Dem bicicletas, doe

Health, fitness, and nutrition freaks, lets see those gainz.
D Griff
Trollistrator
Trollistrator
Drives: Bicycles/Two Feet

:wtf: is this winter shit?
Johnny_P
Chief Master Sirloin of the Wasteful Steak
Drives: Blue short bus

D Griff wrote: Thu Dec 07, 2017 9:29 am :wtf: is this winter shit?
Major shrinkage

30s is tough. That's down to where it's just damn cold. For low 30s you need base layer, jersey, jacket, full finger gloves with insulation, full tights, wool socks, over boots, and I'd suggest a neck gaiter and/or head and ear coverage. High 30s you can take some of that stuff away and be alright. You generally need less clothing if you're mountain biking than if you're road biking because speeds and wind are much lower.
Apex
Drives: Abominable

Johnny_P wrote: Thu Dec 07, 2017 10:02 am
D Griff wrote: Thu Dec 07, 2017 9:29 am :wtf: is this winter shit?
Major shrinkage

30s is tough. That's down to where it's just damn cold. For low 30s you need base layer, jersey, jacket, full finger gloves with insulation, full tights, wool socks, over boots, and I'd suggest a neck gaiter and/or head and ear coverage. High 30s you can take some of that stuff away and be alright. You generally need less clothing if you're mountain biking than if you're road biking because speeds and wind are much lower.
I was alright on my 42 degree ride in full under armor. A light windbreaker and face shield would have been perfect, but I didn't get cold. :notsure: about riding in much colder weather than that doe.
Johnny_P

Apex wrote: Thu Dec 07, 2017 12:06 pm
Johnny_P wrote: Thu Dec 07, 2017 10:02 am

Major shrinkage

I was alright on my 42 degree ride in full under armor. A light windbreaker and face shield would have been perfect, but I didn't get cold. :notsure: about riding in much colder weather than that doe.
The problem becomes breathing and keeping extremities warm. My fingers go numb and my toes will lose feeling quickly if it's below freezing. And dat chest pain from breathing icy air. Eh I'd rather just stay at home in that case.
Apex

Johnny_P wrote: Thu Dec 07, 2017 12:08 pm
Apex wrote: Thu Dec 07, 2017 12:06 pm

The problem becomes breathing and keeping extremities warm. My fingers go numb and my toes will lose feeling quickly if it's below freezing. And dat chest pain from breathing icy air. Eh I'd rather just stay at home in that case.
:dat: is why I'd want a face shield so the air isn't completely freezing as you breathe in.
Johnny_P

[user not found] wrote: Thu Dec 07, 2017 12:09 pm

The more you do it, the easier it gets.

I need to ride this winter, period. I've become a big :pussy: when it comes to cold weather riding.
I've pulled muscles in the cold before. Meh.
Johnny_P

Apex wrote: Thu Dec 07, 2017 12:10 pm

:dat: is why I'd want a face shield so the air isn't completely freezing as you breathe in.
Neck gaiter, brah. Pull it up over your nose. Or just :dealwithit: like a man. Problem with face shield is it'll fog over especially if you stop for a second.
Apex

Johnny_P wrote: Thu Dec 07, 2017 12:14 pm
Apex wrote: Thu Dec 07, 2017 12:10 pm

Neck gaiter, brah. Pull it up over your nose. Or just :dealwithit: like a man. Problem with face shield is it'll fog over especially if you stop for a second.
:derp: Neck gaiter is what I meant.
Johnny_P

New merch dropping from Team Dream Team.

https://teamdreambicyclingteam.com/coll ... l-products

Want. $135 doe. :notsure:
goIftdibrad
Chief Master Soft Brain
Chief Master Soft Brain
Drives: straight past the apex

brain go brrrrrr
Johnny_P

Big Brain Bradley wrote: Tue Dec 12, 2017 10:00 am Image
:dat: bicycle is poverty transport
goIftdibrad
Chief Master Soft Brain
Chief Master Soft Brain

Johnny_P wrote: Tue Dec 12, 2017 10:04 am
Big Brain Bradley wrote: Tue Dec 12, 2017 10:00 am Image
:dat: bicycle is poverty transport
Huge timesuck too. you'd be better off going to gym for cardio, its more efficient.

#saltyfax
brain go brrrrrr
goIftdibrad
Chief Master Soft Brain
Chief Master Soft Brain

[user not found] wrote: Tue Dec 12, 2017 11:00 pm
Big Brain Bradley wrote: Tue Dec 12, 2017 10:07 am

Huge timesuck too. you'd be better off going to gym for cardio, its more efficient.

#saltyfax
#bradsosalty
dat abuse of power to change the narrative in your favor :impressive: :slowclap: :zing:
brain go brrrrrr
Johnny_P

[user not found] wrote: Tue Dec 12, 2017 11:26 pm Also, I'm done with winter already. Gimme a warm weekend so I can ride mah poverty transport.
:pussy: go skiing
fledonfoot
First Sirloin
First Sirloin
Drives: Taco Truk | Power Wheels Heep

[user not found] wrote: Tue Dec 12, 2017 11:26 pm Also, I'm done with winter already. Gimme a warm weekend so I can be a homeowner.
I tried the last few weeks before the weather changed... but you had "projects".
Apex

fledonfoot wrote: Wed Dec 13, 2017 8:57 am
[user not found] wrote: Tue Dec 12, 2017 11:26 pm Also, I'm done with winter already. Gimme a warm weekend so I can be a homeowner.
I tried the last few weeks before the weather changed... but you had "projects".
#pinshit
Apex

I think the roof rack is coming off soon. Getting a ride in December ain't too bad doe.
Johnny_P

Apex wrote: Wed Dec 13, 2017 9:04 am I think the roof rack is coming off soon. Getting a ride in December ain't too bad doe.
Why not just leave it on? We always just left ours on all year because it's a royal PITA to reinstall these things.
Johnny_P

fledonfoot wrote: Wed Dec 13, 2017 8:57 am
Dat domestication doe :disgust:

I miss pizza ride. Getting blitzed on Tuesday nights with the bros was always so much fun.
Apex

Johnny_P wrote: Wed Dec 13, 2017 9:05 am
Apex wrote: Wed Dec 13, 2017 9:04 am I think the roof rack is coming off soon. Getting a ride in December ain't too bad doe.
Why not just leave it on? We always just left ours on all year because it's a royal PITA to reinstall these things.
This rack literally takes 5 mins to put on or take off; it's really a great design. And will make clearing the roof of snow much easier. :lol:
Johnny_P

Apex wrote: Wed Dec 13, 2017 9:13 am

This rack literally takes 5 mins to put on or take off; it's really a great design. And will make clearing the roof of snow much easier. :lol:
Sometimes I think I should have bought the Mini. Esp on the F55/56 models everything is just so "right sized" in a world where everything is becoming bloated and oversized.
Apex

Johnny_P wrote: Wed Dec 13, 2017 9:22 am

Sometimes I think I should have bought the Mini. Esp on the F55/56 models everything is just so "right sized" in a world where everything is becoming bloated and oversized.
The F56 with the new AT's is a really nice daily. Having driven a few models with that drivetrain as loaners, I get a little :jelly: when I'm sitting in traffic inching forward.
Johnny_P

Apex wrote: Wed Dec 13, 2017 9:24 am
Johnny_P wrote: Wed Dec 13, 2017 9:22 am

The F56 with the new AT's is a really nice daily. Having driven a few models with that drivetrain as loaners, I get a little :jelly: when I'm sitting in traffic inching forward.
That's the thing. The MT was :poop: but the AT pairs much better with that car. I think they tried to smooth out the MT experience too much with the dual mass heavy af flywheel, clutch with no feel, and long throw shifter with no resistance to the reverse gate. Meanwhile the AT shifted fast, responded quickly to the paddles, and was more revvy.
Apex

Johnny_P wrote: Wed Dec 13, 2017 9:36 am
Apex wrote: Wed Dec 13, 2017 9:24 am

That's the thing. The MT was :poop: but the AT pairs much better with that car. I think they tried to smooth out the MT experience too much with the dual mass heavy af flywheel, clutch with no feel, and long throw shifter with no resistance to the reverse gate. Meanwhile the AT shifted fast, responded quickly to the paddles, and was more revvy.
:dat:
Gberg2119
First Sirloin
First Sirloin
Drives: W///

You have roof rails right?