Dem bicicletas dos, doe.

Health, fitness, and nutrition freaks, lets see those gainz.
troyguitar
Command Chief Master Sirloin
Drives: Trek Domane

coogles wrote:
troyguitar wrote: Tue May 04, 2021 3:32 pm Nah I must have been thinking about someone else, I thought you were like 5'8" or shorter. Look at 54s too IMO unless you've already tried some. Worst case you change the stem or flip it upside down... I'm 5'9" and my bikes are 51 and 52cm.
My CAAD10 was a 54, I can definitely make them work, but at least on that bike it took some fiddling. With the original stem I felt like the bars were way too close to my knees and I had a hard time even turning the damn thing, and the drop to the bars was significant even with all of the spacers still on it. I had to run a longer stem to get the bars out away from my legs, so the reach was about the same as on the 56 with the factory stem, but now with the increased drop to the bars I felt pretty laid out on it even on the hoods. The drops were totally unusable. With a riser stem it probably would have been okay. When I test-rode a 56cm Emonda last year it was a total Goldilocks moment, though, it felt perfect.
:word:

I'm not up on the CAAD geometry, but an Emonda is definitely longer and lower than say a Domane. You'd probably be down with a 54 "endurance" style bike or 56 for something more racy. My domane for example is 25mm taller at the bars than my superx despite being the same size everywhere else.

It's easier for me to ride low/little bikes since my arms are long :doe: otherwise we'd be really close in size. I wanted a 54 domane originally and still kind of do but 52 was the only one available semi-locally when I was looking. Once we get settled I'll probably hunt for deals on a 54.
Calvinball
Drives: Pumpkin, Hellcat edition

Apex wrote: Tue May 04, 2021 2:55 pm
Calvinball wrote: Tue May 04, 2021 2:55 pm I guess I can post in here now that I have a peloton?
How long did that take to get delivered?
Ordered on 3/22, delivered 4/7.
:therapist:
Calvinball

D Griff wrote: Tue May 04, 2021 3:56 pm
Calvinball wrote: Tue May 04, 2021 2:55 pm I guess I can post in here now that I have a peloton?
:fancy:

Outside is best :doe:
I’m coming to grips that now with three kids, I need my working out to happen at home. Can’t vanish on a long run or for an hour to the gym.
Apex
Chief Master Sirloin of the Wasteful Steak
Drives: Abominable

Calvinball wrote: Tue May 04, 2021 7:13 pm
Apex wrote: Tue May 04, 2021 2:55 pm

How long did that take to get delivered?
Ordered on 3/22, delivered 4/7.
:notbad:
troyguitar

[user not found] wrote:
Johnny_P wrote: Tue May 04, 2021 3:55 pm This is why I ride my CX bike everywhere and leave the MTB to rot for 2 years. I hate driving to a bike ride. Everyone I know who bikes in Philly just rides their bike to the meetup point and goes from there.

My CX bike might be my favorite thing I’ve ever owned.
I ride to rides and drive to rides. All depends on what the ride du jour is.

If I'm riding solo, I ride from the house. If I'm riding with others, I'm usually driving to ride - except for the local A-pace speed ride that happens about 7 miles away. Good warmup to get there, I just rarely can make it out there since it's at 5-6PM on Tuesdays.
It's less insane to drive to a ride that's 8 hours long with stops. Though how you have the energy/focus to drive safely after that is beyond me... :doomed:
coogles
First Sirloin
First Sirloin
Drives: Hooptie Crotchfruit Carrier

[user not found] wrote: Tue May 04, 2021 8:20 pm
coogles wrote: Tue May 04, 2021 3:51 pm

My CAAD10 was a 54, I can definitely make them work, but at least on that bike it took some fiddling. With the original stem I felt like the bars were way too close to my knees and I had a hard time even turning the damn thing, and the drop to the bars was significant even with all of the spacers still on it. I had to run a longer stem to get the bars out away from my legs, so the reach was about the same as on the 56 with the factory stem, but now with the increased drop to the bars I felt pretty laid out on it even on the hoods. The drops were totally unusable. With a riser stem it probably would have been okay. When I test-rode a 56cm Emonda last year it was a total Goldilocks moment, though, it felt perfect.
56 is definitely gonna be a better fit if the drops on a 54 were totally unusable.

I ride a 58 and I'm 5'11.
It’s not like I couldn’t get down to them, but yeah, it was totally uncomfortable to pedal in that position and far from optimal. I never ever used the drops.
coogles
First Sirloin
First Sirloin

[user not found] wrote: Tue May 04, 2021 8:22 pm

If I'm riding solo, I ride from the house. If I'm riding with others, I'm usually driving to ride - except for the local A-pace speed ride that happens about 7 miles away. Good warmup to get there, I just rarely can make it out there since it's at 5-6PM on Tuesdays.
:dat:

Any MTBing at all needs to be driven to in my case.
Johnny_P
Drives: Blue short bus

[user not found] wrote: Tue May 04, 2021 8:22 pm
Johnny_P wrote: Tue May 04, 2021 3:55 pm

This is why I ride my CX bike everywhere and leave the MTB to rot for 2 years. I hate driving to a bike ride. Everyone I know who bikes in Philly just rides their bike to the meetup point and goes from there.

My CX bike might be my favorite thing I’ve ever owned.

You’re also in a different living situation / location than me. There is nothing good about driving to the trails from my house.
troyguitar

[user not found] wrote:
troyguitar wrote: Tue May 04, 2021 9:00 pm It's less insane to drive to a ride that's 8 hours long with stops. Though how you have the energy/focus to drive safely after that is beyond me... :doomed:
Training? :iono:
Is that an herbal supplement?
D Griff
Trollistrator
Trollistrator
Drives: Bicycles/Two Feet

[user not found] wrote: Tue May 04, 2021 9:22 pm
coogles wrote: Tue May 04, 2021 9:18 pm

:dat:

Any MTBing at all needs to be driven to in my case.
One of the big stipulations when we were looking at houses, was that I needed at least one local trail that was within riding distance (3-4 miles) of the :haus:

I've got Mercer County Park about 2.5 miles away. It's perfect for a quick warmup and rip around the park and ride home.
:dat: is my setup as well. If I’m going out for a solo MTB it’s great to just ride to the local spots (coincidentally called Back Yard Trails). I don’t mind driving to other trails to meet friends and have some fun. Driving to road rides annoys me more but is sometimes worth it for the right route and people. It’s just funny to me how many people I have met here that quite literally never just get on their bikes and ride from where they live.
coogles
First Sirloin
First Sirloin

Dang, every single weekday group ride is 6 or 6:30 to 7:30 or 8 - the craziest of the hours we have with the kids. Weekends are a total no-go. Seems if I want to road ride my only option would be :foreveralone:. Was hoping with the near-universal WFH status these days that maybe there'd be some lunch rides here or there, but seems I'd have to start one if that's what I want to do. :ohwell:
D Griff
Trollistrator
Trollistrator

coogles wrote: Wed May 05, 2021 2:44 pm Dang, every single weekday group ride is 6 or 6:30 to 7:30 or 8 - the craziest of the hours we have with the kids. Weekends are a total no-go. Seems if I want to road ride my only option would be :foreveralone:. Was hoping with the near-universal WFH status these days that maybe there'd be some lunch rides here or there, but seems I'd have to start one if that's what I want to do. :ohwell:
Same here, this is why I generally ride alone. Since I do sales for West Coast accounts, there's not a ton to do in the early hours of the day but 5-7 PM is pretty busy. I can get out early enough to make a 6:30 ride/other thing once or twice a week, but it's tough. This is why most people you meet on group rides are :wap:
coogles
First Sirloin
First Sirloin

D Griff wrote: Wed May 05, 2021 2:53 pm
coogles wrote: Wed May 05, 2021 2:44 pm Dang, every single weekday group ride is 6 or 6:30 to 7:30 or 8 - the craziest of the hours we have with the kids. Weekends are a total no-go. Seems if I want to road ride my only option would be :foreveralone:. Was hoping with the near-universal WFH status these days that maybe there'd be some lunch rides here or there, but seems I'd have to start one if that's what I want to do. :ohwell:
Same here, this is why I generally ride alone. Since I do sales for West Coast accounts, there's not a ton to do in the early hours of the day but 5-7 PM is pretty busy. I can get out early enough to make a 6:30 ride/other thing once or twice a week, but it's tough. This is why most people you meet on group rides are :wap:
Yeah man, maybe when the kids are older and doing their own thing. For now I'll stick to the Peloton, unless of course that gets recalled too.
D Griff
Trollistrator
Trollistrator

[user not found] wrote: Wed May 05, 2021 5:51 pm Anyways... Griff and I are set to :dock: in the middle and ride this on Friday: https://www.strava.com/routes/2812039865894204286

:excited:
:excited: as well. Packing up muh things now.

I think I will do an easy/flat-ish spin around CLT in the morning to keep the legs loose tomorrow morning.
troyguitar

You guys are nuts.
Desertbreh
Chief Master Sirloin
Chief Master Sirloin

[user not found] wrote: Wed May 05, 2021 5:51 pm Anyways... Griff and I are set to :dock: in the middle and ride this on Friday: https://www.strava.com/routes/2812039865894204286

Wow. That looks to be worth the trip.
Detroit wrote:Buy 911s instead of diamonds.
Johnny_P wrote: Thu Feb 09, 2023 3:21 pm Earn it and burn it, Val.
max225 wrote: Mon May 01, 2023 5:35 pm Yes it's a cool car. But prepare the lube/sawdust.
coogles
First Sirloin
First Sirloin

[user not found] wrote: Wed May 05, 2021 5:50 pm
coogles wrote: Wed May 05, 2021 3:12 pm

Yeah man, maybe when the kids are older and doing their own thing. For now I'll stick to the Peloton, unless of course that gets recalled too.
I've got over 3500 of my own miles on mine, plus whatever the wife's done. I think you'll be OK. :lol:
Seriously though, how is the Peloton tread different from any other treadmill? Kids or pets can get hurt if they’re around any running treadmill, the recall seems quite stupid.
coogles
First Sirloin
First Sirloin

That looks fucking awesome. Have fun boys.
coogles
First Sirloin
First Sirloin

[user not found] wrote: Wed May 05, 2021 7:03 pm
coogles wrote: Wed May 05, 2021 6:34 pm

Seriously though, how is the Peloton tread different from any other treadmill? Kids or pets can get hurt if they’re around any running treadmill, the recall seems quite stupid.
Something something non-functional anti pinch whatever? :iono:

I think it's just a function of numbers. More people have the Peloton tread than many other treadmills.
That's what I think, probably coupled with some very vocal, wealthy owners. I haven't seen a single mention in any article I've found discussing the recall of what exactly is wrong with it, just that several children and pets have been hurt by it. No shit, they've sold tens of thousands of them and some people are idiots and don't keep their pets and kids way from a spinning treadmill. It's obviously terrible the one kid died, but I don't see how it's Peloton's fault.
Apex
Drives: Abominable

coogles wrote: Wed May 05, 2021 8:10 pm
[user not found] wrote: Wed May 05, 2021 7:03 pm

Something something non-functional anti pinch whatever? :iono:

I think it's just a function of numbers. More people have the Peloton tread than many other treadmills.
That's what I think, probably coupled with some very vocal, wealthy owners. I haven't seen a single mention in any article I've found discussing the recall of what exactly is wrong with it, just that several children and pets have been hurt by it. No shit, they've sold tens of thousands of them and some people are idiots and don't keep their pets and kids way from a spinning treadmill. It's obviously terrible the one kid died, but I don't see how it's Peloton's fault.
This is America; it’s always someone else’s fault.
D Griff
Trollistrator
Trollistrator

coogles wrote: Wed May 05, 2021 6:34 pm
[user not found] wrote: Wed May 05, 2021 5:50 pm

I've got over 3500 of my own miles on mine, plus whatever the wife's done. I think you'll be OK. :lol:
Oh wow, haven’t seen this yet... :wtf:
D Griff
Trollistrator
Trollistrator

[user not found] wrote: Wed May 05, 2021 6:46 pm
D Griff wrote: Wed May 05, 2021 6:16 pm

:excited: as well. Packing up muh things now.

I think I will do an easy/flat-ish spin around CLT in the morning to keep the legs loose tomorrow morning.
I'll be uh... mowing lawns like a boss.

Today was rained out, so tomorrow's gonna be double time. I think we're bringing on a couple :manuel: to speed up the process.
:impressive: I was sore Monday morning from spreading mulch and digging holes all day Sunday... at least you don’t have that on the docket.
wap
Drives: Blue Meanie

:notbad:
Staunton - the home of Woodrow Wilson
:wap: Where are these mangos?
Detroit wrote: Fri Apr 16, 2021 1:19 pm I don't understand anything anymore.
Calvinball

coogles wrote: Wed May 05, 2021 3:12 pm
D Griff wrote: Wed May 05, 2021 2:53 pm

You and me both.
coogles
First Sirloin
First Sirloin

Whoah, a road bike in my size, in stock.

https://www.jensonusa.com/Look-185-Huez ... ike-2021-4 :notbad: