Northwest US - Portland and Seattle area

Share the juicy deets of your worldly travels, and discuss your pipedreams for future trips.
Johnny_P
Chief Master Sirloin of the Wasteful Steak
Drives: Blue short bus

KiaGiver wrote: Wed Jun 07, 2017 9:27 am
Johnny_P wrote: Wed Jun 07, 2017 9:24 am

I don't have mud flaps doe :sad:
Bruh... what's taking you so long? They don't look "awful" per se... they're not my choice for mud flaps - BUT, they keep the smaller debris from sanding blasting my paint in the lower areas.
I have no idea to be honest. I'd love to get a tune and a turbo back exhaust to free up some more HP. I am a little hesitant to do so for warranty reasons, but also because I don't think I'll have this car too long anyway. It's a great car and a lot of fun, but there aren't really places to have fun driving in Philly unless you make a day of it. I.e. my commute is mind-numbingly boring in stop and go. An automatic derpmobile would suit my situation better. Also the rattles are a bit annoying.

Just :notsure: really. Love the car. Wish I could actually use it.
haleyann
Chief Patty Officer
Chief Patty Officer
Drives: Forester & Fiata

Johnny_P wrote: Wed Jun 07, 2017 9:25 am
haleyann wrote: Wed Jun 07, 2017 8:40 am Alright it's been decided. We're gonna do couve cycle that week. http://couvecycle.com/
Oh God, they have those in Philly. :rolleyes: :nope:
Why no???
KiaGiver
Meat Patty 1st Class
Meat Patty 1st Class
Drives: 2017 Subaru STi / Vapemachine

Johnny_P wrote: Wed Jun 07, 2017 9:36 am
KiaGiver wrote: Wed Jun 07, 2017 9:27 am

Bruh... what's taking you so long? They don't look "awful" per se... they're not my choice for mud flaps - BUT, they keep the smaller debris from sanding blasting my paint in the lower areas.
I have no idea to be honest. I'd love to get a tune and a turbo back exhaust to free up some more HP. I am a little hesitant to do so for warranty reasons, but also because I don't think I'll have this car too long anyway. It's a great car and a lot of fun, but there aren't really places to have fun driving in Philly unless you make a day of it. I.e. my commute is mind-numbingly boring in stop and go. An automatic derpmobile would suit my situation better. Also the rattles are a bit annoying.

My commute is half a mile, lol. I have to drive to my parents' house and do some ridiculous drive through some residential areas to get the car just warmed up enough so I don't do more damage to the car.

As far as the warranty, they can't get you for the turboback. The tune is detectable, but you'd really have to get a tech that gets off on fucking the customer. They have to run a battery cycle history (when you do a tune, it adds a cycle or two). If you've got enough miles on the car, you can say some shit like "oh yeah, the battery died. I left the lights on".

I don't intend on keeping the car for life or anything, but it's definitely a ton of fun.
I like rumbles, vape juice and mudflaps :gay:

Need Modz? Hit me up!
KiaGiver
Meat Patty 1st Class
Meat Patty 1st Class

@haleyann

I can't wait to eat them donuts :O

Need Modz? Hit me up!
Johnny_P

KiaGiver wrote: Wed Jun 07, 2017 9:43 am
Johnny_P wrote: Wed Jun 07, 2017 9:36 am

My commute is half a mile, lol. I have to drive to my parents' house and do some ridiculous drive through some residential areas to get the car just warmed up enough so I don't do more damage to the car.

As far as the warranty, they can't get you for the turboback. The tune is detectable, but you'd really have to get a tech that gets off on fucking the customer. They have to run a battery cycle history (when you do a tune, it adds a cycle or two). If you've got enough miles on the car, you can say some shit like "oh yeah, the battery died. I left the lights on".

I don't intend on keeping the car for life or anything, but it's definitely a ton of fun.
I extended my home commute to about 5 miles just to get the car warmed up on the drive. hah. I love driving it, I'd never do that in the GTI.

I might rip apart the interior and reassemble with tons of felt tape to cure rattles. That might be a thing I do this fall. We'll see.
Johnny_P

haleyann wrote: Wed Jun 07, 2017 9:37 am
Johnny_P wrote: Wed Jun 07, 2017 9:25 am

Oh God, they have those in Philly. :rolleyes: :nope:
Why no???
I'd rather actually walk around and explore on foot than pedal a moving bar around. :iono:
KiaGiver
Meat Patty 1st Class
Meat Patty 1st Class

Johnny_P wrote: Wed Jun 07, 2017 9:55 am
KiaGiver wrote: Wed Jun 07, 2017 9:43 am

I extended my home commute to about 5 miles just to get the car warmed up on the drive. hah. I love driving it, I'd never do that in the GTI.

I might rip apart the interior and reassemble with tons of felt tape to cure rattles. That might be a thing I do this fall. We'll see.
I've thought about letting a sound shop dynamat the whole car. I couldn't believe at mile 4 there were several rattles. 4 fucking miles on the car. My M3 with 62k miles before I sold her was rattle free. No rattles.... on a 6 year old BMW....

Need Modz? Hit me up!
MexicanYarisTK
Senior Master Sirloin
Senior Master Sirloin
Drives: An Okinowa Cruiseship
Location: 6 miles north of Sleepy Joes House & 5 miles from Bosphorus Channel

wap wrote: Tue Jun 06, 2017 3:12 pm
troyguitar wrote: Tue Jun 06, 2017 3:10 pm

You're my uncle?

Can I get a small loan of $50000?
:lolgasm:

:mindblown: :[user not found]: and :mahtroy: are related???
troy sounds like a xenos :notsure:
Nephew of a :plac: a few first gen immigrant on DFD, resident turk, and ex nazi egg lover now driving a middle class mom mobile.
Calvinball
Drives: Pumpkin, Hellcat edition

KiaGiver wrote:
Johnny_P wrote: Wed Jun 07, 2017 9:55 am I extended my home commute to about 5 miles just to get the car warmed up on the drive. hah. I love driving it, I'd never do that in the GTI.

I've thought about letting a sound shop dynamat the whole car. I couldn't believe at mile 4 there were several rattles. 4 fucking miles on the car. My M3 with 62k miles before I sold her was rattle free. No rattles.... on a 6 year old BMW....
How many times do I have to remind you that you bought a Subaru?

Sent from the Beer Depository
:therapist:
Apex
Drives: Abominable

Calvinball wrote: Wed Jun 07, 2017 10:33 am
KiaGiver wrote:

At least one more.
Johnny_P

KiaGiver wrote: Wed Jun 07, 2017 10:11 am
Johnny_P wrote: Wed Jun 07, 2017 9:55 am

I've kind of come to just accept it :iono:
The center console and rear deck ones are annoying for sure though.
Johnny_P

KiaGiver wrote:

:doge: :wub:
KiaGiver
Meat Patty 1st Class
Meat Patty 1st Class

KiaGiver wrote:

If it means we get to interact, then forever, boobear <3

Need Modz? Hit me up!
SAWCE
Command Chief Master Sirloin
Drives: Ebombtra

There's a place on/near the coast called Thor's Well that I've been wanting to check out up there.
Johnny_P

KiaGiver wrote: Wed Jun 07, 2017 12:09 pm

If it means we get to interact, then forever, boobear <3
:gaydance:
wap
Drives: Blue Meanie

MexicanYarisTK wrote: Wed Jun 07, 2017 10:16 am
wap wrote: Tue Jun 06, 2017 3:12 pm

:lolgasm:

:mindblown: :[user not found]: and :mahtroy: are related???
troy sounds like a xenos :notsure:
:lol:
:wap: Where are these mangos?
Detroit wrote: Fri Apr 16, 2021 1:19 pm I don't understand anything anymore.
haleyann
Chief Patty Officer
Chief Patty Officer
Drives: Forester & Fiata

I recommend Ezells in Seattle for tendies. It's one of oprahs favorite places to get fried chicken. I hear the sweet potato pie is also great. I've only had the tendies and they're fantastic.
HighwayStarPatrick
Ground Chuck
Ground Chuck
Drives: 2016 VW GTI

haleyann wrote:I recommend Ezells in Seattle for tendies. It's one of oprahs favorite places to get fried chicken. I hear the sweet potato pie is also great. I've only had the tendies and they're fantastic.
Marking that as one of the many food places to try in Seattle Image
Johnny_P

haleyann wrote: Thu Jun 08, 2017 2:47 am I recommend Ezells in Seattle for tendies. It's one of oprahs favorite places to get fried chicken. I hear the sweet potato pie is also great. I've only had the tendies and they're fantastic.
Do want
GF is gluten intolerant doe. She can eat something else doe.
Johnny_P

SAWCE wrote: Wed Jun 07, 2017 12:33 pm There's a place on/near the coast called Thor's Well that I've been wanting to check out up there.
That looks pretty awesome. Would love to check it out but it's kind of far.
SAWCE
Drives: Ebombtra

Johnny_P wrote: Thu Jun 08, 2017 12:46 pm
SAWCE wrote: Wed Jun 07, 2017 12:33 pm There's a place on/near the coast called Thor's Well that I've been wanting to check out up there.
That looks pretty awesome. Would love to check it out but it's kind of far.
:word: the one time i was going to check it out we already had a campground booked at Crater Lake, which is on the opposite side of the state. If you PM me your email address, I can send you an email from a buddy that lived in Portland for a bit on things the he recommended some of our other friends go check out on a recent visit.