Strut your greasy stuff!
Melon
Trollistrator
Trollistrator
Drives: Blue things, Orange thing

4zilch wrote: Fri Sep 08, 2017 7:15 am
Johnny_P wrote: Thu Sep 07, 2017 9:59 pm

I'd do it
If I had a lift (or if Sno's brother hadn't talked my FIL out of putting a lift in his new garage), I'd be moar open to taking the job on. Pulling a trans, with the car on jack stands, doesn't interest me much.
Quick jack breh.
4zilch wrote: Mon Apr 12, 2021 8:46 am I'm a fucking failure.
goIftdibrad
Chief Master Soft Brain
Chief Master Soft Brain
Drives: straight past the apex

i'm with Zilch on the diff install. Unless i could find a builder to core out a transmission for me... not sure id tackle that on my DD either.
brain go brrrrrr
ChrisoftheNorth
Drives: 4R

Big Brain Bradley wrote: Fri Sep 08, 2017 9:37 am i'm with Zilch on the diff install. Unless i could find a builder to core out a transmission for me... not sure id tackle that on my DD either.
:dat:
Desertbreh wrote: Tue Oct 10, 2017 6:40 pm My guess would be that Chris took some time off because he has read the dialogue on this page 1,345 times and decided to spend some of his free time doing something besides beating a horse to death.
4zilch
First Sirloin
First Sirloin
Drives: Ford Party ST

:dat: :dat: I could potentially get by with it out of service over the xmas holiday. But without a proper lift ( :melon: ) it's a big fat :nope:
As the only published author in a well-known motorcycle publication in the room...
4zilch
First Sirloin
First Sirloin

Inspired by Jefe's recent post from TOTD: go to jail speeds Image

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
As the only published author in a well-known motorcycle publication in the room...
stripethree
Chief Patty Officer
Chief Patty Officer
Drives: '04 R32, '90 Miata, '17 CB300F

:fuckyeah:
4zilch
First Sirloin
First Sirloin

stripethree wrote: Fri Sep 08, 2017 6:46 pm:fuckyeah:
The first pull would've been faster than that had I not rolled out of the throttle to deal with a pavement undulation at 130. (That's the squiggly line in the other peak on the graph)
4zilch
First Sirloin
First Sirloin

[user not found] wrote: Sat Sep 09, 2017 7:57 am
4zilch wrote: Fri Sep 08, 2017 7:15 am

If I had a lift (or if Sno's brother hadn't talked my FIL out of putting a lift in his new garage), I'd be moar open to taking the job on. Pulling a trans, with the car on jack stands, doesn't interest me much.
Sno's brother sounds like a real :poop:
:dat: :fax:
4zilch
First Sirloin
First Sirloin

[user not found] wrote: Sat Sep 09, 2017 9:12 am
4zilch wrote: Sat Sep 09, 2017 9:09 am

:dat: :fax:
He probably drives a Camry.
:notsure: it's something beige and Asian.
wap
Chief Master Sirloin of the Wasteful Steak
Drives: Blue Meanie

4zilch wrote: Sat Sep 09, 2017 1:01 pm
[user not found] wrote: Sat Sep 09, 2017 9:12 am

He probably drives a Camry.
:notsure: it's something beige and Asian.
:disgust:
:wap: Where are these mangos?
Detroit wrote: Fri Apr 16, 2021 1:19 pm I don't understand anything anymore.
Sno
Chief Patty Officer
Chief Patty Officer
Drives: Fiiiiiiiiiiiiat

All confirmed. Brother is a massive shit bag.
Desertbreh wrote: Tue Dec 05, 2017 1:58 pm At the risk of being sucked into your wedding planner decorative vortex, that is kind of cute.
4zilch
First Sirloin
First Sirloin

Front pads are dragging pretty heavily on the KTM.

Possible axle alignment issue, but suspect it's from stuck caliper piston(s) :rolleyes: Hopefully new seals do the trick, I really don't want to go :troywax: on new calipers.
Apex
Drives: Abominable

4zilch wrote: Mon Sep 18, 2017 9:32 am Front pads are dragging pretty heavily on the KTM.

Possible axle alignment issue, but suspect it's from stuck caliper piston(s) :rolleyes: Hopefully new seals do the trick, I really don't want to go :troywax: on new calipers.
In4trackbike
4zilch
First Sirloin
First Sirloin

Loosened and re-torque brake and axle fasteners per the book. Brakes still dragging :flaccid:
Apex

4zilch wrote: Mon Sep 18, 2017 3:33 pm Loosened and re-torque brake and axle fasteners per the book. Brakes still dragging :flaccid:
:(
troyguitar
Command Chief Master Sirloin
Drives: Trek Domane

4zilch wrote: Mon Sep 18, 2017 9:32 am Front pads are dragging pretty heavily on the KTM.

Clean and reassemble with new seals should do it. Apply compressed air and launch some pistons across the garage into the side of the Fiat. It needs a first dent.
Sno
Chief Patty Officer
Chief Patty Officer
Drives: Fiiiiiiiiiiiiat

troyguitar wrote: Mon Sep 18, 2017 3:45 pm

Clean and reassemble with new seals should do it. Apply compressed air and launch some pistons across the garage into the side of the Fiat. It needs a first dent.
:sass:
Desertbreh wrote: Tue Dec 05, 2017 1:58 pm At the risk of being sucked into your wedding planner decorative vortex, that is kind of cute.
4zilch
First Sirloin
First Sirloin

Pistons all move under hand/finger pressure, so I should be able to use caliper piston pliers on them. Im hoping to avoid using compressed air to remove them...I still have ptsd from rebuilding WRX 4-pot waxables.
Apex

4zilch wrote: Mon Sep 18, 2017 4:06 pm

Pistons all move under hand/finger pressure, so I should be able to use caliper piston pliers on them. Im hoping to avoid using compressed air to remove them...I still have ptsd from rebuilding WRX 4-pot waxables.
Was it really that bad? My 968 4-pot waxables were fairly straight forward to rebuild.
4zilch
First Sirloin
First Sirloin

Apex wrote: Mon Sep 18, 2017 4:09 pm

Was it really that bad? My 968 4-pot waxables were fairly straight forward to rebuild.
It is when you rebuild them 3-4 times because of stuck/siezed pistons.
Apex

4zilch wrote: Mon Sep 18, 2017 4:16 pm
Apex wrote: Mon Sep 18, 2017 4:09 pm

It is when you rebuild them 3-4 times because of stuck/siezed pistons.
Yeah, that would be a :rage: issue.
troyguitar
Drives: Trek Domane

:word:

I wasn't speaking from experience. I definitely didn't launch an allroad front caliper piston off a couple walls in my garage at high velocity. :derp:
4zilch
First Sirloin
First Sirloin

Calipers rebuild. Waiting on a new master cylinder before bleeding. I used air out of pure laziness and was able to get 3 of the 4 pistons out in each caliper. Used a handy-dandy low profile caliper piston tool to remove the 4th.

Also - don't forget to reuse your beer cans.

goIftdibrad
Chief Master Soft Brain
Chief Master Soft Brain
Drives: straight past the apex

4zilch wrote: Tue Sep 26, 2017 6:09 pm Calipers rebuild. Waiting on a new master cylinder before bleeding. I used air out of pure laziness and was able to get 3 of the 4 pistons out in each caliper. Used a handy-dandy low profile caliper piston tool to remove the 4th.

Also - don't forget to reuse your beer cans.

:impressive:
brain go brrrrrr
Melon
Trollistrator
Trollistrator
Drives: Blue things, Orange thing

4zilch wrote: Tue Sep 26, 2017 6:09 pm Calipers rebuild. Waiting on a new master cylinder before bleeding. I used air out of pure laziness and was able to get 3 of the 4 pistons out in each caliper. Used a handy-dandy low profile caliper piston tool to remove the 4th.

Honey, where is my tooth brush?

:shock:

I bought you a new one.

;)
4zilch wrote: Mon Apr 12, 2021 8:46 am I'm a fucking failure.