Dem bicicletas, doe

Health, fitness, and nutrition freaks, lets see those gainz.
Johnny_P
Chief Master Sirloin of the Wasteful Steak
Drives: Blue short bus

Gberg2119 wrote: Thu Sep 20, 2018 3:31 pm
Johnny_P wrote:Saucon Valley Bikes has Giant Trances, an Anthem Advanced Hilighter, the full Santa Cruz lineup, and some Pivot Trail429 and such all in stock. Road trip?
I can ride Saturday.

Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk
GF asked me on a date Saturday. IDK what that means, if it's at night or all day or what.
Gberg2119
First Sirloin
First Sirloin
Drives: W///

Johnny_P wrote:
Gberg2119 wrote: Thu Sep 20, 2018 3:31 pm I can ride Saturday.

GF asked me on a date Saturday. IDK what that means, if it's at night or all day or what.
Push for a date night then.

Gberg2119
First Sirloin
First Sirloin

Saturday nox anybody?
Johnny_P

If I ride Saturday I'm staying in Philly. Would be a good gravel day. I'll see if I can get the tire to seat any better.
Apex
Drives: Abominable

Johnny_P wrote: Fri Sep 21, 2018 2:32 pm If I ride Saturday I'm staying in Philly. Would be a good gravel day. I'll see if I can get the tire to seat any better.
:sass:
Gberg2119
First Sirloin
First Sirloin

[user not found] wrote:
Gberg2119 wrote: Fri Sep 21, 2018 2:00 pm Saturday nox anybody?
You fools and your Saturday riding. Image

Go ride.
I'd ride again Sunday but I'm going to the sportsball game.

Also, the mechanic at guys said I should be riding at at least 45psi with tubes. Riding at 35 likely causes the tube to bunch up in the tire.

Johnny_P

[user not found] wrote: Fri Sep 21, 2018 7:01 pm
Gberg2119 wrote: Fri Sep 21, 2018 5:38 pm I'd ride again Sunday but I'm going to the sportsball game.

Also, the mechanic at guys said I should be riding at at least 45psi with tubes. Riding at 35 likely causes the tube to bunch up in the tire.

Come again?

That’s the most retarded thing I’ve ever heard. And I’ve been trained by trained bike mechanics.

They’re just washing their hands of a shitty install. Someone rushed the install.
Wha happan?
Bunching up inside the tire? Wut? Only way that a tube is bunching anywhere is if it's way too large for the tire width. Like, if I put my 2.0-2.4" 29er MTB tube into my 35-40c cross tires.

Are the rams tubeless ready? If they are they have a bead seat and you can more or less pump them to whatever you want so long as the tires are seated.

If the pressure is too low they will have increased tendency to pinch flat. That's when the tube gets wedged between the tire bead and the rim and, well, pinches. I'd say you're good to like 35 PSI with tubes. Maybe 25 if you have bead seats on the rim.
Gberg2119
First Sirloin
First Sirloin

[user not found] wrote:
Gberg2119 wrote: Fri Sep 21, 2018 5:38 pm I'd ride again Sunday but I'm going to the sportsball game.

Come again?

That’s the most retarded thing I’ve ever heard. And I’ve been trained by trained bike mechanics.

They’re just washing their hands of a shitty install. Someone rushed the install.
That's what he told me. I brought the tube in and he said some of the crosshatching on the tube was due to riding under-inflated. That in turn caused the tube to bunch up at the valve stem causing the pinch flat. :iono:

There was definitely a hole in the tube that I found with the water bucket trick but I did not see any punctures on the inside of the tire.

Gberg2119
First Sirloin
First Sirloin

Johnny_P wrote:
[user not found] wrote: Fri Sep 21, 2018 7:01 pm Come again?

Wha happan?
Bunching up inside the tire? Wut? Only way that a tube is bunching anywhere is if it's way too large for the tire width. Like, if I put my 2.0-2.4" 29er MTB tube into my 35-40c cross tires.

Are the rams tubeless ready? If they are they have a bead seat and you can more or less pump them to whatever you want so long as the tires are seated.

If the pressure is too low they will have increased tendency to pinch flat. That's when the tube gets wedged between the tire bead and the rim and, well, pinches. I'd say you're good to like 35 PSI with tubes. Maybe 25 if you have bead seats on the rim.
It was a 2.4 tube inside a 2.4 tire. I got a pinch flat on the canal path last week. When I was pulling the tire off I noticed that the tube was kind of twisted by the valvestem.

After I had it off I inflated it again and saw the tube was pretty deformed around the valve stem. I've never seen that before.

Ramz are not tubeless ready.

Johnny_P

That was just a shit tube. It’s not expanded there meaning it’s thicker material and look at all those vulcanized seams all over the place there.

Throw it out start over is what I vote. Also don’t tighten the lock nut on the valve stem until the tire is inflated then just snug it up so it doesn’t rattle and loosen itself. I don’t even ride with those.
Gberg2119
First Sirloin
First Sirloin

Johnny_P wrote:That was just a shit tube. It’s not expanded there meaning it’s thicker material and look at all those vulcanized seams all over the place there.

Throw it out start over is what I vote. Also don’t tighten the lock nut on the valve stem until the tire is inflated then just snug it up so it doesn’t rattle and loosen itself. I don’t even ride with those.
I did throw it out and I also waited to put the lock nut on until after inflation. We'll see how it goes.

D Griff
Trollistrator
Trollistrator
Drives: Bicycles/Two Feet

Johnny_P wrote:

I'm famous! And maybe farting, not sure.
:notbad:
Johnny_P

New wheels for the Rambunctious Rhino. Light AF but still 32 spokes each, should save nearly 2 lbs. Not bad. Now we wait for my back ordered SLX rotors.

Tubeless here we come.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
coogles
First Sirloin
First Sirloin
Drives: Hooptie Crotchfruit Carrier

:fuckyeah:

Johnny_P

Rotors are still back ordered 3 weeks after I placed the order.... :really:

Maybe I need to call competitive cyclist and cancel and re-order through jenson? Just SLX level stuff...
Apex

Johnny_P wrote: Thu Sep 27, 2018 12:11 pm Rotors are still back ordered 3 weeks after I placed the order.... :really:

Maybe I need to call competitive cyclist and cancel and re-order through jenson? Just SLX level stuff...
:boxodicks:
Johnny_P

Apex wrote: Thu Sep 27, 2018 12:17 pm
Johnny_P wrote: Thu Sep 27, 2018 12:11 pm Rotors are still back ordered 3 weeks after I placed the order.... :really:

Now even online bike warehouses don't stock parts :impressive:
Johnny_P

Lisa carried my wheel box back from the post office. It was a fucking mondo box. :lolol:

She was very :sass: about that :lolol:
Apex

Johnny_P wrote: Thu Sep 27, 2018 12:22 pm
Apex wrote: Thu Sep 27, 2018 12:17 pm

Bikes aren't going to be around much longer. :doomed:
Johnny_P

Apex wrote: Thu Sep 27, 2018 12:24 pm
Johnny_P wrote: Thu Sep 27, 2018 12:22 pm

Bikes aren't going to be around much longer. :doomed:
Virtual biking. Like the Peloton.
Devilchrono
Meat Patty 1st Class
Meat Patty 1st Class
Drives: 22’ Chevy Blazer

So, now that little man is 1, and the wife and I have decided we need to start getting more active along with him, we're looking at getting outside more this coming Spring. Easiest option I can see, besides walking the neighborhood and small park down the street, would be getting bikes and a trailer type thing for one of them. We can't break the bank on anything, but I was wondering if I could get pointed in the right direction of some bikes that would be inexpensive, reliable, and could handle both road and unpaved (but heavily packed) dirt/gravel trail. Obviously, everything would be super low speed and no going balls to the wall.
coogles
First Sirloin
First Sirloin

[user not found] wrote: Fri Sep 28, 2018 9:40 am Basement miles don't totally replace real miles. But they do most certainly help.

I had an amazing ride yesterday and totally lucked out with the weather - 75 miles round trip with 4200+ feet of climbing. Finally starting to beat some climb segment times I set in 2013, which was the last time I was in any semblance of good shape. :fuckyeah:
75 miles? :impressive:

That's probably how many miles I've put on my CAAD in the last 3 years combined. :disappoint:

Anyone want it? 54cm, clear anodized, SRAM Rival groupset.
coogles
First Sirloin
First Sirloin

[user not found] wrote: Fri Sep 28, 2018 10:32 am I've done 1500+ miles this year so far - most I've ridden since 2013. Granted... 460 of those miles are on the Peloton, but they've certainly helped.

54cm is a smallish bike, how tall are you?
5'10". I was inbetween the 54 and 56, but I probably should have gone with the 56. I ended up needing a longer stem on the 54 and the saddle is pretty high because 33" inseam, so it's a pretty aggressive position now. That's probably a big part of the reason I never ride it, after two hours my shoulders and back are more tired than my legs are.
Johnny_P

coogles wrote: Fri Sep 28, 2018 10:43 am
[user not found] wrote: Fri Sep 28, 2018 10:32 am I've done 1500+ miles this year so far - most I've ridden since 2013. Granted... 460 of those miles are on the Peloton, but they've certainly helped.

54cm is a smallish bike, how tall are you?
5'10". I was inbetween the 54 and 56, but I probably should have gone with the 56. I ended up needing a longer stem on the 54 and the saddle is pretty high because 33" inseam, so it's a pretty aggressive position now. That's probably a big part of the reason I never ride it, after two hours my shoulders and back are more tired than my legs are.
Oh wow yeah that bike is likely way too small for you
coogles
First Sirloin
First Sirloin

Well, here's to hoping someone will take it off my hands. I've had a couple nibbles on a local Facebook bicycling swap group, but nothing real firm yet. Everyone at the LBS goes gaga over the clear anodized frame and the post has generated a lot of interest, but no one wants to actually buy the damn thing.