Johnny_P's Street Parking Palooza

Strut your greasy stuff!
Johnny_P
Chief Master Sirloin of the Wasteful Steak
Drives: Blue short bus

max225 wrote: Fri Jan 26, 2018 6:58 pm
Johnny_P wrote: Fri Jan 26, 2018 6:49 pm Car rolled over 5k miles today. Had it’s first oil change last week. Absolutely nothing wrong with it. No unscheduled trips to dealership. Nothing broken.

Hit 110 MPH over by the airport. This thing pulls so hard at speed it’s awesome. And it’s very stable at speed too. I love this car. So much fun to brap around in.
Man you drive so little... that's :impressive: i drove 5k in the last 2 months.
Really only drive it to/from work and then it stays parked all weekend :iono: I walk everywhere in the city.

I only ever did 10k/year one time, when I was dating a girl who lived in Atlantic City area, and then moved to DC, and I was traveling there every other weekend or so. I think if I had a 4Runner or Jeep or something similar aintcare like, that I'd actually drive it more or at least on longer trips to go explore places. Maybe. IDK. Would depend if the doggie gets car sick in it or not. She's barfed in my car and barfed in the Tiguan like 3 times. So maybe she just hates all cars.
razr390
Command Chief Master Sirloin
Command Chief Master Sirloin
Drives: MK7.5 on 87

Gonna go out for a drive. Get the car warmed up since i barely drive if
:doughnut: :narc: :doughnut:
Desertbreh wrote: Thu Oct 17, 2019 3:05 pm DFD. The forum where everybody makes the same choices and then tells anybody trying to join the club that they are the stupidest motherfucker to ever walk the earth.
Johnny_P

5500 miles today. Car is fine, nothing is broken. Developing some panel buzzing here and there. Might go away once it warms up.

Raining this morning so I turned the nanny systems off and went into full race mode :stig: Gunned it while turning right at an intersection by the stadiums and got some dorifto. Man I love this damn thing. It's such a hilariously stupid car.

I do wish it had a more compliant suspension. I don't find it rough necessarily but it's bouncy at low city speeds and doesn't have much travel so the car gets thrown around a bit on bad pavement. Hardly ever bottoms out which is impressive af but the ride is certainly busy whereas the GF's Tiguan just plows over bullshit with some head toss but that's it. The Tiggy bottoms out more doe.

I also wish the throttle were a little easier to use at low speeds. However, the super sensitive throttle plays into how stupid easy it is to rev match down shifts so I'm torn on that. The bouncy suspension mixed with a not very firm bottom seat cushion and a hair trigger throttle make going over rough pavement interesting. I basically just coast over it because of how much I'll bounce around, if I had my foot near the throttle it would cause jerking and surging because I can't maintain it constant enough over bad stuff.

I should clarify that when you're going flat out the suspension is totally fine. Clearly tuned for higher speed impacts. Highways are fine as well IMO aside from road noise which is to be expected in a car like this.

I still love it.
coogles
First Sirloin
First Sirloin
Drives: Hooptie Crotchfruit Carrier

Johnny_P wrote: Tue Mar 13, 2018 9:36 am 5500 miles today. Car is fine, nothing is broken. Developing some panel buzzing here and there. Might go away once it warms up.

Raining this morning so I turned the nanny systems off and went into full race mode :stig: Gunned it while turning right at an intersection by the stadiums and got some dorifto. Man I love this damn thing. It's such a hilariously stupid car.

I do wish it had a more compliant suspension. I don't find it rough necessarily but it's bouncy at low city speeds and doesn't have much travel so the car gets thrown around a bit on bad pavement. Hardly ever bottoms out which is impressive af but the ride is certainly busy whereas the GF's Tiguan just plows over bullshit with some head toss but that's it. The Tiggy bottoms out more doe.

I also wish the throttle were a little easier to use at low speeds. However, the super sensitive throttle plays into how stupid easy it is to rev match down shifts so I'm torn on that. The bouncy suspension mixed with a not very firm bottom seat cushion and a hair trigger throttle make going over rough pavement interesting. I basically just coast over it because of how much I'll bounce around, if I had my foot near the throttle it would cause jerking and surging because I can't maintain it constant enough over bad stuff.

I should clarify that when you're going flat out the suspension is totally fine. Clearly tuned for higher speed impacts. Highways are fine as well IMO aside from road noise which is to be expected in a car like this.

I still love it.
:dat:

:fuckyeah:
Johnny_P

coogles wrote: Tue Mar 13, 2018 10:05 am
Johnny_P wrote: Tue Mar 13, 2018 9:36 am :whocares:

How long did the :dillerman: take to fix your rear deck? Leave the car with them for the day? That's got to be 99% of the buzzing in the car, lol.
coogles
First Sirloin
First Sirloin

Johnny_P wrote: Tue Mar 13, 2018 10:42 am
coogles wrote: Tue Mar 13, 2018 10:05 am

How long did the :dillerman: take to fix your rear deck? Leave the car with them for the day? That's got to be 99% of the buzzing in the car, lol.
I waited, only took an hour at most.
coogles
First Sirloin
First Sirloin

Double post.
max225
Drives: Taco+ Bavarian lemon

Johnny_P wrote: Tue Mar 13, 2018 9:36 am 5500 miles today. Car is fine, nothing is broken. Developing some panel buzzing here and there. Might go away once it warms up.

I still love it.
If only you actually drove it ;)
Johnny_P

max225 wrote: Tue Mar 13, 2018 11:45 am

I still love it.
:dat: need to take it on some road trips for fun
Apex
Drives: Abominable

[user not found] wrote: Tue Mar 13, 2018 11:46 am
max225 wrote: Tue Mar 13, 2018 11:45 am

Need some PA backroads :stig: sessions.

Thoon.
:yesth:

You guys can witness the fun of loading :baby: thru the hatch. :lol:
Johnny_P

Apex wrote: Tue Mar 13, 2018 12:20 pm
[user not found] wrote: Tue Mar 13, 2018 11:46 am

Need some PA backroads :stig: sessions.

Thoon.
:yesth:

You guys can witness the fun of loading :baby: thru the hatch. :lol:
:impressive:
Johnny_P

:spinulator:
max225

Johnny_P wrote: Wed Mar 21, 2018 7:10 pm Image

Great pic. Man it has been a really crazy winter for all it seems. It feels like December out here, the east coast still covered in snow.

Thanks AL GORE to all this GLOBAL WARMING.
Tar
Chief Master Sirloin
Chief Master Sirloin
Drives: Beige Family Sedan sans Dent

max225 wrote:

Great pic. Man it has been a really crazy winter for all it seems. It feels like December out here, the east coast still covered in snow.

Meanwhile in Canada....
max225

They STOLE YOUR WINTER!

:lolgasm:
Johnny_P

Tarspin wrote: Wed Mar 21, 2018 7:29 pm
max225 wrote:

Meanwhile in Canada....
Oh wow :amazing: we stole all your cold air

To be fair this is the first snow storm this winter that wasn't totally :jalepenis: This winter has been very mild even by Philly standards.
Gberg2119
First Sirloin
First Sirloin
Drives: W///

Where's that lot at? I've wanted to do that so bad. Lots by me have too many obstacles.
Calvinball
Drives: Pumpkin, Hellcat edition

Johnny_P wrote:
Tarspin wrote: Wed Mar 21, 2018 7:29 pm Meanwhile in Canada....

To be fair this is the first snow storm this winter that wasn't totally :jalepenis: This winter has been very mild even by Philly standards.
Been lucky with the snow/rain line. Up here my Christmas present snowblower has been very appreciated.

Sent from the Beer Depository
:therapist:
Johnny_P

Gberg2119 wrote: Wed Mar 21, 2018 7:57 pm Where's that lot at? I've wanted to do that so bad. Lots by me have too many obstacles.
Down by the stadiums next to the Linc
wap
Drives: Blue Meanie

:fuckyeah: :stig:
:wap: Where are these mangos?
Detroit wrote: Fri Apr 16, 2021 1:19 pm I don't understand anything anymore.
Tar
Chief Master Sirloin
Chief Master Sirloin
Drives: Beige Family Sedan sans Dent

Johnny_P wrote:
Tarspin wrote: Wed Mar 21, 2018 7:29 pm Meanwhile in Canada....

Ours have been :jalepenis: for the most part this year too. We had a couple of good dumps but hopefully it's all above freezing moving forward.
Johnny_P

Washed my summer rams for the first time EVER yesterday.

Holy God :mindblown: at the amount of brake dust on them. They clean now though. Hoping to swap the wheels and wash her today after work.

:csb:
ChrisoftheNorth
Drives: 4R

Johnny_P wrote: Thu Apr 26, 2018 9:29 am Washed my summer rams for the first time EVER yesterday.

Holy God :mindblown: at the amount of brake dust on them. They clean now though. Hoping to swap the wheels and wash her today after work.

:csb:
inb4zil :triggered:
Desertbreh wrote: Tue Oct 10, 2017 6:40 pm My guess would be that Chris took some time off because he has read the dialogue on this page 1,345 times and decided to spend some of his free time doing something besides beating a horse to death.
Johnny_P

[user not found] wrote: Thu Apr 26, 2018 9:45 am
Detroit wrote: Thu Apr 26, 2018 9:36 am
He cleaned it, why would I be :triggered: ?

I'd be :triggered: if he showed up to the PDRBQ with a still-filthy car.
I only cleaned the rams doe.
I'll clean the car I think. Hoping I can get a decent street spot after work.
ChrisoftheNorth
Drives: 4R

[user not found] wrote: Thu Apr 26, 2018 9:45 am
Detroit wrote: Thu Apr 26, 2018 9:36 am
He cleaned it, why would I be :triggered: ?

I'd be :triggered: if he showed up to the PDRBQ with a still-filthy car.
Would you go a year without cleaning your rams at all?
Desertbreh wrote: Tue Oct 10, 2017 6:40 pm My guess would be that Chris took some time off because he has read the dialogue on this page 1,345 times and decided to spend some of his free time doing something besides beating a horse to death.