Kamry XSE impressions and further updates

Strut your greasy stuff!
wap
Chief Master Sirloin of the Wasteful Steak
Drives: Blue Meanie

Detroit wrote: Fri Mar 16, 2018 7:33 pm
max225 wrote: Fri Mar 16, 2018 5:38 pm

Can't find much to complain about... it is exactly what I wanted. Happy times. :gaydance:
Until next month.

:plac:
:ohslap:
:wap: Where are these mangos?
Detroit wrote: Fri Apr 16, 2021 1:19 pm I don't understand anything anymore.
max225
Drives: Taco+ Bavarian lemon

You guys interested in seeing pics of the tid bits of this car that make it special over a regular 3 series? There is quite a shocking amount actually, both cosmetic and functional.
ChrisoftheNorth
Drives: 4R

max225 wrote: Sat Mar 17, 2018 2:22 am You guys interested in seeing pics of the tid bits of this car that make it special over a regular 3 series? There is quite a shocking amount actually, both cosmetic and functional.
Yes!

The M cars are the only cars I consider to be true to BMW anymore. I will always love M3s and will live vicariously through you.
Desertbreh wrote: Tue Oct 10, 2017 6:40 pm My guess would be that Chris took some time off because he has read the dialogue on this page 1,345 times and decided to spend some of his free time doing something besides beating a horse to death.
max225

So this will be specific to the M and what makes it different from my 335i.

This thing is essentially what a tuner car should be, stiffer, lower, wider, tuned, better braking, better seats in a 3 series, but there are so many differences, all backed by a warranty, that I don't know why anyone would start modifying a 335i for 1000s BMW did a fucking 100% knockout job with this. As you all know I am a picky fucker who brings up all the positives and negatives in every car. I am having a really tough time with the negatives here.

Front aero, every single gill is functional, the one on the left is a brake cooling one the one on the right is for part of the intercooler

Good bulge :jizz: hood also has no sound insulation

This is actually functional and relieves air pressure from the wheel wells, it goes straight through. to the inside of the fender liner

Flared front fenders to allow for the :265: Michelin PSS. Also note the more aerodynamic mirror design, they are completely different from every other 3 series.

Small rear spoiler to provide downforce at speed. It is actually quite big since it caught a ton of water when I was washing the car. :285: s out back

The only other car that had it's THIC back fenders flared like that was my 370z :wub: its one of my favorite features of this car

Front calipers have ALUMINUM hats, (sorry about the dirt, I can't get my hands in there to clean it and the rotors immediately rusted after washing them)

Rear brakes also have aluminum hats and fixed calipers (2 piston) all other non ms have sliders

Dash has a 200MPH speedometer, a shift light above the tach as well as the variable redline which

The seats which hate fat guys... I am literally almost too big Image

Interior view, from this angle is mostly the same other than real carbon fiber specific to the M

These M buttons are epic, only come on M cars, you can preset your fav powertrain combo and at the push of a button you turn off TC/turn suspension into firm, make the trans shift fast etc. 1 button, set it and you're done. No need to fidget. Also note the much larger shifting paddles (made of metal)

The car has a Lithium Ion Battery in the trunk... The price of it is :mindblown: however $1200

M stitching on the seat belts

The carboner engine brace, giant intercooler with its own secondary cooling tank above the engine.
Fun fact this engine takes 5w30 and is one of the easiest engine oil changes you can do

Black quad tip exhaust that actually sounds great

Some of the things not pictured.
Carbon fiber driveshaft that saves 18lbs.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Last edited by max225 on Sat Mar 17, 2018 12:55 pm, edited 2 times in total.
max225

Also to list out what is the same just for shits and giggles.
1. Remote is the same no ///M remote
2. Hvac/all the interior electronics other than the dash are the same
3. trunk is the same (outside of the battery)
4. Exterior door handles
5. Lights seem the same to me. Although the coronas seem brighter, that may be a 2016 vs 2015 thing though.
6. Steering wheel is the same on M sport and M3

This car is bout 20k more (msrp) wise than the 335i, but it is literally nearly a completely different car.

I would say while this isn't an insignificant upcharge it is completely worth it. I have never seen that many differences between the regular and "performance" version of the vehicle and I came from essentially the "Grand sport to the Z06". Which is why I am assuming BMW gave it it's own chassis code F80 vs F30.
Last edited by max225 on Sat Mar 17, 2018 1:36 pm, edited 2 times in total.
ChrisoftheNorth
Drives: 4R

So fucking awesome. Legit :jelly:

Those thicc hips are so :jimp:

I also love stupid details like the M stitched belts. 5/7.
Desertbreh wrote: Tue Oct 10, 2017 6:40 pm My guess would be that Chris took some time off because he has read the dialogue on this page 1,345 times and decided to spend some of his free time doing something besides beating a horse to death.
Tar
Chief Master Sirloin
Chief Master Sirloin
Drives: Beige Family Sedan sans Dent

:mindblown:
Thats a damn fine car!
MexicanYarisTK
Senior Master Sirloin
Senior Master Sirloin
Drives: An Okinowa Cruiseship
Location: 6 miles north of Sleepy Joes House & 5 miles from Bosphorus Channel

the differences are :mindblown: congrats on the car, and you bet i'm jelly as fuck.
Nephew of a :plac: a few first gen immigrant on DFD, resident turk, and ex nazi egg lover now driving a middle class mom mobile.
Desertbreh
Chief Master Sirloin
Chief Master Sirloin

Pretty bad ass. Only thing I don't like about the car is the RAMZ. I wonder what it would look like on previous gen Competition Pack ramz.
Detroit wrote:Buy 911s instead of diamonds.
Johnny_P wrote: Thu Feb 09, 2023 3:21 pm Earn it and burn it, Val.
max225 wrote: Mon May 01, 2023 5:35 pm Yes it's a cool car. But prepare the lube/sawdust.
MexicanYarisTK
Senior Master Sirloin
Senior Master Sirloin
Drives: An Okinowa Cruiseship
Location: 6 miles north of Sleepy Joes House & 5 miles from Bosphorus Channel

Detroit wrote: Sat Mar 17, 2018 9:44 am
max225 wrote: Sat Mar 17, 2018 2:22 am You guys interested in seeing pics of the tid bits of this car that make it special over a regular 3 series? There is quite a shocking amount actually, both cosmetic and functional.
Yes!

The M cars are the only cars I consider to be true to BMW anymore. I will always love M3s and will live vicariously through you.
As someone we all know would say, SO SAD!!

I remember in golfmk6, this guy had an e39 540i (I think) then tried the f10 5 series, was :disappoint: then got a c7, then when he got an f80 m3, he claimed as great drivers car and just as good as e39 as far as handling, iirc.
Nephew of a :plac: a few first gen immigrant on DFD, resident turk, and ex nazi egg lover now driving a middle class mom mobile.
wap

:impressive:
max225

Desertbreh wrote: Sat Mar 17, 2018 5:20 pm Pretty bad ass. Only thing I don't like about the car is the RAMZ. I wonder what it would look like on previous gen Competition Pack ramz.
Even those are too big. The 18” base model ramz should be perfect I suppose. Supposedly the forged dubs are designed to work with the car doe.
max225

MexicanYarisTK wrote: Sat Mar 17, 2018 6:31 pm
Detroit wrote: Sat Mar 17, 2018 9:44 am
Yes!

As someone we all know would say, SO SAD!!

I remember in golfmk6, this guy had an e39 540i (I think) then tried the f10 5 series, was :disappoint: then got a c7, then when he got an f80 m3, he claimed as great drivers car and just as good as e39 as far as handling, iirc.
E39? :lolgasm: a e46 m car was far better than any e39. Sadly those cars have epic engine issues as always with any m car
Davestr
Senior Chief Patty Officer
Drives: 17 M2 14 M235

max225 wrote: Sat Mar 17, 2018 1:13 pm Also to list out what is the same just for shits and giggles.
4. Exterior door handles
5. Lights seem the same to me. Although the coronas seem brighter, that may be a 2016 vs 2015 thing though.

This car is bout 20k more (msrp) wise than the 335i, but it is literally nearly a completely different car.

I would say while this isn't an insignificant upcharge it is completely worth it. I have never seen that many differences between the regular and "performance" version of the vehicle and I came from essentially the "Grand sport to the Z06". Which is why I am assuming BMW gave it it's own chassis code F80 vs F30.
Nice listing. And you didnt even address the MOTOR in that car. Mine is modded N55 with M4 internals. M2 is basically an M4 under the body - DCT/Diff/Brakes etc. Oil cooling in ALL M's is crazy. Check all the coolers you have man. Oil temp is NOT an issues in any ///////MMMMMMMMM car today. Zero.

Glad you are happy. All new cars are a risk with us 'enthusiasts' and in the US test drives AINT long enough to address how you REALLY will like it. Well done. Keep up the posting man....
max225

Davestr wrote: Sun Mar 18, 2018 8:15 am
max225 wrote: Sat Mar 17, 2018 1:13 pm Also to list out what is the same just for shits and giggles.
4. Exterior door handles

Nice listing. And you didnt even address the MOTOR in that car. Mine is modded N55 with M4 internals. M2 is basically an M4 under the body - DCT/Diff/Brakes etc. Oil cooling in ALL M's is crazy. Check all the coolers you have man. Oil temp is NOT an issues in any ///////MMMMMMMMM car today. Zero.

Glad you are happy. All new cars are a risk with us 'enthusiasts' and in the US test drives AINT long enough to address how you REALLY will like it. Well done. Keep up the posting man....
I am actually curious, can you look at your brakes to see if they have the same aluminum hats ?
Does the m2 also have a Li ion battery? Cf driveshaft ? Cf roof ?
Also the s55 is quite different from the n.

I love the m2 doe, it has a great price point. I may go that route as the m3 is certainly going to cost a fortune to
Keep running outside of the warranty
Last edited by max225 on Sun Mar 18, 2018 10:45 am, edited 1 time in total.
Davestr

max225 wrote: Sun Mar 18, 2018 10:26 am
Davestr wrote: Sun Mar 18, 2018 8:15 am

I am actually curious, can you look at your brakes to see if they have the same aluminum hats ?

I love the m2 doe, it has a great price point
All M2 data here listing the M3/4 parts used. In glorious detail LOL - http://www.bimmerfile.com/2016/02/22/bi ... he-bmw-m2/
Last edited by Davestr on Sun Mar 18, 2018 10:55 am, edited 1 time in total.
max225

Davestr wrote: Sun Mar 18, 2018 10:30 am
max225 wrote: Sun Mar 18, 2018 10:26 am

I love the m2 doe, it has a great price point
Looks sameskie
Curious, how do you keep them so clean ?
Davestr

max225 wrote: Sun Mar 18, 2018 10:33 am
Davestr wrote: Sun Mar 18, 2018 10:30 am

Looks sameskie
Weekly cleaning and daily driving keeps the rust off the discs of course. Here is the M2 tech specs in detail with what they have onboard from the big boy M3/4.

http://www.bimmerfile.com/2016/02/22/bi ... he-bmw-m2/
max225

Davestr wrote: Sun Mar 18, 2018 10:56 am
max225 wrote: Sun Mar 18, 2018 10:33 am
Looks sameskie
Weekly cleaning and daily driving keeps the rust off the discs of course. Here is the M2 tech specs in detail with what they have onboard from the big boy M3/4.

I think the rust is crazy, must be the compound in the pads, more metal than ceramic. How do you reach the hats though to get the brake dust off?

It is interesting to see how bmw postioned the m2. Makes a lot of sense. Hope you’re enjoying the car!
Davestr

max225 wrote: Sun Mar 18, 2018 11:06 am
Davestr wrote: Sun Mar 18, 2018 10:56 am

I think the rust is crazy, must be the compound in the pads, more metal than ceramic. How do you reach the hats though to get the brake dust off?

It is interesting to see how bmw postioned the m2. Makes a lot of sense. Hope you’re enjoying the car!
I spray them good with the Zonax wheel cleaner and use a small brush around the wheel and caliper/hat. I think its just the regular cleaning. Ive not coated them or anything too OCD lol :)

Do love the little blue meanie that it is. Its got some personality and the exhaust note is nice. M4 brakes on a smaller package - whats not to like. Enough power to be quick but not 'overwhelm' the chassis. Proven motor with some nice upgrades to handle the extra power and torque. For the lower M they did a nice job of incorporating the good and proven items from the M3/4 packages = motor, suspension and brakes. Last Friday had 3 different individuals compliment me on the car, at the dealer, the gas station and car wash. All mentioned the color as well. The Long Beach Blue seems to have a positive impression!!
max225

Davestr wrote: Sun Mar 18, 2018 1:23 pm

I spray them good with the Zonax wheel cleaner and use a small brush around the wheel and caliper/hat. I think its just the regular cleaning. Ive not coated them or anything too OCD lol :)

Do love the little blue meanie that it is. Its got some personality and the exhaust note is nice. M4 brakes on a smaller package - whats not to like. Enough power to be quick but not 'overwhelm' the chassis. Proven motor with some nice upgrades to handle the extra power and torque. For the lower M they did a nice job of incorporating the good and proven items from the M3/4 packages = motor, suspension and brakes. Last Friday had 3 different individuals compliment me on the car, at the dealer, the gas station and car wash. All mentioned the color as well. The Long Beach Blue seems to have a positive impression!!
Yas! In a world of shitty hatchbacks the m2 is a bright and shining star. It’s the last time to truly enjoy gasoline powered vehicles 5/7! 0 rugrats
max225

Apparently this car is at 430-450 whp and 410-440 wheel torque.

:mindblown:
Davestr

max225 wrote: Sun Mar 18, 2018 1:44 pm

Yas! In a world of shitty hatchbacks the m2 is a bright and shining star. It’s the last time to truly enjoy gasoline powered vehicles 5/7! 0 rugrats
A-fkn-men!!
wap

Nice Yellow Submarine reference: :like:
:lol:
Davestr

wap wrote: Sun Mar 18, 2018 3:43 pm

Nice Yellow Submarine reference: :like:
:lol:
:) Fun movie :)