Johnny_P's Street Parking Palooza

Strut your greasy stuff!
max225
Chief Master Sirloin of the Wasteful Steak
Drives: Taco+ Bavarian lemon

I am a bit shocked that a Mercedes is on average is more reliable than a Chevy and a Ford in the first year. Same goes for a BMW.
ChrisoftheNorth
Drives: 4R

max225 wrote: Tue Aug 15, 2017 5:25 pm I am a bit shocked that a Mercedes is on average is more reliable than a Chevy and a Ford in the first year. Same goes for a BMW.
Remember, these are all customer surveys...so buyer perception is the name of the game. The usually break out mainstream and luxury for this reason. I'm surprised they didn't.
Desertbreh wrote: Tue Oct 10, 2017 6:40 pm My guess would be that Chris took some time off because he has read the dialogue on this page 1,345 times and decided to spend some of his free time doing something besides beating a horse to death.
max225
Drives: Taco+ Bavarian lemon

Detroit wrote: Tue Aug 15, 2017 8:10 pm
max225 wrote: Tue Aug 15, 2017 5:25 pm I am a bit shocked that a Mercedes is on average is more reliable than a Chevy and a Ford in the first year. Same goes for a BMW.
Remember, these are all customer surveys...so buyer perception is the name of the game. The usually break out mainstream and luxury for this reason. I'm surprised they didn't.
Plenty of issues to be had in new cars, like Jewtooth connectivity issues, actual issues like fluid leaks etc etc.

Both the AZNs Merc and my BMW had 0 combined issues in the last year. The odd part is... my VW already had issues at that point, and her Civic also.

:mindblown:
ChrisoftheNorth

max225 wrote: Tue Aug 15, 2017 8:32 pm
Plenty of issues to be had in new cars, like Jewtooth connectivity issues, actual issues like fluid leaks etc etc.

Both the AZNs Merc and my BMW had 0 combined issues in the last year. The odd part is... my VW already had issues at that point, and her Civic also.

I honestly think that new cars are getting so good that issues just aren't likely a thing for the first few years of ownershit. ANY brand. IQS has been the standard for most OEMs for a decade now, and we're starting the reap the benefits. We'll see how that translates to long term durability, but I think it'll be ok.

Stupid things like bluetooth connectivity, loud window switches, etc are just a reflection on the :derp: of a customer base but continue because JDPA needs to justify its existence while cars are getting too good.
Desertbreh wrote: Tue Oct 10, 2017 6:40 pm My guess would be that Chris took some time off because he has read the dialogue on this page 1,345 times and decided to spend some of his free time doing something besides beating a horse to death.
Johnny_P
Drives: Blue short bus

max225 wrote: Tue Aug 15, 2017 8:32 pm

Good news for both. I love me some C Class.
rockchops
Meat Patty 1st Class
Meat Patty 1st Class

max225 wrote:
Detroit wrote: Tue Aug 15, 2017 8:10 pm Remember, these are all customer surveys...so buyer perception is the name of the game. The usually break out mainstream and luxury for this reason. I'm surprised they didn't.

At this point im all about design. New c class is :jimp: but old one is meh. They all have their problems, but get shaken out. Bmw never been great at interior and electronics imo.

My bmw was a total fucking mess in 2012, idrive, trans, ecu, console control units (the knob) computers all needed replaced. Under warranty, 6 weeks in shop. Feel bad for the person who bought it after I sold it (And lost 10 grand, yikes). New Year for the N55 and it had a VANOS recall too. E82 had been out a while. God I loved that car.

Our volvo has been a pleasure so far and I don't drive the Saturn so no idea if that's any good.
Johnny_P

:wub:
Johnny_P

rockchops wrote: Wed Aug 16, 2017 12:02 am
max225 wrote:

At this point im all about design. New c class is :jimp: but old one is meh. They all have their problems, but get shaken out. Bmw never been great at interior and electronics imo.

My bmw was a total fucking mess in 2012, idrive, trans, ecu, console control units (the knob) computers all needed replaced. Under warranty, 6 weeks in shop. Feel bad for the person who bought it after I sold it (And lost 10 grand, yikes). New Year for the N55 and it had a VANOS recall too. E82 had been out a while. God I loved that car.

Our volvo has been a pleasure so far and I don't drive the Saturn so no idea if that's any good.
I really do love the C Class. Luxury car done right. I wouldn't mind owning one of those next, wonder how they hold up in the long term. Haven't heard much bad about them.
dtraill27
Chief Patty Officer
Chief Patty Officer
Drives: 17 Mazda 6

Dealer plate frame? :gag:
Johnny_P

dtraill27 wrote: Thu Aug 17, 2017 8:15 am Dealer plate frame? :gag:
I like the look with a plate frame :iono:
Hasn't been washed either.
dtraill27
Chief Patty Officer
Chief Patty Officer

Other than the wheels you can't even tell its dirty. Do want
ChrisoftheNorth

Johnny_P wrote: Thu Aug 17, 2017 8:38 am
dtraill27 wrote: Thu Aug 17, 2017 8:15 am Dealer plate frame? :gag:
I fucking hate advertising for :dillerman:

Though, I do leave the :dillerman: plate frame on the Volt because they're service is so :mindblown:
Johnny_P

Detroit wrote: Thu Aug 17, 2017 8:50 am
Johnny_P wrote: Thu Aug 17, 2017 8:38 am
I fucking hate advertising for :dillerman:

Though, I do leave the :dillerman: plate frame on the Volt because they're service is so :mindblown:
I had an awesome experience at Liberty so :iono: ??
Sold me the car at Costco discount price no issues despite not being a Costco dealer, gave me exactly what I wanted for my trade, no games at all, no bullshit, I was out of that showroom in literally 30 minutes with the keys to the STI.
Johnny_P

dtraill27 wrote: Thu Aug 17, 2017 8:48 am Other than the wheels you can't even tell its dirty. Do want
Camera trickery. It's really dirty. Needs a detail, and some PDR/touch up work on that door. I need to make an appointment for that before winter. Wondering if ceramic coat is worth it or not, unsure how much that would add to a detail job. I was figuring $3-400 all in.
coogles
First Sirloin
First Sirloin
Drives: Hooptie Crotchfruit Carrier

Johnny_P wrote: Thu Aug 17, 2017 8:55 am
dtraill27 wrote: Thu Aug 17, 2017 8:48 am Other than the wheels you can't even tell its dirty. Do want
Camera trickery. It's really dirty. Needs a detail, and some PDR/touch up work on that door. I need to make an appointment for that before winter. Wondering if ceramic coat is worth it or not, unsure how much that would add to a detail job. I was figuring $3-400 all in.
Oh dude, ceramic coating is so worth it. Having a great coating on the car makes the car so easy to clean.

Paying someone else to do a full correction and then top with a ceramic coating will probably cost you at least $500. A couple hundred for a basic correction, then $300-$600 depending on how many layers of coating you want.

https://www.autocleansolutions.com/services <- for example.
Gberg2119
First Sirloin
First Sirloin
Drives: W///

I thought the correction plus ceramic coating was close to or more than $1k. If it's only a few hundred maybe I'll do it. You be the guinea pig for detailers around here johnny!

Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk

coogles
First Sirloin
First Sirloin

Gberg2119 wrote: Thu Aug 17, 2017 9:48 am I thought the correction plus ceramic coating was close to or more than $1k. If it's only a few hundred maybe I'll do it. You be the guinea pig for detailers around here johnny!

DIY? It's not hard. I got 3 coats of Mohs out of one bottle.

https://www.detailersdomain.com/product ... 0ml-1-69oz

Sign up for their e-mails and you'll get 15% off your first order. It's worth signing up for, the pretty much only e-mail when they have sales or their mystery boxes available.
Johnny_P

coogles wrote: Thu Aug 17, 2017 9:44 am
Johnny_P wrote: Thu Aug 17, 2017 8:55 am

Oh dude, ceramic coating is so worth it. Having a great coating on the car makes the car so easy to clean.

Paying someone else to do a full correction and then top with a ceramic coating will probably cost you at least $500. A couple hundred for a basic correction, then $300-$600 depending on how many layers of coating you want.

https://www.autocleansolutions.com/services <- for example.
Problem is, if rain won't "clean" it then it's not worth the cost for me to do it. I can't exactly wash my car anywhere that isn't a scratch and swirl $5 special. The closest DIY cleaning bays are like 45 mins away and ain't nobody got time for that.
Johnny_P

Gberg2119 wrote: Thu Aug 17, 2017 9:48 am I thought the correction plus ceramic coating was close to or more than $1k. If it's only a few hundred maybe I'll do it. You be the guinea pig for detailers around here johnny!

$1k to clean a car :derp: :nope:
dtraill27
Chief Patty Officer
Chief Patty Officer

https://www.detail-lab.com/services

Looks like ceramic coating is $900 from street road 420s boy
Johnny_P

dtraill27 wrote: Thu Aug 17, 2017 10:50 am https://www.detail-lab.com/services

:gaydance: :nope:
ChrisoftheNorth

:wtf: :nope:

I'm sure the pro stuff lasts longer, but having applied Cquartz a few times now, you can get it pretty good on your own for a fraction of the price.
Johnny_P

Detroit wrote: Thu Aug 17, 2017 11:06 am

I'm sure the pro stuff lasts longer, but having applied Cquartz a few times now, you can get it pretty good on your own for a fraction of the price.
Yeah 900 is insanity for something that'll get backed into by a careless :derp: on the street.

I might take it here
http://www.oakesdetail.com/services/overview/

I bet a poverty detail with polymer based sealant + PDR on 2 minor dents and possibly a little touch up paint will be in the $400 range. That's about what I expect for something like this.
coogles
First Sirloin
First Sirloin

Detroit wrote: Thu Aug 17, 2017 11:06 am

:dat:
Johnny_P

I should enlist the help of @[user not found] and his cleaning cabinet :jimp: and Cquartz the hell outta the car for :scrooge: pricing

Need that dent pulled doe.

:whocares: I really hate washing cars. But I'd rather it just be dirty than take it to the swirl and scratch for $5. The GTI looked terribad and needed a :waxer: level $1500 paint correction just to get those swirl marks out from those cheap car washes.