Pinshitting Glamper

Share the juicy deets of your worldly travels, and discuss your pipedreams for future trips.
ChrisoftheNorth
Drives: 4R

dubshow wrote: Mon Jun 17, 2019 10:28 am
Detroit wrote: Mon Jun 17, 2019 10:16 am
Yea, I know we don't really "camp" anymore to some people, but I just can't understand these RV park things. At least we're alone in the woods in the middle of nowhere...minimal power and amenities. We're still in a "tent" to an extent, "roughing" it or whatever.
But you enjoy it an thats what matter.

Hell, Im DONE with a tent. I can set my 2 man timberline tent up in the rain with my eyes closed. And I choose not to.

I'd much rather progress to something like you have. its a great compromise. RV's and large trailers with showers are super efficient if you have activities and power sports planned. its a super lux base camp. Park and get going. If I was away from the house for more than a long weekend, you bet your ass I'd want a nice shower in my own camper/RV.

But you are right, is that "outdoors"? I can tell you after dealing with 100 degree heat and humidity along with 20 degree snow in a tent, I have no shame in saying I will take the RV.
Yea, I can set the tent up in an instant, it's not really setup that makes the difference IMO, it's the ease of going and comfort when there.

We used to have to MAX the truck bed/interior out with stuff when we tented. Took hours to pack and unpack. Now, we have everything in our camper. All we need to do to leave is hook up the trailer, pack some food/beverages in the coolers, and roll. SO much easier.

I can have the camper leveled, stabilized, and fully setup within 20 minutes...probably nearly the same as it took us to setup the tent. But unlike the tent, I don't need to unpack the entire truck to get the tent, cots, sleeping bags, etc, etc, etc out. So much more convenient.

Then when it rains like it did this weekend, we still had fun hanging out in the camper. The side windows are massive, so you still feel like camping, but the couches inside are way more comfortable than just sitting in the tent on camp chairs would be. Plus can cook easily inside with the stove and do dishes after. It's really the best of all worlds.

It's great for a weekend...I could see wanting more if doing this for weeks at a time. But with the cost of entry for a large RV, I'd be far more tempted to just drive and stay at hotels along the way.
Desertbreh wrote: Tue Oct 10, 2017 6:40 pm My guess would be that Chris took some time off because he has read the dialogue on this page 1,345 times and decided to spend some of his free time doing something besides beating a horse to death.
ChrisoftheNorth

dubshow wrote: Mon Jun 17, 2019 10:32 am RV Parks.. man, I don't get them either. I get if you are traveling cross country and RV is a hell of a way to make it simple.

BUt we have friends/family that have the $200k RV to load up and go to places like this.... "Cajun Palsm RV Park:" Its a resort style water park specifically catering to RVs and campers... :wtf:

this is their weekend getaway...

https://www.google.com/maps/uv?hl=en&pb ... efault.jpg

but they also dont call it "outdoors" or nature. So I am :aintcare: how they :waxer: away their income on activities.
$200k buys a lot of hotel stays...many of which are way nicer than this. I'd rather go that route. :iono:

PLUS, I wonder what it costs to spend a night at this place. I bet it's close to a hotel by itself, ignoring the $200k+ entry fee.

:disgust:
Desertbreh wrote: Tue Oct 10, 2017 6:40 pm My guess would be that Chris took some time off because he has read the dialogue on this page 1,345 times and decided to spend some of his free time doing something besides beating a horse to death.
ChrisoftheNorth

So...my dad informed us this weekend that he dropped $150k on a 24' class A Motorhome "diesel pusher". Claims he's doing this instead of buying a place down south for the winter. He's planning on spending months at a time in Phoenix visiting my sister and in Palm Springs doing...things.

I haven't seen it yet. I'm having trouble showing enthusiasm, maybe he'll be able to convince me of the #motorhomelyfe eventually.
Apex
Chief Master Sirloin of the Wasteful Steak
Drives: Abominable

Detroit wrote: Mon Jun 24, 2019 10:36 am So...my dad informed us this weekend that he dropped $150k on a 24' class A Motorhome "diesel pusher". Claims he's doing this instead of buying a place down south for the winter. He's planning on spending months at a time in Phoenix visiting my sister and in Palm Springs doing...things.

I haven't seen it yet. I'm having trouble showing enthusiasm, maybe he'll be able to convince me of the #motorhomelyfe eventually.
Oh wow. :troywax:

Also, in4pics?
ChrisoftheNorth

Apex wrote: Mon Jun 24, 2019 10:37 am
Detroit wrote: Mon Jun 24, 2019 10:36 am So...my dad informed us this weekend that he dropped $150k on a 24' class A Motorhome "diesel pusher". Claims he's doing this instead of buying a place down south for the winter. He's planning on spending months at a time in Phoenix visiting my sister and in Palm Springs doing...things.

Also, in4pics?
It looks like a tour bus.
Apex

Detroit wrote: Mon Jun 24, 2019 10:40 am
Apex wrote: Mon Jun 24, 2019 10:37 am

Also, in4pics?
Maybe he'll become a groupie for Dead & Company? :lol:
ChrisoftheNorth

Apex wrote: Mon Jun 24, 2019 10:41 am
Detroit wrote: Mon Jun 24, 2019 10:40 am
Maybe he'll become a groupie for Dead & Company? :lol:
:lolol: Anything is possible. I'm still a bit in shock.
Johnny_P
Drives: Blue short bus

Oh wow big dick class A? :waxer:

That would not be bad to cruise the countryside in. Tow a jeep behind it.
ChrisoftheNorth

Johnny_P wrote: Mon Jun 24, 2019 11:06 am

Yea, he went full blast. My dad is a super gullible person...maybe the most out of any person I've met. I'm legit worried that he succumbed to :dillerman: :bs: but it's hard to say.

He bought a "leftover" 2018. Supposed MSRP of $240k. Selling price of $150k which was "under dealer price" because Winnebago wants to move the 2018's before the end of the half. He said he did zero research, just took :dillerman: 's word for Winnebago superiority. Apparently the thing has a firetruck frame, Cummins diesel, air suspension...it get serviced by Freightliner, not a normal RV place. Real or not, who knows.

But he's happy and that's all that matters. He's going to look into flat-towing his Saab to "keep costs down" (DAFUQ bro, you just dropped decent house money on a bus).

I'm sure it'll eat up highway miles nicely, but parking it is a whole different thing. I asked him where he planned to camp and he said "anywhere"! I told him that many of the places we go a rig like that won't fit at all and he looked at me with a :wat: and :aintcare: look.

K brah.
ChrisoftheNorth

Yea, he went full blast. My dad is a super gullible person...maybe the most out of any person I've met. I'm legit worried that he succumbed to :dillerman: :bs: but it's hard to say.

He bought a "leftover" 2018. Supposed MSRP of $240k. Selling price of $150k which was "under dealer price" because Winnebago wants to move the 2018's before the end of the half. He said he did zero research, just took :dillerman: 's word for Winnebago superiority. Apparently the thing has a firetruck frame, Cummins diesel, air suspension...it get serviced by Freightliner, not a normal RV place. Real or not, who knows.

But he's happy and that's all that matters. He's going to look into flat-towing his Saab to "keep costs down" (DAFUQ bro, you just dropped decent house money on a bus).

I'm sure it'll eat up highway miles nicely, but parking it is a whole different thing. I asked him where he planned to camp and he said "anywhere"! I told him that many of the places we go a rig like that won't fit at all and he looked at me with a :wat: and :aintcare: look.

K brah.
ChrisoftheNorth

K brah.
Johnny_P

The kick in the balls is these things tank on the used market so f'ing hard. But if he keeps it "forever" then that doesn't matter. There are plenty of campgrounds to park this thing at, even those RV parks who cares because inside you have a fireplace, mahogany cabinets, etc.

in4pics
goIftdibrad
Chief Master Soft Brain
Chief Master Soft Brain
Drives: straight past the apex

Detroit wrote: Mon Jun 24, 2019 11:16 am

K brah.
in4pics
brain go brrrrrr
ChrisoftheNorth

Johnny_P wrote: Mon Jun 24, 2019 11:26 am The kick in the balls is these things tank on the used market so f'ing hard. But if he keeps it "forever" then that doesn't matter. There are plenty of campgrounds to park this thing at, even those RV parks who cares because inside you have a fireplace, mahogany cabinets, etc.

in4pics
He knows about the depreciation kick and doesn't care. :dillerman: claims trade-in value is higher than he paid :yeahok:

At least it should be pretty durable, and as such, should maintain value better than a cheaper gas model.

He said the inside is ridiculous. 2 bedrooms, 1.5 baths, full kitchen, stacked washerANDdryer (not combined), 3 TVs (bedroom, living room, outside), DUCTED heating, 2 A/C units (one is a heat pump in bedroom), diesel generator, etc, etc,

I guess you just park it somewhere and stay in it. When you get sick of where you're at, just go somewhere else.
Johnny_P

Detroit wrote: Mon Jun 24, 2019 11:33 am
Johnny_P wrote: Mon Jun 24, 2019 11:26 am The kick in the balls is these things tank on the used market so f'ing hard. But if he keeps it "forever" then that doesn't matter. There are plenty of campgrounds to park this thing at, even those RV parks who cares because inside you have a fireplace, mahogany cabinets, etc.

in4pics
He knows about the depreciation kick and doesn't care. :dillerman: claims trade-in value is higher than he paid :yeahok:

At least it should be pretty durable, and as such, should maintain value better than a cheaper gas model.

He said the inside is ridiculous. 2 bedrooms, 1.5 baths, full kitchen, stacked washerANDdryer (not combined), 3 TVs (bedroom, living room, outside), DUCTED heating, 2 A/C units (one is a heat pump in bedroom), diesel generator, etc, etc,

I guess you just park it somewhere and stay in it. When you get sick of where you're at, just go somewhere else.
Right, think of it as a mobile trailer park home instead of a camper. Park it somewhere for a few weeks while you explore with the jeep you're flat towing behind it. Then pack up and go somewhere else.
ChrisoftheNorth

Johnny_P wrote: Mon Jun 24, 2019 11:37 am
Detroit wrote: Mon Jun 24, 2019 11:33 am

Right, think of it as a mobile trailer park home instead of a camper. Park it somewhere for a few weeks while you explore with the jeep you're flat towing behind it. Then pack up and go somewhere else.
Yep, exactly. I guess when you look at it that way, it makes some sense. I'm still not convinced.
ChrisoftheNorth

https://winnebagoind.com/products/class ... a/overview

What he bought...the "smallest" one.
Desertbreh
Chief Master Sirloin
Chief Master Sirloin

PS is Scottsdale for :gay:

:fuckyeah: on the Diesel pusher. Pics or it didn't happen.
Detroit wrote:Buy 911s instead of diamonds.
Johnny_P wrote: Thu Feb 09, 2023 3:21 pm Earn it and burn it, Val.
max225 wrote: Mon May 01, 2023 5:35 pm Yes it's a cool car. But prepare the lube/sawdust.
Desertbreh
Chief Master Sirloin
Chief Master Sirloin

Detroit wrote: Mon Jun 24, 2019 1:18 pm https://winnebagoind.com/products/class ... a/overview

What he bought...the "smallest" one.
:megusta:
max225 wrote: Mon May 01, 2023 5:35 pm Yes it's a cool car. But prepare the lube/sawdust.
ChrisoftheNorth

Desertbreh wrote: Mon Jun 24, 2019 1:21 pm

Here it is in all its glory...

I suspect that thing will be the go-to :gay: bangbus covering all of the :gay: havens of the SW.
Desertbreh
Chief Master Sirloin
Chief Master Sirloin

Detroit wrote: Mon Jun 24, 2019 11:15 am

K brah.
Consider pulling this into the parking lot in East Lansing for the MSU/Michigan game. Out comes the Kamado cooker and you start doing work son. You pour yourself a frosty beverage in a chilled glass. Infamous is in the rig, making appetizers. You are the alpha and the omega, the master of the universe.
ChrisoftheNorth

Desertbreh wrote: Mon Jun 24, 2019 1:30 pm

K brah.
Consider pulling this into the parking lot in East Lansing for the MSU/Michigan game. Out comes the Kamado cooker and you start doing work son. You pour yourself a frosty beverage in a chilled glass. Infamous is in the rig, making appetizers. You are the alpha and the omega, the master of the universe.
Oh wow. :notbad:
wap
Drives: Blue Meanie

Desertbreh wrote: Mon Jun 24, 2019 1:30 pm

K brah.
:notbad:
:wap: Where are these mangos?
Detroit wrote: Fri Apr 16, 2021 1:19 pm I don't understand anything anymore.
Johnny_P

Detroit wrote: Mon Jun 24, 2019 1:25 pm
Desertbreh wrote: Mon Jun 24, 2019 1:21 pm

I suspect that thing will be the go-to :gay: bangbus covering all of the :gay: havens of the SW.
That looks like a Chinatown bus :disgust: I think its time to sneak over at night and install some stickers. And maybe some cardboard wings.

Apex

Johnny_P wrote: Tue Jun 25, 2019 9:49 am
Detroit wrote: Mon Jun 24, 2019 1:25 pm

That looks like a Chinatown bus :disgust: I think its time to sneak over at night and install some stickers. And maybe some cardboard wings.

:lolol: :amazing: