Cucktrek: Making Money Never Felt So Good

Strut your greasy stuff!
ChrisoftheNorth
Drives: 4R

D Griff wrote: Wed Nov 17, 2021 12:31 pm
Desertbreh wrote: Wed Nov 17, 2021 10:25 am

As to my strong sarcasm, I would hope that the few remaining denizens of this shithole realize that I would probably fly to personally post bail for them after an unfortunate encounter with law enforcement/otherwise things go sideways on them. And you in particular Maximillian. Therefore you should read my comments like we are sitting at a bar together and I and attempting to provide some levity to the otherwise ridiculous adventure we call life.

And Griff IS IN FACT DONKEY DICK ONLY. Not a god damned thing wrong with it automatics have ruined the fucking planet just like iphones and door dash. I am in fact attempting to purchase the last donkey dick giant small dick compensating earth destroyer on the planet. Probably will be impossible but TBD.

Sheesh guys we can't all be agreeable metrosexuals driving hybrid Toyotas and nodding our heads politely every god damned minute.
I look forward to seeing you spin the earth backwards with every last clutch dump in that donkey dildo equipped, overpowered ox cart.
:dat:
Desertbreh wrote: Tue Oct 10, 2017 6:40 pm My guess would be that Chris took some time off because he has read the dialogue on this page 1,345 times and decided to spend some of his free time doing something besides beating a horse to death.
ChrisoftheNorth

Welp, my 4R was unloaded from the boat and is chilling at the port. It has a few port installed options, so it could still take a while, but :dillerman: said it should be here within a few weeks.

Getting close and with the Cucktrek offer expiring in a week, it should all line up ok.

:popcorn:
Desertbreh wrote: Tue Oct 10, 2017 6:40 pm My guess would be that Chris took some time off because he has read the dialogue on this page 1,345 times and decided to spend some of his free time doing something besides beating a horse to death.
max225
Chief Master Sirloin of the Wasteful Steak
Drives: Taco+ Bavarian lemon

Detroit wrote: Tue Nov 30, 2021 2:05 pm Welp, my 4R was unloaded from the boat and is chilling at the port. It has a few port installed options, so it could still take a while, but :dillerman: said it should be here within a few weeks.

Getting close and with the Cucktrek offer expiring in a week, it should all line up ok.

Yep timing is still relatively spot on. I doubt they will keep shit at the port for "week" they want to get this stuff sold
ChrisoftheNorth

max225 wrote: Tue Nov 30, 2021 2:20 pm
Detroit wrote: Tue Nov 30, 2021 2:05 pm Welp, my 4R was unloaded from the boat and is chilling at the port. It has a few port installed options, so it could still take a while, but :dillerman: said it should be here within a few weeks.

Yep timing is still relatively spot on. I doubt they will keep shit at the port for "week" they want to get this stuff sold
Well, it spent an extra week at sea that wasn't anticipated, so I'm just assuming with all the chinese garbage that needs to be unloaded and shipped combined with no port workers or truck drivers, my truck could easily get stuck again.

But yea, I imagine Toyota wants these things gone and sold ASAP, especially with year end approaching, so :iono: :popcorn:
max225

Detroit wrote: Tue Nov 30, 2021 2:27 pm
max225 wrote: Tue Nov 30, 2021 2:20 pm

Well, it spent an extra week at sea that wasn't anticipated, so I'm just assuming with all the chinese garbage that needs to be unloaded and shipped combined with no port workers or truck drivers, my truck could easily get stuck again.

But yea, I imagine Toyota wants these things gone and sold ASAP, especially with year end approaching, so :iono: :popcorn:
Yea there are plenty of port workers. Those fuckers are making up to 600k a year thanks to their unions. Its just the amount of SHIT we decided to import for this holiday season. It'll be there soon enough. I don't see 1 week as an "issue" for something as large as a car. Tons of shit to coordinate and large distances to cover. It'll be there soon enough :like:
ChrisoftheNorth

max225 wrote: Tue Nov 30, 2021 2:29 pm
Detroit wrote: Tue Nov 30, 2021 2:27 pm

Yea there are plenty of port workers. Those fuckers are making up to 600k a year thanks to their unions. Its just the amount of SHIT we decided to import for this holiday season. It'll be there soon enough. I don't see 1 week as an "issue" for something as large as a car. Tons of shit to coordinate and large distances to cover. It'll be there soon enough :like:
I'm plenty patient, just no idea how patient Carvana will be with the :unicorn: offer on the Cucktrek. It expires on the 8th, I'll get another offer right before to see if it's higher to buy me another week, but assuming the value tanked in the last month, I'll have to accept the offer by the 8th.

Assuming the 4R doesn't come until say the 28th...will Carvana let me keep the Cucktrek for 20 days and not change my offer? :iono:
max225

Detroit wrote: Tue Nov 30, 2021 2:35 pm
max225 wrote: Tue Nov 30, 2021 2:29 pm

I'm plenty patient, just no idea how patient Carvana will be with the :unicorn: offer on the Cucktrek. It expires on the 8th, I'll get another offer right before to see if it's higher to buy me another week, but assuming the value tanked in the last month, I'll have to accept the offer by the 8th.

Assuming the 4R doesn't come until say the 28th...will Carvana let me keep the Cucktrek for 20 days and not change my offer? :iono:
I think you're close... but you may be missing a week around X mas time... I would think you can schedule a pickup deep into december after you click "accept" just drag out the deadlines... Say they give you 2 days to upload the "title" or whatever they need wait the full 2 etc.
ChrisoftheNorth

max225 wrote: Tue Nov 30, 2021 2:53 pm
Detroit wrote: Tue Nov 30, 2021 2:35 pm

I think you're close... but you may be missing a week around X mas time... I would think you can schedule a pickup deep into december after you click "accept" just drag out the deadlines... Say they give you 2 days to upload the "title" or whatever they need wait the full 2 etc.
When I sold the JL to Vroom, I had a week to upload all docs (title, DL, photo of odometer). I scheduled pick up quickly because we didn't need it, but I think I had a week after documents were verified before I had to schedule pick up.

The other issue is I need to drive to Detroit for the 2nd week of December for work meetings. That's 500 miles added to the car. No clue how that will impact the offer or if I should rent a car for the trip instead. I was hoping the 4R would be in by then and it wouldn't matter.

From what I can find, they allow 1k miles added from the offer. I've put 400 on it since the offer, so in theory I should be within 1000 by the end of the month but again :iono:
max225

Detroit wrote: Tue Nov 30, 2021 3:00 pm
max225 wrote: Tue Nov 30, 2021 2:53 pm

When I sold the JL to Vroom, I had a week to upload all docs (title, DL, photo of odometer). I scheduled pick up quickly because we didn't need it, but I think I had a week after documents were verified before I had to schedule pick up.

The other issue is I need to drive to Detroit for the 2nd week of December for work meetings. That's 500 miles added to the car. No clue how that will impact the offer or if I should rent a car for the trip instead. I was hoping the 4R would be in by then and it wouldn't matter.

From what I can find, they allow 1k miles added from the offer. I've put 400 on it since the offer, so in theory I should be within 1000 by the end of the month but again :iono:
That’s a lot of driving for someone who “doesn’t drive much” ;) . It’ll be ok by then I think.
ChrisoftheNorth

max225 wrote: Tue Nov 30, 2021 3:06 pm
Detroit wrote: Tue Nov 30, 2021 3:00 pm

That’s a lot of driving for someone who “doesn’t drive much” ;) . It’ll be ok by then I think.
The trip is actually voluntary! A team gathering to discuss 22 goals and have a christmas party, which I could join via Zoom if I preferred. I can bail if I wanted, but wife wants to visit friends, and facetime with coworkers is probably a good thing, so it's a worthwhile trip.

Still, the Cucktrek will be pushing 1k miles since the offer was calc'd, so who knows if I'm going to nuke it or not.
fledonfoot
First Sirloin
First Sirloin
Drives: Taco Truk | Power Wheels Heep

D Griff wrote: Mon Nov 15, 2021 2:25 pm
Detroit wrote: Mon Nov 15, 2021 2:20 pm
Yea, unless you get a :unicorn: month long offer from Carvana like I did (still no clue how), it's tough to make a move. Things have to line up just right, which speaking of...

:dillerman: told me today that the 4R ship date has been pushed back to the end of the month. He has no idea why, but told me I shouldn't expect it before the middle of December because of this. May come sooner, but unlikely. I expected this 100% because of shipping bottlenecks, so I'm not at all surprised. He did say that the dealer offers rental cars and that they'd work out a "great rental rate" to bridge the gap if I need, so I told him to just keep me posted as it changes status and I'll decide closer to the time.

So my 12/8 Carvana offer will have to be the one, meaning I'll miss out on the $800 extra offer I got for this week. But even the 12/8 date may or may not work depending on when Carvana wants it picked up and when the 4R comes in. Lots of :notsure: going on, so we'll just have to see.

Flexibility is key right now to make things work.
:disappoint: but not at all surprising...

I could just :dealwithit: until an 86 came in... I don't "need" a car at all, but I just really want one. If it wound up taking six months, it would be pretty :rage: inducing and I'd likely wind up buying something other than the 86 and just being in a worse position. As far as brand new goes, the 86 is really the only thing I want that's "available" right now.
You’re probably looking towards March. Even then, with all the driving impressions coming out I think this car is worth the wait. It’s a $30k car that outperforms a 981 Cayman.
CaleDeRoo
Senior Master Sirloin
Senior Master Sirloin
Drives: C5

fledonfoot wrote: Tue Nov 30, 2021 8:07 pm

I could just :dealwithit: until an 86 came in... I don't "need" a car at all, but I just really want one. If it wound up taking six months, it would be pretty :rage: inducing and I'd likely wind up buying something other than the 86 and just being in a worse position. As far as brand new goes, the 86 is really the only thing I want that's "available" right now.
You’re probably looking towards March. Even then, with all the driving impressions coming out I think this car is worth the wait. It’s a $30k car that outperforms a 981 Cayman.
In what metrics?
fledonfoot
First Sirloin
First Sirloin

CaleDeRoo wrote: Tue Nov 30, 2021 9:17 pm

In what metrics?
Base 981 Cayman. 0-60 is quicker by about .3 and it’s basically on par with 1/4 mile ET and trap speeds. At 1.0 G on the skid pad it’s just about as grippy despite running a super skinny 215 profile tire. Throw a set of wider, sticky rubber on this thing and it’ll be on another level.
wap
Drives: Blue Meanie

:impressive:
:wap: Where are these mangos?
Detroit wrote: Fri Apr 16, 2021 1:19 pm I don't understand anything anymore.
max225

fledonfoot wrote: Tue Nov 30, 2021 10:22 pm

In what metrics?
Base 981 Cayman. 0-60 is quicker by about .3 and it’s basically on par with 1/4 mile ET and trap speeds. At 1.0 G on the skid pad it’s just about as grippy despite running a super skinny 215 profile tire. Throw a set of wider, sticky rubber on this thing and it’ll be on another level.
You better not throw those :fax: confidently at the place that pays to keep the lights on
fledonfoot
First Sirloin
First Sirloin

max225 wrote: Tue Nov 30, 2021 10:26 pm

You better not throw those :fax: confidently at the place that pays to keep the lights on
You can’t buy shit from us right now anyway.

But still… 86 is on par with a 10 year old base cayman for $30k. A 10 year old cayman isn’t $30k.
Johnny_P
Drives: Blue short bus

fledonfoot wrote: Tue Nov 30, 2021 10:42 pm
max225 wrote: Tue Nov 30, 2021 10:26 pm

You can’t buy shit from us right now anyway.

But still… 86 is on par with a 10 year old base cayman for $30k. A 10 year old cayman isn’t $30k.
Plus you don’t have to deal with the click wheel infotainment system, and you get a bonus dog perch behind your seat.

I like the new 86 a lot.
ChrisoftheNorth

In what metrics?
Thanks for this summary. I've been reading a ton of drive reviews of the new 86, and looking at the performance stats, it sounded like what you described was the case. Insanely :impressive: indeed. The wants are real, I hope Toyota and Subaru sell a ton of these things to prove that there's still demand for affordable performance.
D Griff
Trollistrator
Trollistrator
Drives: Bicycles/Two Feet

Oh yeah, I agree, it's the only thing I want that I can afford comfortably, really. If I could get one in a month I'd consider taking a :fullretard: offer on the BMW and waiting it out, but I just don't want to risk being carless for six months. I'll just get one when they're fairly easily available and the BMW will be worth what it's worth :ohwell:
CaleDeRoo
Senior Master Sirloin
Senior Master Sirloin
Drives: C5

I hope everyone stops buying 981s and buys the BR86

So 981 prices go down :lol:
wap

Detroit wrote: Wed Dec 01, 2021 9:22 am

Thanks for this summary. I've been reading a ton of drive reviews of the new 86, and looking at the performance stats, it sounded like what you described was the case. Insanely :impressive: indeed. The wants are real, I hope Toyota and Subaru sell a ton of these things to prove that there's still demand for affordable performance.
:amaze: what light weight, a decent chassis, good weight distribution, and a bit of :balls: can do for a car.
And :| that so many car companies seem to forget this.
wap

CaleDeRoo wrote: Wed Dec 01, 2021 11:30 am I hope everyone stops buying 981s and buys the BR86

So more companies will be encouraged to make similar cars :lol:
:dat:
ChrisoftheNorth

What's particularly :mindblown: to me is the only cars I'm really interested in anymore are Toyotas. The BR86 or the new GR Corolla, nobody else is making anything like either of these because the race has been decided for EV pods.

From TOYOTA of all companies, who is historically somewhat boring.

:mindblown:
Tar
Chief Master Sirloin
Chief Master Sirloin
Drives: Beige Family Sedan sans Dent

Detroit wrote: Wed Dec 01, 2021 11:43 am What's particularly :mindblown: to me is the only cars I'm really interested in anymore are Toyotas. The BR86 or the new GR Corolla, nobody else is making anything like either of these because the race has been decided for EV pods.

I really didn't think the BRZ or 86 would see a second gen. However, it is a cheap, fun car that appeals to almost everyone on this forum (young (and proverbially young at heart) car enthusiasts. If younger people are buying these cars, Toyota can bet that they'll be back to buy more grown up things when they found out that :drunk: + :jizz: turns into :baby:

I've never owned a Toyota, but my love affair as a young VW enthusiast put me behind the wheel of four cars from that brand. The good news for Toyota is, that neither the 86, nor the Supra costs that much to develop since they share the costs with other manufacturers. :smrt:
max225

Detroit wrote: Wed Dec 01, 2021 11:43 am What's particularly :mindblown: to me is the only cars I'm really interested in anymore are Toyotas. The BR86 or the new GR Corolla, nobody else is making anything like either of these because the race has been decided for EV pods.

Nissan FrontQueef is quite nice also...
Any Porsche with the 4.slow if money is no object
BR86 is obviously great, but I'm curious about what if any volume constraints may be.