Office Workouts

Health, fitness, and nutrition freaks, lets see those gainz.
D Griff
Trollistrator
Trollistrator
Drives: Bicycles/Two Feet

Detroit wrote: Fri Feb 05, 2021 12:33 pm
D Griff wrote: Fri Feb 05, 2021 12:27 pm

:nice:

You are likely getting plenty of protein in as-is based on that diet. It sounds like you've learned the fundamental thing, which is finding a good rhythm FOR YOU. I actually count all of my calories M-F every week. I eat a good bit (like 3K+ cals daily on average) but it helps keep me accountable and seeing it on my phone tracked keeps me away from going crazy with cookies and other sweets. A lot of people absolutely hate tracking their food, so, IMO, they shouldn't do it. If you pay attention to it for a bit, you learn enough to know what works for you. I like the accountability of tracking, but for others, it's so tedious that they give up and revert to bad habits.
Yea, no way am I tracking my food. But I also don't need to because I eat really infrequently and we keep bad stuff out of the house. I'm conscious about my food decisions, and that works. I'm trying to stay under 2k/day...which I've achieved for the last few weeks no problem with :tits: gone. She likes to cook, and that results in more larger meals. Still good/healthy stuff, just more calories.
The nice thing is, as your boby adjusts to all of this, your metabolism should get a bit better as well.
ChrisoftheNorth
Drives: 4R

D Griff wrote: Fri Feb 05, 2021 12:35 pm
Detroit wrote: Fri Feb 05, 2021 12:33 pm
Yea, no way am I tracking my food. But I also don't need to because I eat really infrequently and we keep bad stuff out of the house. I'm conscious about my food decisions, and that works. I'm trying to stay under 2k/day...which I've achieved for the last few weeks no problem with :tits: gone. She likes to cook, and that results in more larger meals. Still good/healthy stuff, just more calories.
The nice thing is, as your boby adjusts to all of this, your metabolism should get a bit better as well.
At this point, I don't get as HUNGRY as I used to, and I get full REALLY quickly. Which is overall great.
Desertbreh wrote: Tue Oct 10, 2017 6:40 pm My guess would be that Chris took some time off because he has read the dialogue on this page 1,345 times and decided to spend some of his free time doing something besides beating a horse to death.
SAWCE
Command Chief Master Sirloin
Drives: Ebombtra

Detroit wrote: Fri Feb 05, 2021 12:23 pm
SAWCE wrote: Fri Feb 05, 2021 12:06 pm Going by the mirror instead of the scale is great. Like you said, there will be lots of times that the scale doesn’t move, but you can see changes happening. People who only rely on the scale won’t appreciate that progress and get frustrated when in reality they’re making an amazing change by swapping small amounts of fat for muscle.
This is what I believe is happening. I can wear clothes that haven't fit for YEARS right now, yet the scale indicates I've lost nothing in the last ~month. Feeling around my mid section, there's major hardness going on under the fat. Just need the fat to go to see it...it's happening.

The biggest thing is staying positive and having realistic expectations. If I've learned anything over the last few years it's that sustainable fat loss and improving fitness is really a long-term thing. [\b]Can't get discouraged if things plateau in the short term, and they have on me a number of times. I'm just glad to be where I am today and a workout regimen that should last.

Bingo. Goes back to what we were saying about all the BS information and influencers out there promising people huge transformations in 2-4 weeks. That’s just not going to happen, and most of the time people will just go back to their old habits as soon as that time period is over. You’re taking a way smarter and more sustainable approach of “what little habits do I see and can change or swap for something better”, like your cauliflower rice instead of normal rice. Easy swap, let’s you feel like you’re eating an old staple, and eliminates almost 200 calories cup for cup vs white rice.
ChrisoftheNorth

SAWCE wrote: Fri Feb 05, 2021 12:43 pm
Detroit wrote: Fri Feb 05, 2021 12:23 pm
This is what I believe is happening. I can wear clothes that haven't fit for YEARS right now, yet the scale indicates I've lost nothing in the last ~month. Feeling around my mid section, there's major hardness going on under the fat. Just need the fat to go to see it...it's happening.

The biggest thing is staying positive and having realistic expectations. If I've learned anything over the last few years it's that sustainable fat loss and improving fitness is really a long-term thing. Can't get discouraged if things plateau in the short term, and they have on me a number of times. I'm just glad to be where I am today and a workout regimen that should last.
Bingo. Goes back to what we were saying about all the BS information and influencers out there promising people huge transformations in 2-4 weeks. That’s just not going to happen, and most of the time people will just go back to their old habits as soon as that time period is over. You’re taking a way smarter and more sustainable approach of “what little habits do I see and can change or swap for something better”, like your cauliflower rice instead of normal rice. Easy swap, let’s you feel like you’re eating an old staple, and eliminates almost 200 calories cup for cup vs white rice.
Yea, and wife has helped substantially with finding creative substitutes for staples and making clean/low cal eating taste REALLY good. I don't even want/crave junk food anymore, it's weird.
Desertbreh wrote: Tue Oct 10, 2017 6:40 pm My guess would be that Chris took some time off because he has read the dialogue on this page 1,345 times and decided to spend some of his free time doing something besides beating a horse to death.
SAWCE
Drives: Ebombtra

Detroit wrote: Fri Feb 05, 2021 12:45 pm
SAWCE wrote: Fri Feb 05, 2021 12:43 pm

Yea, and wife has helped substantially with finding creative substitutes for staples and making clean/low cal eating taste REALLY good. I don't even want/crave junk food anymore, it's weird.
A lot of people think cravings are a mental thing, but they actually originate in your gut biome. The bacteria gets used to feeding on certain things and sends signals to your brain for more. So the more you stay away from unhealthy stuff and replace it with healthier options, the easier that becomes since you’ll start to crave that food instead of the junk food.
ChrisoftheNorth

SAWCE wrote: Fri Feb 05, 2021 12:57 pm
Detroit wrote: Fri Feb 05, 2021 12:45 pm
A lot of people think cravings are a mental thing, but they actually originate in your gut biome. The bacteria gets used to feeding on certain things and sends signals to your brain for more. So the more you stay away from unhealthy stuff and replace it with healthier options, the easier that becomes since you’ll start to crave that food instead of the junk food.
It's really wild how this works IMO. But I've directly experienced this, and it's :mindblown: Has probably made the biggest difference overall.