Johnny_P's Street Parking Palooza

Strut your greasy stuff!
coogles
First Sirloin
First Sirloin
Drives: Hooptie Crotchfruit Carrier

I mean I'd love to swap my xi3s for some PA4s, but no one's going to buy these tires, even at 9/32".
Apex
Chief Master Sirloin of the Wasteful Steak
Drives: Abominable

max225
Drives: Taco+ Bavarian lemon

interesting... Basic bitch wheels but otherwise nice spec.

Blue is pretty rare on these....

Reliability seems really good on the 2013+ models in particular. No carboners till at least 100k and everything else fairly solid too.
Tar
Chief Master Sirloin
Chief Master Sirloin
Drives: Beige Family Sedan sans Dent

Johnny_P
Drives: Blue short bus

coogles wrote: Thu Nov 30, 2017 4:18 pm
Johnny_P wrote: Thu Nov 30, 2017 3:32 pm

Well, I'll probably end up with a pair of stock take-offs to be honest. Something used and cheaper, and throw the tires on those. They don't make PA4's in 17". Pirelli does have Sottozero's in 235/45-17 though. I think it'll be easier to offload the tires as a set with rams though.
Buying just used tires is for the poors. Buying a complete setup is totally okay, though.

No idea why, that's just the way it is. :lolol:
:dat:
troyguitar
Command Chief Master Sirloin
Drives: Trek Domane

Johnny_P wrote: Thu Nov 30, 2017 3:52 pm
I'll do something like this in the spring. We'll see what's available from the forumbrehs regarding OEM take-offs or something. I'll get $600 for these now or next october, may as well ride it out another winter.
That's where I'm sitting. The winter tarz on the Vibe are terrible for KY "winter" (typically wet and 30-50F) but they're worthless on resale so I'm using them for at least this winter if not next winter as well. I might even go with a :scrooge: year-round all season set starting in the spring since it's a $2500 car at this point. I'm getting tired of spending money and time on car shit.
Johnny_P

:notbad: but does this solve the tire problem? :popcorn:
BO sound system on that one. Nice.
Curiously I think the S5 looks great but the S4 looks boring. IDK why.
Johnny_P

coogles wrote: Thu Nov 30, 2017 4:29 pm I mean I'd love to swap my xi3s for some PA4s, but no one's going to buy these tires, even at 9/32".
Yeah it's rather :waxer: to swap tires just because you don't like them.
Gberg2119
First Sirloin
First Sirloin
Drives: W///

Johnny_P wrote: Thu Nov 30, 2017 5:22 pm
coogles wrote: Thu Nov 30, 2017 4:29 pm I mean I'd love to swap my xi3s for some PA4s, but no one's going to buy these tires, even at 9/32".
Yeah it's rather :waxer: to swap tires just because you don't like them.
I had no problem selling my PSS. People will buy winter tarz too.
wap
Drives: Blue Meanie

Apex wrote: Thu Nov 30, 2017 1:13 pm
Johnny_P wrote: Thu Nov 30, 2017 1:12 pm

That’s why I picked these. But they suffer the same forum fap fest group think problem the Conti DWS tires do. Those tires fucking blow too but people jizz over them. Figured I couldn’t go wrong with Michelin. Figured wrong.
Verdict: Forum fap fests favor flexy sidewalls.
dat alliteration :amazing:
:wap: Where are these mangos?
Detroit wrote: Fri Apr 16, 2021 1:19 pm I don't understand anything anymore.
Desertbreh
Chief Master Sirloin
Chief Master Sirloin

Johnny_P wrote: Thu Nov 30, 2017 1:58 pm
troyguitar wrote: Thu Nov 30, 2017 1:30 pm You bought the best studless snow/ice tires. That's the compromise required to achieve that... they aren't made for dry or warm conditions. This is your own fault for buying the wrong tool.
I never said it wasn't my fault? I bought what I thought was the right tool for the job. Winter tires for winter conditions. I should have bought all season tires with actual dry traction as that's what I drive on through 99% of the winter. Once again I followed forumbreh fap fests and tirerack reviews and was led down the wrong path.
You're an idiot Johnny. Let us know when you've pulled the nails out of your hands and feet.
Detroit wrote:Buy 911s instead of diamonds.
Johnny_P wrote: Thu Feb 09, 2023 3:21 pm Earn it and burn it, Val.
max225 wrote: Mon May 01, 2023 5:35 pm Yes it's a cool car. But prepare the lube/sawdust.
Desertbreh
Chief Master Sirloin
Chief Master Sirloin

Johnny_P wrote: Thu Nov 30, 2017 2:05 pm
max225 wrote: Thu Nov 30, 2017 1:34 pm

I kind of agree with :mahtroy: on this... buying snow tires and bitching about traction in good weather seems a bit :fullretard: they are not meant for that.
Sounds like you would be better off with no seasons...
Is your guy's weather THAT bad? I mean A/S out here go through most snow conditions especially with AWD.

Snow tires are for Сибирь, Canuckistan and Alaska.
I posted that the winter tires were a mistake after having them for 2 weeks, :member: ? Then I was met with an onslaught of promo videos and angry posts claiming that all seasons would have made me run over small children uncontrollably at the first sight of a snow flake or ice. Problem is I bought into the whole forum groupthink of winter tires are mandatory for winter use, and if I'm buying a second set of wheels anyway may as well get winters.

I'm bitching about traction because you take a turn at any speed and it's met with understeer and sliding. I've never had a tire this bad for normal driving conditions.

I should have purchased good all season tires. There's zero need for winter tires in the Philly region, especially considering how bad winter tires are when temps get over 40F. Philly only dips below 40 for like 2 months total out of the year. I drive on snow/ice conditions MAYBE 4 times a winter. Buying winter tires is not at all necessary for that. The reality is all seasons cope with a much larger temperature range and are more useful in varying conditions while still having some ability to drive safely on snow.
LOL. Think about the death count in 1966 before real tread compounds and driving with halogen bulbs. The slaughter was like a Tyson plant.
Detroit wrote:Buy 911s instead of diamonds.
Johnny_P wrote: Thu Feb 09, 2023 3:21 pm Earn it and burn it, Val.
max225 wrote: Mon May 01, 2023 5:35 pm Yes it's a cool car. But prepare the lube/sawdust.
Apex

Johnny_P wrote: Thu Nov 30, 2017 5:20 pm
:bruh: AWD solves all tire problems. :science: :trollface:
max225
Drives: Taco+ Bavarian lemon

Desertbreh wrote: Thu Nov 30, 2017 7:42 pm

I posted that the winter tires were a mistake after having them for 2 weeks, :member: ? Then I was met with an onslaught of promo videos and angry posts claiming that all seasons would have made me run over small children uncontrollably at the first sight of a snow flake or ice. Problem is I bought into the whole forum groupthink of winter tires are mandatory for winter use, and if I'm buying a second set of wheels anyway may as well get winters.

I'm bitching about traction because you take a turn at any speed and it's met with understeer and sliding. I've never had a tire this bad for normal driving conditions.

I should have purchased good all season tires. There's zero need for winter tires in the Philly region, especially considering how bad winter tires are when temps get over 40F. Philly only dips below 40 for like 2 months total out of the year. I drive on snow/ice conditions MAYBE 4 times a winter. Buying winter tires is not at all necessary for that. The reality is all seasons cope with a much larger temperature range and are more useful in varying conditions while still having some ability to drive safely on snow.
LOL. Think about the death count in 1966 before real tread compounds and driving with halogen bulbs. The slaughter was like a Tyson plant.
It actually was... most cars were RWD, and absolutely 0 fucks when it comes to safety.

You were 4-5x as likely to die... but dem roaring 20s doe. :gaydance: dem real men...
Johnny_P

:lolol:

The struggle was real for sure.
Johnny_P

Apex wrote: Thu Nov 30, 2017 8:36 pm
Johnny_P wrote: Thu Nov 30, 2017 5:20 pm

:bruh: AWD solves all tire problems. :science: :trollface:
It certainly makes up for some tire shortcomings, that's for sure. Magic diffs got some serious action this morning taking that turn into the plant at 35 MPH :disgust:
Johnny_P

max225 wrote: Thu Nov 30, 2017 8:38 pm

It actually was... most cars were RWD, and absolutely 0 fucks when it comes to safety.

You were 4-5x as likely to die... but dem roaring 20s doe. :gaydance: dem real men...
This dyno chart is fake news, lines don't cross at 5252 :notsure:
Apex

Johnny_P wrote: Thu Nov 30, 2017 8:58 pm

:lolol:
wap
Drives: Blue Meanie

Johnny_P wrote: Thu Nov 30, 2017 8:58 pm

Lulz
:wap: Where are these mangos?
Detroit wrote: Fri Apr 16, 2021 1:19 pm I don't understand anything anymore.
Johnny_P

troyguitar

I hate that place but I still post there. :derp:
Johnny_P

[user not found] wrote: Thu Nov 30, 2017 10:46 pm
troyguitar wrote: Thu Nov 30, 2017 10:31 pm I hate that place but I still post there. :derp:
I stumble upon your posts when scanning the threads from time on TCL. I'm like, damn, sounds like... oh, yup. It's :mahtroy:
I DO THAT TOO :lolol:
troyguitar

I do the same with you clowns. :fullretard:
goIftdibrad
Chief Master Soft Brain
Chief Master Soft Brain
Drives: straight past the apex

I never was a TCL guy.

VWvortex has really gone to the shitter. Used to be good info, organised threads, etc but the people that run it dont know how to make a fucking backup and people got tired of posting the same shit
brain go brrrrrr
Johnny_P

Big Brain Bradley wrote: Fri Dec 01, 2017 7:42 am I never was a TCL guy.

VWvortex has really gone to the shitter. Used to be good info, organised threads, etc but the people that run it dont know how to make a fucking backup and people got tired of posting the same shit
They seem to have good info on new vehicles coming out. It's got a decent group of people that will repost insider type information from other forums, and multiple forums have a plug into TCL, so it ends up being a good repository for that sort of thing.

But yeah tons of morons on Vortex in general. I never stray out of the one TCL subforum.