DFD Travelogue - From 7-11 to the Arctic - Post it up

Share the juicy deets of your worldly travels, and discuss your pipedreams for future trips.
MexicanYarisTK
Senior Master Sirloin
Senior Master Sirloin
Drives: An Okinowa Cruiseship
Location: 6 miles north of Sleepy Joes House & 5 miles from Bosphorus Channel

Swedish Chef wrote: Mon Sep 23, 2019 12:42 pm
MexicanYarisTK wrote: Mon Sep 23, 2019 11:10 am

It's on bayside. Coconut Grove has some too. And best of all it's Turkish patriotic AF
https://www.yelp.com/biz/nusr-et-steakhouse-miami
I’ve heard it can be quite underwhelming, meme aside.

I was just being humorous, going there is more like a status symbol as opposed to getting not even a meal thats decent bang for your buck.
That aside, when I visited Miami for work, my co-workers tried it out, it was 2, they tried 2 burgers, 2 beers, and their :fakenews: sushi and it costed them almost $200 bucks iirc. I ate at that restaurant in Turkey probably 7 times in my life (even the original one) and around 2016-2017 I noticed their change in their meat quality and not in a good way. There are better restaurants like that now that are cheaper and taste better, but they're not here :sad: .

Now he fucks around in Mykonos.
Nephew of a :plac: a few first gen immigrant on DFD, resident turk, and ex nazi egg lover now driving a middle class mom mobile.
SAWCE
Command Chief Master Sirloin
Drives: Ebombtra

:fuckyeah:

We’ll spend the first half of our trip in Norway, then head over to Ireland for a few days at the end. Round trip in and out of Oslo was far cheaper than flying into Oslo and home from Ireland. We’ll grab some cheap round trip flights to/from Dublin from Oslo a little later on when we decide what day we want to head there.
wap
Chief Master Sirloin of the Wasteful Steak
Drives: Blue Meanie

SAWCE wrote: Tue Jan 28, 2020 10:07 am Image

We’ll spend the first half of our trip in Norway, then head over to Ireland for a few days at the end. Round trip in and out of Oslo was far cheaper than flying into Oslo and home from Ireland. We’ll grab some cheap round trip flights to/from Dublin from Oslo a little later on when we decide what day we want to head there.
:ohdang: :fuckyeah:
This was unexpected. Oslo is :waxer: but cool.
:wap: Where are these mangos?
Detroit wrote: Fri Apr 16, 2021 1:19 pm I don't understand anything anymore.
SAWCE

wap wrote: Tue Jan 28, 2020 10:54 am
SAWCE wrote: Tue Jan 28, 2020 10:07 am Image

Didn’t seem too terrible with the current exchange rate. We’ll see though.

The trip was originally Gonna be Norway and Iceland, but more people voted for Ireland instead. I’ll try to do Iceland next year.
wap

SAWCE wrote: Tue Jan 28, 2020 11:33 am
wap wrote: Tue Jan 28, 2020 10:54 am

The trip was originally Gonna be Norway and Iceland, but more people voted for Ireland instead. I’ll try to do Iceland next year.
Don't remember the exchange rate with the Norwegian Krone when we went in 2014 but things there were just expensive.

Two examples: we had a salmon pizza, 2 drinks (1 each) and 1 shared dessert in Bergen and it cost us over $100 US. A nice :fancy: dinner in Oslo at a very nice restaurant cost almost $250.

I mean, it won't bankrupt you, but just know that food can be spendy. But hopefully the exchange rate will be more favorable for you than it was for us.

Do you know where you'll be staying and what you'll be seeing/doing?

By all means do Iceland when you get a chance. It's pretty :amaze:
SAWCE

wap wrote: Tue Jan 28, 2020 11:56 am
SAWCE wrote: Tue Jan 28, 2020 11:33 am

Don't remember the exchange rate with the Norwegian Krone when we went in 2014 but things there were just expensive.

Two examples: we had a salmon pizza, 2 drinks (1 each) and 1 shared dessert in Bergen and it cost us over $100 US. A nice :fancy: dinner in Oslo at a very nice restaurant cost almost $250.

I mean, it won't bankrupt you, but just know that food can be spendy. But hopefully the exchange rate will be more favorable for you than it was for us.

Dang. Unless I’m retarded and put something in wrong it looked like it was 880 Krone to 100 USD right now, and prices for things in Krones didn’t look too terrible, a couple hundred Krone for a meal at a restaurant.

We want to do pulpit rock or whatever that hike is. Other than that we dint have too many plans. I enjoy checking out gyms when I travel, so I found a hardcore bodybuilding gym in Oslo to check out one day. Won’t be training seriously, but I’ll pop in and get a fun workout in one morning while everyone else sleeps and grab a shirt or something as a souvenir.
wap

SAWCE wrote: Tue Jan 28, 2020 1:07 pm
wap wrote: Tue Jan 28, 2020 11:56 am

Dang. Unless I’m retarded and put something in wrong it looked like it was 880 Krone to 100 USD right now, and prices for things in Krones didn’t look too terrible, a couple hundred Krone for a meal at a restaurant.

We want to do pulpit rock or whatever that hike is. Other than that we dint have too many plans. I enjoy checking out gyms when I travel, so I found a hardcore bodybuilding gym in Oslo to check out one day. Won’t be training seriously, but I’ll pop in and get a fun workout in one morning while everyone else sleeps and grab a shirt or something as a souvenir.
:word:
Well hopefully things'll be cheaper for you than they were for me.

Do you know where you're staying? Are you going to any other cities in Norway?
SAWCE

wap wrote: Tue Jan 28, 2020 1:10 pm
SAWCE wrote: Tue Jan 28, 2020 1:07 pm

We’re just gonna book a couple of Airbnb’s. Buddy wants to visit the city that his family comes from, so we’ll do a day or two there. The rest will probably be in/near Oslo.
wap

SAWCE wrote: Tue Jan 28, 2020 2:16 pm
wap wrote: Tue Jan 28, 2020 1:10 pm

We’re just gonna book a couple of Airbnb’s. Buddy wants to visit the city that his family comes from, so we’ll do a day or two there. The rest will probably be in/near Oslo.
If you can, try to get a place near Karl Johans Gata, which is the main shopping/dining area of the city. The palace is at one end and the Central Train Station is at the other end. Parliament, the National Theater, parks, hotels, the old cathedral, Oslo University, and lots of restaurants and shops can be found along it. Otherwise, being near the harbor by City Hall or the ancient Akershus Fortress on the water is pretty :neat: , too. There's a pretty cool Viking ship museum that you can take a ferry across the harbor to get to. The ferry is part of their public transit system so if you buy a transit card (which you should, IMO), it'll work on the ferry system as well.

Frogner (pronounced "Froyner") Park is also a really cool park to see. It's got tons of naked sculptures that are really :neat: .

This one is pretty funny: Image
Pretty cool how they're so :aintcare: about nudity in their public art.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Frogner_Park
SAWCE

wap wrote: Tue Jan 28, 2020 3:38 pm
SAWCE wrote: Tue Jan 28, 2020 2:16 pm

If you can, try to get a place near Karl Johans Gata, which is the main shopping/dining area of the city. The palace is at one end and the Central Train Station is at the other end. Parliament, the National Theater, parks, hotels, the old cathedral, Oslo University, and lots of restaurants and shops can be found along it. Otherwise, being near the harbor by City Hall or the ancient Akershus Fortress on the water is pretty :neat: , too. There's a pretty cool Viking ship museum that you can take a ferry across the harbor to get to. The ferry is part of their public transit system so if you buy a transit card (which you should, IMO), it'll work on the ferry system as well.

Frogner (pronounced "Froyner") Park is also a really cool park to see. It's got tons of naked sculptures that are really :neat: .

This one is pretty funny: Image
Pretty cool how they're so :aintcare: about nudity in their public art.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Frogner_Park
Thank you sir!
wap

:mahman:
razr390
Drives: MK7.5 on 87

[user not found] wrote: Thu Jan 30, 2020 9:56 pm Got a few things on the :dock: et this year.

Tennessee in May, Cali in June for a wedding, BrOhio in July for the semi-annual family glamping reunion, and then AZ in October.

I think I'm gonna get yelled at for over requesting vacation time. :(
You’re a mangler tell them “those cars ain’t gonna sell themselves and my vacation ain’t gonna pay for itself! Coffee is for CLOSERS!”
:doughnut: :narc: :doughnut:
Desertbreh wrote: Thu Oct 17, 2019 3:05 pm DFD. The forum where everybody makes the same choices and then tells anybody trying to join the club that they are the stupidest motherfucker to ever walk the earth.
SAWCE

[user not found] wrote: Thu Jan 30, 2020 9:56 pm Got a few things on the :dock: et this year.

Tennessee in May, Cali in June for a wedding, BrOhio in July for the semi-annual family glamping reunion, and then AZ in October.

I think I'm gonna get yelled at for over requesting vacation time. :(
Twat part of Cali?
SAWCE

[user not found] wrote: Mon Feb 03, 2020 9:01 pm
SAWCE wrote: Mon Feb 03, 2020 4:16 pm

Twat part of Cali?
Escondido - same area, again. :lol:
Noice. You got my digits.
Irish
Senior Chief Patty Officer
Drives: '12 GIT (190K!)- 2011 Outie A5

Were shooting for Dominican Republic or Cancun but ended up at Riviera Maya near Playa del Carmen. Price was right = $1800 all in for 5 days, all inclusive, air and ground incl.

It was pretty nice, though the beach wasn't fantastic. A fairly rocky and shallow lagoon. 2 buffets, a snack grill (pizza, nachos, basic burgers etc) 4 themed restaurants (that required reservations) Italian, Japanese, Mexican and "Gourmet" Burger. Plus a creperie, a hotdog/sausage counter, 3 bars plus 2 poolside. Gym, kiddie area (with babysitting), shows and live music. Food was quite a bit better than expected, service was good and the pools (4) and rooms were clean.

Available excursions were mostly jungle based theme parks with zip lining and water rides. We were there to chill and didn't partake. If we had a longer booking we probably would have checked out the Mayan ruins of Tulam nearby. All in all, it felt like a bargain and we returned suitably relaxed.

Image Image

Image Image

Image Image

Image Image

Image Image

Image Image

Image Image
Irish
Drives: '12 GIT (190K!)- 2011 Outie A5

Requisite Kar Kontent

Saw a few debadged small pick ups that looked cool....

And one of these