Dem bicicletas dos, doe.

Health, fitness, and nutrition freaks, lets see those gainz.
coogles
First Sirloin
First Sirloin
Drives: Hooptie Crotchfruit Carrier

Johnny_P wrote: Sun May 28, 2023 8:05 am Image

Skinny tires are funny. 25s. On a cycling holiday in Italy and I have a Wilier. It’s alright. Scenery is awesome so far.
Rad!

Though, 25s on those cobbles. :yikes:
Johnny_P
Chief Master Sirloin of the Wasteful Steak
Drives: Blue short bus

Desertbreh wrote: Sun May 28, 2023 8:35 am

Skinny tires are funny. 25s. On a cycling holiday in Italy and I have a Wilier. It’s alright. Scenery is awesome so far.
Whereabouts?
Riccione, a town on the Adriatic south of Rimini
Johnny_P
Drives: Blue short bus

coogles wrote: Sun May 28, 2023 8:45 am

Rad!

Though, 25s on those cobbles. :yikes:
30s would be better but this is ok. Plastic bikes absorb a lot.
Desertbreh
Chief Master Sirloin
Chief Master Sirloin

Johnny_P wrote: Sun May 28, 2023 9:16 am

Whereabouts?
Fantastic
Detroit wrote:Buy 911s instead of diamonds.
Johnny_P wrote: Thu Feb 09, 2023 3:21 pm Earn it and burn it, Val.
max225 wrote: Mon May 01, 2023 5:35 pm Yes it's a cool car. But prepare the lube/sawdust.
MexicanYarisTK
Senior Master Sirloin
Senior Master Sirloin
Drives: An Okinowa Cruiseship
Location: 6 miles north of Sleepy Joes House & 5 miles from Bosphorus Channel

Whereabouts?
Looks like italy, or probably spain
Nephew of a :plac: a few first gen immigrant on DFD, resident turk, and ex nazi egg lover now driving a middle class mom mobile.
MexicanYarisTK
Senior Master Sirloin
Senior Master Sirloin
Drives: An Okinowa Cruiseship
Location: 6 miles north of Sleepy Joes House & 5 miles from Bosphorus Channel

Whereabouts?
Ive been to riccione in 2011. It was a nice little beach town.
Nephew of a :plac: a few first gen immigrant on DFD, resident turk, and ex nazi egg lover now driving a middle class mom mobile.
D Griff
Trollistrator
Trollistrator
Drives: Bicycles/Two Feet

Whereabouts?
I've been following along on Strava, looks like a ton of fun!

I did some pretty chill riding down in Charleston, SC this weekend. Some pretty scenery around the beaches but Charleston as a whole has some pretty horrendous cycling/pedestrian infrastructure. It is an urban planning nightmare. Still good times. My buddy who's a bit of a heavy rider borrowed my Raleigh and the seat kept sinking, we stripped out the bolt trying to get things tighter but he was a good sport and rocked the slammed seat for a while.
SAWCE
Command Chief Master Sirloin
Command Chief Master Sirloin
Drives: Ebombtra

D Griff wrote: Tue May 30, 2023 12:42 pm

I did some pretty chill riding down in Charleston, SC this weekend. Some pretty scenery around the beaches but Charleston as a whole has some pretty horrendous cycling/pedestrian infrastructure. It is an urban planning nightmare. Still good times. My buddy who's a bit of a heavy rider borrowed my Raleigh and the seat kept sinking, we stripped out the bolt trying to get things tighter but he was a good sport and rocked the slammed seat for a while.
We’ve all taken a few heavyriders out for a spin, amirite?
coogles
First Sirloin
First Sirloin

:ohdang:

Wonder if I can get my local shop to sell the same bike for that.

https://playtridelafield.com/products/g ... arbon-2021
Desertbreh
Chief Master Sirloin
Chief Master Sirloin

SAWCE wrote: Tue May 30, 2023 3:25 pm

:mahman:
Detroit wrote:Buy 911s instead of diamonds.
Johnny_P wrote: Thu Feb 09, 2023 3:21 pm Earn it and burn it, Val.
max225 wrote: Mon May 01, 2023 5:35 pm Yes it's a cool car. But prepare the lube/sawdust.
D Griff
Trollistrator
Trollistrator

coogles wrote: Tue May 30, 2023 7:35 pm :ohdang:

:doit:

My wants for a gravel bike have been intensifying a bit but I'm trying to tamp them down :lolol:
D Griff
Trollistrator
Trollistrator

SAWCE wrote: Tue May 30, 2023 3:25 pm

:notwrong:
Valkyrie
Meat Patty 1st Class
Meat Patty 1st Class
Drives: Brooks Glycerin

D Griff wrote: Wed May 31, 2023 2:05 pm

My wants for a gravel bike have been intensifying a bit but I'm trying to tamp them down :lolol:
You basically have one, no? (Raleigh)

I think I liked my SuperX with big road tires more than anything else I've tried, whether on regular roads or gravel.
D Griff
Trollistrator
Trollistrator

Valkyrie wrote: Wed May 31, 2023 2:27 pm

I think I liked my SuperX with big road tires more than anything else I've tried, whether on regular roads or gravel.
It has a super aggressive geometry which is very twitchy and not at all friendly to anything even slightly 'off roadie'. I would love something that is good for mountain gravel roads, light single track, and comfy on road if not crazy fast.
Valkyrie
Meat Patty 1st Class
Meat Patty 1st Class
Drives: Brooks Glycerin

D Griff wrote: Wed May 31, 2023 3:40 pm
Valkyrie wrote: Wed May 31, 2023 2:27 pm

It has a super aggressive geometry which is very twitchy and not at all friendly to anything even slightly 'off roadie'. I would love something that is good for mountain gravel roads, light single track, and comfy on road if not crazy fast.
Ohhh I thought that the old bike would have more of what we now call a 'gravel' geometry.

My old SuperX and current Domane actually have almost identical geometries, so you might be just as well off with a so-called Endurance road bike as long as it has clearance for bigger tires. The Domane I have fits about 38-40mm and I think even the TCR/Langma fits 32-35mm. The Langma is pretty darn twitchy though, even on 32mm tires.
D Griff
Trollistrator
Trollistrator

Valkyrie wrote: Wed May 31, 2023 3:56 pm
D Griff wrote: Wed May 31, 2023 3:40 pm

Ohhh I thought that the old bike would have more of what we now call a 'gravel' geometry.

My old SuperX and current Domane actually have almost identical geometries, so you might be just as well off with a so-called Endurance road bike as long as it has clearance for bigger tires. The Domane I have fits about 38-40mm and I think even the TCR/Langma fits 32-35mm. The Langma is pretty darn twitchy though, even on 32mm tires.
I rented a Kona Libre in Las Vegas and it was a totally different experience, felt way slack compared to pretty much any other drop bar bike I've rented but was so light that it still climbed pretty well on road. It was a neat thing, super comfy, could tackle a bit of trail duty, a little slow on flats on the road but totally fun on road for climbing/descending as well.
coogles
First Sirloin
First Sirloin

I have someone who's ready to take home the Emonda for $1,500. $900 to move to a carbon frame that fits me better and is otherwise basically an identical spec seems worth it to me. If they won't budge from the $3,000 price tag, though, I don't think I'd do it.

Do you have good gravel roads around or mellow trails a gravel bike could handle? I just have NO use for one around here. I have my choice of paved roads or singletrack, with nothing in between.
D Griff
Trollistrator
Trollistrator

coogles wrote: Wed May 31, 2023 9:03 pm

I have someone who's ready to take home the Emonda for $1,500. $900 to move to a carbon frame that fits me better and is otherwise basically an identical spec seems worth it to me. If they won't budge from the $3,000 price tag, though, I don't think I'd do it.

Do you have good gravel roads around or mellow trails a gravel bike could handle? I just have NO use for one around here. I have my choice of paved roads or singletrack, with nothing in between.
On the first part, that is :notbad: A carbon frame is really significantly better IMO. Fit is also huge.

Second, here is quite similar - MTB parks and road. That said, they opened a new greenway section here (paved) that gets me 90% of the way to a really fun MTB area down in SC. It's about 15 miles each way though. I've done it on the MTB a few times but 30 miles of flat-ish pavement on the thing is just a slog and the trails would be very doable/fun on a gravel bike, they are some of the fastest trails in the area. So I could see doing that every week or two, but the bigger thing is more with travel. We tend to go to more rural areas near the coasts/mountains several times per year and I'd love to bring a bike along that can just do a bit of everything. Big gravel races/fondos are also quite alluring.
coogles
First Sirloin
First Sirloin

Yeah they told me to pound sand.
D Griff
Trollistrator
Trollistrator

coogles wrote: Thu Jun 01, 2023 3:59 pm

:disappoint:

Order one online?
coogles
First Sirloin
First Sirloin

D Griff wrote: Thu Jun 01, 2023 4:33 pm
coogles wrote: Thu Jun 01, 2023 3:59 pm

:disappoint:

Order one online?
Giant doesn't allow retailers to ship, so I'd have to drive up to Delafield, WI to get it, which is ~250 miles one way. :disappoint:
coogles
First Sirloin
First Sirloin

Emonda is sold :pouroneout:

:boxodicks: incoming.

:hibachi:
D Griff
Trollistrator
Trollistrator

coogles wrote: Thu Jun 08, 2023 6:24 pm Emonda is sold :pouroneout:

:boxodicks: incoming.

:hibachi:
:notbad: :plac: :popcorn:

I love when things happen around here.
D Griff
Trollistrator
Trollistrator

I got in my first road bike crash in a long time yesterday.

We’re at the Outer Banks for a wedding and I’ve been getting honked at/flipped off on the road here all week for no reason other than existing on a bicycle so I decided to stick with bike paths. There was a fun twisty section and I was going a bit too fast, came around a blind curve and an older dude on an e-bike was right in the middle of the somewhat narrow path. We collided and both went down.

I’d say it was mostly my fault for just going too fast for be conditions but him not being on the right didn’t help.

I feel bad as he was probably 65 and I’m in some pain/soreness right now, I’m sure at nearly 2X the age it’s much worse. His front wheel also got a little bent, it can likely be fixed though.
coogles
First Sirloin
First Sirloin

D Griff wrote: Fri Jun 09, 2023 5:08 am I got in my first road bike crash in a long time yesterday.

We’re at the Outer Banks for a wedding and I’ve been getting honked at/flipped off on the road here all week for no reason other than existing on a bicycle so I decided to stick with bike paths. There was a fun twisty section and I was going a bit too fast, came around a blind curve and an older dude on an e-bike was right in the middle of the somewhat narrow path. We collided and both went down.

I’d say it was mostly my fault for just going too fast for be conditions but him not being on the right didn’t help.

I feel bad as he was probably 65 and I’m in some pain/soreness right now, I’m sure at nearly 2X the age it’s much worse. His front wheel also got a little bent, it can likely be fixed though.
Oh damn. Well I'm glad you and the old dude are both okay, with minimal damage to the bike(s).

Also, :howdareu: ride your bike on a road, you commie bastard. ROADS ARE FOR CARS!!! :angry: