Strut your greasy stuff!
Johnny_P
Chief Master Sirloin of the Wasteful Steak
Drives: Blue short bus

Tarspin wrote: Wed Dec 06, 2017 10:09 am
Johnny_P wrote:My fog lights arrived from Japan last night. :fuckyeah:
:fuckyeah: , love da modzz.
Gonna have to have a talk with Harry. Overnighting them wasn't effective.
Johnny_P

Also almost 5k miles. Need to make :dillerman: appointment for check up, oil change, and fix rear deck rattle. They have a TSB for it, might as well let them play with plastic clips and felt tape.

Not burning any oil. Nothing notable on the dip stick. Car drives great. Absolutely nothing wrong with it. This thing is a tank compared to my GTI.
Johnny_P

I don't think it needs anything else really. Thought about doing an F1 style center brake light because cabbies in this city are retards. So are most Uber drivers, who are just converted cabbies.

Would be worth a few scene points at least :iono:

Tune is still something I'd like to do. But that's debatable if necessary, especially because all I really care about is adjusting the throttle.

I want to get el dento taken care of. I get really annoyed looking at that every day. I would benefit from installing a bike rack so maybe I'll do that next spring. Especially for when I get a new bike, they all have through axles and are heavier so taking the wheel off and shoving it in the trunk will be more of a problem. I think with some clear vinyl I can avoid paint destruction from the rack feet. Still not sure why Subaru omitted rack mounts for the WRX. That was a fucking stupid move and they lost out on a lot of very profitable accessory sales.

The car truly is fantastic.
Apex
Drives: Abominable

Johnny_P wrote: Wed Dec 06, 2017 10:20 am I don't think it needs anything else really. Thought about doing an F1 style center brake light because cabbies in this city are retards. So are most Uber drivers, who are just converted cabbies.

Tune is still something I'd like to do. But that's debatable if necessary, especially because all I really care about is adjusting the throttle.

I want to get el dento taken care of. I get really annoyed looking at that every day. I would benefit from installing a bike rack so maybe I'll do that next spring. Especially for when I get a new bike, they all have through axles and are heavier so taking the wheel off and shoving it in the trunk will be more of a problem. I think with some clear vinyl I can avoid paint destruction from the rack feet. Still not sure why Subaru omitted rack mounts for the WRX. That was a fucking stupid move and they lost out on a lot of very profitable accessory sales.

:yeahok: on the bolded.

I like that third brake light. If it's not :waxer: I'd do it.
Johnny_P

Apex wrote: Wed Dec 06, 2017 10:22 am
Johnny_P wrote: Wed Dec 06, 2017 10:20 am I don't think it needs anything else really. Thought about doing an F1 style center brake light because cabbies in this city are retards. So are most Uber drivers, who are just converted cabbies.

$170 ish. Kind of :waxer:
Apex

Johnny_P wrote: Wed Dec 06, 2017 10:44 am
Apex wrote: Wed Dec 06, 2017 10:22 am

Ehhhhhhh, :notsure: if I'd spend that kind of coin on it.
Johnny_P

Apex wrote: Wed Dec 06, 2017 10:53 am
Johnny_P wrote: Wed Dec 06, 2017 10:44 am
Ehhhhhhh, :notsure: if I'd spend that kind of coin on it.
Same thoughts here.
Gberg2119
First Sirloin
First Sirloin
Drives: W///

I think the car is good the way it is. I'd do just :tints: and the bike rack.

Third brake light seems kinda pointless and I'd only do a tune for more powah but then it's opening up a can of worms. I would never do that :plac: method of e-tuning or whatever the hell it's called.
Johnny_P

Gberg2119 wrote: Wed Dec 06, 2017 11:34 am I think the car is good the way it is. I'd do just :tints: and the bike rack.

Third brake light seems kinda pointless and I'd only do a tune for more powah but then it's opening up a can of worms. I would never do that :plac: method of e-tuning or whatever the hell it's called.
I'm not mail order tuning this car. It would get a full dyno tune if I decide to go that route. IAG and Precision Tuning are not far away at all.
max225
Drives: Taco+ Bavarian lemon

Johnny_P wrote: Wed Dec 06, 2017 11:53 am
Gberg2119 wrote: Wed Dec 06, 2017 11:34 am I think the car is good the way it is. I'd do just :tints: and the bike rack.

I'm not mail order tuning this car. It would get a full dyno tune if I decide to go that route. IAG and Precision Tuning are not far away at all.
Don’t do it breh ... don’t start the vape juice
Johnny_P

max225 wrote: Wed Dec 06, 2017 12:12 pm

Don’t do it breh ... don’t start the vape juice
lol
It's badass as-is.
Tar
Chief Master Sirloin
Chief Master Sirloin
Drives: Beige Family Sedan sans Dent

Same scene points as led tails? Seems like a bargain IMO
coogles
First Sirloin
First Sirloin
Drives: Hooptie Crotchfruit Carrier

/picture

100%. WTF were they thinking?

I bought my car thinking it didn't have rack mounts, but then I saw a post on iwsti.com where some of the later 2017s had rack mounts underneath the rain gutter trim. Popped off the trim on the passenger side and what do you know, there they are! :fuckyeah: 2018s have the mounts totally integrated and I guess you can get the trim off the '18s, but they're going to be $140 shipped. :dillerman: wanted $95 each. :dafuq:

I should probably have a bike to throw up there before I think about getting the trim & bars, doe. :notsure:
coogles
First Sirloin
First Sirloin

:doit:
Johnny_P

coogles wrote: Thu Dec 07, 2017 9:21 am

/picture

I bought my car thinking it didn't have rack mounts, but then I saw a post on iwsti.com where some of the later 2017s had rack mounts underneath the rain gutter trim. Popped off the trim on the passenger side and what do you know, there they are! :fuckyeah: 2018s have the mounts totally integrated and I guess you can get the trim off the '18s, but they're going to be $140 shipped. :dillerman: wanted $95 each. :dafuq:

I should probably have a bike to throw up there before I think about getting the trim & bars, doe. :notsure:
Wait srsly? Really? How you pop the trim off and check?! If it has rack mounts I'll buy a rack today.
coogles
First Sirloin
First Sirloin

Johnny_P wrote: Thu Dec 07, 2017 9:47 am Wait srsly? Really? How you pop the trim off and check?! If it has rack mounts I'll buy a rack today.
I took an interior trim lever (though anything not sharp would probably work - butter knife?), placed it between the trim and the weather stripping at the top of the windshield, pried up and the trim popped off quite easily. The guy said it's only later '17s that have the mounts under there, but this is what you're looking for -

Johnny_P

coogles wrote: Thu Dec 07, 2017 10:04 am
Johnny_P wrote: Thu Dec 07, 2017 9:47 am Wait srsly? Really? How you pop the trim off and check?! If it has rack mounts I'll buy a rack today.
I took an interior trim lever (though anything not sharp would probably work - butter knife?), placed it between the trim and the weather stripping at the top of the windshield, pried up and the trim popped off quite easily. The guy said it's only later '17s that have the mounts under there, but this is what you're looking for -

Will check, thanks
D Griff
Trollistrator
Trollistrator
Drives: Bicycles/Two Feet

coogles wrote: Thu Dec 07, 2017 9:21 am

/picture

:nope:

Bike rack sans bike is most scene points.
max225
Drives: Taco+ Bavarian lemon

Fking wrong kind of rack talk :disgust:
Apex

max225 wrote: Fri Dec 08, 2017 11:48 am Fking wrong kind of rack talk :disgust:
:lolol:

:tits:
goIftdibrad
Chief Master Soft Brain
Chief Master Soft Brain
Drives: straight past the apex

Apex wrote: Fri Dec 08, 2017 11:49 am
max225 wrote: Fri Dec 08, 2017 11:48 am Fking wrong kind of rack talk :disgust:
:lolol:

:tits:
brain go brrrrrr
Johnny_P

In 4 more rack pics
Johnny_P

Car doesn’t have mount points. Bah.
Apex

Johnny_P wrote: Fri Dec 08, 2017 12:16 pm Car doesn’t have mount points. Bah.
:gay:
Gberg2119
First Sirloin
First Sirloin
Drives: W///

Johnny_P wrote:Car doesn’t have mount points. Bah.
:disappoint:

Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk