighter maneuvers. Also the tires wouldn't' encounter blow outs that I had on the JKU Sport. The regular tires are shit for dirt roads, ass rocks can puncture them :disgust:
wap
Drives: Blue Meanie

SAWCE wrote: Mon Mar 05, 2018 3:18 pm
max225 wrote: Mon Mar 05, 2018 2:37 pm
And starting myself in the process... No biggie, whats 120F in the shade when you're having fun.
AZN MK2's fake :tits: turn into hot air balloons and you float away to safety.
I lol'd
:wap: Where are these mangos?
Detroit wrote: Fri Apr 16, 2021 1:19 pm I don't understand anything anymore.
ChrisoftheNorth

max225 wrote: Mon Mar 05, 2018 5:33 pm I am not going to claim I am an expert at off-roading, as it isn't something I do that often. I would like to do more, but I don't think it would be a lot of fun to go quite extreme as that's when things break and it becomes a crazy expensive hobby.

I also like to have a vehicle that has a lot of capability in reserve. This way it keeps the margin of safety to a greater extent.
I.E the extra ground clearance in the Rubi reduces the changes of fucking shit up even during lighter maneuvers. Also the tires wouldn't' encounter blow outs that I had on the JKU Sport. The regular tires are shit for dirt roads, ass rocks can puncture them :disgust:
Breaking shit is :fullretard: and indeed no fun. You don't need to go that extreme to have fun. There's surprisingly challenging safe trails you can do especially with a Rubicon. The morans on Youtube or whatever push the limits to far for views and clicks.
max225

Detroit wrote: Mon Mar 05, 2018 6:17 pm
max225 wrote: Mon Mar 05, 2018 5:33 pm I am not going to claim I am an expert at off-roading, as it isn't something I do that often. I would like to do more, but I don't think it would be a lot of fun to go quite extreme as that's when things break and it becomes a crazy expensive hobby.

Breaking shit is :fullretard: and indeed no fun. You don't need to go that extreme to have fun. There's surprisingly challenging safe trails you can do especially with a Rubicon. The morans on Youtube or whatever push the limits to far for views and clicks.
For sure, I was just saying a sport would likely be "fine" for me as well, but I'd rather have the extra safety margin of the Rubicunt if I am going :fullretard: and buying a useless mall crawler as it doesn't cost me anything extra.
max225

$500 Nigerian Check came in!
Turn in date set for wed
Davestr
Senior Chief Patty Officer
Drives: 17 M2 14 M235

max225 wrote: Mon Mar 05, 2018 10:32 pm $500 Nigerian Check came in!
Turn in date set for wed
//More /////M ///Money!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :like: :like: :like:
Johnny_P
Drives: Blue short bus

max225 wrote: Mon Mar 05, 2018 10:32 pm $500 Nigerian Check came in!
Turn in date set for wed
max225

Drove the fake sport for the first time in 2 weeks, man it is a great car. So composed and nimble and dat powaaaa, all about that perspective. Driving a 400k yacht gives you quite a bit
Johnny_P

max225 wrote: Tue Mar 06, 2018 11:00 am Drove the fake sport for the first time in 2 weeks, man it is a great car. So composed and nimble and dat powaaaa, all about that perspective. Driving a 400k yacht gives you quite a bit
Is today the day you take delivery of the Poonmobile?
max225

Johnny_P wrote: Wed Mar 07, 2018 11:43 am
max225 wrote: Tue Mar 06, 2018 11:00 am Drove the fake sport for the first time in 2 weeks, man it is a great car. So composed and nimble and dat powaaaa, all about that perspective. Driving a 400k yacht gives you quite a bit
Nope... Today is turn in date for fake sports.
Davestr

max225 wrote: Wed Mar 07, 2018 12:10 pm
Johnny_P wrote: Wed Mar 07, 2018 11:43 am

Nope... Today is turn in date for fake sports.
Hide the tears. The ///MMMM will be here soon :)
max225

#readyforowner#4

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
max225

For anyone curious... here is some :math:

I "owned" the car for 16 months and 16,000 miles
My monthly payment inclusive of tax was $493
I spent $250 on tires, $500 on taking over the lease, and $350 on "lease end"

The original owner gave me $1000 to assume it.

My all in cost was exactly $499 a month, 0 on maintenance and 0 on repair for the car itself.
On top of that I paid ~100 in insurance and about $120 a month in gas.
All in cost is $720 a month.

:notbad: for a ~58k MSRP vehicle

Some :plac: math....

I also made $11,300 on the stocks that I bought with the money I took out of the vehices, that I used to have. $706 a month... so all in this transaction cost me $14 a month.
Davestr

max225 wrote: Wed Mar 07, 2018 6:17 pm For anyone curious... here is some :math:

My all in cost was exactly $499 a month, 0 on maintenance and 0 on repair for the car itself.

I also made $11,300 on the stocks that I bought with the money I took out of the vehices, that I used to have. $706 a month... so all in this transaction cost me $14 a month.
Time to start a website, write a book and sell you 'philosophy' to the POAD's. Why work when you can be worshipped as a guru and chill with Oprah :)
Johnny_P

max225 wrote: Wed Mar 07, 2018 4:06 pm Image

#readyforowner#4

Ultimate CPO machine

Was a good car overall
max225

Davestr wrote: Thu Mar 08, 2018 7:39 am
max225 wrote: Wed Mar 07, 2018 6:17 pm For anyone curious... here is some :math:

Time to start a website, write a book and sell you 'philosophy' to the POAD's. Why work when you can be worshipped as a guru and chill with Oprah :)
POAD are too busy playing 4 square at buy here pay here lots to do things that make actual sense for their financial situation
MexicanYarisTK
Senior Master Sirloin
Senior Master Sirloin
Drives: An Okinowa Cruiseship
Location: 6 miles north of Sleepy Joes House & 5 miles from Bosphorus Channel

I see the m33

Nephew of a :plac: a few first gen immigrant on DFD, resident turk, and ex nazi egg lover now driving a middle class mom mobile.