Sawce's contest prep...

Health, fitness, and nutrition freaks, lets see those gainz.
SAWCE
Command Chief Master Sirloin
Drives: Ebombtra

max225 wrote: Wed Nov 07, 2018 6:41 pm looking good :bruh: No homo
Thanks dude!
max225
Chief Master Sirloin of the Wasteful Steak
Drives: Taco+ Bavarian lemon

SAWCE wrote: Wed Nov 07, 2018 6:46 pm
max225 wrote: Wed Nov 07, 2018 6:41 pm Random Q, are steroids legal? (Assuming they are since you're taking them) and How does one get them?
Completely illegal. I just assume this is a safe space and :narc: ain't gonna :narc: on me.

If you want to try to legally get them, you can see your doctor and have him test you for low testosterone. Generally the problem with that route though, is that they'll only put you on test, and you'll typically need an anti-estrogen to manage the increase in estrogen conversion in your body. There are lots of "hormone clinics" now though, where they do more comprehensive testing, and will put you on test, something to block the conversion to estrogen, HCG to keep your nuts from atrophying, and some will even go so far as to offer other steroids like deca, or growth hormone, and IGF-1 if you're really lucky. If you go that route, it's legal. Everything I do is underground.
Oh got it. Don't take this the wrong way but I am mainly curious. So are you doing it because "everyone is doing it" and it is an open secret as long as you stop long enough before the comp, it'll be out of your system or are you cheatin? Not passing judgment but I just wanted to sort of know more about the whole thing, as I always wondered how some guys get these incredible physiques.

I have done quite a bit of working out and generally hit a wall at some point or another.

Are you experiencing any side effects with the Test? Hairloss, Acne, Sex stuff, Sleep stuff, Anger etc? The side effects can be quite scary from what I gather.

Also have you ever checked your test levels? and where do you stand compared to "normal"?
SAWCE

max225 wrote: Wed Nov 07, 2018 6:55 pm
SAWCE wrote: Wed Nov 07, 2018 6:46 pm

Completely illegal. I just assume this is a safe space and :narc: ain't gonna :narc: on me.

If you want to try to legally get them, you can see your doctor and have him test you for low testosterone. Generally the problem with that route though, is that they'll only put you on test, and you'll typically need an anti-estrogen to manage the increase in estrogen conversion in your body. There are lots of "hormone clinics" now though, where they do more comprehensive testing, and will put you on test, something to block the conversion to estrogen, HCG to keep your nuts from atrophying, and some will even go so far as to offer other steroids like deca, or growth hormone, and IGF-1 if you're really lucky. If you go that route, it's legal. Everything I do is underground.
Oh got it. Don't take this the wrong way but I am mainly curious. So are you doing it because "everyone is doing it" and it is an open secret as long as you stop long enough before the comp, it'll be out of your system or are you cheatin? Not passing judgment but I just wanted to sort of know more about the whole thing, as I always wondered how some guys get these incredible physiques.

I have done quite a bit of working out and generally hit a wall at some point or another.

Are you experiencing any side effects with the Test? Hairloss, Acne, Sex stuff, Sleep stuff, Anger etc? The side effects can be quite scary from what I gather.

Also have you ever checked your test levels? and where do you stand compared to "normal"?
No offense at all.

There are natural BB federations where they drug test, and then there is the IFBB/NPC where it's just openly known that everyone is on steroids and there is no testing. Anyone you see up on the Olympia stage or on IG with IFBB or NPC references are on juice.

I had dabbled with them in the past, so I wouldn't have felt right doing a natural show, so I decided to take the plunge full in sign up for the NPC and use them for this show, and for the foreseeable future. I want to push my body past where my genetic limitation for building muscle would be, and steroids/HGH are the only way to do that.

I got my levels checked a few years ago before jumping on, and I was in the "normal" range with a total test score of 670 or something like that. With everything I'm running right now, I imagine that number would be in the 3000-4000 range.

Over summer when it was hot out, I did get a little bit of acne on my chest/back/shoulders, but it was managable. Hairloss will only happen if it's already in your genes. My hair was thin before jumping on, and the test actually doesn't affect it, but the tren that I'm running right now thins it out. When I come off tren it fills back out a little bit. Other side effects will be bad lipid profiles, it lowers your good cholesterol and increases bad cholesterol, but that can be managed with healthy eating and basic supplementation.

That's all I can think of off the top of my head, but feel free to ask questions any time and I'll answer as honestly and knowledgably as I can.

Edit: I missed your other side effects lists.. I haven't had a loss in sex drive. It's possible with some compounds like the deca that I mentioned, but generally speaking as long as you use more test than deca you won't lose any. Mine is actually much higher while I'm on gear than it naturally is. I've always had trouble sleeping so that one is hard for me to quantify, but I did notice that when we increased my tren dose a few weeks ago I was having worse sleep than usual. That's a known side effect of that drug. Not something that most people should see on test. Anger again is gonna be like the hair loss. If you're aggressive, you'll likely be more aggressive with extra test in your system. I'm pretty passive by nature, so I don't notice any extra anger or aggression. Most reports of side effects are pretty overblown in an attemp to scare people away from the stuff, but there can definitely be some negative effects.
max225

SAWCE wrote: Wed Nov 07, 2018 7:14 pm
max225 wrote: Wed Nov 07, 2018 6:55 pm

No offense at all.

There are natural BB federations where they drug test, and then there is the IFBB/NPC where it's just openly known that everyone is on steroids and there is no testing. Anyone you see up on the Olympia stage or on IG with IFBB or NPC references are on juice.

I had dabbled with them in the past, so I wouldn't have felt right doing a natural show, so I decided to take the plunge full in sign up for the NPC and use them for this show, and for the foreseeable future. I want to push my body past where my genetic limitation for building muscle would be, and steroids/HGH are the only way to do that.

I got my levels checked a few years ago before jumping on, and I was in the "normal" range with a total test score of 670 or something like that. With everything I'm running right now, I imagine that number would be in the 3000-4000 range.

Over summer when it was hot out, I did get a little bit of acne on my chest/back/shoulders, but it was managable. Hairloss will only happen if it's already in your genes. My hair was thin before jumping on, and the test actually doesn't affect it, but the tren that I'm running right now thins it out. When I come off tren it fills back out a little bit. Other side effects will be bad lipid profiles, it lowers your good cholesterol and increases bad cholesterol, but that can be managed with healthy eating and basic supplementation.

That's all I can think of off the top of my head, but feel free to ask questions any time and I'll answer as honestly and knowledgably as I can.

Edit: I missed your other side effects lists.. I haven't had a loss in sex drive. It's possible with some compounds like the deca that I mentioned, but generally speaking as long as you use more test than deca you won't lose any. Mine is actually much higher while I'm on gear than it naturally is. I've always had trouble sleeping so that one is hard for me to quantify, but I did notice that when we increased my tren dose a few weeks ago I was having worse sleep than usual. That's a known side effect of that drug. Not something that most people should see on test. Anger again is gonna be like the hair loss. If you're aggressive, you'll likely be more aggressive with extra test in your system. I'm pretty passive by nature, so I don't notice any extra anger or aggression. Most reports of side effects are pretty overblown in an attemp to scare people away from the stuff, but there can definitely be some negative effects.
:neat: so no trouble sleeping or below the waist ? That's :impressive: How many hrs do you work out a day? and what is your cal intake?
SAWCE

max225 wrote: Wed Nov 07, 2018 7:33 pm

No offense at all.

:neat: so no trouble sleeping or below the waist ? That's :impressive: How many hrs do you work out a day? and what is your cal intake?
A little trouble sleeping, but I grabbed a high CBD content vape pen :millennial: and that's been helping.

Right now my gym time and calories are kinda crazy since we're prepping so hard for the show.

I'm in the gym for an hour every single morning doing cardio before I eat anything. Then 6 days a week I'm lifting. My sessions aren't too long. 4-5 exercises for 3-4 sets each typically. Runs me anywhere from 50-90 minutes.

Calories right now are sitting at 2735ish, which is low for me with how fast my metabolism is. 315 grams of protein, 145 grams of carbs, and 94 grams of fat.

Three weeks ago we started implementing a weekly cheat meal to help keep my metabolism up and to get me some extra carbs for energy in the gym.
max225

SAWCE wrote: Wed Nov 07, 2018 7:44 pm

A little trouble sleeping, but I grabbed a high CBD content vape pen :millennial: and that's been helping.

Right now my gym time and calories are kinda crazy since we're prepping so hard for the show.

I'm in the gym for an hour every single morning doing cardio before I eat anything. Then 6 days a week I'm lifting. My sessions aren't too long. 4-5 exercises for 3-4 sets each typically. Runs me anywhere from 50-90 minutes.

Calories right now are sitting at 2735ish, which is low for me with how fast my metabolism is. 315 grams of protein, 145 grams of carbs, and 94 grams of fat.

Three weeks ago we started implementing a weekly cheat meal to help keep my metabolism up and to get me some extra carbs for energy in the gym.
Curious why does your lifting take that long? 4-5 exercises at 3/4 sets should take at most 45min, unless you're resting a bit in between?

Are you going super heavy on the reps?
2700 is a very decent amount.
SAWCE

max225 wrote: Wed Nov 07, 2018 7:48 pm

Curious why does your lifting take that long? 4-5 exercises at 3/4 sets should take at most 45min, unless you're resting a bit in between?

Are you going super heavy on the reps?
2700 is a very decent amount.
Yeah I’m still lifting as heavy as possible to stimulate my body to hold I to muscle mass and not shed it with the fat I’m dropping. The whole “lift lighter for higher reps to tone” is BS. Still squatting 315, deadlifting 365, incline benching in the 200s. On those heavy compound lifts I’m taking 1.5-3 minutes between sets so that I can recover and get a good number of reps on my next set. As my workout progresses and I move towards lighter isolation movements my rest times decrease. Shortest I’ll give myself is 30 seconds, but 45-60 is good for most isolation moves. I can post up my full back day from yesterday if interested.

Another thing that adds to my time is I’m doing my reps relatively slow, at least on the lowering eccentric phase. I target 40-70 seconds of work per set since thatvhs been shown to have the greatest effect on hypertrophy.
haleyann
Chief Patty Officer
Chief Patty Officer
Drives: Forester & Fiata

:mindblown:

I struggle to get 70g protein, I can't imagine over 300!
SAWCE

haleyann wrote: Thu Nov 15, 2018 1:00 pm

A few scoops of whey protein a day helps, but for people who don't want to "supplement" their protein intake, drinking egg whites is easy and red meat is definitely the tastiest way to get it in.
haleyann
Chief Patty Officer
Chief Patty Officer

SAWCE wrote: Thu Nov 15, 2018 1:02 pm
haleyann wrote: Thu Nov 15, 2018 1:00 pm

A few scoops of whey protein a day helps, but for people who don't want to "supplement" their protein intake, drinking egg whites is easy and red meat is definitely the tastiest way to get it in.
what do you mix your whey protein with? I blend mine with frozen bananas, almond milk, and a little peanut butter for a "healthy" dessert, can still be kinda high calorie but at least it's got good stuff in it. I just haven't figured out any other ways to use it that taste good.
SAWCE

haleyann wrote: Thu Nov 15, 2018 1:07 pm
SAWCE wrote: Thu Nov 15, 2018 1:02 pm

what do you mix your whey protein with? I blend mine with frozen bananas, almond milk, and a little peanut butter for a "healthy" dessert, can still be kinda high calorie but at least it's got good stuff in it. I just haven't figured out any other ways to use it that taste good.
Just water for the most part. I use peanut butter in one of them for part of my fat intake, and when I used to get to eat a banana after the gym I'd blend that into the protein sometimes.

What brand do you use? Optimum Nutrition stuff usually tastes pretty good, I really like all of the Animal flavors I've tried except for their salted caramel. I've definitely tried some nasty brands over the years, so finding one with a good flavoring profile is huge.
Desertbreh
Chief Master Sirloin
Chief Master Sirloin

No offense at all.

His lifting and other workouts are in the wheelhouse of most people who exercise frequently. What is NOT is the wheelhouse of most people is the incredible detail he pays to calorie intake. Every meal, every day is a measurement. Also zero alcohol. Annnnnnd a few chemicals.
Detroit wrote:Buy 911s instead of diamonds.
Johnny_P wrote: Thu Feb 09, 2023 3:21 pm Earn it and burn it, Val.
max225 wrote: Mon May 01, 2023 5:35 pm Yes it's a cool car. But prepare the lube/sawdust.
SAWCE

Desertbreh wrote: Thu Nov 15, 2018 1:11 pm

His lifting and other workouts are in the wheelhouse of most people who exercise frequently. What is NOT is the wheelhouse of most people is the incredible detail he pays to calorie intake. Every meal, every day is a measurement. Also zero alcohol. Annnnnnd a few chemicals.
:dat: Before anyone hops on juice to break through a plateau, I recommend a strict diet with your hard training for a good year first.

The juice can definitely break you past a sticking point and help your physique, but so can the strict diet, and if you do that first and then add in the juice after, you'll get even better results from the juice and use it to actually enhance what you're doing instead of using it as a crutch like I see a lot of young kids do.
haleyann
Chief Patty Officer
Chief Patty Officer

SAWCE wrote: Thu Nov 15, 2018 1:11 pm
haleyann wrote: Thu Nov 15, 2018 1:07 pm

Just water for the most part. I use peanut butter in one of them for part of my fat intake, and when I used to get to eat a banana after the gym I'd blend that into the protein sometimes.

What brand do you use? Optimum Nutrition stuff usually tastes pretty good, I really like all of the Animal flavors I've tried except for their salted caramel. I've definitely tried some nasty brands over the years, so finding one with a good flavoring profile is huge.
I got the whole foods brand in vanilla. I had never used protein before, but I read on reddit that the whole foods one was decent so I got a small container of it. I don't use it every day, mostly just on days I go vegetarian or am lacking protein. I'm running kinda low now so maybe I'll check out some other brands.
SAWCE

haleyann wrote: Thu Nov 15, 2018 1:40 pm
SAWCE wrote: Thu Nov 15, 2018 1:11 pm

I got the whole foods brand in vanilla. I had never used protein before, but I read on reddit that the whole foods one was decent so I got a small container of it. I don't use it every day, mostly just on days I go vegetarian or am lacking protein. I'm running kinda low now so maybe I'll check out some other brands.
I've never tried theirs, so I can't comment on it's taste vs any other. But check out bodybuilding.com for a huge selection. Animal is doing 25% off their whey over there right now, the discount is applied in your cart automatically, and if you text me, I can shoot you a code for an extra 10% off your order. They have a new Apple Pie flavor that I might pick up myself to try out.
My current favorites from them are Strawberry for something easy, mint chocolate chip, chocolate coconut, and then the brownie batter.
haleyann
Chief Patty Officer
Chief Patty Officer

SAWCE wrote: Thu Nov 15, 2018 1:58 pm

I've never tried theirs, so I can't comment on it's taste vs any other. But check out bodybuilding.com for a huge selection. Animal is doing 25% off their whey over there right now, the discount is applied in your cart automatically, and if you text me, I can shoot you a code for an extra 10% off your order. They have a new Apple Pie flavor that I might pick up myself to try out.
My current favorites from them are Strawberry for something easy, mint chocolate chip, chocolate coconut, and then the brownie batter.
Oh man I am a sucker for anything chocolate coconut. I’ll look into that, thanks!
haleyann
Chief Patty Officer
Chief Patty Officer

Oh man I am a sucker for anything chocolate coconut. I’ll look into that, thanks!
SAWCE

haleyann wrote: Thu Nov 15, 2018 2:41 pm

I literally just finished drinking that with 2tbsp of peanut butter mixed in. I bet if you mix it with almond milk like you do it'll taste like an Almond Joy.
D Griff
Trollistrator
Trollistrator
Drives: Bicycles/Two Feet

haleyann wrote:
SAWCE wrote: Thu Nov 15, 2018 1:11 pm Just water for the most part. I use peanut butter in one of them for part of my fat intake, and when I used to get to eat a banana after the gym I'd blend that into the protein sometimes.

Optimum Nutrition has pretty good macros, tastes decent, isn't expensive. I don't really like it with water but suffer through sometimes. It's definitely better if the water if cold.

It's good just mixed with milk (especially chocolate) and I also like vanilla with Greek yogurt and some fruit as like a parfait of sorts. Also, Greek yogurt, chocolate whey, and powdered peanut butter is pretty good.

Sent from my Pixel using Tapatalk

SAWCE

D Griff wrote: Thu Nov 15, 2018 8:53 pm
haleyann wrote:
Optimum Nutrition has pretty good macros, tastes decent, isn't expensive. I don't really like it with water but suffer through sometimes. It's definitely better if the water if cold.

It's good just mixed with milk (especially chocolate) and I also like vanilla with Greek yogurt and some fruit as like a parfait of sorts. Also, Greek yogurt, chocolate whey, and powdered peanut butter is pretty good.

Sent from my Pixel using Tapatalk
Yeah mixing them into plain or vanilla Greek yogurt to make a pudding is awesome. I forgot about that since I haven’t had yogurt in my diet in a while. I found that 1 cup of yoigurt to one full scoop of whey is a nice consistency without it feeling chalky at all. It’s a great high protein meal too with some good healthy dairy fats if you have room for them in your diet and buy the 2% fat yogurt or whatever. I never tried adding fresh fruit to it, but I have added granola for some crunch. The fruit is a solid idea.
SAWCE

Two weeks out today! Jesus this has flown by. Last week my weight dropped to 186.4. He had me take a cheat meal on Sunday, and then we added a cup of carbs back into my daily diet to make sure I don’t lose too much and start dropping muscle mass. 50g of carbs post workout. My post workout meal is my last of the day during the week, and I slept noticeably better this week getting that extra food in there during it. With those change I dropped down to 186.0 for today’s weigh-in. He’s at the NPC nationals out in Miami today with one of his other clients, so no posing in person. Took all my mandatory shots this morning after the normal three I send every Saturday. Didn’t realize my front flag got switched to “on” so they exposed kinda dark as it fought the lights in my bedroom...

SAWCE

Mandatories:
Symmetry round:
Front relaxed:

Quarter turn to the right:

Size and shape round:
Front double biceps:

Side chest:

Rear double biceps:

Abs and thighs:

Favorite classic pose:

Looking at them, I feel pretty good about both how I look and how I pose. On my front double bicep I need to flex my lats a bit harder so they pop out wider. Same with rear double bicep, but we wants me holding that inner position that I got the picture of for a few seconds before flaring them since I have so much detail in my back. Side chest I could twist a little more to open my upper body up and make my waist look smaller.

wap
Drives: Blue Meanie

SAWCE wrote: Sat Nov 17, 2018 8:42 am
Favorite classic pose:
Full blown Zeus mode, brah.
:wap: Where are these mangos?
Detroit wrote: Fri Apr 16, 2021 1:19 pm I don't understand anything anymore.
SAWCE

wap wrote: Sat Nov 17, 2018 10:29 am
SAWCE wrote: Sat Nov 17, 2018 8:42 am
Favorite classic pose:
Itty bitty :jalepenis: and everything!
wap
Drives: Blue Meanie

SAWCE wrote: Sat Nov 17, 2018 11:49 am
wap wrote: Sat Nov 17, 2018 10:29 am

Itty bitty :jalepenis: and everything!
:lolol:
:wap: Where are these mangos?
Detroit wrote: Fri Apr 16, 2021 1:19 pm I don't understand anything anymore.