Dem bicicletas dos, doe.

Health, fitness, and nutrition freaks, lets see those gainz.
coogles
First Sirloin
First Sirloin
Drives: Hooptie Crotchfruit Carrier

New FTP PR this morning - 240W. 10 more to go!

:fuckyeah:

D Griff
Trollistrator
Trollistrator
Drives: Bicycles/Two Feet

coogles wrote: Sat Mar 02, 2024 7:11 am
D Griff wrote: Fri Mar 01, 2024 7:55 pm Image
:nice:

Looks like you and he-who-shall-not-be-named had a good time. His new SuperSix is :megusta:.
It’s a nice machine. I rode his Caad 10 which was quite solid as well.
D Griff
Trollistrator
Trollistrator

coogles wrote: Sat Mar 02, 2024 7:17 am New FTP PR this morning - 240W. 10 more to go!

:fuckyeah:

coogles
First Sirloin
First Sirloin

D Griff wrote: Sat Mar 02, 2024 7:47 am
coogles wrote: Sat Mar 02, 2024 7:11 am

Looks like you and he-who-shall-not-be-named had a good time. His new SuperSix is :megusta:.
It’s a nice machine. I rode his Caad 10 which was quite solid as well.
:yesth:

Never should have sold mine. :disappoint:
D Griff
Trollistrator
Trollistrator

:ramz: brakes on carbon wheels isn’t the most confidence inspiring though.
coogles
First Sirloin
First Sirloin

D Griff wrote: Sat Mar 02, 2024 8:25 am :ramz: brakes on carbon wheels isn’t the most confidence inspiring though.
Dayum. Y'all did 87 miles? :stravacreepin:

Rim brakes on carbon would seem to be no bueno. If I still had mine I'd probably stick to alloy rims but build them up with some carbon bladed spokes and nice hubs.
Johnny_P
Chief Master Sirloin of the Wasteful Steak
Drives: Blue short bus

D Griff wrote: Sat Mar 02, 2024 8:25 am :ramz: brakes on carbon wheels isn’t the most confidence inspiring though.
I demoed a rim brake carbon setup a few years ago and the braking was horrible.
D Griff
Trollistrator
Trollistrator

Johnny_P wrote: Mon Mar 18, 2024 3:06 pm
I can't imagine it in the wet.

Did some cycling this weekend. I have a tradition of riding 2X my age on my birthday, turned 35 Saturday so went out and did 71 miles. I hit about a 40 mile group ride and then 30 solo, I wound up averaging 20.2 MPH so I was pretty stoked on that. It was my first big ride with the Ultegra Di2 setup and new Hunt wheels. The Di2 is honestly amazing.

Sunday the wife and I and some friends rode around to some breweries/bars/eateries as well which was fun.

I think I'm going to do this on Saturday pending weather: https://center.whitewater.org/race/the- ... G8QAvD_BwE
J-Ho-Fo-Show69
Ground Chuck
Ground Chuck
Drives: 328, TJ, Grand Trailhawk

D Griff wrote: Mon Mar 18, 2024 3:34 pm

Did some cycling this weekend. I have a tradition of riding 2X my age on my birthday, turned 35 Saturday so went out and did 71 miles. I hit about a 40 mile group ride and then 30 solo, I wound up averaging 20.2 MPH so I was pretty stoked on that. It was my first big ride with the Ultegra Di2 setup and new Hunt wheels. The Di2 is honestly amazing.

Sunday the wife and I and some friends rode around to some breweries/bars/eateries as well which was fun.

I think I'm going to do this on Saturday pending weather: https://center.whitewater.org/race/the- ... G8QAvD_BwE
Pics from yesterday..
D Griff
Trollistrator
Trollistrator

Peep those Velosambas.
Johnny_P
Drives: Blue short bus

Damn you’re fast. I have never averaged that on any ride.
D Griff
Trollistrator
Trollistrator

Johnny_P wrote: Mon Mar 18, 2024 8:04 pm

I was stoked on that, generally I'm ~18 MPH riding road solo, sometimes faster. I was faster back in 2021, trying to get back to that level but I don't have the time I did during COVID/my inside sales gig.
coogles
First Sirloin
First Sirloin

D Griff wrote: Tue Mar 19, 2024 9:20 am
Johnny_P wrote: Mon Mar 18, 2024 8:04 pm

I was stoked on that, generally I'm ~18 MPH riding road solo, sometimes faster. I was faster back in 2021, trying to get back to that level but I don't have the time I did during COVID/my inside sales gig.
Yeah that's moving. How much do you feel like the wheels helped?
D Griff
Trollistrator
Trollistrator

coogles wrote: Tue Mar 19, 2024 10:09 am
D Griff wrote: Tue Mar 19, 2024 9:20 am

Yeah that's moving. How much do you feel like the wheels helped?
Man... very hard to say. :iono:

I set off on the group ride portion with the A group and got dropped pretty much where I normally get dropped 10 miles in. They average like 24+ MPH, I enjoy hanging on the back for dear life as long as I can, generally 8-10 miles. Bacially I averaged 20.0ish solo which definitely seems fast, particularly as it was on the back half of the ride. I also got lucky with lights, it was lower traffic than usual, etc.

So I think they helped a bit but def not life changing. I'd say both are cool but the Di2 was probably money better spent, every shift is perfect every time and it's just so easy to set up versus ducking with internal cable routing and such.
coogles
First Sirloin
First Sirloin

D Griff wrote: Tue Mar 19, 2024 10:57 am Man... very hard to say. :iono:

I set off on the group ride portion with the A group and got dropped pretty much where I normally get dropped 10 miles in. They average like 24+ MPH, I enjoy hanging on the back for dear life as long as I can, generally 8-10 miles. Bacially I averaged 20.0ish solo which definitely seems fast, particularly as it was on the back half of the ride. I also got lucky with lights, it was lower traffic than usual, etc.

So I think they helped a bit but def not life changing. I'd say both are cool but the Di2 was probably money better spent, every shift is perfect every time and it's just so easy to set up versus ducking with internal cable routing and such.
That's fair, especially when you also did Di2 at the same time.

I've gotta think it'd make a big difference on my bike shaving 500 grams of rotating mass, plus the aero benefits. Here's hoping I can make that happen this summer.
D Griff
Trollistrator
Trollistrator

coogles wrote: Tue Mar 19, 2024 11:43 am
D Griff wrote: Tue Mar 19, 2024 10:57 am Man... very hard to say. :iono:

I've gotta think it'd make a big difference on my bike shaving 500 grams of rotating mass, plus the aero benefits. Here's hoping I can make that happen this summer.
My bike did go from 20.5 to 18.3 pounds. It feels like I really have a :fancy: dentist bike now which is kind of fun, but also now no excuses to not be fast. I did also get carbon bars too. All of it was $1800, so :notbad: :ramz: , shifting, brakes, bars.
coogles
First Sirloin
First Sirloin

D Griff wrote: Tue Mar 19, 2024 11:50 am
coogles wrote: Tue Mar 19, 2024 11:43 am

My bike did go from 20.5 to 18.3 pounds. It feels like I really have a :fancy: dentist bike now which is kind of fun, but also now no excuses to not be fast. I did also get carbon bars too. All of it was $1800, so :notbad: :ramz: , shifting, brakes, bars.
:impressive:

I'm hoping I'll get there eventually, but just a set of wheels should get me a good chunk of the way. Maybe one day I'll be as fast as you and you know who.

Speaking of being fast, the new watt targets in my workouts based on my 240W FTP test are really mean. It's going to be awhile before I feel like I'm dominating my output targets like I was before this last test. That 250W FTP goal still feels like a stretch, but we'll see. :notsure: when I'm going to test again.
D Griff
Trollistrator
Trollistrator

coogles wrote: Tue Mar 19, 2024 8:12 pm
D Griff wrote: Tue Mar 19, 2024 11:50 am

:impressive:

I'm hoping I'll get there eventually, but just a set of wheels should get me a good chunk of the way. Maybe one day I'll be as fast as you and you know who.

Speaking of being fast, the new watt targets in my workouts based on my 240W FTP test are really mean. It's going to be awhile before I feel like I'm dominating my output targets like I was before this last test. That 250W FTP goal still feels like a stretch, but we'll see. :notsure: when I'm going to test again.
I'm thinking maybe the wheels do make a diff. I picked up a KOM on this evening's ride and a couple other top 10 finishes. It was also windy AF so I chased down a few segments on the way back north when the wind was pushing at my back.