Chief Master Sirloin of the Wasteful Steak
Drives: Blue Meanie

Tarspin wrote: Fri Jul 28, 2017 7:23 pm
[user not found] wrote:Glad you are ok BTW
:dat: , hope everyone's ok.
:dat:
:wap: Where are these mangos?
Detroit wrote: Fri Apr 16, 2021 1:19 pm I don't understand anything anymore.
Melon
Trollistrator
Trollistrator
Drives: Blue things, Orange thing

Why not a small SUV like a Rav4 or even an HR-V?
Japanese reliability with great gas mileage.

Get something fun to drive on the weekends. Every art major needs a Miata...
4zilch wrote: Mon Apr 12, 2021 8:46 am I'm a fucking failure.
Sno
Chief Patty Officer
Chief Patty Officer
Drives: Fiiiiiiiiiiiiat

[user not found] wrote: Sat Jul 29, 2017 12:14 pm To be honest, it looks like the angle at which you hit the tree missed the airbag sensors. Was your rear end airborne when you hit the tree? :impressive:

Glad you're OK, doe.
I was not. The tree happened after I swerved and tried to over correct for a good 200 feet?
Desertbreh wrote: Tue Dec 05, 2017 1:58 pm At the risk of being sucked into your wedding planner decorative vortex, that is kind of cute.
Johnny_P
Drives: Blue short bus

Apex wrote: Fri Jul 28, 2017 8:34 pm I've also noticed that when cars get airborne the airbags don't like to deploy. Had something similar happen with a MINI friend of mine.
Ejecto seato's airbags didn't deploy either.
max225
Drives: Taco+ Bavarian lemon

Why are we talking about the airbags not going off like it is a bad thing here. The crash wasn't that bad. If the bags went off she would have sustained burns and possible other airbag related injuries.
Johnny_P

max225 wrote: Sun Jul 30, 2017 1:11 pm Why are we talking about the airbags not going off like it is a bad thing here. The crash wasn't that bad. If the bags went off she would have sustained burns and possible other airbag related injuries.
A lot goes into determining if airbags should deploy or not. Deploying when not necessary can cause a lot more harm.
goIftdibrad
Chief Master Soft Brain
Chief Master Soft Brain
Drives: straight past the apex

Sno wrote: Fri Jul 28, 2017 5:31 pm
Apex wrote:
And a Veloster outside.
Not no mo'. :(

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
:wtf:

glad you ok
brain go brrrrrr
dubshow
Senior Master Sirloin
Senior Master Sirloin
Drives: All of them

Big Brain Bradley wrote: Mon Jul 31, 2017 8:23 am
Sno wrote: Fri Jul 28, 2017 5:31 pm

Not no mo'. :(

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
:wtf:

glad you ok

holy moly.

also my vote is the new honduh HRV type thing. The not CRV one.
4zilch
First Sirloin
First Sirloin
Drives: Ford Party ST

Getting the urge to :plac: or N+1 or mod something. I'm feeling the end of good riding/driving season and need something to occupy myself.

Unfortunately this also means that whatever I do wont be fully enjoyed until next year :disappoint: But, that's life living in the North.

I'm planning on keeping the Fiesta for the foreseeable future, unless they decide to bring the 3-cyl ST over. I am tentatively planning on coil-overs and potentially wheel/tire upgrades. Sno and I also keep kicking around the idea of sports car, but I'm a bit on the fence given the expense and space requirements. I could go :fullretard: :troywax: and sell all the things and get a 4C.

Motorcycles are really where my current conundrum lies. I feel like getting something new (to me). I really do enjoy riding the KTM, and I would likely be perfectly happy riding it for another year. There's not much else on the market that I have a lot of interest in. The new/updated Super Duke looks good (the black one is :megusta: ), but in reality, isn't that much of an improvement over mine aside from the looks. The Tuono 1100 is probably the only other bike I'd currently consider, but I'm not sure I'd prefer it over the KTM. I would need to some seat time on it to know for sure. I've also considered moving to a smaller displacement bike like a Street Triple RS or possibly the new Duke 790 (when it's launched), but this starts raising some concerns of 2-up-worthiness and damnit I love riding a 180hp motorcycle. Regardless, it's probably not a purchase I'm comfortable making in 2018. So to that end, I may perform a couple upgrades this winter to the KTM to improve its track-worthiness, namely fork cartridges and a quickshifter. The downside to this bike is that it eats tires for lunch which gets expensive to run at the truck

I'm kinda tired of the Grom, there's strong likely-hood that it will be gone within a year's time. I just don't ride it all that often. If there were a community of Grom enthusiasts and/or a local kart track it would be a different story.

So if the Grom goes, then what? The idea of a track only bike interests me, but that would negate the need to upgrade the KTM. I-4 Japanese bikes bore me - I like to ride things that are a little bit different. I also have a hard time owning something that isn't street legal and sits in the garage 98% of the time. I've toyed with the idea of an RC390. It's slow, handles well, is easy on tires, and still a bit unique. Probably not that enjoyable on the street though.

The other thought is a big-bore 600+cc supermoto. Thinking along the lines of Honda XR650R, KTM 690 enduro/Husky 701, Husaberg 650 etc. This has a lot of possibilities. Loads of fun on the street, capable of triple digit speeds for the track, easy on tires, offroad worthiness with knobbies and :ramz: The Honda is likely the smartest choice given the amount of knowledge and aftermarket available. It could be a fun winter project. A Husaberg would be most excellent due to the bling factor, and mostly KTM parts. Aftermarket and knowledge is pretty tough to come-by though. 690/701 would likely result in the best, most reliable package, but also the most expensive by a long ways.

Things to think about, decisions to be made in the coming months....
As the only published author in a well-known motorcycle publication in the room...
goIftdibrad
Chief Master Soft Brain
Chief Master Soft Brain

4zilch wrote: Mon Aug 28, 2017 4:11 pm Getting the urge to :plac: or N+1 or mod something. I'm feeling the end of good riding/driving season and need something to occupy myself.

Unfortunately this also means that whatever I do wont be fully enjoyed until next year :disappoint: But, that's life living in the North.

I'm planning on keeping the Fiesta for the foreseeable future, unless they decide to bring the 3-cyl ST over. I am tentatively planning on coil-overs and potentially wheel/tire upgrades. Sno and I also keep kicking around the idea of sports car, but I'm a bit on the fence given the expense and space requirements. I could go :fullretard: :troywax: and sell all the things and get a 4C.

Motorcycles are really where my current conundrum lies. I feel like getting something new (to me). I really do enjoy riding the KTM, and I would likely be perfectly happy riding it for another year. There's not much else on the market that I have a lot of interest in. The new/updated Super Duke looks good (the black one is :megusta: ), but in reality, isn't that much of an improvement over mine aside from the looks. The Tuono 1100 is probably the only other bike I'd currently consider, but I'm not sure I'd prefer it over the KTM. I would need to some seat time on it to know for sure. I've also considered moving to a smaller displacement bike like a Street Triple RS or possibly the new Duke 790 (when it's launched), but this starts raising some concerns of 2-up-worthiness and damnit I love riding a 180hp motorcycle. Regardless, it's probably not a purchase I'm comfortable making in 2018. So to that end, I may perform a couple upgrades this winter to the KTM to improve its track-worthiness, namely fork cartridges and a quickshifter. The downside to this bike is that it eats tires for lunch which gets expensive to run at the truck

I'm kinda tired of the Grom, there's strong likely-hood that it will be gone within a year's time. I just don't ride it all that often. If there were a community of Grom enthusiasts and/or a local kart track it would be a different story.

So if the Grom goes, then what? The idea of a track only bike interests me, but that would negate the need to upgrade the KTM. I-4 Japanese bikes bore me - I like to ride things that are a little bit different. I also have a hard time owning something that isn't street legal and sits in the garage 98% of the time. I've toyed with the idea of an RC390. It's slow, handles well, is easy on tires, and still a bit unique. Probably not that enjoyable on the street though.

The other thought is a big-bore 600+cc supermoto. Thinking along the lines of Honda XR650R, KTM 690 enduro/Husky 701, Husaberg 650 etc. This has a lot of possibilities. Loads of fun on the street, capable of triple digit speeds for the track, easy on tires, offroad worthiness with knobbies and :ramz: The Honda is likely the smartest choice given the amount of knowledge and aftermarket available. It could be a fun winter project. A Husaberg would be most excellent due to the bling factor, and mostly KTM parts. Aftermarket and knowledge is pretty tough to come-by though. 690/701 would likely result in the best, most reliable package, but also the most expensive by a long ways.

:bravo:
brain go brrrrrr
troyguitar
Command Chief Master Sirloin
Command Chief Master Sirloin
Drives: Trek Domane

:truk: :truk: :truk:
Sno
Chief Patty Officer
Chief Patty Officer

Poooooooooooorsche.
Desertbreh wrote: Tue Dec 05, 2017 1:58 pm At the risk of being sucked into your wedding planner decorative vortex, that is kind of cute.
goIftdibrad
Chief Master Soft Brain
Chief Master Soft Brain

Sno wrote: Mon Aug 28, 2017 4:46 pmPoooooooooooorsche.
:notsure:
brain go brrrrrr
4zilch
First Sirloin
First Sirloin

[user not found] wrote: Mon Aug 28, 2017 4:13 pm Scrambler? Nah Adventure bike? Done it already, but have considered a 2nd Gen Multistrada if I go the track bike route Motard? Probably

:poorvette: ?
:nope:

:truk: ?
:gtfo:
As the only published author in a well-known motorcycle publication in the room...
4zilch
First Sirloin
First Sirloin

Big Brain Bradley wrote: Mon Aug 28, 2017 4:51 pm
Sno wrote: Mon Aug 28, 2017 4:46 pmPoooooooooooorsche.
:notsure:
stripethree
Chief Patty Officer
Chief Patty Officer
Drives: '04 R32, '90 Miata, '17 CB300F

Small point: I thought Ford announced that the party is over for 2018.

Also: dat convertible life, do it. Porsche makes convertibles.
Sno
Chief Patty Officer
Chief Patty Officer

stripethree wrote: Mon Aug 28, 2017 5:41 pm Small point: I thought Ford announced that the party is over for 2018.

4zilch
First Sirloin
First Sirloin

stripethree wrote: Mon Aug 28, 2017 5:41 pm Small point: I thought Ford announced that the party is over for 2018.

The statement that the Fiesta was dead in the USA was made by a Ford Germany product manager (or something like that) in an interview. Ford USA has not made any statements other than they'll make an announcement at a later date. The new Fiesta will be built in Germany along with the Focus RS. The ST has sold reasonably well here (allegedly), so the hope is that they'll import it along with the RS. I don't see it happening, but the door is still open.
4zilch
First Sirloin
First Sirloin

Sno wrote: Mon Aug 28, 2017 7:21 pm

Maybe when I'm done with motorcycles.
Johnny_P

4zilch wrote: Mon Aug 28, 2017 4:11 pm Getting the urge to :plac: or N+1 or mod something. I'm feeling the end of good riding/driving season and need something to occupy myself.

I like the enduro bike idea
stripethree
Chief Patty Officer
Chief Patty Officer
Drives: '04 R32, '90 Miata, '17 CB300F

4zilch wrote: Mon Aug 28, 2017 7:47 pm The statement that the Fiesta was dead in the USA was made by a Ford Germany product manager (or something like that) in an interview. Ford USA has not made any statements other than they'll make an announcement at a later date. The new Fiesta will be built in Germany along with the Focus RS. The ST has sold reasonably well here (allegedly), so the hope is that they'll import it along with the RS. I don't see it happening, but the door is still open.
There is hope....
4zilch wrote: Mon Aug 28, 2017 7:48 pm Maybe when I'm done with motorcycles.
Hogwash. Convertibles can tow motorbikes.
goIftdibrad
Chief Master Soft Brain
Chief Master Soft Brain

stripethree wrote: Tue Aug 29, 2017 10:23 am

4zilch wrote: Mon Aug 28, 2017 7:48 pm Maybe when I'm done with motorcycles.
brain go brrrrrr
4zilch
First Sirloin
First Sirloin

Big Brain Bradley wrote: Tue Aug 29, 2017 10:29 am
stripethree wrote: Tue Aug 29, 2017 10:23 am

:bruh:
4zilch
First Sirloin
First Sirloin

Thoughts of the day. NC2 + Transit Connect or Nissan NV200 + dedicated track bike.
goIftdibrad
Chief Master Soft Brain
Chief Master Soft Brain

4zilch wrote: Tue Aug 29, 2017 4:11 pm Thoughts of the day. NC2 + Transit Connect or Nissan NV200 + dedicated track bike.
:notbad:

:notbad: at all.

I mean... you could awning the transit and have super easy trackday setup / pickup.
brain go brrrrrr