BombSawce Elantra

Strut your greasy stuff!
SAWCE
Command Chief Master Sirloin
Drives: Ebombtra

Tinted! Will take some getting used to after being in a fishbowl the last month, and very minimal factory tints on the Jeep for 4 years prior to that. Went back to what I had on the GTI with 5% VLT on the rear windows and 20% on the front windows.

Had my first fuel up with a long freeway drive on it too. 33.7mpg over 371 miles with 184 of that essentially being the freeway from San Diego to Lancaster :notbad: for half a tank doing 80-85 on the freeway and the other half being derping around town with lots of stops. I’ll probably fill up again tomorrow after I get back to San Diego and see what just driving on the freeway and then to get gas looks like. Expecting 35-36mpg for that trip.
Apex
Chief Master Sirloin of the Wasteful Steak
Drives: Abominable

:nice:
Tar
Chief Master Sirloin
Chief Master Sirloin
Drives: Beige Family Sedan sans Dent

SAWCE wrote: Sat Aug 07, 2021 5:26 pm Tinted! Will take some getting used to after being in a fishbowl the last month, and very minimal factory tints on the Jeep for 4 years prior to that. Went back to what I had on the GTI with 5% VLT on the rear windows and 20% on the front windows.

Had my first fuel up with a long freeway drive on it too. 33.7mpg over 371 miles with 184 of that essentially being the freeway from San Diego to Lancaster :notbad: for half a tank doing 80-85 on the freeway and the other half being derping around town with lots of stops. I’ll probably fill up again tomorrow after I get back to San Diego and see what just driving on the freeway and then to get gas looks like. Expecting 35-36mpg for that trip.
I should have put that shit on the wife's Fishy cracker collector, would've saved myself a distracted driving charge.
wap
Drives: Blue Meanie

SAWCE wrote: Sat Aug 07, 2021 5:26 pm Tinted! Will take some getting used to after being in a fishbowl the last month, and very minimal factory tints on the Jeep for 4 years prior to that. Went back to what I had on the GTI with 5% VLT on the rear windows and 20% on the front windows.

:notbad: , but I think you should be able to do a bit better. :tits: 's H Sonata got 34+ all highway at those speeds with a trunk full of luggage, and it's a bigger car with a bigger engine than your Elantra. What engine does your have?
:wap: Where are these mangos?
Detroit wrote: Fri Apr 16, 2021 1:19 pm I don't understand anything anymore.
SAWCE

Tarspin wrote: Sat Aug 07, 2021 8:37 pm

I should have put that shit on the wife's Fishy cracker collector, would've saved myself a distracted driving charge.
Oh man I could demolish some goldfish crackers right now. Those are top tier snacks.
SAWCE

wap wrote: Sat Aug 07, 2021 10:22 pm

:notbad: , but I think you should be able to do a bit better. :tits: 's H Sonata got 34+ all highway at those speeds with a trunk full of luggage, and it's a bigger car with a bigger engine than your Elantra. What engine does your have?
Just a little 2.0 as far as I know.. really haven’t looked into much on this thing. Going full :derp: appliance mode with it. Taking a little stop on the way home now, but with just the drive on the freeway after filling up earlier the onboard calculator is showing 39.7mpg :notbad: I’ll get home this evening and basically go straight to get gas in the morning so I’ll report back on a 99% freeway drive fuel economy.
Tar
Chief Master Sirloin
Chief Master Sirloin
Drives: Beige Family Sedan sans Dent

SAWCE wrote: Sat Aug 07, 2021 10:56 pm
Tarspin wrote: Sat Aug 07, 2021 8:37 pm

Oh man I could demolish some goldfish crackers right now. Those are top tier snacks.
the kids love them, I smash open packs way too often LOL
wap

SAWCE wrote: Sat Aug 07, 2021 10:59 pm

Just a little 2.0 as far as I know.. really haven’t looked into much on this thing. Going full :derp: appliance mode with it. Taking a little stop on the way home now, but with just the drive on the freeway after filling up earlier the onboard calculator is showing 39.7mpg :notbad: I’ll get home this evening and basically go straight to get gas in the morning so I’ll report back on a 99% freeway drive fuel economy.
:notbad: at all.
:dat: is closer to what I would expect you to get, based on what I said above. Our :tits: mobile has the NA 2.5 so 25% bigger than yours so I'm sure you'll get better empeegees
SAWCE

wap wrote: Sat Aug 07, 2021 11:33 pm

:dat: is closer to what I would expect you to get, based on what I said above. Our :tits: mobile has the NA 2.5 so 25% bigger than yours so I'm sure you'll get better empeegees
What does the Sonata average around the city over a tank.
wap

SAWCE wrote: Sun Aug 08, 2021 12:28 am
What does the Sonata average around the city over a tank.
Well, I barely drive it since if we go anywhere local I almost always do the driving in the Blue Meanie, and :tits: never really notices shit like that. In fact, she never even resets her trip odometers when she fills up, :lol: , but I'd GUESS upper 20's. IT's a pretty low-stressed mill that doesn't really love to rev.
max225
Drives: Taco+ Bavarian lemon

Yea that’s solid… I wouldn’t expect much over low 30s. Engine size doesn’t really matter on the freeway because you’re essentially just dealing with wind resistance.
MexicanYarisTK
Senior Master Sirloin
Senior Master Sirloin
Drives: An Okinowa Cruiseship
Location: 6 miles north of Sleepy Joes House & 5 miles from Bosphorus Channel

max225 wrote: Mon Jul 12, 2021 3:28 pm
wap wrote: Mon Jul 12, 2021 1:34 pm

I thought the same thing. Our Sonata - bigger car, bigger engine, auto, easily gets high 20's-low 30's :derp: around on suburban streets and mid 30's on the highway.
California driving is a bit different than most states. Which is why I am getting 26 in a mini also. We go much faster on freeways and our cities have long lights/traffic etc.
Thats pretty much like Istanbul tbh
Nephew of a :plac: a few first gen immigrant on DFD, resident turk, and ex nazi egg lover now driving a middle class mom mobile.
ChrisoftheNorth
Drives: 4R

Did you try adding cruise yet?
Desertbreh wrote: Tue Oct 10, 2017 6:40 pm My guess would be that Chris took some time off because he has read the dialogue on this page 1,345 times and decided to spend some of his free time doing something besides beating a horse to death.
max225
Drives: Taco+ Bavarian lemon

Damn dude you went super dark … I guess we don’t have law enforcement anymore but the only time I had issues was below 35% on the fronts.

I usually go 25/back 35 front or 35back /50 front
D Griff
Trollistrator
Trollistrator
Drives: Bicycles/Two Feet

Sadly I think the modern automatics are just that much more fuel efficient with their 7-10 gears and whatnot. My 328i gets like 32 highway and I think autos are like +10%. That’s probably reducing the Bome Sawce Machine a bit.
wap

D Griff wrote: Sun Aug 08, 2021 9:00 pm
Sadly I think the modern automatics are just that much more fuel efficient with their 7-10 gears and whatnot. My 328i gets like 32 highway and I think autos are like +10%. That’s probably reducing the Bome Sawce Machine a bit.
Yeah, probably :notwrong:
Our H has a 6 speed auto, :doe:
SAWCE

max225 wrote: Sun Aug 08, 2021 1:36 pm

Damn dude you went super dark … I guess we don’t have law enforcement anymore but the only time I had issues was below 35% on the fronts.

I usually go 25/back 35 front or 35back /50 front
Yeah I planned on going lighter on the front so I don’t get hassled by cops, but decided to risk it. If I get any trouble I’ll go up to 35 or 50 in the front.
SAWCE

200 miles home and a few stops before filling up today with a trip mpg of 37.1. I was doing 80-90 the whole way with the flow of traffic.
wap

SAWCE wrote: Sun Aug 08, 2021 9:58 pm 200 miles home and a few stops before filling up today with a trip mpg of 37.1. I was doing 80-90 the whole way with the flow of traffic.
:impressive:
You'd probably even get another mpg or 2 between 70 and 80. :like: