Johnny_P's Street Parking Palooza

Strut your greasy stuff!
max225
Chief Master Sirloin of the Wasteful Steak
Drives: Taco+ Bavarian lemon

Detroit wrote: Thu Aug 17, 2017 1:19 pm
max225 wrote: Thu Aug 17, 2017 1:07 pm Guys... Can we be serious here?

Johnny ain't gonna go :fullretard: and get 8 sponges a dedicated car bay and suck someones dick that details an enzo to get some advice on how to properly apply a coat of wax that will be gone within 1 week of being outside.

He needs basic advice and something that lasts a long time. The best solution is to use a wash bay, and probably some kind of carport etc to apply the Cquartz and call it a day.

Or pay someone $600 for something that won't last for a while. Not like anyone will be able to tell the difference 2 weeks after the money is burned?!
Bolded is the right answer if he even remotely cares about the car. Which it doesn't sound like he does.
I think he does, he was just over-correcting IMO in his statement since the true waxers showed up and started telling him how he is driving a bucket of rusted nails.

He can only do so much, without a private mechanic and a $150 an hr detailer on speed-dial.
Johnny_P
Drives: Blue short bus

max225 wrote: Thu Aug 17, 2017 1:24 pm
Johnny_P wrote: Thu Aug 17, 2017 1:14 pm
So you'd Cquartz?
:notbad:
I honestly think there is a difference, even I saw it. And I am the worlds biggest waxing skeptic.
Bird shit comes off far easier than before and it doesn't EAT its way into the paint like it would on a non-protected car.

My 1 "coat" of Nigerian beading Cquartz is about 5 months old now... and this morning I got bird shit off with nothing more than a rag and instant detailer it slid off like a fried egg from a non stick pan in one of those commercials.

My car bakes in the california sun 5/7 days a week at work since we have uncovered parking, and I have shown you guys the Fukushima swallows attacking my 370Z and the absolute carnage that caused.

Nice!
Johnny_P

max225 wrote: Thu Aug 17, 2017 1:07 pm Guys... Can we be serious here?

Johnny ain't gonna go :fullretard: and get 8 sponges a dedicated car bay and suck someones dick that details an enzo to get some advice on how to properly apply a coat of wax that will be gone within 1 week of being outside.

He needs basic advice and something that lasts a long time. The best solution is to use a wash bay, and probably some kind of carport etc to apply the Cquartz and call it a day.

Or pay someone $600 for something that won't last for a while. Not like anyone will be able to tell the difference 2 weeks after the money is burned?!
Bolded is the right answer if he even remotely cares about the car. Which it doesn't sound like he does.
I do care, but I also realize the limitations I have. The car needs something on it. But I don't need to go insane with it. Because the reality is, when I go to trade this in, a $300 detail job will make it look brand new again anyway. I love the car, I'm just not a weenie about dirt and dust getting on it. I can't keep it spotless every day anyway, but I can take steps to ensure it will look good later on, which is what I'm trying to do here.
Johnny_P

IDK how "I don't wash the car" translates into "I don't care about the car."

I plan on keeping it up on maintenance. I check the oil every other fill up. I followed the :fullretard: break in timeline and for 2-3 months didn't exceed 4k or go into positive boost pressure. I bought winter tires for it. I keep the interior clean. I have a dog protector for the rear seat.... I mean come on.
ChrisoftheNorth
Drives: 4R

Johnny_P wrote: Thu Aug 17, 2017 2:08 pm
I do care, but I also realize the limitations I have. The car needs something on it. But I don't need to go insane with it. Because the reality is, when I go to trade this in, a $300 detail job will make it look brand new again anyway. I love the car, I'm just not a weenie about dirt and dust getting on it. I can't keep it spotless every day anyway, but I can take steps to ensure it will look good later on, which is what I'm trying to do here.
Yea, you really need to consider CQuartz. Extra prep and work up front, but it "locks in" the paint and makes washing and maintenance FAR easier. I actually think it's the lazy man's way to wax.
Desertbreh wrote: Tue Oct 10, 2017 6:40 pm My guess would be that Chris took some time off because he has read the dialogue on this page 1,345 times and decided to spend some of his free time doing something besides beating a horse to death.
troyguitar
Command Chief Master Sirloin
Command Chief Master Sirloin
Drives: Trek Domane

Johnny_P wrote: Thu Aug 17, 2017 2:11 pm IDK how "I don't wash the car" translates into "I don't care about the car."

I plan on keeping it up on maintenance. I check the oil every other fill up. I followed the :fullretard: break in timeline and for 2-3 months didn't exceed 4k or go into positive boost pressure. I bought winter tires for it. I keep the interior clean. I have a dog protector for the rear seat.... I mean come on.
:dat:

It's a tool. Same thing with the Spyder for me. Yeah it's dirty and the paint on the bumpers sucks, but I keep it perfect mechanically. Oil is checked constantly, rubber in engine mounts and exhaust hangers are checked after every autox, alignment is checked multiple times a year, suspension is all new and inspected weekly, etc. Caring for a car != keeping it shiny.
Johnny_P

Apex wrote: Thu Aug 17, 2017 1:24 pm
He'll be out of this and into a CX-5 next year, so he's all NFG right now.
Uhhh :notsure:

If I didn't care about it I wouldn't have even brought up how to protect it a bit?
I try to be rather :aintcare: with this car but despite living in the car-parking hell hole that is south philly for 3 years I am still very cautious and picky about how and where I park this car to minimize potential damage to it. The one door ding I have I'm pretty sure happened at work where we have a regular lot, so that could have happened anywhere because nobody cares about your shit. I have a small scratch on the rear bumper which probably happened from a :derp: parallel parking by feel. Miraculously that's it.

Stark contrast with my :fullretard: neighbor that doesn't give a single fuck about where he parks his $50k :doge: RAM Laramie 4x4 crew cab. That car has a dent on every single body panel, scrapes down both sides, dented bumper, fucking bent exhaust pipe on one side, and it's as old as my car. HE doesn't GAF about his car.

And somehow me not washing the exterior makes me fall into the same camp. :yeahok:
max225

Johnny_P wrote: Thu Aug 17, 2017 2:11 pm IDK how "I don't wash the car" translates into "I don't care about the car."

:triggered:
:fullretard: "Car guys" will tell you
1. You drive in winter
2. You don't garage
3. Don't wash/wax weekly
4. Don't change oil every 3 months no matter what
5. Don't paint correct
6. Drive in rain
7. Probably eat in car
8. Carry pets

that's at least 8 strikes from what I can tell already.
/ :fullretard:
Johnny_P

troyguitar wrote: Thu Aug 17, 2017 2:19 pm

It's a tool. Same thing with the Spyder for me. Yeah it's dirty and the paint on the bumpers sucks, but I keep it perfect mechanically. Oil is checked constantly, rubber in engine mounts and exhaust hangers are checked after every autox, alignment is checked multiple times a year, suspension is all new and inspected weekly, etc. Caring for a car != keeping it shiny.
I'm sure I can find plenty of ghetto cruisers about a mile from me in the hood that are fully waxed exterior mint af but CEL on, running on 5 of 6 cylinders and muffler rotted out.
ChrisoftheNorth

max225 wrote: Thu Aug 17, 2017 2:21 pm

1. You drive in winter
2. You don't garage
3. Don't wash/wax weekly
5. Don't paint correct
6. Drive in rain
7. Probably eat in car
8. Carry pets

Gotta call dem CPS.
Desertbreh wrote: Tue Oct 10, 2017 6:40 pm My guess would be that Chris took some time off because he has read the dialogue on this page 1,345 times and decided to spend some of his free time doing something besides beating a horse to death.
Johnny_P

1. You drive in winter
2. You don't garage
3. Don't wash/wax weekly
5. Don't paint correct
6. Drive in rain
7. Probably eat in car
8. Carry pets

#notanenthusiast

I'd garage if there was one for sale. Seriously would consider buying if one popped up within 3 blocks or so of where I live. Not like I'd lose money on the purchase.
ChrisoftheNorth

Johnny_P wrote: Thu Aug 17, 2017 2:25 pm

1. You drive in winter
2. You don't garage
3. Don't wash/wax weekly
5. Don't paint correct
6. Drive in rain
7. Probably eat in car
8. Carry pets

#notanenthusiast

I'd garage if there was one for sale. Seriously would consider buying if one popped up within 3 blocks or so of where I live. Not like I'd lose money on the purchase.
Are there stand alone garages that come up for sale sometimes?
Desertbreh
Chief Master Sirloin
Chief Master Sirloin

1. You drive in winter
2. You don't garage
3. Don't wash/wax weekly
5. Don't paint correct
6. Drive in rain
7. Probably eat in car
8. Carry pets

:dat: I'm surprised you haven't killed yourself.
Detroit wrote:Buy 911s instead of diamonds.
Johnny_P wrote: Thu Feb 09, 2023 3:21 pm Earn it and burn it, Val.
max225 wrote: Mon May 01, 2023 5:35 pm Yes it's a cool car. But prepare the lube/sawdust.
Johnny_P

Detroit wrote: Thu Aug 17, 2017 2:36 pm

#notanenthusiast

They exist but very rarely go up for sale. I check often. When they do go up for sale they are quickly purchased by developers that want to put a 4 story behemoth of a rowhome in its place for :waxer: pricing. So they tend to sell for ludicrous prices. Think $150k for a single garage made of cinder block.
Johnny_P

#notanenthusiast

Not standalone, but house attached. Should be fucking demoed. $580k
https://www.redfin.com/PA/Philadelphia/ ... e/38090285

"Garage" for $175k
https://www.redfin.com/PA/Philadelphia/ ... e/39595857
Johnny_P

Desertbreh wrote: Thu Aug 17, 2017 2:38 pm

1. You drive in winter
2. You don't garage
3. Don't wash/wax weekly
5. Don't paint correct
6. Drive in rain
7. Probably eat in car
8. Carry pets

:iono: it's just the reality of the situation I'm in right now. I could go :troywax: on a new house. But she got the place for 240? A home that's acceptable with a garage would be 550-650 and that aintgonnahappen. $410k buys a lot of bumpers and Nigerian repellent.
Desertbreh
Chief Master Sirloin
Chief Master Sirloin

Johnny_P wrote: Thu Aug 17, 2017 2:52 pm
Desertbreh wrote: Thu Aug 17, 2017 2:38 pm

:iono: it's just the reality of the situation I'm in right now. I could go :troywax: on a new house. But she got the place for 240? A home that's acceptable with a garage would be 550-650 and that aintgonnahappen. $410k buys a lot of bumpers and Nigerian repellent.
Yeah bruh I'm just having my fun. It is what it is.
Detroit wrote:Buy 911s instead of diamonds.
Johnny_P wrote: Thu Feb 09, 2023 3:21 pm Earn it and burn it, Val.
max225 wrote: Mon May 01, 2023 5:35 pm Yes it's a cool car. But prepare the lube/sawdust.
dtraill27
Chief Patty Officer
Chief Patty Officer
Drives: 17 Mazda 6

normal suggestions escalating to the extreme. Its the DFD way!
max225

Johnny_P wrote: Thu Aug 17, 2017 2:50 pm

"Garage" for $175k
So this either looks like a case of extreme inflation or like you guys lost your real estate bubble minds as well. 580k is atrocious for that pos
Johnny_P

max225 wrote: Fri Aug 18, 2017 10:43 am
Johnny_P wrote: Thu Aug 17, 2017 2:50 pm

"Garage" for $175k
So this either looks like a case of extreme inflation or like you guys lost your real estate bubble minds as well. 580k is atrocious for that pos
City pricing went :fullretard: last year and it keeps going up. Houses that were $450k last year are $550k this year, etc. Even the house GF owns has gone up this year, it might be worth 300 which is insanity as it doesn't have a real air conditioner, has a closet for a bathroom, etc. It's why I didn't buy a place last year.... it was just too much money for what you were getting.

One that I was looking at, it was pretty decent, listed for..... $480k?? Sold for $495k at end of 2015, now Zillow seems to think its worth $660k, redfin thinks $630. It was a nice house don't get me wrong but it's in the goddamn "white boy gonna get shot" ghetto with literally zero restaurants/bars around it and only bus service for transit options.
https://www.redfin.com/PA/Philadelphia/ ... e/80157888
max225

Johnny_P wrote: Fri Aug 18, 2017 11:12 am
max225 wrote: Fri Aug 18, 2017 10:43 am

City pricing went :fullretard: last year and it keeps going up. Houses that were $450k last year are $550k this year, etc. Even the house GF owns has gone up this year, it might be worth 300 which is insanity as it doesn't have a real air conditioner, has a closet for a bathroom, etc. It's why I didn't buy a place last year.... it was just too much money for what you were getting.

One that I was looking at, it was pretty decent, listed for..... $480k?? Sold for $495k at end of 2015, now Zillow seems to think its worth $660k, redfin thinks $630. It was a nice house don't get me wrong but it's in the goddamn "white boy gonna get shot" ghetto with literally zero restaurants/bars around it and only bus service for transit options.
Not sure about the location compared to the other one you posted but this one is nice. Legit baller inside etc. the other one was derelict.
I can see this being "worth" 630. Put 150k down ... around 2600 a month and you can likely get someone to live with you by renting out 1-2 rooms and halving that expense
Johnny_P

max225 wrote: Fri Aug 18, 2017 11:37 am
Johnny_P wrote: Fri Aug 18, 2017 11:12 am

Not sure about the location compared to the other one you posted but this one is nice. Legit baller inside etc. the other one was derelict.
I can see this being "worth" 630. Put 150k down ... around 2600 a month and you can likely get someone to live with you by renting out 1-2 rooms and halving that expense
But, then you're living in a shithole neighborhood with nothing nearby. Where we are now is a good, safe neighborhood with a really great business corridor, dog park, and friends within 2-5 blocks. Not to mention the subway is only 3 ish blocks. Give all that up to live in :mahtroy: land and never leave the house while spending literally double to live there.

Meh.

The roommate idea is not bad at all and I've considered something like that. Wouldn't be bad in a baller ass house like that one, I'd probably never really see them anyway.
max225

We need to make a real estate thread ... I think it would be very interesting
Johnny_P

Dammit

Found a dude selling an STI on craigslist (I was looking up resale.... still insanity on these). Anyway he's including a set of winter wheels with the car. Sparco Trofeo 5's in GOLD :jizz: with Yokohama IceGuard tires. 18s. They look rad af doe.

Wonder if its worth asking if he'd do a trade?

https://reading.craigslist.org/cto/d/20 ... 37369.html

I like those a lot more than my winters. That setup, on the whole, appears to be double the cost of my poverty 17" Enkei :jalepenis: wheels and tires. My Michelins are rated higher. I dunno.
Last edited by Johnny_P on Mon Aug 28, 2017 3:00 pm, edited 1 time in total.
max225

Johnny_P wrote: Mon Aug 28, 2017 2:58 pm Dammit

Found a dude selling an STI on craigslist (I was looking up resale.... still insanity on these). Anyway he's including a set of winter wheels with the car. Sparco Trofeo 5's in GOLD :jizz: with Yokohama IceGuard tires. 18s. They look rad af doe.

Wonder if its worth asking if he'd do a trade?

https://reading.craigslist.org/cto/d/20 ... 37369.html

I like those a lot more than my winters.
:wtf: happened here?