Cucktrek: Making Money Never Felt So Good

Strut your greasy stuff!
ChrisoftheNorth
Drives: 4R

Desertbreh wrote: Fri Jul 30, 2021 11:34 am
coogles wrote: Fri Jul 30, 2021 11:28 am

:disgust:
Such future.
The thing is, I can drive the Cucktrek looking exclusively at the little 3" screen between the speedo and tach. It shows speed and whatever critical things I need. Car is an automatic, :whocares: about a tach. I don't even look at the speedo. It's wasted real estate IMO.
Desertbreh wrote: Tue Oct 10, 2017 6:40 pm My guess would be that Chris took some time off because he has read the dialogue on this page 1,345 times and decided to spend some of his free time doing something besides beating a horse to death.
D Griff
Trollistrator
Trollistrator
Drives: Bicycles/Two Feet

CaleDeRoo wrote: Thu Jul 29, 2021 9:59 am IMO people who would be JGCL buyers don't know it exists yet. It's a new model and segment to the brand.
:dat:

Reading through this thread enlightened me that this even exists. I remember it being a not yet released thing a while back but had no clue it was available.

I bet they will sell eventually. Jeep is an epic brand. Hell, before we bought the Beep Beep I tried to get :tits: to test drive other SUVs like a used Acura, Mazderps, etc. and she was pretty much not having any non Jeep vehicle for reasons.
razr390
Command Chief Master Sirloin
Drives: MK7.5 on 87

D Griff wrote: Fri Jul 30, 2021 7:00 pm
CaleDeRoo wrote: Thu Jul 29, 2021 9:59 am IMO people who would be JGCL buyers don't know it exists yet. It's a new model and segment to the brand.

Reading through this thread enlightened me that this even exists. I remember it being a not yet released thing a while back but had no clue it was available.

I bet they will sell eventually. Jeep is an epic brand. Hell, before we bought the Beep Beep I tried to get :tits: to test drive other SUVs like a used Acura, Mazderps, etc. and she was pretty much not having any non Jeep vehicle for reasons.
Looks like you found your :baby: era car! Congrats!
:doughnut: :narc: :doughnut:
Desertbreh wrote: Thu Oct 17, 2019 3:05 pm DFD. The forum where everybody makes the same choices and then tells anybody trying to join the club that they are the stupidest motherfucker to ever walk the earth.
Apex
Chief Master Sirloin of the Wasteful Steak
Drives: Abominable

razr390 wrote: Fri Jul 30, 2021 7:13 pm

They haul :baby: rather well.
D Griff
Trollistrator
Trollistrator

Already have it… :jeep:
Apex
Drives: Abominable

I will say that the extra couple inches of rear seat legroom in the JLU/JT is quite welcome compared to the Colorado.
razr390

D Griff wrote: Fri Jul 30, 2021 7:30 pm
Yea good luck with the soft top and speed wobbles and a sleeping baby in a car seat
Desertbreh wrote: Thu Oct 17, 2019 3:05 pm DFD. The forum where everybody makes the same choices and then tells anybody trying to join the club that they are the stupidest motherfucker to ever walk the earth.
D Griff
Trollistrator
Trollistrator

razr390 wrote: Fri Jul 30, 2021 7:46 pm
D Griff wrote: Fri Jul 30, 2021 7:30 pm

Yea good luck with the soft top and speed wobbles and a sleeping baby in a car seat
:iono: it’s a more comfy ride than a GTI. The soft top really isn’t an issue at all here (to be fair in Texas and other windy places it kinda was).
CaleDeRoo
Senior Master Sirloin
Senior Master Sirloin
Drives: C5

Did y'all grow up in Rolls Royce or Bentleys? Jesus a brand new JL 10x nicer than what I rode in as a fucking potato faced baby. These new generations are "soft" because of soft ass parents.

BuT mY bAbY nEeDs To SlEeP 3o HoUrS a DaY

Some people didn't have mandatory outside time and it shows
razr390

CaleDeRoo wrote: Fri Jul 30, 2021 8:43 pm Did y'all grow up in Rolls Royce or Bentleys? Jesus a brand new JL 10x nicer than what I rode in as a fucking potato faced baby. These new generations are "soft" because of soft ass parents.

You may respectfully talk shit when you can back it up with your own.
CaleDeRoo
Senior Master Sirloin
Senior Master Sirloin

razr390 wrote: Fri Jul 30, 2021 9:04 pm
CaleDeRoo wrote: Fri Jul 30, 2021 8:43 pm Did y'all grow up in Rolls Royce or Bentleys? Jesus a brand new JL 10x nicer than what I rode in as a fucking potato faced baby. These new generations are "soft" because of soft ass parents.

You may respectfully talk shit when you can back it up with your own.
I think I'll just use my friends as my real life experience which seems the norm on here.
max225
Drives: Taco+ Bavarian lemon

We didn’t have a car until I was 10, and I spent my summers at grandmas who didn’t have running water, or sewer.
troyguitar
Drives: Trek Domane

My parents had a brown diesel :manuel: RWD 2 door hatchback Chevette. :thisisfine:
Last edited by troyguitar on Fri Jul 30, 2021 10:47 pm, edited 1 time in total.
CaleDeRoo
Senior Master Sirloin
Senior Master Sirloin

max225 wrote: Fri Jul 30, 2021 10:43 pm

We didn’t have a car until I was 10, and I spent my summers at grandmas who didn’t have running water, or sewer.
And it shows by your posts about not giving a shit about what seat your future kid is sitting in :lolol:
max225
Drives: Taco+ Bavarian lemon

CaleDeRoo wrote: Fri Jul 30, 2021 10:47 pm
max225 wrote: Fri Jul 30, 2021 10:43 pm
And it shows by your posts about not giving a shit about what seat your future kid is sitting in :lolol:
Yea i give exactly 0 fucks but some think im going to get all :triggered: once/if the half breed arrives
D Griff
Trollistrator
Trollistrator

troyguitar wrote: Fri Jul 30, 2021 10:47 pm My parents had a brown diesel :manuel: RWD 2 door hatchback Chevette. :thisisfine:
Pretty much :dat: We had a :manuel: dangerously slow Rabbit diesel two door. Somehow I survived the stinky smells and loud rough engine.

:iono: the JL is the most civilized car I’ve ever owned I think.
CaleDeRoo
Senior Master Sirloin
Senior Master Sirloin

max225 wrote: Fri Jul 30, 2021 10:52 pm
CaleDeRoo wrote: Fri Jul 30, 2021 10:47 pm

Yea i give exactly 0 fucks but some think im going to get all :triggered: once/if the half breed arrives
Throw it in the trunk
D Griff
Trollistrator
Trollistrator

CaleDeRoo wrote: Fri Jul 30, 2021 11:18 pm
max225 wrote: Fri Jul 30, 2021 10:52 pm

Throw it in the trunk
:lolgasm:

In all seriousness I would obviously care about safety with my kid but it is pretty damn ridiculous that a child seat can’t fit in a regular sedan/hatch… like is that real life?
CaleDeRoo
Senior Master Sirloin
Senior Master Sirloin

D Griff wrote: Fri Jul 30, 2021 11:22 pm

Throw it in the trunk

In all seriousness I would obviously care about safety with my kid but it is pretty damn ridiculous that a child seat can’t fit in a regular sedan/hatch… like is that real life?
No idea dude. My friend cancelled a Bronco order because "the numbers" for legroom and shit said a child seat won't fit. The hell? I don't know if it's true but damn.
wap
Drives: Blue Meanie

troyguitar wrote: Fri Jul 30, 2021 10:47 pm My parents had a brown diesel :manuel: RWD 2 door hatchback Chevette. :thisisfine:
I learned to drive stick on a :manuel: 4 door gas bloo Chevette. :fancy:
:wap: Where are these mangos?
Detroit wrote: Fri Apr 16, 2021 1:19 pm I don't understand anything anymore.
razr390

Throw it in the trunk

Like I said, modern car seats have “expiration dates” that are there for probably cash grabbing reasons but also because safety regulations for car seats is constantly evolving. Same way cars are continuously getting bigger.

FWIW, the seat we have fits just fine in the GTI. Now, I am also not 6’0”+ so I can’t comment that, but some car seats are for sure hella bulkier
ChrisoftheNorth

Apex wrote: Fri Jul 30, 2021 7:33 pm I will say that the extra couple inches of rear seat legroom in the JLU/JT is quite welcome compared to the Colorado.
The rear seat space is :mindblown: in the JT compared to other midsize trucks. It was indeed nice.
Desertbreh wrote: Tue Oct 10, 2017 6:40 pm My guess would be that Chris took some time off because he has read the dialogue on this page 1,345 times and decided to spend some of his free time doing something besides beating a horse to death.
ChrisoftheNorth

And the 3 row GC is fine. Hell, it's what I worked on for the last 2 years. I just hate the company and can't recommend the products with a good conscience after working there. The place deserves to fail.
ChrisoftheNorth

razr390 wrote: Sat Jul 31, 2021 1:52 am

Like I said, modern car seats have “expiration dates” that are there for probably cash grabbing reasons but also because safety regulations for car seats is constantly evolving. Same way cars are continuously getting bigger.

FWIW, the seat we have fits just fine in the GTI. Now, I am also not 6’0”+ so I can’t comment that, but some car seats are for sure hella bulkier
I've taken part in child seat testing for new model development through my career. Infant seats take up a ridiculous amount of space, and it's legit illegal to go without one. Don't even consider procreating if you don't want to accommodate that. Full stop. I don't want to accommodate it, so I'm not having CFs, no ifs or buts about it.
D Griff
Trollistrator
Trollistrator

razr390 wrote: Sat Jul 31, 2021 1:52 am

Well I use a seating position that is where most people 5’6” would be :lolol: After some track time you just get used to it, and I’m rather short legged for my height, this is why has room can be an issue for me. If a GTI has the room, a JL certainly would work unless we wound up with Coogs luck and had triplets or something, in which case seppuku would be inevitable.