Dem bicicletas dos, doe.

Health, fitness, and nutrition freaks, lets see those gainz.
ChrisoftheNorth
Drives: 4R

D Griff wrote: Fri Jan 22, 2021 6:12 pm
[user not found] wrote: Fri Jan 22, 2021 6:01 pm

Could be rear hub/bearing. Noise is present when pedaling or coasting, and doesn’t change when the brakes are applied?

As to the rear derailleur, sounds like it just needs a tune.
Rear hub could make sense, I hear it with/without pedaling, brakes have no impact.

I already spent a couple hours messing with the derailleur, seem to be pulling a Dustin with it. I'm sure I'll get it right at some point.

The brakes are working great at least.
Check to make sure you don't have any lose spokes. Happened on my road bike this past spring. Drove me CRAZY trying to track down what the issue was, and somehow a few of the spokes were somewhat loose. The wheel was still true, so I just tightened them a bit while making sure not to tweak the wheel. Fixed 100%. Very possible given your bike is new.
Desertbreh wrote: Tue Oct 10, 2017 6:40 pm My guess would be that Chris took some time off because he has read the dialogue on this page 1,345 times and decided to spend some of his free time doing something besides beating a horse to death.
Desertbreh
Chief Master Sirloin
Chief Master Sirloin

[user not found] wrote: Fri Jan 22, 2021 2:51 pm
coogles wrote: Fri Jan 22, 2021 11:43 am Just got our registration code for the Peloton. :excited: Might actually show up this time! Delivery is scheduled for Monday.
Man, what a wait you've had to endure.

I did a 45 min endurance ride this morning on the Peloton, 5/7.
I ordered adjustable Dumbbells from bowflex/nautilus on November 30, and they promptly charged me like $380. Supposed to be here March 30ish.
Detroit wrote:Buy 911s instead of diamonds.
Johnny_P wrote: Thu Feb 09, 2023 3:21 pm Earn it and burn it, Val.
max225 wrote: Mon May 01, 2023 5:35 pm Yes it's a cool car. But prepare the lube/sawdust.
D Griff
Trollistrator
Trollistrator
Drives: Bicycles/Two Feet

Detroit wrote: Mon Jan 25, 2021 9:56 am
D Griff wrote: Fri Jan 22, 2021 6:12 pm

Rear hub could make sense, I hear it with/without pedaling, brakes have no impact.

I already spent a couple hours messing with the derailleur, seem to be pulling a Dustin with it. I'm sure I'll get it right at some point.

The brakes are working great at least.
Check to make sure you don't have any lose spokes. Happened on my road bike this past spring. Drove me CRAZY trying to track down what the issue was, and somehow a few of the spokes were somewhat loose. The wheel was still true, so I just tightened them a bit while making sure not to tweak the wheel. Fixed 100%. Very possible given your bike is new.
I will check this out! This particular bike is a 2016 (my mountain bike, Orbea Alma) and has taken plenty of abuse, they couldn't loosened over time.
ChrisoftheNorth

[user not found] wrote: Wed Jan 27, 2021 11:58 am @Dplac:

:nice:

Not sure I'm at the point where I want to spend $6k on a bike :doe: (including shipping)...I'm nowhere near advanced enough and probably never will be again.
Desertbreh wrote: Tue Oct 10, 2017 6:40 pm My guess would be that Chris took some time off because he has read the dialogue on this page 1,345 times and decided to spend some of his free time doing something besides beating a horse to death.
ChrisoftheNorth

[user not found] wrote: Wed Jan 27, 2021 12:43 pm
Detroit wrote: Wed Jan 27, 2021 12:11 pm
:nice:

Not sure I'm at the point where I want to spend $6k on a bike :doe: (including shipping)...I'm nowhere near advanced enough and probably never will be again.
Oh I figured since :tits: was out of town you could :waxer: a little. :hubba:
I could...but I'm just a cheapass.

I'm also still really intrigued by fat bikes. Need to get a break from work so I can go chat up the bike shops. Of course, the week the wife leaves work blows up and I can't get away from my computer. :|
ChrisoftheNorth

[user not found] wrote: Wed Jan 27, 2021 1:02 pm
Detroit wrote: Wed Jan 27, 2021 12:47 pm

I'm also still really intrigued by fat bikes. Need to get a break from work so I can go chat up the bike shops. Of course, the week the wife leaves work blows up and I can't get away from my computer. :|
Just take a half day one day?

When was the last time you took a day for yourself?
It's been years...I honestly can't remember.

I leave the last half of my Fridays blocked off on my work calendar to ensure I get a break, at the worst I'll go chat with bike dudes then.
D Griff
Trollistrator
Trollistrator

[user not found] wrote: Wed Jan 27, 2021 12:43 pm

Oh I figured since :tits: was out of town you could :waxer: a little. :hubba:

It's a lot of money... I don't think I'd be willing either.

Definitely get to the shops and check things out!
ChrisoftheNorth

D Griff wrote: Wed Jan 27, 2021 6:43 pm

I'm sure the bike is worth it, it's a great build...i just don't need anything that fancy as I just get back into it.

Friday is my day to check out some shops. If work screws me over again (I've planned to go every day this week then get screwed with work) I'm going to lose it.
D Griff
Trollistrator
Trollistrator

Detroit wrote: Wed Jan 27, 2021 6:54 pm
D Griff wrote: Wed Jan 27, 2021 6:43 pm

I'm sure the bike is worth it, it's a great build...i just don't need anything that fancy as I just get back into it.

Friday is my day to check out some shops. If work screws me over again (I've planned to go every day this week then get screwed with work) I'm going to lose it.
:word: It would no doubt be an amazing bike... but just not really necessary unless you are just craving the best of the best toy. It's like buying a 911 GT3 or something... sure it is amazing, but are you actually having more fun than someone in a Miata?

I wouldn't take the plunge on something like that unless I was riding nearly every day. Hell, I do ride almost daily and I "only" spent $2600 on my most recent bike :troywax:
ChrisoftheNorth

D Griff wrote: Wed Jan 27, 2021 7:04 pm
Detroit wrote: Wed Jan 27, 2021 6:54 pm

:word: It would no doubt be an amazing bike... but just not really necessary unless you are just craving the best of the best toy. It's like buying a 911 GT3 or something... sure it is amazing, but are you actually having more fun than someone in a Miata?

I wouldn't take the plunge on something like that unless I was riding nearly every day. Hell, I do ride almost daily and I "only" spent $2600 on my most recent bike :troywax:
Yea, I'd like to spend $2-3k. That should be a pretty decent bike without being too fancy.
D Griff
Trollistrator
Trollistrator

Detroit wrote: Wed Jan 27, 2021 7:06 pm
D Griff wrote: Wed Jan 27, 2021 7:04 pm

Yea, I'd like to spend $2-3k. That should be a pretty decent bike without being too fancy.
I also find it's preferable to not be "the guy in a 911 getting passed by Miatas at a track day" cycling equivalent.
ChrisoftheNorth

D Griff wrote: Wed Jan 27, 2021 7:13 pm
Detroit wrote: Wed Jan 27, 2021 7:06 pm
I also find it's preferable to not be "the guy in a 911 getting passed by Miatas at a track day" cycling equivalent.
:lolol: :notwrong:

I will say that I'm sure I'd be faster on that bike. My dad built a Pivot with similar specs and price and I felt like superman when I rode it, even out of shape. I'm just trying to prioritize spending so I don't YOLO my cash away (though that sounds kind of appealing sometimes)
D Griff
Trollistrator
Trollistrator

I've done some Peloton rides this week as it's been rainy/shitty and I haven't had any time due to work overload.

It's kind of :disappoint: not having data for :dedong: swinging/tracking, but man, I've gotten a great workout in.

I did 45 minute rides with Alex Toussaint and Olivia Amato. Both were rather challenging. I find the HIIT component to be much harder than the climbing. I certainly seem to excel in real life at climbing so I guess it makes sense.
D Griff
Trollistrator
Trollistrator

[user not found] wrote: Wed Jan 27, 2021 9:10 pm
D Griff wrote: Wed Jan 27, 2021 7:20 pm I've done some Peloton rides this week as it's been rainy/shitty and I haven't had any time due to work overload.

It's kind of :disappoint: not having data for :dedong: swinging/tracking, but man, I've gotten a great workout in.

I did 45 minute rides with Alex Toussaint and Olivia Amato. Both were rather challenging. I find the HIIT component to be much harder than the climbing. I certainly seem to excel in real life at climbing so I guess it makes sense.
I've hit my best results with both of those instructors; their classes are legit. Dan, what's the Pelotube username?
It’s my wife’s :lolol: allyg_clt

Probably pretty easy to tell which rides are mine versus hers. It’s more supplemental for me for rainy days and cross training so I can’t really justify an extra $15/ month when we can share, particularly when the data is compromised due to having the lesser bike.
coogles
First Sirloin
First Sirloin
Drives: Hooptie Crotchfruit Carrier

First Peloton ride is in the books. I did a 30 minute HIIT and climbing ride with Olivia Amati this morning and I am WIPED. We have the plus bike that auto-adjusts the resistance and I let it do its thing, which was initially right in the middle of the ranges she recommended. That was a poor choice. I was fine for the first 10 minutes, sort of got by for the next 5, but after that my legs were totally blown. I figured out I could get the auto-adjust to still work but keep the resistance toward the bottom of the range, but by then it was too late. I finished the ride, but I had to take some 10-15 second breaks along the way to get the lactic acid out. I’m definitely not in real cycling shape.

I can see how people get addicted to this thing, though. Can’t wait to do the next one! My username is Lein_O. Thundercats hoooo! :lol:
D Griff
Trollistrator
Trollistrator

coogles wrote: Fri Jan 29, 2021 8:09 am First Peloton ride is in the books. I did a 30 minute HIIT and climbing ride with Olivia Amati this morning and I am WIPED. We have the plus bike that auto-adjusts the resistance and I let it do its thing, which was initially right in the middle of the ranges she recommended. That was a poor choice. I was fine for the first 10 minutes, sort of got by for the next 5, but after that my legs were totally blown. I figured out I could get the auto-adjust to still work but keep the resistance toward the bottom of the range, but by then it was too late. I finished the ride, but I had to take some 10-15 second breaks along the way to get the lactic acid out. I’m definitely not in real cycling shape.

I can see how people get addicted to this thing, though. Can’t wait to do the next one! My username is Lein_O. Thundercats hoooo! :lol:
:fuckyeah: That's awesome man. You will get beat into shape by the thing. The classes are serious :doe: , I first tried it after about a year of cycling 100ish miles/week and while I can get through a 45 minute class without failure, it is definitely tough every time.
coogles
First Sirloin
First Sirloin

D Griff wrote: Fri Jan 29, 2021 8:55 am :fuckyeah: That's awesome man. You will get beat into shape by the thing. The classes are serious :doe: , I first tried it after about a year of cycling 100ish miles/week and while I can get through a 45 minute class without failure, it is definitely tough every time.
Of that I have no doubt. I'm genetically way more legs than upper body - I think if I really stick with this I'll see some pretty serious improvements pretty quickly. Never gets easier, though, you just get faster. :fuckyeah:
coogles
First Sirloin
First Sirloin

Zil - how do you get those clean Peloton images of your workout summary? I shared the ride with Strava but it definitely doesn’t look like what you’ve posted previously.

edit: Nevermind - In the Peloton app, duh.

D Griff
Trollistrator
Trollistrator

coogles wrote: Fri Jan 29, 2021 1:49 pm Zil - how do you get those clean Peloton images of your workout summary? I shared the ride with Strava but it definitely doesn’t look like what you’ve posted previously.

edit: Nevermind - In the Peloton app, duh.

:nice: That is a pretty solid ride for your first! 49% average resistance is quite a bit.

What is your name on Strava?
coogles
First Sirloin
First Sirloin

D Griff wrote: Fri Jan 29, 2021 2:54 pm :nice: That is a pretty solid ride for your first! 49% average resistance is quite a bit.

I definitely bit off a little more than I could chew for my first ride. I'm thinking if I back down the resistance a skosh I'll actually be able to hit a higher average output over the course of 30 minutes.
D Griff
Trollistrator
Trollistrator

coogles wrote: Fri Jan 29, 2021 3:27 pm
D Griff wrote: Fri Jan 29, 2021 2:54 pm :nice: That is a pretty solid ride for your first! 49% average resistance is quite a bit.

I definitely bit off a little more than I could chew for my first ride. I'm thinking if I back down the resistance a skosh I'll actually be able to hit a higher average output over the course of 30 minutes.
The cool thing with experimenting with all that and seeing the data is you can see where your body performs best and use it to become stronger on the trails/road. I'm :sad: I don't see power on my Peloton workouts because we have the Bowflex bike.

:ohwell:
coogles
First Sirloin
First Sirloin

D Griff wrote: Fri Jan 29, 2021 3:30 pm The cool thing with experimenting with all that and seeing the data is you can see where your body performs best and use it to become stronger on the trails/road. I'm :sad: I don't see power on my Peloton workouts because we have the Bowflex bike.

Eh, you still get 99% of the benefit for a fraction of the price. It's cool and easy to have the Peloton app integrate directly into the bike, and the auto-adjust feature for the resistance is genuinely nice and all, but it's hard to say it's worth the money. :tits: wanted a Peloton, so we got a Peloton. I'd have probably gone for an Airdyne type of bike if it was up to me, but I'll definitely enjoy this thing.
D Griff
Trollistrator
Trollistrator

coogles wrote: Fri Jan 29, 2021 3:35 pm
D Griff wrote: Fri Jan 29, 2021 3:30 pm The cool thing with experimenting with all that and seeing the data is you can see where your body performs best and use it to become stronger on the trails/road. I'm :sad: I don't see power on my Peloton workouts because we have the Bowflex bike.

Eh, you still get 99% of the benefit for a fraction of the price. It's cool and easy to have the Peloton app integrate directly into the bike, and the auto-adjust feature for the resistance is genuinely nice and all, but it's hard to say it's worth the money. :tits: wanted a Peloton, so we got a Peloton. I'd have probably gone for an Airdyne type of bike if it was up to me, but I'll definitely enjoy this thing.
Yeah I still like it... it's cool that we can use other apps and stuff, but any app is a little compromised, Zwift is best with a smart trainer, Peloton with a Peloton. But even still, having heart rate and cadence data is pretty cool and the classes definitely push me :megusta:
ChrisoftheNorth

Welp, bikes sold out across town and shops claim they can't even order for customers because supply is so messed up. Did find one shop that has an XL fat bike in their rental fleet :doe: so going to schedule some time to ride it next week.

:excited:
coogles
First Sirloin
First Sirloin

[user not found] wrote: Sat Jan 30, 2021 5:46 pm
I was wondering who just followed me. :lol:

Awesome! Glad you finally got it, and I’m :jelly: of that auto-resistance function.
:lolol: :hai:

Just me creepin.

Thanks for the tip! I’ll be sure to sign for that six week intro. Looking forward to getting better. :like: